Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,344 members, 7,819,213 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 12:50 PM

Buhari Cancels Weekly FEC Meetings - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Buhari Cancels Weekly FEC Meetings (32920 Views)

President Buhari Cancels FEC Meeting Today / Why Weekly FEC Meeting Was Cancelled Today - Presidency / Anybody Else Noticed Absence Of Buhari's Chief Of Staff In Pics Of FEC Meetings? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Buhari Cancels Weekly FEC Meetings by DipoDaniel: 12:10am On Nov 30, 2015
since 1999, I think it's better to abolish the meeting because it hasn't yield any good result.
Once a month-4hrs is good enough, weekly is an over kill.

1 Like

Re: Buhari Cancels Weekly FEC Meetings by Mekzy02(m): 12:12am On Nov 30, 2015
Virgindove:

Stop being abusive! What transformation did GEJ' ministers bring to this country that is praise-worthy? I think a year shouldn't be too much to give a new government before criticism.
the last time I bought fuel under jonathan regime, it was 87 naira... Dollar xchange rate was 150 naira!...so what has your new govt done?

4 Likes

Re: Buhari Cancels Weekly FEC Meetings by IchieDi(m): 12:18am On Nov 30, 2015
Do u expect a meeting wen he has noting to offer or discuss grin

3 Likes

Re: Buhari Cancels Weekly FEC Meetings by OtunbaJ: 12:24am On Nov 30, 2015
some pple can be very irritating, for d fact that corruption has eaten deep into our system doesn't mean we can not retrace out steps back. these pple meet every Wednesday to discuss noting or better still to discuss on how to share cooking stove to d general public. they come to aso rock to drink tea + oda goodies or better still sapele water @ d expense of good policy making and u called dt an achievement. I voted for GEJ in 2011 because d zeal I saw in him but he allowed d so call ministers to destroyed his good plans. And here is somebody saying luk go do what u ar paid for and lets meet once in a month to discuss any challenges and we still critize that. i think is high time we dropped all dis sentiments and support d government on any good decision taken and only critize d bad once. for me d decision is good step in right direction. God bless Nigeria.

1 Like

Re: Buhari Cancels Weekly FEC Meetings by Ximonak: 12:28am On Nov 30, 2015
quest4s:
So Ordinary Commissioner cannot preside over FEC Meeting abi?

you just spoke my mind, must the president be physically present in the meeting, two weeks is still ok but is the meeting not part of their job.

2 Likes

Re: Buhari Cancels Weekly FEC Meetings by Spybradd: 12:28am On Nov 30, 2015
wachakuta MONKEY grin:
Waileres ur Infinite knowledge of detailed explanation on dis matter is needed thank u in advance

CHIMPANZEE grin

1 Like

Re: Buhari Cancels Weekly FEC Meetings by oweman: 1:15am On Nov 30, 2015
Enough of contract awarding federal executive meetings so the minister can concentrate on the task of nation buildings .
Waildrswillcry till the announcement of the death of biafrsudradio director is made on bbc and CNN.

1 Like

Re: Buhari Cancels Weekly FEC Meetings by RaptorX: 1:40am On Nov 30, 2015
otokx:
International commitments ke? Is Buhari now Secretary General of United Nations?
He is due in South Africa for the China -Africa summit when he comes back from Malta and France.

1 Like

Re: Buhari Cancels Weekly FEC Meetings by shammah1(m): 1:56am On Nov 30, 2015
Guy, there's nothing like "alas" (at last). You've been scammed long before the election so I hope you wake up soon.
Built2last:
PMB is currently in France for climate change conference.

@Built2last can report exclusively that he will be visiting Nigeria for One week come wednesday 3rd December enroute mexico on the 10th of december.

He has also told me to inform you that when he said bokoharam will end in December. He meant december 31st 2015 by 11:59pm.

Abeg who dey sell the wailing form cos By 31st night, i will officially join my compatriots like Dele Momodu, cramjones, and Omojuwa who are warming up their pen to fill the wailers form.

Alas, we have been scammed again.
Re: Buhari Cancels Weekly FEC Meetings by nobeku: 2:17am On Nov 30, 2015
masterpower:

Buhari's team is lame, dumb and just like their dullard master, Vissionless.

Funny enough, Buhari is already talking about his second term even when the utu nwangene have kept nigeria in darkness, no fuel, no road, no salaries, no employment, no cash, i mean just zero point.

All the people that voted the shameless president buhari'a should appologise to Nigerians and ask for forgiveness.
YOU ARE SUCH A FUUUCKING FACTORY FITTED FOOOOL...At your age, you have NOTHING in your brains.. What a wasted life.. Imagine the class of schooling you received..See the rubbish you regurgitated here..
Re: Buhari Cancels Weekly FEC Meetings by nobeku: 2:21am On Nov 30, 2015
ShowYourCertificate:
We all know why he cancelled it. To enable him travel round the world more. Mr Tourism.

