Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,197 members, 7,818,656 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 08:58 PM

Buhari Cancels Weekly FEC Meetings - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Buhari Cancels Weekly FEC Meetings (32916 Views)

President Buhari Cancels FEC Meeting Today / Why Weekly FEC Meeting Was Cancelled Today - Presidency / Anybody Else Noticed Absence Of Buhari's Chief Of Staff In Pics Of FEC Meetings? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Buhari Cancels Weekly FEC Meetings by kalusky02(m): 10:37am On Nov 30, 2015
The essence of the FEC is to formulate policy but of late it has become the epicentre for the award of juicy government contracts to friends and cronies.
Re: Buhari Cancels Weekly FEC Meetings by jkbee(m): 11:02am On Nov 30, 2015
Myopic! He wouldnt want the Vice to act on his behalf as he couldn't trust Prof of law against himself.
In other words His traveling schedule hinder the meeting angry
Re: Buhari Cancels Weekly FEC Meetings by vRendoh(m): 11:21am On Nov 30, 2015

He is having too many absents cos of his world tour. Na sense na !
Re: Buhari Cancels Weekly FEC Meetings by ibisko04: 11:27am On Nov 30, 2015
light004:

APC supporters never difficult to recognize, lost all sense of reasoning and subscribe to blind loyalty. There hypocrisy stinks. It's easier to reason with a cow than this supporters.

El.rufia, the dwarf told them gej spent 64billion on independence celebrations for four years without thinking the goats went to town as usual to spread the false gospel but when Buhari government revealed the truth they maintained a deafening silence. No shame, no class, they lack integrity.
One word for APC is shamelessness.
See who is talking. Tell me what happened every time they gathered in that weekly jamboree called federal executive council meeting?
Nothing.
They gathered together to laugh and make merry and the citizens go further down the economic ladder.
Re: Buhari Cancels Weekly FEC Meetings by Bimpe29: 12:22pm On Nov 30, 2015
It is really surplus to requirements. Such time and resources expended on weekly FEC meeting could be used for some pressing national needs.
Re: Buhari Cancels Weekly FEC Meetings by Nobody: 1:09pm On Nov 30, 2015
Buhari Cancels Weekly FEC Meetings to enable him globetrot again and again.
Re: Buhari Cancels Weekly FEC Meetings by Malawian(m): 5:29pm On Nov 30, 2015
otukpo:
Why won't he cancel it?

He kniws he is not ready to be in the country to attend the meetings and also give the council direction.

Besides, he may not want to be present in the meetings to expose his ignorance.

Anyhow sha, he is our president and we have accepted him anyhow it is. Atleast for the remaining three and half years.
nigerians are already counting down to when this suffering will end. grin grin grin grin
shebi we no dey hear well for this country. we leave frying pan enter fire.
let oby go and do her BBOG now and see if boko haram wont bomb her fat nyash.

we nigerians like to be punished. i dont no why.

we like suffering. grin grin grin

chai. my rent don almost dey due, and i dey seriously look for 500k wey no dey.
Re: Buhari Cancels Weekly FEC Meetings by IBBG(m): 5:38pm On Nov 30, 2015
this is a wrong move. u need to be in touch constantly to be abreast of information emanating from the various ministries as well as gauge progress vis a vis the goals and target set for each ministries.
once again wrong move!
Re: Buhari Cancels Weekly FEC Meetings by Gamechanger: 6:04pm On Nov 30, 2015
Please I don't understand why APC and Buhari supporters are so quick to explain away his gaffes.

Even if it is agreed that FEC meetings by previous governments are held just to award contracts (contracts to be executed outside Nigeria) and eat, can't Buhari retain the meetings but use it to award contracts to be executed here in Nigeria and for them to at least inform us of the direction we are headed; what the government thinks about our concerns and the policy adopted towards the issues concerning the nation.

We need to know a lot. Investors need to know too.

Apart from corruption etc etc
Re: Buhari Cancels Weekly FEC Meetings by Ndipe(m): 4:12am On Dec 01, 2015
kayusely:
You are very wrong that Buhari was in Ikenne on Nov 25 for the burial of H I D Awolowo he was represented by the senate president Dr Bukola Saraki. That's lazy and yellow journalism..

