Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,405 members, 7,815,891 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 08:22 PM

Poor Salary Not A Justification To Steal - Finance Minister Adeosun - Career (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Poor Salary Not A Justification To Steal - Finance Minister Adeosun (14464 Views)

Benue, Kogi, Plateau Pay Civil Servants High Despite Poor Revenue / 5 Habits That Will Make You Poor For Life / TROUBLE! No Employment In Public Service Buharis Minister Adeosun Declares ... G (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Poor Salary Not A Justification To Steal - Finance Minister Adeosun by Nobody: 2:28pm On Dec 01, 2015
K
Re: Poor Salary Not A Justification To Steal - Finance Minister Adeosun by shadowwalker101: 2:28pm On Dec 01, 2015
Yh that is not a just a justification to steal
[img]http://www.?aff=391[/img]
Re: Poor Salary Not A Justification To Steal - Finance Minister Adeosun by Nobody: 2:30pm On Dec 01, 2015
Madam go sweet o, look her lips..kem kem
Re: Poor Salary Not A Justification To Steal - Finance Minister Adeosun by logoscope(m): 2:30pm On Dec 01, 2015
Person way get money b4 con still embezzle join, una no go arrest am.
Re: Poor Salary Not A Justification To Steal - Finance Minister Adeosun by cruzita(f): 2:31pm On Dec 01, 2015
true but if u know how people are feeding from hand to mouth u go understand d journey.even d salary people sef be lyk people wey dem no dey pay salary

1 Like

Re: Poor Salary Not A Justification To Steal - Finance Minister Adeosun by menix(m): 2:32pm On Dec 01, 2015
She dey craze walahi...

If those that earn big thief, those that earn peanut with no hope of increment is justifiable to steal..

If am a Judge any bank contract staff that is brought before me for fraud will get his/her case squashed...
Re: Poor Salary Not A Justification To Steal - Finance Minister Adeosun by yinchar(m): 2:33pm On Dec 01, 2015
miqos02:
omo see wahala
@Miqos02, Thank for the laptop you sold to me last week. Despite not meeting you in person, I sent you the money and you post the laptop to the destination, I can't thank you enough, sincere businessman like you is very rare in this country, more grease to your elbow.
Re: Poor Salary Not A Justification To Steal - Finance Minister Adeosun by kunlej2: 2:34pm On Dec 01, 2015
can somebody count how many times stealing was repeated in that article?
Re: Poor Salary Not A Justification To Steal - Finance Minister Adeosun by adeoba2008(m): 2:34pm On Dec 01, 2015
Nice one...
Re: Poor Salary Not A Justification To Steal - Finance Minister Adeosun by kalusky02(m): 2:38pm On Dec 01, 2015
Thank you for pointing this out. If we get our procurement processes right in Nigeria, corruption will be reduced to an extent cos bulk of the stealing and looting of the treasury are done through the procurement process.
Re: Poor Salary Not A Justification To Steal - Finance Minister Adeosun by kalusky02(m): 2:39pm On Dec 01, 2015
Right pricing of items is the way to go.
Re: Poor Salary Not A Justification To Steal - Finance Minister Adeosun by 2rutalk1: 2:39pm On Dec 01, 2015
I am waiting for the day this woman will make a sound economic policy statement other than this gibberish. First degree in Economics is not enough to head Finance Ministry in a big economy like Nigeria. Most economic topics that are taught in the Department of Economics at the Postgraduate School are germane to managing such sensitive position. When I had a Bsc in Economics, I thought that was all I needed to understand the workings of every economy in the world. Perhaps, advanced topics at Msc and PhD levels are sine qua non in managing the finances of a nation. If President Buhari had understood Energy Economics particularly the Shale Oil development in the western world and the relationship between OPEC and the Seven Sisters, he wouldn't have been busy promising up and down and how he would stabilize the world oil price.

1 Like

Re: Poor Salary Not A Justification To Steal - Finance Minister Adeosun by coldubako(m): 2:40pm On Dec 01, 2015
People who talk like this sometimes steal the most.

1 Like

Re: Poor Salary Not A Justification To Steal - Finance Minister Adeosun by slap1(m): 2:44pm On Dec 01, 2015
No crime is justifiable, but poor salary is a BIG MOTIVATION to steal. She should choose her words carefully because Nigerians don't forget.

