Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,113 members, 7,818,320 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 12:34 PM

Fashola Commissions 1,200 Cabs. Pictures - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Fashola Commissions 1,200 Cabs. Pictures (14460 Views)

Fashola Commissions Jebba Hydro Power Plant In Niger State (photos) / Fashola Commissions Peninsula Integrated Power Project. . PICS... / Fashola Commissions 100 New Air-Conditioned Buses At Oshodi - PICS (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Fashola Commissions 1,200 Cabs. Pictures by AjaraEwuro: 5:02pm On May 28, 2009
goshen360:

My people, i know there will come a day that we will all realise that, developed countries initiate project based on the needs of the people. Nigeria of today does not need this kind of project especially Lagos. This kind of project will neva be affordable for the average man of lagos state. Where people cannot afford in some cases to pay for public transportation we are initiating personalized project such as this, it wont help the poor but only the rich, imagine the cost of boarding a cab compared to taking a public transport. Same is applicable here in New york where i reside, its cheaper to commute on train than to commute on cab.

What am saying in a naught shell is, the govt would have taken time to develop the public transport system rather than this kind of project. The lagos state had tried this kind of project many times in partnership with private company and it has not improved the situations of the poor people.

Lets ruminate again please.

You make me laugh. When last have you been in Lagos?

Honestly, you make no sense. You need to wipe your butt hole with sand paper and then use it to wipe your tongue after which you will now use the sand paper to wipe your face and then roll it together and swallow it, then come back here to make contributions.
Re: Fashola Commissions 1,200 Cabs. Pictures by AjaraEwuro: 5:02pm On May 28, 2009
Re: Fashola Commissions 1,200 Cabs. Pictures by mustafar1: 5:05pm On May 28, 2009
goshen360:

My people, i know there will come a day that we will all realise that, developed countries initiate project based on the needs of the people. Nigeria of today does not need this kind of project especially Lagos. This kind of project will neva be affordable for the average man of lagos state. Where people cannot afford in some cases to pay for public transportation we are initiating personalized project such as this, it wont help the poor but only the rich, imagine the cost of boarding a cab compared to taking a public transport. Same is applicable here in New york where i reside, its cheaper to commute on train than to commute on cab.

What am saying in a naught shell is, the govt would have taken time to develop the public transport system rather than this kind of project. The lagos state had tried this kind of project many times in partnership with private company and it has not improved the situations of the poor people.

Lets ruminate again please.

i understand your point, but even in New york. its not everywhere trains or public transport gets u to.
Re: Fashola Commissions 1,200 Cabs. Pictures by mustafar1: 5:06pm On May 28, 2009
AjaraEwuro:

https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-277261.32.html#msg3940963

double topics make me mad.

Oga, no be this thread link you post so? grin grin grin
Re: Fashola Commissions 1,200 Cabs. Pictures by SamMilla1(m): 5:07pm On May 28, 2009
i like them cars, and the concept as well, its gonna make lagos safer
Re: Fashola Commissions 1,200 Cabs. Pictures by biina: 5:10pm On May 28, 2009
@AjaraEwuro
You are yet to respond to my post
Re: Fashola Commissions 1,200 Cabs. Pictures by Goshen360(m): 5:11pm On May 28, 2009
must_a_far:

i understand your point, but even in New york. its not everywhere trains or public transport gets u to.

Its true that its not everywhere that train gets to but the cabs are supplimentary to the main public transport system, the train. Am not saying compulsorily the govt should bring in trains. All am saying is other measures of public transport should be made available cos my believe is that this new project is good but might not be affordable by the poor who need the public transportation the most but will rather benefit the rich.

AjaraEwuro:

You make me laugh. When last have you been in Lagos?

Honestly, you make no sense. You need to wipe your butt hole with sand paper and then use it to wipe your tongue after which you will now use the sand paper to wipe your face and then roll it together and swallow it, then come back here to make contributions.

You have not made any sense in your contributions either, make you point clear to the public.
Re: Fashola Commissions 1,200 Cabs. Pictures by TheOne2(m): 5:18pm On May 28, 2009
I do not see why some people see this as a waste. The truth is, most of those taxis are actually funded by private individuals through those comepanies. I got an offer from one of those companies to buy a car (part payment) and then the proceeds will be used to service the remainder of the loan, pay the company (driver, management fees etc.) and then my returns. Based on their forecasts it looked like a good investment. I did not take it up because they were only able to provide verbal guarantees of a minimum return per month. I wanted the guarantee on paper but it seems they wanted me to participate in the risk 100% which I wasn't comfortable with.

