Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,967 members, 7,828,438 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 09:39 AM

Akwa Ibom To Start A Coconut Factory, Udom Signs Agreement (Photo) - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Akwa Ibom To Start A Coconut Factory, Udom Signs Agreement (Photo) (19901 Views)

Ogun Signs Agreement To Build Refinery (Photos) / President Buhari Has Signed The Paris Agreement (photo) / Nigeria Signs Agreement With UAE On Recovery Of Stolen Funds (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Akwa Ibom To Start A Coconut Factory, Udom Signs Agreement (Photo) by Nobody: 4:50pm On Dec 01, 2015
Correct
Re: Akwa Ibom To Start A Coconut Factory, Udom Signs Agreement (Photo) by searay(m): 4:59pm On Dec 01, 2015
Bugatie:

Poorly performed while he was president or local govt chairman?

Keep learning as you sure need a lot of it
Bros didn't you see the APC performance ranking for October?
Re: Akwa Ibom To Start A Coconut Factory, Udom Signs Agreement (Photo) by abokikhalifa: 5:01pm On Dec 01, 2015
vladimiros:

keep hating brother, let me fetch you Pure Water
WHAT is happening? tell me nd stop beating around the bush
Re: Akwa Ibom To Start A Coconut Factory, Udom Signs Agreement (Photo) by emajoe: 5:03pm On Dec 01, 2015
searay:
I learned, Udom is one of the poorly performed governor

No please. He is so to onlookers, bet delivering the dividends of democracy in grand style to his state.
Re: Akwa Ibom To Start A Coconut Factory, Udom Signs Agreement (Photo) by famousroland(m): 5:05pm On Dec 01, 2015
Nice one
Re: Akwa Ibom To Start A Coconut Factory, Udom Signs Agreement (Photo) by anonimi: 5:13pm On Dec 01, 2015
Government has no business being in business.
Its role should be limited to facilitating investments and regulating businesses.

1 Like

Re: Akwa Ibom To Start A Coconut Factory, Udom Signs Agreement (Photo) by HIGHESTPOPORI(m): 5:15pm On Dec 01, 2015
Adaure4ever:
Dats nice.. But its time to empower local indigenious investors more.
You are Everywhere
Re: Akwa Ibom To Start A Coconut Factory, Udom Signs Agreement (Photo) by Bonuwa: 6:05pm On Dec 01, 2015
Akwa always hv gud governors I don't knw y
Re: Akwa Ibom To Start A Coconut Factory, Udom Signs Agreement (Photo) by systemz(m): 6:07pm On Dec 01, 2015
IbokUtoroh:
obong adiong udom.
Lolzzz. Guy ur moniker na die!!!
Re: Akwa Ibom To Start A Coconut Factory, Udom Signs Agreement (Photo) by IbokUtoroh(m): 6:09pm On Dec 01, 2015
systemz:
Lolzzz. Guy ur moniker na die!!!

na inheritance
Re: Akwa Ibom To Start A Coconut Factory, Udom Signs Agreement (Photo) by nigerianvenom(m): 6:19pm On Dec 01, 2015
udom is a gift to nigerians not just akwa ibom alone.thank God for a man like udom.akwa ibom is heading to greatness.ubon eya ekop!
Re: Akwa Ibom To Start A Coconut Factory, Udom Signs Agreement (Photo) by nigerianvenom(m): 6:21pm On Dec 01, 2015
searay:
Bros didn't you see the APC performance ranking for October?

RANKING FROM WHO?from all those palmwine tappers?what were the statistics used?somethings are better ignored my brother
Re: Akwa Ibom To Start A Coconut Factory, Udom Signs Agreement (Photo) by nigerianvenom(m): 6:22pm On Dec 01, 2015
anonimi:
Government has no business being in business.
Its role should be limited to facilitating investments and regulating businesses.

and thats what udom is doing and will still be doing in the next 8years
Re: Akwa Ibom To Start A Coconut Factory, Udom Signs Agreement (Photo) by Tedassie(m): 7:10pm On Dec 01, 2015
vladimiros:
[size=13pt]Thats my State..

things are happening, not propaganda by some people, they know themselves
[/size]
yelz o
Re: Akwa Ibom To Start A Coconut Factory, Udom Signs Agreement (Photo) by Tedassie(m): 7:12pm On Dec 01, 2015
marioioidp:
coconut factory on point...... i like it when creative minds are creative. Anyways... do check out my hot new product...

