Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,896 members, 7,814,027 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 01:55 AM

Ondo Youths Reject Igbo Politician As Council Caretaker, Storm Street To Protest - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Ondo Youths Reject Igbo Politician As Council Caretaker, Storm Street To Protest (31769 Views)

EndSARS: Resign Now!, Protesting Ondo Youths Slam Buhari / Ondo Youths Commission Road "On Behalf Of The Governor" (Video) / Army Release Photo Of Politician As Faces Of Disgruntled Nig Spreading Fake News (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (15) (Reply) (Go Down)

Ondo Youths Reject Igbo Politician As Council Caretaker, Storm Street To Protest by clockwisereport: 9:46am On Aug 24, 2023
Youths in the Odigbo Local Government Area of Ondo State, on Saturday, trooped out to protest the alleged plan by some persons in the state government to impose one Mrs Eucharia Nwamara as the pioneer chairman of the newly-created Local Council Development Areas in the area.

The Odigbo youths who converged on the palace of the town, also alleged that some powerful members in the Governor Rotimi Akeredolu-led administration planned to impose Nwamara from Imo State on them.

Specifically, the protesters declared that Nwamara is an Igbo associate of the wife of the state governor, Mrs Betty Anyanwu-Akeredolu, and the plan to impose her (Nwamara) would not be permitted for the new LCDA.

Speaking on the development, one of the protesters and community leader, Mr Femi Olafumiloye, said the alleged plan to impose an Igbo politician as caretaker chairman of the new LCDA would disturb peace in the community.

He said, “How can we start an LCDA with a total stranger as the first caretaker chairman. It is a passionate plea. They can rescind this decision. We cannot take it. Let one of our people be the chairman. How can an Igbo woman communicate with us.”

Another protester, who identified himself as Adeyemi, described the alleged imposition as an aberration in the politics of the community, declaring that the residents would not accept it.

He said, Our king cannot go to council to take orders from someone who is not from here. If we refuse to fight, our children will fight. Everybody must rise up against this. Our youths are prepared. We are fighting for what is legitimate.”

However, a former member of the House of Representatives and indigene of the community, Mr Mayowa Akinfolarin, urged the youths to be calm, assuring them that the matter would be resolved amicably.

“We have this historic antecedent of ensuring peace in our domain. We have told our youths to be peaceful. We are doing many things to ensure peace,” Akinfolarin said.

Commenting on the matter, the monarch of Odigbo Kingdom, Oba Rufus Akinrinmade, advised the youths to sheathe their swords while also appealing to the government to reconsider the decision.

But when contacted for her reaction, Nwamara said she was not aware of the protest, noting that she had lived in the community for 35 years.

“I am a politician. Everything in life is opportunity. I did not know about any protests. I have lived in Odigbo for over 35 years. I have helped in community development. I am also hearing rumour,” she said.

The state House of Assembly had last week passed the LCDA Bill into law. The newly created LCDAs were created from the existing 18 local governments in the state.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/punchng.com/ondo-youths-reject-igbo-politician-as-council-caretaker/%3famp

43 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Ondo Youths Reject Igbo Politician As Council Caretaker, Storm Street To Protest by Buharidgeneral: 9:52am On Aug 24, 2023
He get reason brb

10 Likes

Re: Ondo Youths Reject Igbo Politician As Council Caretaker, Storm Street To Protest by Flathead8: 9:53am On Aug 24, 2023
I totally support this, if a common security guard can't be Yoruba in SE, I see no reason why Ibo should be elected

249 Likes 36 Shares

Re: Ondo Youths Reject Igbo Politician As Council Caretaker, Storm Street To Protest by illicit(m): 9:53am On Aug 24, 2023
Hmmmm
Re: Ondo Youths Reject Igbo Politician As Council Caretaker, Storm Street To Protest by anonymous1759(m): 9:58am On Aug 24, 2023
If she’s competent no Wahala but from all indications she’s not and was lobbied in so their aggression is justified. grin secondly and the most important they rejected their sister for holding a public office because she married a Ronu man and their bragging rights like we’ve dominated so so place this place is no man’s land will always make it difficult for people to trust them with sensitive positions territorial integrity is very important.