Overall, it's a good step as you can stay in your house and call a taxi if you need one. That shouldn't be the preserve of the people living in the west alone or are we sub-human here?
Re: Fashola Commissions 1,200 Cabs. Pictures by shanpe: 5:19pm On May 28, 2009
fashola is an Embodiment of good governance, our leaders should pls learn from him
Re: Fashola Commissions 1,200 Cabs. Pictures by mustafar1: 5:21pm On May 28, 2009
goshen360:

Its true that its not everywhere that train gets to but the cabs are supplimentary to the main public transport system, the train. Am not saying compulsorily the govt should bring in trains. All am saying is other measures of public transport should be made available cos my believe is that this new project is good but might not be affordable by the poor who need the public transportation the most but will rather benefit the rich.

You have not made any sense in your contributions either, make you point clear to the public.

lagos is currently working on a light rail/surface rail project. as time goes on i see it all coming together to form something more effective. as i would expect that the rail system would be expanded sooner than expected.
Re: Fashola Commissions 1,200 Cabs. Pictures by Goshen360(m): 5:22pm On May 28, 2009
I am not saying its a waste, its a good project for the Lagosians but u see what am saying, for you as an individual to procure the taxi and other things attached to it is becoming difficult now. Very soon u will start seeing the rich pple getting this cabs and start subletting it to other and complicating the project making life unbearable for the poor.
Re: Fashola Commissions 1,200 Cabs. Pictures by ironrod(f): 5:24pm On May 28, 2009
must_a_far:

lagos is currently working on a light rail/surface rail project. as time goes on i see it all coming together to form something more effective. as i would expect that the rail system would be expanded sooner than expected.
        True that!
publicly owned or privately funded, the e-taxis are a plus!
Re: Fashola Commissions 1,200 Cabs. Pictures by Goshen360(m): 5:26pm On May 28, 2009
must_a_far:

This will be the best thing to the people of lagos state cos i see a CHANGE to the people of lagos with Fashola administration. Please, help me pass this message to the state governor that I commend his effort.
Re: Fashola Commissions 1,200 Cabs. Pictures by biina: 5:29pm On May 28, 2009
I don't think it is a waste, but we must make sure that the sector, and the associated market, evolve in the right direction.
The sector needs to improve in various ways (including getting rid of the civilian and uniformed agberos), but at each phase, there should be a means of transport available to every income level.
Re: Fashola Commissions 1,200 Cabs. Pictures by AjaraEwuro: 5:30pm On May 28, 2009
like i always say - nothing you do in Nigeria is good - anything you do in Nigeria is termed a waste - what a country.
Re: Fashola Commissions 1,200 Cabs. Pictures by mustafar1: 5:30pm On May 28, 2009
goshen360:

I am not saying its a waste, its a good project for the Lagosians but u see what am saying, for you as an individual to procure the taxi and other things attached to it is becoming difficult now. Very soon u will start seeing the rich pple getting this cabs and start subletting it to other and complicating the project making life unbearable for the poor.

subletting? and what is wrong with that. although i dont see that happening because with the understanding of how this is setup. there are requirements for getting licensed, theres a minimum number of cabs needed per fleet, yes an individual can apply for a license if he can meet the requirements. and he wont be subletting it, instead he runs it the way a cab company would and should be run. e.g. have as many locations as he can afford to make his reach wider, have a dispatcher(s), multiple drivers per vehicle if he decides to run it 24/7 ,and he employs people to do all those. u get the idea.
Re: Fashola Commissions 1,200 Cabs. Pictures by Eziachi: 5:31pm On May 28, 2009
DRANOEL:

fashola is trying no doubt,but we should try and get information straight before copying and pasting,fashola only commissioned tha cars,the initiative was actually a union bank thing (they invited fashola the same way they would have invited yar'adua),secondly they were 200 cars and not 1200!

