Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,139 members, 7,818,430 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 03:23 PM

How Do I Handle A Stubborn Brother - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / How Do I Handle A Stubborn Brother (18009 Views)

How Do I Handle This Kind Of Woman? / How Do I Handle A Husband Who Wants To Have Sex Almost Everyday? / How Can I Handle This Issue With The Wife Of My Boss? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

How Do I Handle A Stubborn Brother by Nobody: 8:13pm On May 31, 2023
Pls how do i deal with my junior brother?

I'm 19 yrs old and he is 17
He is very spoilt and stubborn
I just finished having a confrontation with him because i locked the window in our room cus the breeze entrying was much and it was making the cotton to fall.

He came in the room where i was reading and started shouting that the room is smelling calling me insultive name like olorun,obun room that isn'tsmelling at all.a new room.

When my mom intervened he starts saying she's always supporting me which he always says..

He thinks he can fight me but i don't just want to destroy that his mouth that is running like tap so i had to control my temper because he is a slim person and I'm more muscular.

Imagine when he had a surgery my mom spent over 120k on the surgery yet he still has the balls to talk any how to her.

Pls how do we bring him to order
Note: Our dad is late

Thanks much

24 Likes 2 Shares

Re: How Do I Handle A Stubborn Brother by taylor88(m): 8:16pm On May 31, 2023
19 and 17

Two of una need someone older to handle una two

180 Likes 11 Shares

Re: How Do I Handle A Stubborn Brother by Westerhoffe(m): 8:20pm On May 31, 2023
Boys Remand Home straight… he'll come back gentle as a dove.

Personal Disclaimer: I typed the above under the influence of water.

51 Likes 2 Shares

Re: How Do I Handle A Stubborn Brother by OgbeniOja1: 8:21pm On May 31, 2023
Destroy his mouth

24 Likes 2 Shares

Re: How Do I Handle A Stubborn Brother by HacheNoire: 8:22pm On May 31, 2023
Have you beaten him before?

You need teach him a lesson he will never forget. That’s the way you can create limits and set boundaries.

Take him to a field where no one can separate you, and beat him VERY well. I mean very well. If you can afford boxing gloves, get two pairs for both of you.

If he insist, beat him till he raises up his hands. Make sure you do until you are tired, and make sure he does not run away. I will suggest upstairs of an uncompleted building cos he might want to flee.

Come back and thank me.

183 Likes 4 Shares

Re: How Do I Handle A Stubborn Brother by Nobody: 8:24pm On May 31, 2023
OgbeniOja1:
Destroy his mouth

Lolzz grin

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Do I Handle A Stubborn Brother by Nobody: 8:24pm On May 31, 2023
HacheNoire:

You need teach him a lesson he will never forget. That’s the way you can create limits and set boundaries.

Take him to a field where no one can separate you, and beat him VERY well. I mean very well. If you can afford boxing gloves, get two pairs for both of you.

If he insist, beat him till he raises up his hands. Make sure you do until you are tired, and make sure he does not run away. I will suggest upstairs of an uncompleted building cos he might want to flee.

Come back and thank me.

Alright thanks

19 Likes 2 Shares

Re: How Do I Handle A Stubborn Brother by mariahAngel(f): 8:25pm On May 31, 2023
For the sake of your mum, do not fight (beat up) your younger brother. Please o!
She might not be able to bear her sons fighting.

Have and keep having patience with him, I believe he'll change eventually.
Whenever he starts to act all aggressive and stubborn, talk to him in a calmer tone.
Tell him not to talk back at your mum also.

26 Likes 2 Shares

Re: How Do I Handle A Stubborn Brother by Nobody: 8:28pm On May 31, 2023
Temioolajide:
Pls how do i deal with my junior brother?

I'm 19 yrs old and he is 17
He is very spoilt and stubborn
I just finished having a confrontation with him because i locked the window in our room cus the breeze entrying was much and it was making the cotton to fall.

He came in the room where i was reading and started shouting that the room is smelling calling me insultive name like olorun,obun room that isn'tsmelling at all.a new room.

When my mom intervened he starts saying she's always supporting me which he always says..

He thinks he can fight me but i don't just want to destroy that his mouth that is running like tap so i had to control my temper because he is a slim person and I'm more muscular.

Imagine when he had a surgery my mom spent over 120k on the surgery yet he still has the balls to talk any how to her.