Some people will quote me And say Nigeria is in a mess because they’ve not ruled this country like their region is the best . The last time we’d a civil war is when they ruled .
Nigeria needs internal cleansing and restructuring to unmask incompetent leaders.

59 Likes 12 Shares

Re: Ondo Youths Reject Igbo Politician As Council Caretaker, Storm Street To Protest by GeneralPula: 9:59am On Aug 24, 2023
Good..

Ordinary Special adviser, you can’t get from their region..

Mr.Nnamara abi Wetin be the name should go become whatever he wants in Abia..

The ones they’ve appointed should be sacked. No one was born into this world to be fetching water into Basket..

Palapala Eja Panla..

243 Likes 22 Shares

Re: Ondo Youths Reject Igbo Politician As Council Caretaker, Storm Street To Protest by slivertongue: 10:01am On Aug 24, 2023
He urged the protesters to lobby the government for their preferred choice to be appointed, rather than taking to the streets to protest.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ondo Youths Reject Igbo Politician As Council Caretaker, Storm Street To Protest by seunmsg(m): 10:11am On Aug 24, 2023
What nonsense is this? The Acting governor must be warned seriously not to try this nonsense. It’s even crazy that they are considering this kind of provocative appointment.

220 Likes 26 Shares

Re: Ondo Youths Reject Igbo Politician As Council Caretaker, Storm Street To Protest by Pakute: 10:15am On Aug 24, 2023
You see, Akeredolu's wife too dey overdo, she don turn Govt Sectariat into ibo quarters, people don complain tire.. Upon say Imo people carry cane flog her comot as she wan try contest as senator, yet she still dey carry her people come dey impose dem for ondo state..na wa!.
Make Ondo people fight for their right, wetin ibos dey do, no be today, Ahmadu Bello don talk am tey tey.

246 Likes 29 Shares

Re: Ondo Youths Reject Igbo Politician As Council Caretaker, Storm Street To Protest by JaneYave(f): 10:18am On Aug 24, 2023
Many may not understand how things are settled politically. They just see the end result

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Ondo Youths Reject Igbo Politician As Council Caretaker, Storm Street To Protest by LZAA: 10:18am On Aug 24, 2023
Same people were jumping and laughing when ladi akerelodu was made head of ESBS
call them tribalists now they will say it's bullying
Smh

18 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Ondo Youths Reject Igbo Politician As Council Caretaker, Storm Street To Protest by Kalakulu: 10:22am On Aug 24, 2023
Na the few stupid Igbo women wey dey marry Yaribaa I blame sha, if the GRV haven't taught this senseless women a lesson, then it's pointless drumming it into their skulls to stop disgracing themselves. I think it's time Igbo communities across the entire SE start ostracizing and banning families who allow their daughters or sons marry yorubaas, when there are far better tribes in the South South they can marry from if they have to go inter-tribal.

131 Likes 25 Shares

Re: Ondo Youths Reject Igbo Politician As Council Caretaker, Storm Street To Protest by Brimstone77: 10:22am On Aug 24, 2023

Ndi liberal and accommodators..

They forgot that governor of enugu state appointed their son as his chief of media..

Tribal hypocrites...

139 Likes 18 Shares

Re: Ondo Youths Reject Igbo Politician As Council Caretaker, Storm Street To Protest by accordadoga25(f): 10:22am On Aug 24, 2023
Good..

They cannot be trusted.

Trust okòrøs at your own risk.

Before you know it they will start claiming Ondo is no man's land.

I trust the people of Ondo to start flogging them with pankere like they did in Akure. Koboko will be too hard on them

We won't kill them. We are not cannibals in the SW.

Ondo is not Lagos. SW belongs to us

326 Likes 34 Shares

Re: Ondo Youths Reject Igbo Politician As Council Caretaker, Storm Street To Protest by proeast(m): 10:23am On Aug 24, 2023
The most tribalistic set of people in the world!!!

