Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,128 members, 7,818,384 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 02:05 PM

Fashola Commissions 1,200 Cabs. Pictures - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Fashola Commissions 1,200 Cabs. Pictures (14461 Views)

Fashola Commissions Jebba Hydro Power Plant In Niger State (photos) / Fashola Commissions Peninsula Integrated Power Project. . PICS... / Fashola Commissions 100 New Air-Conditioned Buses At Oshodi - PICS (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Fashola Commissions 1,200 Cabs. Pictures by horny4u(f): 12:27pm On May 29, 2009
grin ;DProudly9ja thats the language of lagos, everytime i get to 9ja i make sure to learn some more, i find it fascinating!
Re: Fashola Commissions 1,200 Cabs. Pictures by UyiIredia(m): 12:29pm On May 29, 2009
abeg >>> how much transport cost 4 those taxis them !!!! grin grin grin grin
Re: Fashola Commissions 1,200 Cabs. Pictures by moneygurl: 1:18pm On May 29, 2009
Nasoweseam:

Thanks Mr. Sagamite. I am impressed that He is one of the few that have the interest of our people at heart and putting the People and the State First. Such gesture will have my support and I admire his willingness to set himself and his administration apart.
However, my point about the process of selecting the few to participate in the business still falls short of growing our country.

Anyway, my reference to roads was beyond the Lagos metropolis and I wish to make that clear. I had one of the Frauds from my great Delta State in Chicago to address us in a conference and claimed that all our roads are in good conditions. Well I guess I am wrong and as such I will say Kudos to FASOLA for revamping Lagos.

However, I have problems with the selected big businesses and this is why; Big businesses/Companies wants to make profit and by doing so will monopolize the well intended purposes and intentions of the Governor. On the other hand, the program can be a little more inclusive of all willing participants who will be able to meet a sound policy that will guide the “Cab Program”. In real world, the best way to build a vibrant economic development is to have a program that is more inclusive rather than exclusive.

Again some of these companies do not share the same passion with the Good intention of helping the people. In other words, these guys do not see Social Responsibility as a moral duty to their community, and far too often, it derails to good and well thought out programs. Again thanks for your interesting take.

The program just started last year and so far over 5 companies have been created, so how is that turning to monopoly? If you read the articles posted you will see the Lagos taxi association is involvefd with the program. Maybe the reason why they want a minimum of 200 cabs, is because they want people who are serious to join the program, especially since in its infant stage.
Re: Fashola Commissions 1,200 Cabs. Pictures by Iranoladun(f): 1:21pm On May 29, 2009
@horny4u Are you sure you are not a westernized area boy? Rolmao!
Re: Fashola Commissions 1,200 Cabs. Pictures by mystikal(m): 1:30pm On May 29, 2009
tosh_acer:

I think some people just gets some buzz by finding nothing good in anything introduced in Nigeria, just like Ajara said, no matter what you do, a few Nigerians will find something to criticise it as if criticising it is the only way to make a success out of it? What I know is that, most of these people who criticise are actually sore that at least something good is being done in Nigeria, but in their mind, they just have to pull uit down by making iuuses out of nothing. It is realy a sad thing for you as a "Nigerian" to stay far far away and speak ill of what you havent experienced and to put it down as if the people who sat down to put the project on ground havent thought about such issues being raised, or, how can you think you are the brightest star out there who knows what will and what will not work in Nigeria? And by the time things works, you will be the first to rip out your eyes in annoyance that it works and fry it for breakfast.
Dont be mad with critics. They'll always be found in any sphere of life and in any society. we just might learn from their arguements, however silly, misguided and unreasonable some of them are.

Back 2 Topic, Fashola is worth commending. At least he looks like someone that had an idea of what he was coming 2 do, unlike some people with unfulfilled agendas and its 2 yrs already.(reminds u of anyone?)
Just wondering, what is the state of power generation in Las Gidi? Is he on it?
Re: Fashola Commissions 1,200 Cabs. Pictures by Ben13: 1:31pm On May 29, 2009
Fashola is the Best.
Re: Fashola Commissions 1,200 Cabs. Pictures by Backslider(m): 2:37pm On May 29, 2009
Every problem is a money making venture. If you want to be charitable after you have made your money that is a social and spiritual thing to do fair and well.