My beard oil works magic. Grow long, soft and fresh beards... I just started growing mine 2 months ago, and you can see the result on instagram @beardgang9ja. do check me out. Also... place an order by calling 08098214914. I deliver anywhere in Nigeria... Limited offer!
You must be seriously-joking,brov...oya,show bois sample
Re: Akwa Ibom To Start A Coconut Factory, Udom Signs Agreement (Photo) by Uniqueness01(f): 7:18pm On Dec 01, 2015
nigerianvenom:
udom is a gift to nigerians not just akwa ibom alone.thank God for a man like udom.akwa ibom is heading to greatness.ubon eya ekop!
You are right Bro....I am a living witness.

God bless Governor Emmanuel Udom.

1 Like

Re: Akwa Ibom To Start A Coconut Factory, Udom Signs Agreement (Photo) by Tedassie(m): 7:20pm On Dec 01, 2015
Abiagirl777:
can't wait to get Coconut oil from there.let's consume our own products
proudly Abian
proudly Igbo
but e go tey small o,coconut tree takes as long as 20yrs to mature(except they do some genetic modification to shorten the length of maturation period)

buh it's in Akwa Ibom not Abia...sorry
Re: Akwa Ibom To Start A Coconut Factory, Udom Signs Agreement (Photo) by wink2015(m): 7:55pm On Dec 01, 2015
[size=18pt]Governor Ifeanyi Okowa of Delta state, wake up we want to see factories and industries in Delta state. Please stop wasting Delta state government money to travel to the united nations. We want industries like this one in Warri, Asaba, Ughelli, Sapele, etc

Delta people are tired of driving keke and Okada![/size]
Re: Akwa Ibom To Start A Coconut Factory, Udom Signs Agreement (Photo) by Tedassie(m): 7:58pm On Dec 01, 2015
Uniqueness01:

You are right Bro....I am a living witness.

God bless Governor Emmanuel Udom.
Amen to thatsmiley

Nice royal-blue dress @dp
Re: Akwa Ibom To Start A Coconut Factory, Udom Signs Agreement (Photo) by rudebouy: 8:00pm On Dec 01, 2015
Hmm! Dis is very nice. Mbok wot exactly will the coconut refinery be producing? Can someone pls educate me?
Re: Akwa Ibom To Start A Coconut Factory, Udom Signs Agreement (Photo) by Uniqueness01(f): 8:13pm On Dec 01, 2015
Tedassie:

Amen to thatsmiley

Nice royal-blue dress @dp
Yeah.
Thanks..
Re: Akwa Ibom To Start A Coconut Factory, Udom Signs Agreement (Photo) by Tedassie(m): 9:18pm On Dec 01, 2015
Uniqueness01:

Yeah.
Thanks..
You're welcome...you serve in AKS or you happen to be an indigene?
Re: Akwa Ibom To Start A Coconut Factory, Udom Signs Agreement (Photo) by itstpia8: 9:23pm On Dec 01, 2015
Seen. (Did I post on this thread already?)

where are the workers and logicians for the project coming from? Nigeria and where?

I dont recollect which countries farm coconuts commercially, maybe southeast Asia?
Re: Akwa Ibom To Start A Coconut Factory, Udom Signs Agreement (Photo) by Uniqueness01(f): 9:25pm On Dec 01, 2015
Tedassie:

You're welcome...you serve in AKS or you happen to be an indigene?
Yea I am serving in AKS.
Re: Akwa Ibom To Start A Coconut Factory, Udom Signs Agreement (Photo) by anidan(m): 9:39pm On Dec 01, 2015
Akwa Ibom dakaada!
Re: Akwa Ibom To Start A Coconut Factory, Udom Signs Agreement (Photo) by Tedassie(m): 10:03pm On Dec 01, 2015
Uniqueness01:

Yea I am serving in AKS.
well,good for you then smiley
Enjoy ur service yr
Re: Akwa Ibom To Start A Coconut Factory, Udom Signs Agreement (Photo) by Jessam: 3:49am On Dec 02, 2015
richidinho:
Akwa Ibom State Governor, Mr Udom Emmanuel (middle), Secretary to the State Government, Sir Ettekamba Umoren, Commissioner for Investment, Commerce & Industry, Mr Emmanuel Enoidem, Information Commissioner Mr Aniekan Umana (right), Directors of H. O. OIL Consulting Limited,(left) during the signing of Partnership Agreement for the take-off of Coconut Refinery Project, at Government House, Uyo.