Their tribalism is currently destroying Nigeria yet they've refused to learn.

Spits!

117 Likes 21 Shares

Re: Ondo Youths Reject Igbo Politician As Council Caretaker, Storm Street To Protest by Racoon(m): 10:25am On Aug 24, 2023
Betty Akeredolu should better respect herself and back down from this idiocy. Seunmsg the hypocrite-see as you and your accomodators brethren are fuming?

When Tinubu denounced one Nigeria and rejected restructuring in every ramifications, you lots hailed him. See the where his balabloo-blu-bulavism have landed the nation.

31 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Ondo Youths Reject Igbo Politician As Council Caretaker, Storm Street To Protest by proeast(m): 10:26am On Aug 24, 2023
Flathead8:
I totally support this, if a common security guard can't be Yoruba in SE, I see no reason why Ibo should be elected

A Yoruba man is currently employed by governor of Enugu state to head a major agency in the state! Nobody in the state complained because he is Yoruba!

Because of tribalism, you guys supported Tinubu to be president. No sane country will ever support such a disgusting character to be its president but yorubas supported him to rule Nigeria.

Igbos are not primitively minded like you guys. This is so shameful.

Spits!

168 Likes 28 Shares

Re: Ondo Youths Reject Igbo Politician As Council Caretaker, Storm Street To Protest by Chibuzoc(m): 10:28am On Aug 24, 2023
Just watch how the ronu nazist would tag the great Igbo nation to there madness

24 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Ondo Youths Reject Igbo Politician As Council Caretaker, Storm Street To Protest by Racoon(m): 10:29am On Aug 24, 2023
proeast:
A Yoruba man is currently employed by governor of Enugu state to head a major agency in the state! Nobody in the state complained because he is Yoruba!

Because of tribalism, you guys supported Tinubu to be president. No sane country will ever support such a disgusting character to be its president but yorubas supported him to rule Nigeria. Igbos are not primitively minded like you guys. This is so shameful. .Spits!
Well said sir. I guess that guy from Channels TV now heading ESBS @ Independence Layout Enugu. That is competency eschewing tribalism but see as that zombie was already fuming.

@ Bolded, thank you. We in alaigbo don't do this shitty sophisticated tribal characteristic of the SW. Imagine an Orji Uzor Kalu contesting for President. Of course you don't expect me ezigbo nwafor Igbo to vote the criminal. Give me Akinwumi Adesina( AFCB President ) and see me galvanise alaigbo for him. I did it with MKO Abiola in 1993.

96 Likes 11 Shares

Re: Ondo Youths Reject Igbo Politician As Council Caretaker, Storm Street To Protest by ISLAMBAD: 10:29am On Aug 24, 2023
Racoon:
Betty Akeredolu should better respect herself and back down from this idiocy. Seunmsg the hypocrite-see as you and your accomodators brethren are fuming?

When Tinubu denounced one Nigeria and rejected restructuring in every ramifications, you lots hailed him. See the where his balabloo-blu-bulavism have landed the nation.

3 Likes

Re: Ondo Youths Reject Igbo Politician As Council Caretaker, Storm Street To Protest by Clickairtravels: 10:30am On Aug 24, 2023
Very tribalistic lot go to EU and Western world you will hear them shouting discrimination while na them hate pass.
Igbos are Nigeria senior brother love him or hate him.

68 Likes 11 Shares

Re: Ondo Youths Reject Igbo Politician As Council Caretaker, Storm Street To Protest by PlayerMeji: 10:32am On Aug 24, 2023
Good one...

Let her go to her village!

16 Likes

Re: Ondo Youths Reject Igbo Politician As Council Caretaker, Storm Street To Protest by cursedAbiola(f): 10:33am On Aug 24, 2023
LZAA:
Same people were jumping and laughing when ladi akerelodu was made head of ESBS
call them tribalists now they will say it's bullying
Smh
the scourge of helinues

12 Likes

Re: Ondo Youths Reject Igbo Politician As Council Caretaker, Storm Street To Protest by PlayerMeji: 10:34am On Aug 24, 2023
How many people from other states have been made commissioners in your NON TRIBALISTIC states...

