Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,569 members, 7,812,841 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 08:26 PM

Poor Salary Not A Justification To Steal - Finance Minister Adeosun - Career - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Poor Salary Not A Justification To Steal - Finance Minister Adeosun (14459 Views)

Benue, Kogi, Plateau Pay Civil Servants High Despite Poor Revenue / 5 Habits That Will Make You Poor For Life / TROUBLE! No Employment In Public Service Buharis Minister Adeosun Declares ... G (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Poor Salary Not A Justification To Steal - Finance Minister Adeosun by Nobody: 2:08pm On Dec 01, 2015
[img]http://1.bp..com/-NtP4vQXjG84/Vl2IZf_3eKI/AAAAAAAHgo8/o41WMiz2Pqw/s400/index.jpg[/img]

Finance Minister, Kemi Adeosun has told Nigerian Civil Servants not to justify stealing of public funds because of poor salaries. Adeosun stated this while inaugurating the Efficiency Unit of the Ministry Of Finance in Abuja yesterday November 30th.

"We are going to look up all the causes that make government spending extremely inefficient and we are going to circulate those results to the agencies so that they will get a circular saying this is on paper and if you go above it, the Permanent Secretary or whoever is approving it needs to have a reason for doing so.

We are setting a benchmark; at the moment, there are no guidelines; and where there are no guidelines, there is no sin. So, we need to establish those guidelines to guide how people spend money. We cannot justify stealing and say because my salary is low so it justifies stealing. Not everybody steals and not everybody is willing to steal, and stealing is not a way to address low remuneration.

Stealing is stealing and it is a crime; you cannot steal and say because my salary is low that was why I stole; what about people who have no salaries? Stealing is stealing and we must address it. It is not acceptable. We need to address it and we will do so very aggressively. There is no excuse for stealing.”she said

Adeosun said the introduction of the Efficiency Unit in the ministry was to checkmate the manner in which government money is being spent in this very challenging economic times.

“Our own initial reviews have found wide variations in the prices of basic items between departments and within agencies. Printer cartridges of the same specification ranged in price from N16,000 to N62,000".she said

She said that the obvious differences in these items will no longer be tolerated in these economic hard times.

http://www.chuzzysblog.com/2015/12/poor-salary-not-justification-to-steal.html

4 Likes

Re: Poor Salary Not A Justification To Steal - Finance Minister Adeosun by tobillionaire(m): 2:09pm On Dec 01, 2015
Let dem know dat under dis regime, stealing is quaroptiongrin. FTC on dec 1st. Dear nairalanders abeg make una bless me with LIKES. E no easy

43 Likes 1 Share

Re: Poor Salary Not A Justification To Steal - Finance Minister Adeosun by Evaromantik(m): 2:10pm On Dec 01, 2015
But what
Re: Poor Salary Not A Justification To Steal - Finance Minister Adeosun by knuckbuck(m): 2:18pm On Dec 01, 2015
She speaks, we are listening and hoping. Just don't fail us.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Poor Salary Not A Justification To Steal - Finance Minister Adeosun by Nobody: 2:21pm On Dec 01, 2015
True, but she obviously knows nothing about the average human psychology.
We were taught during this finance (fraud) lecture that a "thief" would do/say anything to justify his/her act _ this is called RATIONALIZATION.

From reasons as trivial as:-
*They don't pay me enough (i.e) POOR SALARY!!!
*I'll never get caught
*They can afford it, of course the country can. Afterall past leaders looted and yet it's still remaining.
*Everyone does it_ the big reason. If Mr A a renowned politician can steal and walk heads high, why can't I?

Aunty Kemi, please pay workers well and prosecute looters. Their reasons might sound stupid to some people with integrity (which probably hasn't been tested) , but it is their reason all the same. grin

18 Likes

Re: Poor Salary Not A Justification To Steal - Finance Minister Adeosun by Nobody: 2:21pm On Dec 01, 2015
What da hell?..poor salary isn't the problem. The problem is too much salary. These politicians be stealing billions and no one is saying anything about it.

All she does is to address the small time criminal while the big time criminal are flexing away

A case of chasing after a rap when an armed man is robbing your house.. #ignorance

3 Likes

Re: Poor Salary Not A Justification To Steal - Finance Minister Adeosun by wellmax(m): 2:21pm On Dec 01, 2015
True madam. Hope they will listen

1 Like

Re: Poor Salary Not A Justification To Steal - Finance Minister Adeosun by obinnashady(m): 2:22pm On Dec 01, 2015
Booohari and his disciples
Re: Poor Salary Not A Justification To Steal - Finance Minister Adeosun by DICE234(m): 2:22pm On Dec 01, 2015
True, but what justifies the stealing of our politicians ?

Meanwhile;

Do you have a skill or do you run a service and yet not making money out of it? Chances are that many people don't know you have this skill or offer such services and yet someone in your area might be in desperate need of your services... are you a makeup artist, event manager, Dj, Piano tutor, Model, Rented Usher, Bass guitar tutor, graphics designer, web developer, actor/actress, Lesson teacher, french Lesson tutor, programmer, etc... check my signature and register your services/skill and be surprised how many people require your services out there but don't know you offer them. Sabiboy... someone, somewhere needs your services.
Re: Poor Salary Not A Justification To Steal - Finance Minister Adeosun by bisdam9086(m): 2:22pm On Dec 01, 2015
Stealing is not Corruption by the way....

1 Like

Re: Poor Salary Not A Justification To Steal - Finance Minister Adeosun by moyinoluwabun(m): 2:22pm On Dec 01, 2015
She don dey run her mouth too abi. Let them increase salary cos she already admitted d salary is meagre in her words.