2 Likes

Re: Poor Salary Not A Justification To Steal - Finance Minister Adeosun by Nobody: 2:47pm On Dec 01, 2015
tobillionaire:
Let dem know dat under dis regime, stealing is quaroptiongrin

aswear you be yeye fowl... lol
Re: Poor Salary Not A Justification To Steal - Finance Minister Adeosun by anonimi: 2:49pm On Dec 01, 2015

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Poor Salary Not A Justification To Steal - Finance Minister Adeosun by IbokUtoroh(m): 2:51pm On Dec 01, 2015
ChuzzysBlog:
[img]http://1.bp..com/-NtP4vQXjG84/Vl2IZf_3eKI/AAAAAAAHgo8/o41WMiz2Pqw/s400/index.jpg[/img]

Finance Minister, Kemi Adeosun has told Nigerian Civil Servants not to justify stealing of public funds because of poor salaries. Adeosun stated this while inaugurating the Efficiency Unit of the Ministry Of Finance in Abuja yesterday November 30th.

"We are going to look up all the causes that make government spending extremely inefficient and we are going to circulate those results to the agencies so that they will get a circular saying this is on paper and if you go above it, the Permanent Secretary or whoever is approving it needs to have a reason for doing so.

We are setting a benchmark; at the moment, there are no guidelines; and where there are no guidelines, there is no sin. So, we need to establish those guidelines to guide how people spend money. We cannot justify stealing and say because my salary is low so it justifies stealing. Not everybody steals and not everybody is willing to steal, and stealing is not a way to address low remuneration.

Stealing is stealing and it is a crime; you cannot steal and say because my salary is low that was why I stole; what about people who have no salaries? Stealing is stealing and we must address it. It is not acceptable. We need to address it and we will do so very aggressively. There is no excuse for stealing.”she said

Adeosun said the introduction of the Efficiency Unit in the ministry was to checkmate the manner in which government money is being spent in this very challenging economic times.

“Our own initial reviews have found wide variations in the prices of basic items between departments and within agencies. Printer cartridges of the same specification ranged in price from N16,000 to N62,000".she said

She said that the obvious differences in these items will no longer be tolerated in these economic hard times.

http://www.chuzzysblog.com/2015/12/poor-salary-not-justification-to-steal.html
Re: Poor Salary Not A Justification To Steal - Finance Minister Adeosun by morab90(m): 2:51pm On Dec 01, 2015
You've joined the train of talkative, but you have spoken well. And mind you, what about you thieves and politician colleague? How do you come to steal money upon your already banked millions. Bird of feathers flock together.
Re: Poor Salary Not A Justification To Steal - Finance Minister Adeosun by Tayeni(m): 2:52pm On Dec 01, 2015
hedonistic:
Rubbish talk. It's easy to say because yo and your fellow thieves don't depend on your salaries anyway.

Tell that to an average worker earning N50,000 a month who has to pay 'modest' house rent of N250,000 a year.
oga.....a man that earns 50k a month and wants to live in a house of 250k a year is the definition of stupidity.....doesnt matter the city in Nigeria

3 Likes

Re: Poor Salary Not A Justification To Steal - Finance Minister Adeosun by IbokUtoroh(m): 2:54pm On Dec 01, 2015
ChuzzysBlog:
[img]http://1.bp..com/-NtP4vQXjG84/Vl2IZf_3eKI/AAAAAAAHgo8/o41WMiz2Pqw/s400/index.jpg[/img]

Finance Minister, Kemi Adeosun has told Nigerian Civil Servants not to justify stealing of public funds because of poor salaries. Adeosun stated this while inaugurating the Efficiency Unit of the Ministry Of Finance in Abuja yesterday November 30th.

"We are going to look up all the causes that make government spending extremely inefficient and we are going to circulate those results to the agencies so that they will get a circular saying this is on paper and if you go above it, the Permanent Secretary or whoever is approving it needs to have a reason for doing so.

We are setting a benchmark; at the moment, there are no guidelines; and where there are no guidelines, there is no sin. So, we need to establish those guidelines to guide how people spend money. We cannot justify stealing and say because my salary is low so it justifies stealing. Not everybody steals and not everybody is willing to steal, and stealing is not a way to address low remuneration.