Pls how do we bring him to order
Note: Our dad is late

Thanks much

I'm guessing your mom is the type that dosent like you beating your younger one because he is a last born...if your mom allowed you to be beating him he wouldn't grow up spoilt...hes I'll advice you to beat him while he is still young hes only 17...he has enough time to still mature

17 Likes

Re: How Do I Handle A Stubborn Brother by Nobody: 8:30pm On May 31, 2023
mariahAngel:
For the sake of your mum, do not fight (beat up) your younger brother. Please o!

Whenever he starts to act all aggressive and stubborn, talk to him in a calmer tone.

My dear you dont understand boys. Unlike girls, boys actually need physical beatings to reset their brains..mothers may not like it but beating does wonders to a boy

93 Likes 2 Shares

Re: How Do I Handle A Stubborn Brother by mariahAngel(f): 8:33pm On May 31, 2023
Rayban25:

My dear you dont understand boys. Unlike girls, boys actually need physical beatings to reset their brains..mothers may not like it but beating does wonders to a boy

What if something happens to either of them in the process? 😰

Op, don't you have any uncle your brother revere?

8 Likes

Re: How Do I Handle A Stubborn Brother by Nobody: 8:36pm On May 31, 2023
Rayban25:

I'm guessing your mom is the type that dosent like you beating your younger one because he is a last born...if your mom allowed you to be beating him he wouldn't grow up spoilt...hes I'll advice you to beat him while he is still young hes only 17...he has enough time to still mature

If i beat him my mom will start saying we are making noise and disturbing the neighbour's...

1 Like

Re: How Do I Handle A Stubborn Brother by Nobody: 8:37pm On May 31, 2023
mariahAngel:

Exactly my mom can't bear it when we beat up each other...

I will talk to him in a calm tone next time
Thank u Mariah

4 Likes

Re: How Do I Handle A Stubborn Brother by mariahAngel(f): 8:51pm On May 31, 2023
Temioolajide:

Thank u Mariah

Either that, or you ignore him.
I believe he'll change.

Pele.

6 Likes

Re: How Do I Handle A Stubborn Brother by Nobody: 8:53pm On May 31, 2023
Temioolajide:

If i beat him my mom will start saying we are making noise and disturbing the neighbour's...

Well I've given my own advice..sorry that your dad passed on..he would have better handled your brother but he must learn when one or the other...because if he gets to the university and further on in life with this attitude who knows..he may get into trouble especially with cultists that's a story for another day I just hope he dosent learn the hard way

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: How Do I Handle A Stubborn Brother by Dtruthspeaker: 8:55pm On May 31, 2023
Temioolajide:

Thank u Mariah

Have you not talked before?

You already know it won't work. Why are you hesitant in beating him?

I don go.

1 Like

Re: How Do I Handle A Stubborn Brother by Nobody: 8:58pm On May 31, 2023
Rayban25:

Well I've given my own advice..sorry that your dad passed on..he would have better handled your brother but he must learn when one or the other...because if he gets to the university and further on in life with this attitude who knows..he may get into trouble especially with cultists that's a story for another day I just hope he dosent learn the hard way

I hope not
Many thanks
Re: How Do I Handle A Stubborn Brother by brain54(m): 9:18pm On May 31, 2023
HacheNoire:

Come back and thank me.
What if OP takes younger bro to the uncompleted building…

Where he can’t get away. With the boxing gloves. Hoping to beat him blue- black.

And then unfortunately the table turns. And younger bro beats OP silly instead.

Meanwhile no one to separate them. So he beats OP till he gets tired?

What if….? If you Dey think back also reason front.

Meanwhile OP… you are the elder of the two. It is what it is.

You just have to be the more mature… play the bigger bro part.

It’s a good thing your mom supports you.

Violence won’t solve anything… I don’t know the nature of his operation but what if something goes wrong in the process of you both slugging it out.

Be the bigger man and ignore your younger bro.

Youthful exuberance at play. He will out grow it with time!

23 Likes 2 Shares

Re: How Do I Handle A Stubborn Brother by Waffarianman(m): 9:26pm On May 31, 2023
Just behave yourself until you're ready leave that home.

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: How Do I Handle A Stubborn Brother by Nobody: 9:52pm On May 31, 2023
brain54:

What if OP takes younger bro to the uncompleted building…

Where he can’t get away. With the boxing gloves. Hoping to beat him blue- black.

And then unfortunately the table turns. And younger bro beats OP silly instead.

Meanwhile no one to separate them. So he beats OP till he gets tired?

What if….? If you Dey think back also reason front.