https://web.facebook.com/AkwaIbomOnline/photos/a.1409710532574826.1073741830.1397043500508196/1682849815260895/?type=3&theater

i know lalasticlala loves good news

This is an absolute disgrace, we have the land, the manpower, the skill set and experience to plant, maintain, harvest and bloody well refine a whole state of coconut/oil. If we can not even do that ourselves we have problems. I believe the youth of Nigerians can do this but rather invest in the youth of the nation, government rather get some lower class wretched europeans to make themselves look like they are doing international trade. This is ridiculous very soon Government officials will bring in the so called foreign investors to make not only coconut but palm wine, cassava, suya, moi moi for us.

Investors indeed what are they bringing to the table, the land - NO, the manpower - No and I can bet you not the capital- the Government will provide the capital for these hungry looking investors. Where are they from? bet you they don't have coconuts in their place of abode. Soon government officials will bring investors in to teach Nigerian pidgen english.

Anyway Jessam Cattle Ranch and Farm is trying to disprove THE THEORY that we can't do things big and correctly just like many other indigenous companies that given the chance can match the so called expertise and surpass these so called investors.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gj5VRJWxLv0&feature=youtu.be

Anyway much more can be written about this but let me use this opportunity to introduce you to jessam Cattle Ranch and Farm. We are based in Enugu. Please enjoy photos our farm. We rear livestock including Cattle, pigs, goats, poultry, ducks. We also process palm oil too. Feel free to place your orders 08032455430 or 09099020582.

Stop celebrating mediocrity,

Re: Akwa Ibom To Start A Coconut Factory, Udom Signs Agreement (Photo) by aresa: 4:49am On Dec 02, 2015
vladimiros:

this is a state project not federal, Akwa Ibom would have a stake here..

You are wrong. It's a PP partnership project with foreign investor...

Try read and comprehend before opening your mouth...
Re: Akwa Ibom To Start A Coconut Factory, Udom Signs Agreement (Photo) by Jessam: 5:43am On Dec 02, 2015
aresa:

You are wrong. It's a PP partnership project with foreign investor...

Try read and comprehend before opening your mouth...

This is not a racist comment but we have to learn to put Nigerians first, how can any state government local, state or federal not be able find local partners for what really is not a hitech venture. Who is providing the land, how much are these investors putting in? As a nation we have to aim higher, I am all for attracting foreign investors but lets make sure they are attracted on merit and can make substantial investments, give them incentive packages like tax incentives, security guarantees, but don;t form partnerships that don't benefit the nation.
What foreign investor, i don't care if its state or federal. As a country we should be able to do certain businesses without so called foreign investors. The Government should partner with indigenous firms. You meant there was not a single calabar person/firm or fellow Nigerian that the state government could have partnered with. I bet you the government is the major funder of this project.
Re: Akwa Ibom To Start A Coconut Factory, Udom Signs Agreement (Photo) by Evaromantik(m): 6:58am On Dec 02, 2015
Kufie:

You don't have family members or friends to give this free salary to? You lack investment ideas? Come on man!
hahahaha.......,they're already using it o
Re: Akwa Ibom To Start A Coconut Factory, Udom Signs Agreement (Photo) by ModiKen(m): 7:04am On Dec 02, 2015
Adaure4ever:
Dats nice.. But its time to empower local indigenious investors more.

It is even long over due we patronise dem.

I just tire for our govt.

Everything na foreign this, foreign that, abi we no get local investors?

How local industies wan rak grow if we no patronise dem?

Chai! Nigeria anything "oyibo"always draws our govt's attention.
Re: Akwa Ibom To Start A Coconut Factory, Udom Signs Agreement (Photo) by Boss13: 7:15am On Dec 02, 2015
This is a good initiative but I don't support the idea because it would be financed by state funds and the normal Nigeria syndrome of selfishness and greed steps in. Also, it would be manage by the state which equally means state funds would be used for working capital and when the government gets tired, they would stop and the initiative dies.

Whilst I cannot comment thoroughly on this because I do not know the strategic objectives of the state government in setting up the coconut factory, I will have to congratulate the governor and his team for thinking

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

I Have Lost Faith In This Government / Adamu Garba Meets With Senator Abaribe (Photos) / Pictures Of All Remodelled Airports Across The Country

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.