Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,823 members, 7,820,886 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 12:45 AM

Corpers Forced To Cut Weeds As Punishment Before Clearance In Rivers (Photos) - NYSC (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / NYSC / Corpers Forced To Cut Weeds As Punishment Before Clearance In Rivers (Photos) (40191 Views)

Burial Of Corper Who Drowned In A River In Rivers State (Photos) / Female Corper Steps Out With A Porsche For Clearance In Abuja (Photos) / How greedy corpers escaped being used as rituals in Rivers state (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Corpers Forced To Cut Weeds As Punishment Before Clearance In Rivers (Photos) by coolexy2: 2:45pm On Dec 01, 2015
is because they want to do it.....though, it nt big deal...
Re: Corpers Forced To Cut Weeds As Punishment Before Clearance In Rivers (Photos) by Echelle(m): 2:45pm On Dec 01, 2015
As an ex-corps member, e make sense. Some are just so proud.
Re: Corpers Forced To Cut Weeds As Punishment Before Clearance In Rivers (Photos) by Josaj(m): 2:45pm On Dec 01, 2015
Na comment I dey to read
Re: Corpers Forced To Cut Weeds As Punishment Before Clearance In Rivers (Photos) by condralbede(m): 2:45pm On Dec 01, 2015
I guess this Is Environmental CDS...Nah thr job
Re: Corpers Forced To Cut Weeds As Punishment Before Clearance In Rivers (Photos) by frankwyte: 2:46pm On Dec 01, 2015
There's nothing new; i guess because they were late for monthly log. its a light punishment tho and should be done with fun if am correct. or it's the normal routine CDs exercise on weekly or monthly bases.

1 Like

Re: Corpers Forced To Cut Weeds As Punishment Before Clearance In Rivers (Photos) by Onota: 2:46pm On Dec 01, 2015
I see absolutely nothing wrong in keeping your surrounding clean especially if no one has been employed to do that for you.

1 Like

Re: Corpers Forced To Cut Weeds As Punishment Before Clearance In Rivers (Photos) by menix(m): 2:50pm On Dec 01, 2015
In Asia their military men cut grass, clears bush nd they re not complaining nd here u ve someone who is still saying Daddy thank sir, complaining of cutting grass as a service to mother land.

1 Like

Re: Corpers Forced To Cut Weeds As Punishment Before Clearance In Rivers (Photos) by Nobody: 2:51pm On Dec 01, 2015
hmmm
Re: Corpers Forced To Cut Weeds As Punishment Before Clearance In Rivers (Photos) by MadCow1: 2:51pm On Dec 01, 2015
Dem no born that Z.I well to make me cut grass. angry

Do I look like a prisoner?

1 Like

Re: Corpers Forced To Cut Weeds As Punishment Before Clearance In Rivers (Photos) by kulboy(m): 2:52pm On Dec 01, 2015
That is service in humility. No biggie there
Re: Corpers Forced To Cut Weeds As Punishment Before Clearance In Rivers (Photos) by Stonerobaba(m): 2:53pm On Dec 01, 2015
Whats wrong with Corpers cutting grass? its part of the Community Development Services (CDS) which is mandatory for all. I did same in Kaduna some years back.
Re: Corpers Forced To Cut Weeds As Punishment Before Clearance In Rivers (Photos) by iheneme(m): 2:54pm On Dec 01, 2015
OP, so being a graduate has now become something so huge that graduates can't do some hard chores especially in a regimented environment? Please this 'a whole graduate' mentality should stop so that we can move forward in this country.
Re: Corpers Forced To Cut Weeds As Punishment Before Clearance In Rivers (Photos) by Twill92: 2:55pm On Dec 01, 2015
Re: Corpers Forced To Cut Weeds As Punishment Before Clearance In Rivers (Photos) by Twill92: 2:55pm On Dec 01, 2015
probably they belong to the environmental group and the group wasn't active.... i guess it isn't a punishment but a firm decision by the LGI to make sure they carry out their duties.... op watch your choice of words abeg, no create another avenue for people to hate their country the more...
Re: Corpers Forced To Cut Weeds As Punishment Before Clearance In Rivers (Photos) by jobhuntng: 2:56pm On Dec 01, 2015
Re: Corpers Forced To Cut Weeds As Punishment Before Clearance In Rivers (Photos) by flokii: 2:58pm On Dec 01, 2015
nothing strange...

na part of service..