Now What Fashola needs to do is to raise the stakes by selling Licenses for the buses say in six months. i believe that the compnies would have made their money by then.

The taxis are for the upper and middle classes. The high point of movement of people is still by bus. You need to bring on the five operators to bid for licenses to operate with atleast 200 buses with ticketing systems.

You also need to license Road builders lets say ten to buy up road.

There job will be to

1) build roads

If company wants to build roads and a house is on the way legally it can compensate the owner of the house at a very cheaper rate. If it were the state government paying for this it would be more.

2) build bus and taxi stations

They will be responsible to build Extra terminus, bus and Taxi stations.
they will charge the bus companies and taxis a monthly fee

3) The maintainace of Road acessories, Traffic and street lights

If a company wants a put "aircondition" on a road so that people will use the road more and earn more money then so be it.

ADVANTAGE OF THE BUS OPERATORS
THE GREATEST CATCH WOULD BE WHEN THE BUS AND TAXI COMPANIES HAVE GROWN IN SIZE AND STATURE. THE STATE GOVERNMENT WOULD IMMEDIATELY OPEN BID FOR UNDER GROUND OR LIGHT RAIL LICENSE OPERATION. THE FACT IS THAT THESE FIVE COMPANIES IN A FEW YEARS WOULD HAVE THE FINANCIAL AND TECHINICAL KNOW TO HAVE CONFIDENCE TO INVEST IN RAIL.

ADVANTAGE OF THE ROAD OPERATORS
WITH THE ROAD BUILDERS YOU WILL SEE THAT YOU HAVE CREATED A MORE EFFICIENT COMPANY THAT KNOWS
1) BUILD ROADS AND BRIDGES AT A COMPETITIVE COST
2) MAINTAIN ROADS AND BRIDGES AT A COMPETITIVE COST
3) TO OPERATE TOLLING SYSTEMS MORE EFFECTIVELY.
4) THERE ARE SO MANY COUNTRIES IN AFRICA THAT WOULD BE CALLING ON THIS ROAD BUILDER OPERATORS TO WORK AS CONTRACTORS

You must also have your road user tax.

THERE WILL BE CREATION OF OVER 50 THOUSAND JOBS
Re: Fashola Commissions 1,200 Cabs. Pictures by Guk: 4:35pm On May 29, 2009
Interesting reading various comments.

I.d like to add the following:

(1) Anywhere in the world, Taxis are for those who can afford it & to buttress the point, may i ask how many of Nairalanders have taken Taxi in London as they do in Nigeria?

(2) Concerted efforts are bn made by those who can afford it to put buses on the streets of Lagos. For instance, BRT Buses run to & from Festac/Marina route & those who want little comfort prefer it to the Danfo/Liteace/Hiace Buses. Indication that things can work.

(3) Water Transportation is complimenting the above 2, so, Kudos to a thinking Govt.

(4) Basscomm, 1 of the Licensed cab operators do not own the 200 cabs, the cabs are owned by investors like you & i who own 1 or 2 cabs & all they do is manage the running of it. So its a case of working SMART & not working HARD

I am very careful in singing Fashola's praise as if he has done what no man can do. Leadership is not Rocket Science but we have a situation in Nigeria where some pple here were born in the days when Innovation had been killed & they know no better than hardship; dog eat dog; a man swallows all etc, so when someone does what he ought to do by virtue of his position, he is praised to high heavens. My prayer for Fashola is that those praises will not get into his head as those who hailed Ceaser were the same who hailed Brutus. Human beings are fickle
Re: Fashola Commissions 1,200 Cabs. Pictures by mustafar1: 4:44pm On May 29, 2009
@labiyemmy:

I think this is an uninformed submission, the sat navs we make, a few of which will be used in these taxi cabs, http://www.ceaser-web.com, differentiates streets with the area name, the city name, the surburb and also the zipcode.