Thanks for this information before praise singers goes riot. If not, I was about to ask if Nigeria is a communist state that govt should get involve buying and operating taxi business?
But your information had cleared things up.  
Because I had always said that many Nigeria rulers even when they had the best of intentions doesn't always know what the role of a govt is in the 21st century economy. That rogue called Peter Odilli ran a cab business too for Rivers state govt and where are those cars today? DISAPPEARED!!!

Govt job is to provide social and infratructral amenities for people to bring out their best and some of those things including operating cab, buses or coach businesses, hence creating jobs, that is why in Nigeria, govts are the biggest employers of labour and as a result, too much unemployment in the land.
Business belong to the private hands and not the govt.
Re: Fashola Commissions 1,200 Cabs. Pictures by AjaraEwuro: 5:31pm On May 28, 2009
goshen360:

what r u saying Goshen? be careful because you dont know what you are saying.
Re: Fashola Commissions 1,200 Cabs. Pictures by mustafar1: 5:32pm On May 28, 2009
goshen360:

This will be the best thing to the people of lagos state cos i see a CHANGE to the people of lagos with Fashola administration. [size=16pt]Please, help me pass this message to the state governor that I commend his effort[/size].

i can do that for a service fee. grin i know how to get to him if i want to.
Re: Fashola Commissions 1,200 Cabs. Pictures by AjaraEwuro: 5:33pm On May 28, 2009
Goshen doesnt like anything good in Nigeria.
Re: Fashola Commissions 1,200 Cabs. Pictures by AjaraEwuro: 5:34pm On May 28, 2009
must_a_far:

i can do that for a service fee. grin i know how to get to him if i want to.

me too - my guy - when we go to tell him how is dog is doing!
Re: Fashola Commissions 1,200 Cabs. Pictures by Eziachi: 5:51pm On May 28, 2009
The One:

I do not see why some people see this as a waste. The truth is, most of those taxis are actually funded by private individuals through those comepanies. I got an offer from one of those companies to buy a car (part payment) and then the proceeds will be used to service the remainder of the loan, pay the company (driver, management fees etc.) and then my returns. Based on their forecasts it looked like a good investment. I did not take it up because they were only able to provide verbal guarantees of a minimum return per month. I wanted the guarantee on paper but it seems they wanted me to participate in the risk 100% which I wasn't comfortable with.

Overall, it's a good step as you can stay in your house and call a taxi if you need one. That shouldn't be the preserve of the people living in the west alone or are we sub-human here?

It sounds like hire purchase to me. If that is the case, how can any serious business person or firm invite you to fund a loan of such magnitude by Nigerian standard when Nigerian do not have data or credit record of anybody and people move about like animal without a registered fixed address?

You are sub-human over there because 50 years after independence and in the 21st century, Nigeria still do not have a recognised zip or postcode. So if there are six Adelabu streets in Orile for instance, how will a cab driver knew which one he had been called to? Just asking!
Re: Fashola Commissions 1,200 Cabs. Pictures by MrCrackles(m): 5:53pm On May 28, 2009
AjaraEwuro:

This just shows what we are saying - these are not the first set of cabs - they have been in existence since over a year now, my compnay consults for one of them, and the cars are still as they should be. Why not take a trip to Lagos and see?

Just as usual - some people just find it necessary to criticise whatever it is done in Nigeria.

I dont know what you are waffling about!

Must i take a trip to Lagos to see how reckless some Nigerians drive or to see how pathetic our roads are?

It is common sense, Ajara!

Reckless driving by some senseless Nigerians plus the state of our roads will take its toll on the cars!

I will be surprised if after 6-12 months, 50 from the pool of brand new cars, stay scratch free or dent free not to talk of worse situations! grin

I am happy with the initiative so dont get me wrong, but are we civilized to manage such a change?

I was in Naija last year, and i saw the fleet of cabs around, i was dissapointed to be honest at the state of cars which were 1-2yrs old!

LAGBUS and CITI CABS are prime examples, go and bring us back pictures of those cars which are about 1-3yrs old, and let me see a neat one!
Re: Fashola Commissions 1,200 Cabs. Pictures by MrCrackles(m): 5:54pm On May 28, 2009
Eziachi:

It sounds like hire purchase to me. If that is the case, how can any serious business person or firm invite you to fund a loan of such magnitude by Nigerian standard when Nigerian do not have data or credit record of anybody and people move about like animal without a registered fixed address?

