Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,906 members, 7,817,682 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 05:08 PM

Wife Of Detainee Loses Pregnancy After Torture By Police (Pictured) - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Wife Of Detainee Loses Pregnancy After Torture By Police (Pictured) (30438 Views)

Wife Loses Pregnancy After Being Beaten By Co-tenant Over Husband Infidelity (pi / Police To Detainee: Pay N80,000 Or Go To Jail / Woman Bathed With Hot Oil Loses Pregnancy In Lagos (pictured) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Wife Of Detainee Loses Pregnancy After Torture By Police (Pictured) by Islie: 7:27am On Dec 02, 2015
Housewife loses pregnancy after DPO’s assault

A 37-year-old woman, Mrs Risikat Bamidele, has lost her pregnancy after a Divisional Police Officer in charge of Kemta Idi-Aba Police Headquarters in Abeokuta, the Ogun State capital, allegedly brutalised her. The DPO, identified as CSP Samuel, was said to have assaulted the woman on Saturday night for “daring to make a phone call” in his presence.

The incident occurred barely two weeks after the Inspector- General of Police, Solomon Arase, warned officers and men of the state police command against unprovoked assault on innocent civilians. Speaking with our correspondent on her hospital bed at the State Hospital, Ijaiye, Abeokuta, Mrs Bamidele said she lost her nine-week-old pregnancy owing to the torture received from the DPO.

The victim, who is a non teaching staff member of Catholic Comprehensive High School at Onikolobo, Abeokuta, disclosed that she was at the police station in respect of a matter involving her husband, Tunde Bamidele. Writhing in pain, Bamidele explained that she wanted to put a call across to her brother- in-law when the police chief descended on her with repeated slaps and jabs. According to her, the DPO later ordered her detention which was effected by a junior police officer.

She said: “When I got to the police station, my husband gave me his phone that I should call his brother. When I was calling, I just saw one man; I never knew he is the DPO. He said ‘you are very stupid, you are phoning after 8 (pm). You don’t know we don’t phone here after 8 (pm)?’ “I apologised that I wasn’t aware I shouldn’t call even when other officers were there and they didn’t stop me.

“He forcibly took my phone and called a police officer to arrest me. They harassed me and pushed me and my husband had to rush out shouting ‘she is pregnant, don’t push her.’ That was when the man started slapping and shouting at me.” Bamidele added that she suffered serious stomach pains all through the night following the assault.

She said the police officers on duty could not come to her aid but her husband gave her some money to buy sanitary pad to stop the blood flow from her private part. The victim added that on Monday she was rushed to the hospital where doctors confirmed that her nine weeks’ old pregnancy had been aborted. Also, the husband said he was detained at the police station for daring to request for some money owed him by a building contractor.

Bamidele claimed that the contractor, whose name he simply gave as Bolaji, owed him and other colleagues N894,000 for the past 19 months He said: “Bolaji and I were taken to the station where we were both detained initially. Before we were detained, the DPO said we should write statements but I said I wasn’t ready to write any statement.

“When it was 7pm, my wife called me because I am a diabetic and an ulcer patient and she had to come to the station. When she came, I gave her my phone to call my brother and what I heard from inside was ‘bastard, go inside’, and she was detained. My clothes were removed, and they poured water on me and gave an instruction that I should be smoked with tear gas.”

Bamidele also accused the DPO of collecting N20,000 before releasing him and his wife on bail. When contacted yesterday, the state Police Public Relations Officer (PPRO), Olumuyiwa Adejobi, said the matter had yet to be brought to the attention of the Commissioner of Police, Abdulmajid Ali.

Adejobi, however, said the affected couple should write a letter of complaint to the police commissioner. He promised that they would get justice. The PPRO said the command would not condone any act of brutality against innocent civilians.

http://newtelegraphonline.com/housewife-loses-pregnancy-after-dpos-assault/

lalasticlala

Re: Wife Of Detainee Loses Pregnancy After Torture By Police (Pictured) by Confessng: 7:29am On Dec 02, 2015
Ha!
Our policemen need training and retraining .
Why evils?
And it is as a result of godfatherism ,that's why people who should be behind bars would be prancing about as law enforcement agents

11 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Wife Of Detainee Loses Pregnancy After Torture By Police (Pictured) by buzquet(m): 7:29am On Dec 02, 2015
One will be one day that Nigerians will be delivered from this inhumane

1 Like

Re: Wife Of Detainee Loses Pregnancy After Torture By Police (Pictured) by DickDastardly(m): 7:32am On Dec 02, 2015
That picture though, very much semblance with our own irunobo tongue. Igbo women can be ugly o! grin

Seriously that DPO should be made to face brock lesnar in cage fight. Useless idiotic illiterate police gagool

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Wife Of Detainee Loses Pregnancy After Torture By Police (Pictured) by jerryboiii(m): 7:33am On Dec 02, 2015
lmfao...
Re: Wife Of Detainee Loses Pregnancy After Torture By Police (Pictured) by Nobody: 7:47am On Dec 02, 2015
That DPO is a devil incarnate. ordered for water to be poured on him and then be smoked with Tear Gas... pls what crime did he commit to warrant such treatment.
I hope the necessary department takes this up and investigate thoroughly, aside the fact that his action murdered an unborn baby, the DPO should penalized severely.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Wife Of Detainee Loses Pregnancy After Torture By Police (Pictured) by dre11(m): 7:50am On Dec 02, 2015
I hope the AIG is seeing this

police brutality on civilians.... the DPO needs physiatrist evaluation to determine his state of mind and reasoning