and what part of nigeria has a zipcode. cos i see you are quick to make noise.
Re: Fashola Commissions 1,200 Cabs. Pictures by Kobojunkie: 4:49pm On May 29, 2009
must_a_far:

and what part of nigeria has a zipcode. cos i see you are quick to make noise.
There has been talk of existence of "Zip codes" in Nigeria since before OBJ left. Problem is information about these zipcodes are not readily available online. I have tried often to get info on them but so far nothing. But check this site (whenever it comes online) for info. I mean I have never really seen it online but I was told to go here
http://www.nipost.gov.ng/Post_offices.aspx
Re: Fashola Commissions 1,200 Cabs. Pictures by mustafar1: 5:11pm On May 29, 2009
Kobojunkie:

There has been talk of existence of "Zip codes" in Nigeria since before OBJ left. Problem is information about these zipcodes are not readily available online. I have tried often to get info on them but so far nothing. But check this site (whenever it comes online) for info. I mean I have never really seen it online but I was told to go here
http://www.nipost.gov.ng/Post_offices.aspx

kobojunkie that link no lead anywhere now. ask people for their addresses and they dont add post codes to it. so loro kan we are still at square 1. i agree progress has been made, although i noticed even the postoffice locations listed on there dont even list their own addresses not to talk of post codes.
Re: Fashola Commissions 1,200 Cabs. Pictures by moneygurl: 5:31pm On May 29, 2009
Water transportation in Lagos State.

http://www.tribune.com.ng/29052009/lagoslife.html
Re: Fashola Commissions 1,200 Cabs. Pictures by omoabike: 5:32pm On May 29, 2009
I have used the link sometimes ago to check for the PostCode not Zipcode as erroneously mention.
The only problem is that the link as sent by kobojunkie would not work.
Try this link to their home page http://www.nipost.gov.ng/
You would see a drop down box that you can use to query the database for any state you need.
The problem of broken links in Nigerian websites is not peculiar to nipost, it seems to plague most nigerian government websites.
This probably because most of the people given the contract to build the website do not know that useaability is very important if not more important than the design.
Re: Fashola Commissions 1,200 Cabs. Pictures by ezeagu(m): 6:18pm On May 29, 2009
At least let us have one good city. . . . . . . . smiley
Re: Fashola Commissions 1,200 Cabs. Pictures by hilli666(m): 6:39pm On May 29, 2009
Baba Fashola, We hail thee!! Keep it up so I can return back to by beautifull Lagos State, and hitch a ride on one of these, aircondition cab from the Airport.
Re: Fashola Commissions 1,200 Cabs. Pictures by biina: 6:41pm On May 29, 2009
Nigeria has had zip codes (referred to as postcodes) for a while.

Its a 6 digit code and you can get the 3 digit prefix for your postal/LG area from the NIPOST website by checking the map http://www.nipost.gov.ng/PostCode.aspx , (or picking postcode finder from the main page) and selecting the state

Example is in the NIPOST HQ contact info

Nipost Corporate Headquarters,
Abubakar Musa Argungu House,
Plot 1279 Muhammadu Buhari Way,
PMB 12537, Garki 900001,
Abuja,
Nigeria.

A zip code directory was distributed around 2000/2001, (my copy is around somewhere in the house).
The system is yet to catch on. NIPOST needs to find a way to make Nigerians aware and use their postcodes, possibly by rejecting letters without the codes, and having the field included in government forms.
Re: Fashola Commissions 1,200 Cabs. Pictures by Nobody: 7:37pm On May 29, 2009
Fashola THUMBS UP!!! while the Governor of OYO state remains DUMB

lipsrsealed lipsrsealed
Re: Fashola Commissions 1,200 Cabs. Pictures by Kobojunkie: 7:44pm On May 29, 2009
must_a_far:

kobojunkie that link no lead anywhere now. ask people for their addresses and they dont add post codes to it. so loro kan we are still at square 1. i agree progress has been made, although i noticed even the postoffice locations listed on there dont even list their own addresses not to talk of post codes.