You are sub-human over there because 50 years after independence and in the 21st century, Nigeria still do not have a recognised zip or postcode. So if there are six Adelabu streets in Orile for instance, how will a cab driver knew which one he had been called to? Just asking!

Lolz! cheesy grin
Re: Fashola Commissions 1,200 Cabs. Pictures by temilola12(f): 6:24pm On May 28, 2009
Wao! I am really impressed with the new development in the state of Lagos. Kudos to Fashola and all parties/people involved in achieving this goal. We need more of people of this caliber like this man in our country and let's see if things won't get better. God Bless Nigeria.
Re: Fashola Commissions 1,200 Cabs. Pictures by v3: 6:46pm On May 28, 2009
To be candid, Fash is REALLY doing an INCREDIBLE job. . . a couple of years back, ABSOLUTELY NO ONE woulda seen this happening, but today. . . To God be the glory.
I thank God for men like him, not thinking about themselves, but the masses. . . If he decides to vie for the number 1 seat in Nigeria. . . I'm sure the whole of Lagos would get his vote of confidence.

@Poster, i juz saw a jeep to be used as a taxi. . . .LAMS & LMAO. . .That really is kewl

UP FASH. . . . Eko O ni Baje
Re: Fashola Commissions 1,200 Cabs. Pictures by init4dmoni(m): 7:22pm On May 28, 2009
fashola 4 president!!!!!!!!!!!! grin
ofcourse thst is after 2 succesfull terms as governor
Re: Fashola Commissions 1,200 Cabs. Pictures by Redman44(m): 8:47pm On May 28, 2009
Governor Fashola rocks. I'm deeply impressed by what he has achieved so far. He has good intentions for the people of Lagos and Nigerians in general. He is a man of destiny and I think he is set to do more for Lagos State. However, those calling for him to be President in the future should be cautious. It might not be God's plan for him to make it to Aso Rock. BRF could be the forerunner for the man or woman that will take Nigeria to the promised land. He has already made a huge print in the sands of time. That young man or woman that will be the President who will transform Nigeria is probably watching Fashola now and feeling inspired.

What I'm trying to say is that Nigerian youths and Children need more good role models like Fashola. We need to start drumming it into the ears of our teenagers and kids that they can decide to be different even in a corrupt country like Nigeria. Fashola has decided to add value to the lives of Nigerians with the small resources at his disposal. The action governor has also warned his admirers not to congratulate him on the pages of newspapers and on the TV. We need humble leaders in Nigeria. Fashola is a solid role model in Politics, Samson Siasia is a great role model in Sports, Reuben Abati remains a good Media role model and also the conscience of the nation. Fellow Nairalanders, are you good role models in your small spheres of influence? Cheers.
Re: Fashola Commissions 1,200 Cabs. Pictures by joselekas(m): 8:52pm On May 28, 2009
This guy i m sure is not a typical nigeria politician. He has set the pace let others follow.
Re: Fashola Commissions 1,200 Cabs. Pictures by wale02(m): 9:19pm On May 28, 2009
Fashola has prove himself a responsive to the people needs, if all Gov emulate this Nigeria would be great, KUDO to the Man of the people smiley
Re: Fashola Commissions 1,200 Cabs. Pictures by bawomolo(m): 10:02pm On May 28, 2009

come on now, there are like a million cottage grove's in chicago.

Just tell them Adelabu street with the big mosque or redeem church cheesy
Re: Fashola Commissions 1,200 Cabs. Pictures by mustafar1: 10:07pm On May 28, 2009
bawomolo:

come on now, there are like a million cottage grove's in chicago.

Just tell them Adelabu street with the big mosque or redeem church cheesy

all five and half adelabu streets i know have both the aforementioned. how i go take differentiate? grin grin thats why i wonder how people with sat nav fitted cars enjoy their cars to its highest in nigeria. i think they owners of such should get a discount or something.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Must See! APC Soap Campaign Strategy. / ISIS Executes Syrian Army Soldier By Heavy Tank / GRAPHIC / Rivers Rerun: Inec Has Handed Over Original Result Sheets To Ameachi Says Wike.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 67
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.