Dullard President
Children of masons, artisans like you have de nerve to come here and talk?
Re: Buhari Cancels Weekly FEC Meetings by nobeku: 2:31am On Nov 30, 2015
dexterinc2003:
90 percent of this bitter rants are because GMB didnt grant you guys biafra...talk is cheap, kindly go and protest in lagos.
Thanks alot my brother.. I am so happy that they are all pained... We de Igbos are so STEWPEEED that we don't know what we are agitating for..

1 Like

Re: Buhari Cancels Weekly FEC Meetings by nobeku: 2:39am On Nov 30, 2015
forkadict:
I feel like slapping some sense into this old dunce. Just get to work old man gaddamnit!

For the past 3 days, I haven't had more than six hours power supply,now add fuel scarcity to the terrible mix and this old man is not even saying anything to anyone. He is just globe trotting all over! Naija I bow o.

Before you call your father a wailer, ask yourself if you voted for him in 2007, 2011, and 2015 cos I did.
Your father is a BUFFOON and a Wailer...EEJIT, was it Buhari that was president in 2007 and 2011?You acknowledged the fact that Buhari has not added much to our light situation.. Most PHCN workers and contractors are doing their jobs better because of the Buhari scare..And now, you come here to blame Buhari for the electricity you claim he has nothing to do with..Sometimes, I wonder what me, myself,is doing on nairaland.. A place filled with nonentities, SCALLYWAGS, nincompoops etc.. You need to meet with the average nairalander in person.. LOWLIFERS!!!!! No class at all.. What a shame..

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Buhari Cancels Weekly FEC Meetings by ubah84(m): 2:43am On Nov 30, 2015
ignore d wailers

1 Like

Re: Buhari Cancels Weekly FEC Meetings by nobeku: 2:45am On Nov 30, 2015
yaskarahyelhope:

Nne abi nna wake up from ya god forsaken change syndrome. Even d northerners are getting sick and tired of d change madness. U say sai change or sai baba, they wound want to slaughter U. Wat do U expecting from a certificateless personality who is busy visiting Islamic countries with d hope of islamizing his soul. Better sit shut and pray to God silently for ya kwantiri.

As for me and my house, we will sure d Lord. Not just that, wen there's a casting down we will shout, there's a lifting up in Jesus' name
From your post, I see no difference between you and the islamic you just bashed.. You are not even a Christian in the spirit of it all.. You are just a POOR WAILER! Buhari will do 20times better than Jonathan and PDP combined together at the end of just 2 years.. Start learning how to deal with it now.. TORCHECUL!!!
Re: Buhari Cancels Weekly FEC Meetings by Abeymills(m): 2:58am On Nov 30, 2015
Am not surprised at all at dis kind of decision by goro chewing aboki ediotic president in d next 3yrs Nigeria wil b like wat?buhari u AR useless liar old cargo Nigeria is bin run like his stupid farm wicked tyrant

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Buhari Cancels Weekly FEC Meetings by light004: 3:07am On Nov 30, 2015
ibisko04:

What is there to discuss weekly? All the weekly discussion of previous regime did not take us anywhere.
Policy and performance discussion should be a tradition to make things easier for the government.
You don't need to sits and laugh at the waist of resources every Wednesday and say you are discussing progress.
This is part of change.

APC supporters never difficult to recognize, lost all sense of reasoning and subscribe to blind loyalty. There hypocrisy stinks. It's easier to reason with a cow than this supporters.

El.rufia, the dwarf told them gej spent 64billion on independence celebrations for four years without thinking the goats went to town as usual to spread the false gospel but when Buhari government revealed the truth they maintained a deafening silence. No shame, no class, they lack integrity.
One word for APC is shamelessness.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Buhari Cancels Weekly FEC Meetings by Pain(m): 3:09am On Nov 30, 2015
Abeg oga driver give me my CHANGE. I wan drop here..

1 Like

Re: Buhari Cancels Weekly FEC Meetings by campdavid2015: 3:11am On Nov 30, 2015
This Man hv reeally shown that he has nothing to offer. Excuses every day. God hv mercy.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Buhari Cancels Weekly FEC Meetings by musb92yahooco: 3:34am On Nov 30, 2015
That's a very gud 1 Mr president now is nt tym for joke tym for business
Re: Buhari Cancels Weekly FEC Meetings by kayusely: 4:04am On Nov 30, 2015
wachakuta:

The federal executive council (FEC) meeting, which used to hold weekly since 1999, will now take place once in two weeks, TheCable can report.

President Muhammadu Buhari has decided that meeting every Wednesday is surplus to requirement, a senior government official told TheCable.

“And FEC will no longer be all about awarding contracts but a serious discussion of policy issues and appraisal of ministerial performance,” the official said.

FEC has been held just once since the appointment of ministers, with the only meeting taking place on November 11 — the day they were inaugurated.

There was no meeting on November 18, and Buhari was in Ikenne, Ogun state, for the burial of HID Awolowo on November 25.

Buhari will not be in the country on December 2 because of his international commitments.