Jeezzz dude!!! I said they list some on there, does not mean I know for sure people are even aware of it, or that it is being used. lol

You are right, majority of the folks do not know or use it down there. I guess NIPOST has not really gone around campaiging enough to make sure they do. grin
Re: Fashola Commissions 1,200 Cabs. Pictures by slimfine(f): 4:52am On May 30, 2009
I am so proud of that Governor Fashola,

other state governors should be taking notice, especially in the east!
Re: Fashola Commissions 1,200 Cabs. Pictures by TOYOSI20(f): 4:58am On May 30, 2009
slimfine:

I am so proud of that Governor Fashola,

Im wid u on this. . . . .hes has embarked on a lot of bold steps to make the city of Lagos much better. . . . wink

BTW. . .im so loving those new cabs!! smiley
Re: Fashola Commissions 1,200 Cabs. Pictures by chyk91(m): 12:47am On May 31, 2009
i av not seen any of this cabs o.
Re: Fashola Commissions 1,200 Cabs. Pictures by noname: 2:19am On May 31, 2009
I think it is sad that someone does a good thing and people still find a way to criticize the person whether for tribal reasons or for no reason at all. I believe this project was not financed by the government but even if it was, is it not better than him eating the money and not doing anything? Fashola rocks and I hope he keeps on doing a great job. He has done so much in just 2 years, and I can't wait to see what Lagos looks like when he is done.
Re: Fashola Commissions 1,200 Cabs. Pictures by MadMax1(f): 9:04am On May 31, 2009
Go Fash go! kiss
That kind of leadership, or better, is what the entire country needs.
Re: Fashola Commissions 1,200 Cabs. Pictures by akinjosh(m): 1:39pm On Jun 01, 2009
Fashola is a wonder. I can boldly say he his the only governor we have in Nigeria.
God bless and help him
Re: Fashola Commissions 1,200 Cabs. Pictures by nigeriaon(f): 3:26pm On Jun 01, 2009
GOV FASHOLA IS REALLY TAKING A GREAT LEAP

IS IT IN THE RIGHT DIRECTION

CAN THIS BE SUSTAINED BY THE ADMINISTRATION

ONLY TIME WILL TELL

HE IS INNOVATIVE AND IS FAR OUTSTANDING

http://www.nigeriaonmymind.com
Re: Fashola Commissions 1,200 Cabs. Pictures by nigeriaon(f): 3:35pm On Jun 01, 2009
GOV FASHOLA IS ACTUALLY DEVELOPING THE STATE

THIS HOWEVER IS NOT REFLECTED AT THE FEDERAL LEVEL

http://www.nigeriaonmymind.com
Re: Fashola Commissions 1,200 Cabs. Pictures by Abz: 4:18pm On Jun 01, 2009
I don't think having a post/zip code should be a problem for the taxi service to work effectively. A pick up stand can be set up in each locality, for those in need of the service to go there; probably call in by making sure you know the next available cab, and make a booking, it's best to encouarage others rather than piss on their opinions and eforts,
Re: Fashola Commissions 1,200 Cabs. Pictures by ironrod(f): 4:42pm On Jun 01, 2009
Abz:

I don't think having a post/zip code should be a problem for the taxi service to work effectively. A pick up stand can be set up in each locality, for those in need of the service to go there; probably call in by making sure you know the next available cab, and make a booking, it's best to encouarage others rather than piss on their opinions and eforts,

The issue of postcodes is one thing but the people still get by, as for the taxis, there are phone numbers to call for bookings or otherwise. the recently added taxis perform just like the usual painted cab on the city roads. :they pass, you hail"
chyk91:

i av not seen any of this cabs o.
these cabs are few ont he roads, i.e the newly released ones. this should be because just few have accquired them as taxi drivers pay for the accquisition unlike the others that have a private body running it, shine your eye well though you should see one of them soon!
Re: Fashola Commissions 1,200 Cabs. Pictures by toondey1: 4:41pm On Mar 15, 2012
afam4eva: I wonder how much those cabs cost. . . . what a waste.
lets talk about where to operate effectively within the mega city instead.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Nigerian Army Speaks On Chad, Boko Haram And Media Impact. / The People's Choice: The Story Of President Goodluck Jonathan / Revenue Generation: FG May Revise Restriction On 41 Items

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.