Buhari was in attendance at HID Awolowo's funeral.

http://www.vanguardngr.com/2015/11/buhari-ministers-16-govs-others-bid-hid-awolowo-farewell/
Re: Buhari Cancels Weekly FEC Meetings by light004: 2:30pm On Dec 01, 2015
ibisko04:

See who is talking. Tell me what happened every time they gathered in that weekly jamboree called federal executive council meeting?
Nothing.
They gathered together to laugh and make merry and the citizens go further down the economic ladder.

you tell me what's happening at the fed executive council meeting i guess you are a regular?. Empty head, you don't need to search far before they rear their ugly head. Jumping into conclusion without the slightest form of thinking. There foolishness has led us to this sorry state we are in today. Tell them $49.8billion is missing, they run to street screaming blue murder then return the next day, give them another figure on the same issue they will go to the street again screaming. Try asking them if they are sure or if it's possible such an amount is missing? Their answer, that is what Mr so so and so said. They are just empty!!!!
Re: Buhari Cancels Weekly FEC Meetings by ibisko04: 6:57pm On Dec 01, 2015
light004:

you tell me what's happening at the fed executive council meeting i guess you are a regular?. Empty head, you don't need to search far before they rear their ugly head. Jumping into conclusion without the slightest form of thinking. There foolishness has led us to this sorry state we are in today. Tell them $49.8billion is missing, they run to street screaming blue murder then return the next day, give them another figure on the same issue they will go to the street again screaming. Try asking them if they are sure or if it's possible such an amount is missing? Their answer, that is what Mr so so and so said. They are just empty!!!!

Stop blabbing my friend. Tell me what we have gained as a result of federal executive council weeklies meeting.
I am not a blind follower of any government. When it is time for me to criticize this government, I will not hesitate.
Re: Buhari Cancels Weekly FEC Meetings by light004: 7:46pm On Dec 01, 2015
ibisko04:

Stop blabbing my friend. Tell me what we have gained as a result of federal executive council weeklies meeting.
I am not a blind follower of any government. When it is time for me to criticize this government, I will not hesitate.

I can see you need education but sorry, naira land is a place to share ideas and not for learners. It's unfortunate that you don't understand the benefit of communication and coordination afforded the govt through the weekly executive council meeting. It's obvious you are among the ones that says that PDP achieved nothing in the last sixteen years and my simple reply is compare the preceding sixteen years before 1999 to the sixteen years after. Let see if you conclusion will be the same in an objective analysis.

I don't care weather you criticize the govt or not. You don't criticize for the sake of it but for genuine reasons.
Re: Buhari Cancels Weekly FEC Meetings by ibisko04: 8:17pm On Dec 01, 2015
light004:

I can see you need education but sorry, naira land is a place to share ideas and not for learners. It's unfortunate that you don't understand the benefit of communication and coordination afforded the govt through the weekly executive council meeting. It's obvious you are among the ones that says that PDP achieved nothing in the last sixteen years and my simple reply is compare the preceding sixteen years before 1999 to the sixteen years after. Let see if you conclusion will be the same in an objective analysis.

I don't care weather you criticize the govt or not. You don't criticize for the sake of it but for genuine reasons.
Far from your taught. Definitely, gains were made in the last sixteen years.
How much we gained are not corresponding with the waisted resources.
Criticizing in real sense of it is what I do, not crying and making noise where it is not necessary.
Re: Buhari Cancels Weekly FEC Meetings by light004: 4:09am On Dec 02, 2015
ibisko04:

Far from your taught. Definitely, gains were made in the last sixteen years.
How much we gained are not corresponding with the waisted resources.
Criticizing in real sense of it is what I do, not crying and making noise where it is not necessary.

So, gains were made. That's all I needed to get from you and those gains came as a result of of regular interaction afforded by the weekly meetings. End of story!!!
Re: Buhari Cancels Weekly FEC Meetings by ibisko04: 8:38am On Dec 02, 2015
light004:

So, gains were made. That's all I needed to get from you and those gains came as a result of of regular interaction afforded by the weekly meetings. End of story!!!
Not because of sitting down weekly. But as a result of little value added unto the people through good people who have opportunity to serve.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

How I Converted To Islam - Olufunsho Amosun / Walter Carrington Dies At 90 / President Buhari Calls For Immediate Release Of Malian President Keita

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.