Liars and Hypocrites ..

Always lying about the other tribes what you are really guilty of,...

Clickairtravels:
Very tribalistic lot go to EU and Western world you will hear them shouting discrimination while na them hate pass.

264 Likes 17 Shares

Re: Ondo Youths Reject Igbo Politician As Council Caretaker, Storm Street To Protest by proeast(m): 10:41am On Aug 24, 2023
Racoon:
Well said sir. I guess that guy from Channels TV now heading ESBS @ Independence Layout Enugu. That is competency eschewing tribalism but see as that zombie was already fuming.

@ Bolded, thank you. We in alaigbo don't do this shitty sophisticated tribal characteristic of the SW. Imagine an Orji Uzor Kalu contesting for President. Of course you don't expect me ezigbo nwafor Igbo to vote the criminal. Give me Akinwumi Adesina( AFCB President ) and see me galvanise alaigbo for him. I did it with MKO Abiola in 1993.

Another Yoruba man won a major election to represent Umuahia people in Abia state. But these primitive people rejected GRV because his mother is Igbo?! They also attacked Igbos and other Nigerians that look like Igbos just to stop them from voting?!

God knows, this country would have been a much better place without these people.

Spits!

69 Likes 11 Shares

Re: Ondo Youths Reject Igbo Politician As Council Caretaker, Storm Street To Protest by Nobody: 10:41am On Aug 24, 2023
Clickairtravels:
Maybe if you had any respect for INDIGENOUS people anywhere. That’s why you kiss colonizer ass because you have the same horrible mindset. Meanwhile you won’t stay in you barren land

29 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Ondo Youths Reject Igbo Politician As Council Caretaker, Storm Street To Protest by Nobody: 10:45am On Aug 24, 2023
proeast:

Another Yoruba man won a major election to represent Umuahia people in Abia state. But these primitive people rejected GRV because his mother is Igbo?! They also attacked Igbos and other Nigerians that look like Igbos just to stop them from voting?!

God knows, this country would have been a much better place without these people.

Spits!

27 Likes 9 Shares

Re: Ondo Youths Reject Igbo Politician As Council Caretaker, Storm Street To Protest by Occurstaem(m): 10:50am On Aug 24, 2023
The protest is all about not imposing outsiders on them having condone such for the past years.
But these 0sus are calling us tribalists. 0su want the status quo to remain. What they can't tolerate is what they want Yoruba to accept.

Never

56 Likes 8 Shares

Re: Ondo Youths Reject Igbo Politician As Council Caretaker, Storm Street To Protest by Nobody: 10:51am On Aug 24, 2023
Tribalism will be the end of most nigerians

3 Likes

Re: Ondo Youths Reject Igbo Politician As Council Caretaker, Storm Street To Protest by LZAA: 10:57am On Aug 24, 2023
cursedAbiola:
the scourge of helinues
😄😄😄👍

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Ondo Youths Reject Igbo Politician As Council Caretaker, Storm Street To Protest by Whois(m): 11:08am On Aug 24, 2023
One Nigeria is a scam. Know this and know peace

14 Likes

Re: Ondo Youths Reject Igbo Politician As Council Caretaker, Storm Street To Protest by Couldntfigurean: 11:16am On Aug 24, 2023
Let it be Igbo people protesting against a Yoruba,you already know what they(Propaganda tribe) will twist the issue to,I love this and it’s in my archive
Let them continue,we are watching

19 Likes 3 Shares

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (15) (Reply)

10 Steps To Recall A Senator In Nigeria: Senate President Performs Last Function / Ijaw, Itsekiri Communities At War Over Ogbe-Ijoh Market / Acting Police IG, Solomon Arase, Senior To Outgoing Police Boss, Suleiman Abba

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 68
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.