4 Likes

Re: Poor Salary Not A Justification To Steal - Finance Minister Adeosun by Damsonkc(m): 2:22pm On Dec 01, 2015
k
Re: Poor Salary Not A Justification To Steal - Finance Minister Adeosun by miqos02(m): 2:22pm On Dec 01, 2015
ok
Re: Poor Salary Not A Justification To Steal - Finance Minister Adeosun by Importguru(m): 2:23pm On Dec 01, 2015
Re: Poor Salary Not A Justification To Steal - Finance Minister Adeosun by richidinho(m): 2:23pm On Dec 01, 2015
pretty woman

ladies learn from her, she is very rich but not bleaching grin

9 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Poor Salary Not A Justification To Steal - Finance Minister Adeosun by Nobody: 2:23pm On Dec 01, 2015
Minister.. how much is your salary.. grin grin
Re: Poor Salary Not A Justification To Steal - Finance Minister Adeosun by Beno3: 2:23pm On Dec 01, 2015
True, but for how long??
Re: Poor Salary Not A Justification To Steal - Finance Minister Adeosun by Mbamally(m): 2:24pm On Dec 01, 2015
richidinho:
pretty woman
ladies take note, she is very rich but not bleaching grin

Take note cheesy
Re: Poor Salary Not A Justification To Steal - Finance Minister Adeosun by Ashehu001(m): 2:24pm On Dec 01, 2015
Well said!
Re: Poor Salary Not A Justification To Steal - Finance Minister Adeosun by Josaj(m): 2:24pm On Dec 01, 2015
Accepted but is your own salary low?,

3 Likes

Re: Poor Salary Not A Justification To Steal - Finance Minister Adeosun by miqos02(m): 2:24pm On Dec 01, 2015
ChuzzysBlog:
[img]http://1.bp..com/-NtP4vQXjG84/Vl2IZf_3eKI/AAAAAAAHgo8/o41WMiz2Pqw/s400/index.jpg[/img]

Printer cartridges of the same specification ranged in price from N16,000 to N62,000".she said

omo see wahala

3 Likes

Re: Poor Salary Not A Justification To Steal - Finance Minister Adeosun by bluaero(m): 2:24pm On Dec 01, 2015
Noisemaker

1 Like

Re: Poor Salary Not A Justification To Steal - Finance Minister Adeosun by Nobody: 2:25pm On Dec 01, 2015
Kachisbarbie:
...the average human psychology.

Could u explain this in the context of what she is saying please.

2 Likes

Re: Poor Salary Not A Justification To Steal - Finance Minister Adeosun by SleekyGee(m): 2:26pm On Dec 01, 2015
Right!!
You can't fight corruption with corruption, once this generation stop stealing funds it will be easier to expose those who have stolen before and cleanse the nation of corrupt people grin
Re: Poor Salary Not A Justification To Steal - Finance Minister Adeosun by hob(m): 2:26pm On Dec 01, 2015
issokay
Re: Poor Salary Not A Justification To Steal - Finance Minister Adeosun by amjoseph19: 2:26pm On Dec 01, 2015
She is spot on on this. But the economy of the country is not helping matter at all. Me as a student I know what I usually spend in a month with all my economical applications. I still spend a reasonable amount of money. Then, when I think of a family man on 18k per month. In that 18k, his house rent is there, nepa bill is there, his daily feedings and that of his family are there. cloths to wear is a no go area, they don't talk about that one. Children school fees and other stuffs are all wrap on that 18k. And the naira is depreciation on a weekly bases. How do you expect such a man not to be tempted to steal if stealing present it self. Sometimes I wipe for this country.
No one loves to be called a thief... I tell you, no one loves that. Something drastically have to be done. Be it true federalism or regionalism or whatever that will make the state to work hard. The states as a whole are becoming too dependent to federal government monthly allocation. They governors need to go back to the drawing board.
We have the resources, we have the man power. We just need that drastic measure to be taken and some technicality support and the country shall bounce back.

4 Likes

Re: Poor Salary Not A Justification To Steal - Finance Minister Adeosun by hedonistic: 2:26pm On Dec 01, 2015
Rubbish talk. It's easy to say because yo and your fellow thieves don't depend on your salaries anyway.

Tell that to an average worker earning N50,000 a month who has to pay 'modest' house rent of N250,000 a year, pay modest school fees of N50,000 per term for his two children (three terms a year x two = N300,000), cater to miscellaneous needs and running costs, and indulge in a few recreational or leisure activities once in a while.

When one's salary cannot even cover one's most basic needs, you must be joking to suggest that people should not engage in corrupt pratices if/when the opportunity arises.

Fake morality is not an option when you're running on empty stomach.

10 Likes

Re: Poor Salary Not A Justification To Steal - Finance Minister Adeosun by Nobody: 2:26pm On Dec 01, 2015
Rubbish talk!

Is that the reason I have not received November salary

Last month, the fools lied about some technical issue undecided
What excuse do they have now

Dis govt sef undecided undecided undecided

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Poor Salary Not A Justification To Steal - Finance Minister Adeosun by prideofscience: 2:27pm On Dec 01, 2015
I LIKE DIS ADMINISTRATION, Light all over my area. Sai Buhari

1 Like

Re: Poor Salary Not A Justification To Steal - Finance Minister Adeosun by teebaxy(m): 2:27pm On Dec 01, 2015
She is beginning to join the train of talkative s

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Banking Career + Masters Pursuit In Abuja, How Tenable? / Career Options: Should I Leave My Teaching Job To Be A Driver? / Entries For The Kukah Prize For Young Innovators Now Open

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.