Stealing is stealing and it is a crime; you cannot steal and say because my salary is low that was why I stole; what about people who have no salaries? Stealing is stealing and we must address it. It is not acceptable. We need to address it and we will do so very aggressively. There is no excuse for stealing.”she said

Adeosun said the introduction of the Efficiency Unit in the ministry was to checkmate the manner in which government money is being spent in this very challenging economic times.

“Our own initial reviews have found wide variations in the prices of basic items between departments and within agencies. Printer cartridges of the same specification ranged in price from N16,000 to N62,000".she said

She said that the obvious differences in these items will no longer be tolerated in these economic hard times.

woman educate them zombies that stealing is a crime n not corruption.
corruption n stealing r examples of crime, unless we will be justified if we call all these small petty thieves who bugle houses n snatch phones corrupt.
Re: Poor Salary Not A Justification To Steal - Finance Minister Adeosun by mapet: 2:57pm On Dec 01, 2015
Kachisbarbie:
True, but she obviously knows nothing about the average human psychology.
We were taught during this finance (fraud) lecture that a "thief" would do/say anything to justify his/her act _ this is called RATIONALIZATION.

From reasons as trivial as:-
*They don't pay me enough (i.e) POOR SALARY!!!
*I'll never get caught
*They can afford it, of course the country can. Afterall past leaders looted and yet it's still remaining.
*Everyone does it_ the big reason. If Mr A a renowned politician can steal and walk heads high, why can't I?

Aunty Kemi, please pay workers well and prosecute looters. Their reasons might sound stupid to some people with integrity (which probably hasn't been tested) , but it is their reason all the same. grin

madam, I'm afraid you sound more ridiculous than those she's trying to address. Your misapplied finance course does not equate to justifying stealing. Tell me, what is the benchmark for paying workers "well", to prevent them from stealing? How will minister of Finance procecute "looters"? .....and are you saying you are one of those without integrity?
Re: Poor Salary Not A Justification To Steal - Finance Minister Adeosun by odutolu1(m): 2:57pm On Dec 01, 2015
[b][/b] stealing not qwuorruptionstealing not qwuorruptionstealing not qwuorruption
Re: Poor Salary Not A Justification To Steal - Finance Minister Adeosun by ngoziama: 3:01pm On Dec 01, 2015
ChuzzysBlog:

Madam minister so long as that salary remains poor, you will never get result. Get into your closet and ponder over your statement putting yourself in the shoes of a clerk who goes to the same market you go to with that meagre salary.i hate it when the rich talk like this. You should be looking at how to improve their welfare, reward hardworking civil servants to motivate them and get good results. Well, get ready to be fustrated out of there if that is your slogan.

2 Likes

Re: Poor Salary Not A Justification To Steal - Finance Minister Adeosun by Nobody: 3:06pm On Dec 01, 2015
mapet:

madam, I'm afraid you sound more ridiculous than those she's trying to address. Your misapplied finance course does not equate to justifying stealing. Tell me, what is the benchmark for paying workers "well", to prevent them from stealing? How will minister of Finance procecute "looters"? .....and are you saying you are one of those without integrity?

How exactly did I justify stealing? What exactly is misapplied? I simply stated a basic rule which applies to some people and shouldn't be overlooked. That's why I said, the average human psychology...
It isn't even misapplied because if you ever address/interrogate thieves, you would hear reasons. Reasons that you can relate to, but then... integrity first.

There would be thieves even if salaries are increased by 500%, but then, you would know you gave it your best shot_ unfortunately the person is just a thief!!!
I don't know the benchmark, I am not the Finance minister ;she is_ but I know that following the rising inflation in the country N18000 (less than 100$) is too poor for minimum wage, it's even worse that some folks are considering reducing it. She should be concerned about stabilising the financial sector, so that people can get good value for the little money they earn.

Whether you like it or yes, lots of people work first for selfish reasons(personal interest) before company/national goals. If the pay isn't right, they are just pushing it.
Re: Poor Salary Not A Justification To Steal - Finance Minister Adeosun by DICE234(m): 3:10pm On Dec 01, 2015
marioioidp:
seriously, Every one should be satisfied with their salary, if you aren't, pick a hussle... and heres mine...

My beard oil works magic. Grow long, soft and fresh beards... I just started growing mine 2 months ago, and you can see the result on instagram @beardgang9ja. do check me out. Also... place an order by calling 08098214914. I deliver anywhere in Nigeria... Limited offer!