It is still not clear when the next meeting will hold.

“The president believes once he had given you a job, you have to deliver. He was very painstaking in picking the ministers and he is convinced he has picked a very good team, so it is now left for them to deliver the goods with minimal supervision,” the official said.

“FEC meetings will now be for brainstorming on policies and performance review, not just contracts.”

In the past, decisions on such matters as purchase of cooking stoves and waste bins were discussed at FEC and announced to the world by ministers at media briefings after the meetings.

https://www.thecable.ng/exclusive-buhari-cancels-weekly-fec-meeting#.VltCqOD68K4.twitter
You are very wrong that Buhari was in Ikenne on Nov 25 for the burial of H I D Awolowo he was represented by the senate president Dr Bukola Saraki. That's lazy and yellow journalism..

1 Like

Re: Buhari Cancels Weekly FEC Meetings by Kirinwa: 5:01am On Nov 30, 2015
If you regretted voting Buhari click like.
If you don't regret voting Buhari click share.

Let the voting begin.

2 Likes

Re: Buhari Cancels Weekly FEC Meetings by tete7000(m): 5:26am On Nov 30, 2015
A man that once said ministers are not needed because they are noisemakers and because permanent secretaries can do their jobs has suddenly started believing that he has a team of competent ministers that would work while he galllivants around the world. What a confused person we have as President. He says one thing today and does something tomorrow that contradicts what he says today.

3 Likes

Re: Buhari Cancels Weekly FEC Meetings by Kazrem(m): 5:36am On Nov 30, 2015
Descartes:
Are you sure?
Hope it won't be denied within 24 hours.
Exactly. It will soon be denied.

3 Likes

Re: Buhari Cancels Weekly FEC Meetings by Ahmeduana(m): 5:37am On Nov 30, 2015
Descartes:
Are you sure?
Hope it won't be denied within 24 hours.
AS THEY SAY, OLD HABIT dies HARD, BUHARI A DICTATOR IS NOW A TYRANT IN THE MAKING! A USELESS ONE FOR THAT MATTER!
MOREOVER AM START SENSING BUHARI INCAPACILITIES, ALL THOSE COVER UP DURING CAMPAIGN ABOUT BUHARI HEALTH HAS START MANIFESTING, THAT'S WHY THEY ARE GIVING IRRELEVANTS REASONS AND EXCUSES, ANY APC MEMBER THAT INSULT OUR INTELLIGENCE AGAIN NA THUNDER NAIM I GO BEG MAKE E DEY STRIKE THEM ONE BY ONE, USELESS MORONS, all because of triahlism and religion differences that make hausa and their yoruba collaborator made jonathan government a living hell as if jonathan ruling is not for the benefit of nigeria citizens, BUT ONE THING AM CERTAIN OF IS THAT GOD IS NOT AN HYPOCRATE, HE WILL SURELY REWARD ANYBODY AND EVERYBODY THAT MAKE NIGERIA UNGOVERN-ABLE, AS FOR ME i no forgive buhari, is northern brothers> (the ones that conive with buhari to make nigeria ungovernable) and apc goonses and zombieses!

2 Likes

Re: Buhari Cancels Weekly FEC Meetings by tete7000(m): 5:41am On Nov 30, 2015
I have always wondered how Idiagbon became more popular than Buhari, the C-in-C. Now it is making sense, Buhari is a person who abdicates his responsibilities to his lieutenants. His personality hasn't changed. Let's watch out for who Idiagbon of our time will be.

2 Likes

Re: Buhari Cancels Weekly FEC Meetings by JohnReese: 5:44am On Nov 30, 2015
Endtime president grin
Re: Buhari Cancels Weekly FEC Meetings by victorazy(m): 6:09am On Nov 30, 2015
Demburrows:

Are we even sure this man and his globe trotting is not a covert medical trips, this man is down with serious ailment we dont know about

Maybe o!
Re: Buhari Cancels Weekly FEC Meetings by poseidon12: 6:21am On Nov 30, 2015
kokoA:
international awards my a55. How did they touch your life positively? I'd rather support a local champion who formulate policies that affect the masses positively than a world Bank economist who only know how to favour the rich in policy making. You still ha colonial mentality in you sorry.
So have we yet got any policies that affect the masses positively from the so called local champions?
Re: Buhari Cancels Weekly FEC Meetings by Queengal: 6:22am On Nov 30, 2015
Buhari is a bad luck
Re: Buhari Cancels Weekly FEC Meetings by Lighthouseman: 6:22am On Nov 30, 2015
resty4:
Not surprise, buhari has ntin 2 discus weekly. He's a failure.
That's an upper cut on the person of the junketer ooooo

In Tinubu voice, the honeymoon is over

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

#GejWhileYouWereAway Trending On Twitter - Nigerians React / Amotekun Is Unconstitutional - Maigari Dingyadi, Police Affairs Minister / Chad Soldiers Leave Nigeria As Their Boko Haram Fighting Mission Ends

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.