Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,369 members, 7,812,062 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 07:30 AM

My Experience on my First visit To Port Harcourt - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / My Experience on my First visit To Port Harcourt (3963 Views)

Man Calls On Chinese Govt. For Help After A Visit To Port Harcourt Airport / See Eleven (11) Things You Will Experience On Your Trip To Markudi, Nigeria / Nigeria Have Suffered (my Experience On A Visit To India). (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

My Experience on my First visit To Port Harcourt by felixchip(m): 8:34pm On Nov 29, 2015
I left as early as I could. Boarded a Bus. And we took off.
This was where the adventure began. Our bus driver stopped for five times. He had to refuel his car three times. And stopped twice to put water in the(I don't know) somewhere in the engine.

We got annoyed. But, you can't do a thing. And, he won't utter a word to anyone apart from "Get down let me put water".
We endured it. We arrived Ph. And, we got to the last bus stop before their park, and the driver asked if anyone would go down. Else, you'll have to wait till we arrived their garage. A lady went down. And there were few of us left. As the driver drove off and headed for their garage, this woman started shouting "Driver I want commot o". Trust the driver, he became deaf and dumb. And acted as if he didn't hear a thing.

She shouted and shouted. And, she started raining abuses on the driver. Still, the driver no talk anything. She continued abusing and shouting at the Driver until we arrived Peace Park, PH. Safely. And tiredly(does that word exist?).

Fast forward.

After the event that took me to PH, I needed a place to crash for the night and also close to the garage so that I can easily get a morning bus. And, somewhere cheap. You know say ground no level.. Hotels.ng and Google map came handy.

1 Like

Re: My Experience on my First visit To Port Harcourt by greatmarshall(m): 8:44pm On Nov 29, 2015
Hmm
Re: My Experience on my First visit To Port Harcourt by felixchip(m): 8:45pm On Nov 29, 2015
I found a cheap Hotel around via Hotel.ng and took a ride to the place. I was surprised. It was not along the road so I took out my phone, opened Google map, looked up the Hotel and walked to the place.

The photo on Hotels.ng was better. It's the same but, I guess the photo was taken a while ago. I proceeded to the reception. The reception was empty. No sign of anybody apart from some voices coming from the Bar. Huh? Where does that happen? Ok. I shouted "who dey here o!". And a big guy arguing in the bar few steps away signaled me to come. He was in a BIG singlet Like Rick Ross's. I threaded with caution. I got to him. He asked what I wanted. And, I told him I needed a room for the night.

He looked at me like "you? Need a room? As you small reach?". He said that there's just one room left and it's around the back. But, that his engineer has the Key. His engineer? He may be the owner of the Hotel. . And, so I should go around the back and wait. I haff tire and no get time to talk yeye talk. I walked to the backyard. And, behold, a mini bar. There were men playing board game, drinking, dancing. And, these two girls on a bottle of "I don't know". I walked to the girls' table and without asking, joined them. They didn't bother either. I sat there. Tired. Hungry. And, I needed take a cold bath.

As I was still waiting for the Engineer, one yeye person just waka pass begin ask the girls whether dem don greet their new guest. Wetin concern you so? Na im one of the girls stand up o. Na then I know say na classic olosho dem be. Fine babes wey dey find customers. Me, I set gan. She said "Hi". Me sef reply am quick quick. But, stylishly. Shebi you want play? Me na captain.
Re: My Experience on my First visit To Port Harcourt by felixchip(m): 8:57pm On Nov 29, 2015
The dress she's wearing 's shorter than my singlet. She bent a bit and rested herself on the arms of the chair I was seating on. Making her face less than an inch away from mine. She stared me in the face and asked "you want to have fun?". Fun? What kinda fun I asked. And, please, can you move your face so I can breathe. As expected, she moved a bit. And continued, fun like... you know. You ain't a kid.

I gave her a grin. Well, I understand. But, I ain't here for fun. I already had fun someplace, and, I'm here to rest my head. If you wouldn't mind, I'd like you to take your seat back. She looked disappointed. Shuo! I never even arrive PH finish. She walked out. To the front. I smiled. Then, her second looked at me for a while. Sighed. And walked away too. See me see wahala.

Few minutes later, the Engineer arrived. And showed me the room. It's cozy. And cool. I paid.
Na im the Engineer say dem keep fuel for there say fuel dey scarce so dem come buy those ones for use.
Fuel? For my room? Abeg carry am commot quick quick! The man begin beg. Later im come carry 'em commot.