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Wife Of Detainee Loses Pregnancy After Torture By Police (Pictured) by DONSMITH123(m): 7:52am On Dec 02, 2015
Say NO to Police Brutality.
Re: Wife Of Detainee Loses Pregnancy After Torture By Police (Pictured) by Sijo01(f): 8:06am On Dec 02, 2015
Chaiiiii, which way naija!
The DPO is an animal in uniform. Hope he's made to dance to the music he played.
Re: Wife Of Detainee Loses Pregnancy After Torture By Police (Pictured) by damton(m): 8:56am On Dec 02, 2015
ok.
kontinuuu
Re: Wife Of Detainee Loses Pregnancy After Torture By Police (Pictured) by looseweight: 8:56am On Dec 02, 2015
After all these, IG will come out and tell us police is your friend...

IAMLOOSEWEIGHT

Re: Wife Of Detainee Loses Pregnancy After Torture By Police (Pictured) by PLANETMARS(m): 8:56am On Dec 02, 2015
This space is dedicated to d lost baby...and all other lost babies ( all my ex)
Re: Wife Of Detainee Loses Pregnancy After Torture By Police (Pictured) by MadCow1: 8:56am On Dec 02, 2015
But she sef why did she make calls inside the Police Station without permit? angry
Re: Wife Of Detainee Loses Pregnancy After Torture By Police (Pictured) by royallere: 8:57am On Dec 02, 2015
end time

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Wife Of Detainee Loses Pregnancy After Torture By Police (Pictured) by SuPeRq(f): 8:57am On Dec 02, 2015
shocked shocked
Re: Wife Of Detainee Loses Pregnancy After Torture By Police (Pictured) by Diesel1(m): 8:57am On Dec 02, 2015
Only in Nigeria
Re: Wife Of Detainee Loses Pregnancy After Torture By Police (Pictured) by sukkot: 8:57am On Dec 02, 2015
dayum

zoogeria

1 Like

Re: Wife Of Detainee Loses Pregnancy After Torture By Police (Pictured) by OrIandoOwoh(m): 8:57am On Dec 02, 2015
The Zoo republic

1 Like

Re: Wife Of Detainee Loses Pregnancy After Torture By Police (Pictured) by drinkmorewater: 8:58am On Dec 02, 2015
U can't phone in front of a police man?

U can't also call after 8pm in the station?

The end result was a miscarriage of both a life and the law

Anyway this is the best microcosm of Nigeria at large

If our Leaders are able to provide at least a comfortable environ for us to live in like early payment of salaries, provision of necessary amenities and infrastructures, this act will create a ripple effect across the populace, then You won't have degenerative acts like slapping an unharmed woman for making a call in a place supposed to be a safe place.

Nigeria is still growing fair enough but I think I will take my talents to somewhere else more developed.

3 Likes

Re: Wife Of Detainee Loses Pregnancy After Torture By Police (Pictured) by royallere: 8:58am On Dec 02, 2015
DickDastardly:
That picture though, very much semblance with our own irunobo tongue. Igbo women can be ugly o! grin

Seriously that DPO should be made to face brock lesnar in cage fight. Useless idiotic illiterate police gagool
what are you saying bayii sad

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Wife Of Detainee Loses Pregnancy After Torture By Police (Pictured) by Pecca: 8:59am On Dec 02, 2015
olrait
Re: Wife Of Detainee Loses Pregnancy After Torture By Police (Pictured) by yyeanqah(m): 8:59am On Dec 02, 2015
That DPO shud bhe sack.......period
Re: Wife Of Detainee Loses Pregnancy After Torture By Police (Pictured) by JumpingChicken(m): 9:00am On Dec 02, 2015
There should be an organisation of human rights lawyers like an N.G.O set up to deal with issues like this.

Those police men should be sacked and charged.
Re: Wife Of Detainee Loses Pregnancy After Torture By Police (Pictured) by JumpingChicken(m): 9:00am On Dec 02, 2015
frank8888:
Hi
Seriously?
Re: Wife Of Detainee Loses Pregnancy After Torture By Police (Pictured) by emmanuel596(m): 9:00am On Dec 02, 2015
cry
Re: Wife Of Detainee Loses Pregnancy After Torture By Police (Pictured) by crispberry(f): 9:01am On Dec 02, 2015
Awwww
Re: Wife Of Detainee Loses Pregnancy After Torture By Police (Pictured) by Nobody: 9:01am On Dec 02, 2015
DickDastardly:

ya fada undecided
Re: Wife Of Detainee Loses Pregnancy After Torture By Police (Pictured) by McBrooklyn(m): 9:01am On Dec 02, 2015
End Time Policemen

Meanwhile . . .

. . . Our Oga Seun And . . .

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Armed Robber Operating In Civil Defense Uniform Arrested In Ogun (Photo) / Sales Girl Raped And Beaten In Ughelli, Delta State / ‘I Inserted 386 Grammes Of Cocaine In My Anus For N1m’ - Man (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.