Please how much is your beard oil? Hopes it makes beard soft? Pls mail me ur price cos money no dey now O, make we see if wefit afford am
Re: Poor Salary Not A Justification To Steal - Finance Minister Adeosun by hedonistic: 3:13pm On Dec 01, 2015
Tayeni:
oga.....a man that earns 50k a month and wants to live in a house of 250k a year is the definition of stupidity.....doesnt matter the city in Nigeria

How much is the average mini flat in Abuja? I'm not sure you can get less than 250k even in the so-called satellite towns. Many civil servants in the ministries in Abuja earn approximately N50k a month. Where do you want them to live with their families? In a container?

2 Likes

Re: Poor Salary Not A Justification To Steal - Finance Minister Adeosun by mapet: 3:13pm On Dec 01, 2015
2rutalk1:
I am waiting for the day this woman will make a sound economic policy statement other than this gibberish. First degree in Economics is not enough to head Finance Ministry in a big economy like Nigeria. Most economic topics that are taught in the Department of Economics at the Postgraduate School are germane to managing such sensitive position. When I had a Bsc in Economics, I thought that was all I needed to understand the workings of every economy in the world. Perhaps, advanced topics at Msc and PhD levels are sine qua non in managing the finances of a nation. If President Buhari had understood Energy Economics particularly the Shale Oil development in the western world and the relationship between OPEC and the Seven Sisters, he wouldn't have been busy promising up and down and how he would stabilize the world oil price.

Bros,

some of you just show some funny and naive views with brazen effrontery.....
1. Topics taught in Post Graduate school is a pre-requisite to heading Finance ministry? where on earth did you get that from? What is the relevance of "topics taught in postgrad schools"(and which topics by the way) with the level of knowledge, experience and competence required to head the ministry? If we go by your line of thinking (ridiculous as it sounds) so Kemi Adeosun has no post grad schooling?

2. Please stop lifting and throwing words and concepts......Shale Oil development in the western world...the relationship between OPEC and Seven Sisters.........and all the jargons you put up there are rhetorics. How all these affects Kemi Adeosun in context you did not explain.......
Re: Poor Salary Not A Justification To Steal - Finance Minister Adeosun by 2rutalk1: 3:18pm On Dec 01, 2015
mapet:

Bros,

some of you just show some funny and naive views with brazen effrontery.....
1. Topics taught in Post Graduate school is a pre-requisite to heading Finance ministry? where on earth did you get that from? What is the relevance of "topics taught in postgrad schools"(and which topics by the way) with the level of knowledge, experience and competence required to head the ministry? If we go by your line of thinking (ridiculous as it sounds) so Kemi Adeosun has no post grad schooling?

2. Please stop lifting and throwing words and concepts......Shale Oil development in the western world...the relationship between OPEC and Seven Sisters.........and all the jargons you put up there are rhetorics. How all these affects Kemi Adeosun in context you did not explain.......
Sorry, I have no time for you. bye
Re: Poor Salary Not A Justification To Steal - Finance Minister Adeosun by Exponental(m): 3:31pm On Dec 01, 2015
she wan spoil runs..... she know say printer cartridges get different qualities plus different t-fare to get them.
Re: Poor Salary Not A Justification To Steal - Finance Minister Adeosun by opemipo2013: 3:36pm On Dec 01, 2015
she should pay our November salary,to avoid stealing.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Poor Salary Not A Justification To Steal - Finance Minister Adeosun by Tayeni(m): 3:38pm On Dec 01, 2015
hedonistic:

How much is the average mini flat in Abuja? I'm not sure you can get less than 250k even in the so-called satellite towns. Many civil servants in the ministries in Abuja earn approximately N50k a month. Where do you want them to live with their families? In a container?
i dont live in abuja...i dont know the rent rates there....but i am very sure there are options for different income levels. live within or below your means is what i would tell them

1 Like

Re: Poor Salary Not A Justification To Steal - Finance Minister Adeosun by jamace(m): 3:39pm On Dec 01, 2015
Unfortunately, it is those who swore with Bible/Quran with the promise to serve Nigerians and with JUMBO salaries and allowances that steal the most in Nigeria. What an irony! Who shall deliver us? cry cry cry

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Entries For The Kukah Prize For Young Innovators Now Open / 10 Things That Could Ruin Your Career / Banking Career + Masters Pursuit In Abuja, How Tenable?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 62
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.