I took a deep breathe. Lie down for bed small come go pour water for body.
Immediately I stepped outta the shower, there came this knock on the door. I checked, and it's one of the girls. She said she thought it's a lady that's in the room. I said "No babe dey here". Abi I look like woman!? She no waste time commot.
I cleaned up and had to get something to eat. I stepped out and talked to a lady whom I saw serving some dude earlier. She said that what's left was swallow.

Rat dey refuse fish? That was what I needed then. She asked if I prefer to have it in my room or right there. I asked her to serve me there. And, this same girl that knocked on my door was seated right across and was supposedly chatting on her cell phone. And, she kept stealing a look. I no send you o. The girl arrived with my food.
O boy! I swear! That food go make you promise person private jet. E sweet die.

I got down to it. And, this babe kept looking at me. Na me you dey find abi? Tell them say you no see me. I changed position and backed her immediately. No carry devil play o. As I chop finish, I called the waiter and paid immediately. This girl still dey look me. Holy Ghost come o. Dem don show. I grabbed my bottle water and walked gently(fear don catch me but, I no gree make e show) to my room. Locked my door well well. And waited for a while. Maybe she may come again. After a while and I didn't hear a thing. I took a deep breath. Did a few things on my lappy and found myself awake by 5am. Took a shower. Dressed up. Handed the keys to them and headed for the garage. Got a bus. And, home I am. Thank God o! No be small matter at all.

5 Likes

Re: My Experience on my First visit To Port Harcourt by PresVA: 8:03am On Nov 30, 2015
Lol...ThankGod you were able to resist the temptation. . You gat some self control. smiley

1 Like

Re: My Experience on my First visit To Port Harcourt by felixchip(m): 8:12am On Nov 30, 2015
PresVA:
Lol...ThankGod you were able to resist the temptation. . You gat some self control. smiley

Seriously, it was a very difficult one.
But, na God.
Re: My Experience on my First visit To Port Harcourt by blessedapple: 4:23pm On Nov 30, 2015
grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: My Experience on my First visit To Port Harcourt by felixchip(m): 9:44pm On Nov 30, 2015
blessedapple:
grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

No be laughing matter o!
Though, after everything, and, I was remembering it, it was a bit funny.

But, as of then, e no funny at all at all.
Re: My Experience on my First visit To Port Harcourt by Teeboy22(m): 11:35pm On Nov 30, 2015
cheesy
Re: My Experience on my First visit To Port Harcourt by fejikudz(m): 11:53am On Dec 01, 2015
LOL you get luck
Re: My Experience on my First visit To Port Harcourt by felixchip(m): 12:56pm On Dec 01, 2015
fejikudz:
LOL you get luck

Get luck as in?
Re: My Experience on my First visit To Port Harcourt by blessedapple: 2:20pm On Dec 01, 2015
felixchip:

No be laughing matter o!
Though, after everything, and, I was remembering it, it was a bit funny.

But, as of then, e no funny at all at all.

Bros, please u are cracking my ribs the more.
grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: My Experience on my First visit To Port Harcourt by blessedapple: 2:22pm On Dec 01, 2015
I am foreseeing you using same place in your next visit to PH cheesy
Re: My Experience on my First visit To Port Harcourt by felixchip(m): 2:31pm On Dec 01, 2015
blessedapple:
I am foreseeing you using same place in your next visit to PH cheesy

Lol. Well, on my next visit, I'm staying with a friend.
And, if for any reason I'll have to use a Hotel, e no go be that one o!
Re: My Experience on my First visit To Port Harcourt by blessedapple: 2:57pm On Dec 01, 2015
felixchip:

grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
Somebody must be a funny person here.
Re: My Experience on my First visit To Port Harcourt by felixchip(m): 6:37pm On Dec 01, 2015
blessedapple:

grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
Somebody must be a funny person here.

I no know for that one o!
Re: My Experience on my First visit To Port Harcourt by blessedapple: 11:00am On Dec 02, 2015
felixchip:

I no know for that one o!