Meanwhile OP… you are the elder of the two. It is what it is.

You just have to be the more mature… play the bigger bro part.

It’s a good thing your mom supports you.

Violence won’t solve anything… I don’t know the nature of his operation but what if something goes wrong in the process of you both slugging it out.

Be the bigger man and ignore your younger bro.

Youthful exuberance at play. He will out grow it with time!

Alright sir
I'll ignore him
Thank you

1 Like

Re: How Do I Handle A Stubborn Brother by Kasdat5(m): 9:58pm On May 31, 2023
Lock yourself with him in the room
Hide the keys
Tell him to say any unpleasant word(s)
Comot shirt
Bleed his mouth
Give him black eye
but if he beats you instead , just give up..

23 Likes

Re: How Do I Handle A Stubborn Brother by sisisioge: 11:10pm On May 31, 2023
Temioolajide:

Alright thanks

Biko no mind him o. Remember he had a surgery not long along. The silly pikin needs to be treated with other measures but not violence. Chai....they are just so stuipid when so young. It is well fa.

And I cant think of what you should do to him too...
Sorry embarassed

10 Likes 2 Shares

Re: How Do I Handle A Stubborn Brother by Nobody: 7:30am On Jun 01, 2023
sisisioge:

Biko no mind him o. Remember he had a surgery not long along. The silly pikin needs to be treated with other measures but not violence. Chai....they are just so stuipid when so young. It is well fa.

And I cant think of what you should do to him too...
Sorry embarassed

Thanks ma
Re: How Do I Handle A Stubborn Brother by Mindlog: 10:13am On Jun 01, 2023
Temioolajide:

Alright sir
I'll ignore him
Thank you

Do get an uncle of yours who is assertive to come to the house and talk to both of you and your mum, help draw and encourage boundaries as there is need for behavioural modifications to be maintained as your younger brother shouldn't be enabled to continue that pathway.......las, las na outsiders go beat am up.

3 Likes

Re: How Do I Handle A Stubborn Brother by Westerhoffe(m): 10:31am On Jun 01, 2023
Temioolajide:

Alright thanks

If you take him to a field to beat him and the story ends up like that of Cain and Abel, will the commentor take responsibility?

So, beating him may not be the way forward…

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: How Do I Handle A Stubborn Brother by AyobamiIsaac12: 10:37am On Jun 01, 2023
Kasdat5:
Lock yourself with him in the room
Hide the keys
Tell him to say any unpleasant word(s)
Comot shirt
Bleed his mouth
Give him black eye
but if he beats you instead , just give up..
Omo shocked shocked

1 Like

Re: How Do I Handle A Stubborn Brother by ahnie: 10:47am On Jun 01, 2023
Colos

1 Like

Re: How Do I Handle A Stubborn Brother by Miracle1677: 12:36pm On Jun 01, 2023
Good
Re: How Do I Handle A Stubborn Brother by Ioet: 12:36pm On Jun 01, 2023
undecided
Re: How Do I Handle A Stubborn Brother by OfficialRep(m): 12:36pm On Jun 01, 2023
Patience
Re: How Do I Handle A Stubborn Brother by oluwaseyi0: 12:37pm On Jun 01, 2023

unpopular opinion here

take things very very easy, you guys are more or less twins

17 and 19 are same age range

it's not like you senior him with 10years or you can pay his school fees or feed him

you probaly have friends his age, and he probably has friend your age who don't boss him around like you are desperate to do

I'm 3 years older than my best friend and I don't see myself way older than him, we are even classmate in higher institution

drink cold water and always talk things out with your homie, try to understand his view and let him understand yours

let him understand he will sometime need to compromise just like you will also need to compromise

don't mind all those shouting beat him as if he is you 6years own brother are just setting you up for more adversaries

23 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Do I Handle A Stubborn Brother by MASTAkiLLAh(m): 12:38pm On Jun 01, 2023
Everything you said there should be blamed on your parents so don't disturb yourself with frivolities. The best you can do is to advise him one last time man to man then look for a way to improve your life. Get into school or finish with school, learn skills that will put a steady income in your pockets and account then look for a way to leave that house. Carry your cross, your brother should carry his own cross while your parents carry their own. Whenever he comes visiting your place, you can impose and enforce your own laws

4 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Letter To Married African Men And Women By Temi Badmus / Are Nigerian Men Taking-Up More Domestic Responsibilities In The Home? / Is This Family Right To Demand For The Whole Money?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.