buh why d field come be like prisonyard.. if not for deir khaki one would think they are convicts
Re: Corpers Forced To Cut Weeds As Punishment Before Clearance In Rivers (Photos) by kachnov(m): 2:59pm On Dec 01, 2015
no big deal..it's part of Nysc.
Re: Corpers Forced To Cut Weeds As Punishment Before Clearance In Rivers (Photos) by matoxy(m): 3:01pm On Dec 01, 2015
Are you sure this is not part of the CDS. lol
Re: Corpers Forced To Cut Weeds As Punishment Before Clearance In Rivers (Photos) by hamzeiy: 3:04pm On Dec 01, 2015
contactmorak:
Why is it that Nigerian youths are easily suppressd even despite their education. These are supposed to be adults being humiliated. If you've committed an offense, should cuttng grass like a slave be the punishment? This happened this morning in Ahoada East Local Government in Rivers state. NYSC officials refused to commence clearance until the corps members weed a portion of grass given to them. If they can be easily suppressed by an ordinary nysc official, how much more politicians governing their affairs. See More pics after the cut..
www.newseveryhour.com/2015/12/photos-of-nysc-corp-members-being.html

its not a punishment ..it was something we all did during my service year in abua/odua rivers state...its the monthly environmental sanitation usually carried out around the local govt. nd Nysc secretariet..most of the time it ends up becoming Fun...am very sure youve not served so stop spreading false news pls
Re: Corpers Forced To Cut Weeds As Punishment Before Clearance In Rivers (Photos) by teebaxy(m): 3:07pm On Dec 01, 2015
Youth obey the clarion call
Let us lift our nation high
Under the sun or in the rain
With dedication, and selflessness
Nigeria is ours, Nigeria we serve.
Always remember this
Re: Corpers Forced To Cut Weeds As Punishment Before Clearance In Rivers (Photos) by Lincoln275(m): 3:08pm On Dec 01, 2015
its part of their cds jooor
Re: Corpers Forced To Cut Weeds As Punishment Before Clearance In Rivers (Photos) by damton(m): 3:09pm On Dec 01, 2015
kekakuz:
[size=20pt] Why are we wasting valuable time and man power
I think we should convert this service to a compulsory one year military service like it's done in some Asian countries. Nigerian army lacks man power
[/size]

Shey you go volunteer to be the pilot member of such initiative.
Re: Corpers Forced To Cut Weeds As Punishment Before Clearance In Rivers (Photos) by deprof247(m): 3:10pm On Dec 01, 2015
Hmm! Although, it is worth pointing fingers at the said authority but one thing that should be taken into consideration is that everything one does, has a price. So since they are aiming at something consequential, it is better they sacrifice this ephemeral 'punishment' in order to get to their destination...
Re: Corpers Forced To Cut Weeds As Punishment Before Clearance In Rivers (Photos) by kekakuz(m): 3:10pm On Dec 01, 2015
damton:

Shey you go volunteer to be the pilot member of such initiative.
Yes
Re: Corpers Forced To Cut Weeds As Punishment Before Clearance In Rivers (Photos) by CirocBoi(m): 3:16pm On Dec 01, 2015
Lord knows I go beat person papa after the clearance.....
Re: Corpers Forced To Cut Weeds As Punishment Before Clearance In Rivers (Photos) by damton(m): 3:16pm On Dec 01, 2015
kekakuz:

Yes

Good.

Following your desire to participate in the 1 yr. Millitary exercise, you are hereby posted to SAMBISA FOREST to engage the terrorists.

Failure to oblige will attract a punishment of being dumped in the stronghold of the ISIS in Syria for 5 years.

Goodluck to you in your endeavor.
Re: Corpers Forced To Cut Weeds As Punishment Before Clearance In Rivers (Photos) by RAKITIC: 3:17pm On Dec 01, 2015
I tot this useless scheme called NYSC has been cancelled
Re: Corpers Forced To Cut Weeds As Punishment Before Clearance In Rivers (Photos) by SuPeRq(f): 3:18pm On Dec 01, 2015
viviangist:
Some Days are Like that boys ... #VIVIANGIST
Re: Corpers Forced To Cut Weeds As Punishment Before Clearance In Rivers (Photos) by Sparks44(f): 3:19pm On Dec 01, 2015
What's there? Ajibo like me no go mind cut small grass o.
Re: Corpers Forced To Cut Weeds As Punishment Before Clearance In Rivers (Photos) by Tobium1(m): 3:33pm On Dec 01, 2015
Heavy liar!! Dis is environmental & sanitation CDS group undertaking dia activity. Op, are u related to Lai mohammed??
Re: Corpers Forced To Cut Weeds As Punishment Before Clearance In Rivers (Photos) by alfajohn: 3:33pm On Dec 01, 2015
Was at government college Ibadan at my time before you leave that school u will have been a certified lawn mower. Nothing wrong in it. If u live in America u will cut ur lawn albeit with a mower but u are still the one doing it. Cheap labour has spoilt folks in Nigeria.
Re: Corpers Forced To Cut Weeds As Punishment Before Clearance In Rivers (Photos) by 9jatatafo(m): 3:34pm On Dec 01, 2015
It's fun but CLO is high on weed

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

4 Prospective Corpers Die In Accident On Their Way To Katsina NYSC Camp / Yusuf Buhari Receives NYSC Certificate Despite Not Completing His Service Year? / NYSC To Deploy Doctors, Pharmacists To IDPs Camps

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.