Don't worry. When the time reach, we will know. grin
Re: My Experience on my First visit To Port Harcourt by Originalsly: 11:22am On Dec 02, 2015
Did you see any other guest?.....and are you sure that was really a hotel?...to me is more like a ehmmm.... you know what. Nice write up!
Re: My Experience on my First visit To Port Harcourt by Teeboy22(m): 1:53pm On Dec 02, 2015
felixchip:

IFFA HEAR say u no go go dat hotel hahaha,D ,D grin
Re: My Experience on my First visit To Port Harcourt by felixchip(m): 1:54pm On Dec 02, 2015
Originalsly:
Did you see any other guest?.....and are you sure that was really a hotel?...to me is more like a ehmmm.... you know what. Nice write up!

Well, the room at the back, just like the owner said.
But, I needed a place that's close to the garage 'cause I needed to get the first bus to my destination.

But, the structure is that of a Guest house. And, I suppose some of the people I met at the bar were guests 'cause they remained there till around 12 am discussing. In their singles and pants.

Thank you. I'm not used to writing this much.
Re: My Experience on my First visit To Port Harcourt by felixchip(m): 1:55pm On Dec 02, 2015
blessedapple:

Don't worry. When the time reach, we will know. grin

You sef. Na you wey dey funny. No be me.
Re: My Experience on my First visit To Port Harcourt by felixchip(m): 1:57pm On Dec 02, 2015
Teeboy22:

IFFA HEAR say u no go go dat hotel hahaha,D ,D grin

Na charm dem carry hold me wey go make me go back for there? I no like the whole scenario.

But, I fit.... cool
Re: My Experience on my First visit To Port Harcourt by Originalsly: 3:12pm On Dec 02, 2015
felixchip:

Well, the room at the back, just like the owner said.
But, I needed a place that's close to the garage 'cause I needed to get the first bus to my destination.

But, the structure is that of a Guest house. And, I suppose some of the people I met at the bar were guests 'cause they remained there till around 12 am discussing. In their singles and pants.

Thank you. I'm not used to writing this much.
lol...lovely guests! ... but you sure did manage very well!...you and your ehmmm...adventure! Funny.
Re: My Experience on my First visit To Port Harcourt by Teeboy22(m): 3:43pm On Dec 02, 2015
felixchip:

Na charm dem carry hold me wey go make me go back for there? I no like the whole scenario.

But, I fit.... cool

smiles..naso

buh if na some guys ehn

dem no dey dull o
Re: My Experience on my First visit To Port Harcourt by felixchip(m): 7:30pm On Dec 02, 2015
Originalsly:
lol...lovely guests! ... but you sure did manage very well!...you and your ehmmm...adventure! Funny.

Um.. I'll say I did my best. And, to be frank, it was funny. After everything had happened. But, as of then, I no know how I go take talk am.

Make we leave am.
Re: My Experience on my First visit To Port Harcourt by felixchip(m): 7:32pm On Dec 02, 2015
Teeboy22:

smiles..naso

buh if na some guys ehn

dem no dey dull o

Well, it depends on your definition of "Dull".
Re: My Experience on my First visit To Port Harcourt by blessedapple: 10:08am On Dec 03, 2015
felixchip:

You sef. Na you wey dey funny. No be me.

Baba Salaye
Salaye fua
Re: My Experience on my First visit To Port Harcourt by Nobody: 11:50pm On Dec 03, 2015
U reach Garden City(PH) for night.. U comot from garden city 4 morning.. Bros so u just leave ur state come book hotel for ph and go bak to ur state..
Re: My Experience on my First visit To Port Harcourt by felixchip(m): 3:03pm On Dec 04, 2015
fighal:
U reach Garden City(PH) for night.. U comot from garden city 4 morning.. Bros so u just leave ur state come book hotel for ph and go bak to ur state..

I no reach PH for night.
I went for an event. #StartupSouth.

Then, got a place to stay for the night, and left in the morning.
Re: My Experience on my First visit To Port Harcourt by LogTM: 10:25am On Jun 01, 2020
felixchip:

I no reach PH for night.
I went for an event. #StartupSouth.

Then, got a place to stay for the night, and left in the morning.
I guess you are into tech. What has changed since your last visit to ph.

Are you now working?Own a startup?
Re: My Experience on my First visit To Port Harcourt by Juoflife1(f): 4:25pm On Jun 01, 2020
Lol
Re: My Experience on my First visit To Port Harcourt by osinawanta(m): 4:42pm On Jun 01, 2020
Funny you,tell us the name of the hotel and area in pH

(1) (2) (Reply)

Suggest A Country For Me To Travel To Work / Yellow Card Centres In Ibadan Search / Will You Rather Get Another African Country Passport

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.