Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,441 members, 7,819,631 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 07:31 PM

Senator Yerima: "Biafra Struggle Is Legitimate" - Daily Times - Politics (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Senator Yerima: "Biafra Struggle Is Legitimate" - Daily Times (49001 Views)

Buhari Set To Increase Workers' Salaries - Daily Times / How Buhari’s TSA Saved Nigeria Billions Of Naira - Daily Times / Abia State Pioneers Cement Based Roads. Daily Times. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Senator Yerima: "Biafra Struggle Is Legitimate" - Daily Times by Jyah01: 11:36am On Dec 02, 2015
We the Niger deltans have everything to stand on our own, we don't need dominant from the homogenous tribe, ibos have dubious character n greedy attitudes worse than the hausas. We are not biafarans, we Niger Deltans who r fighting for resource control. One Nigeria, South Easterns can get their biafara. Thanks.
Re: Senator Yerima: "Biafra Struggle Is Legitimate" - Daily Times by saltbelly: 11:36am On Dec 02, 2015
kozmokaz:
pictures ... or I don't belive ...

u guys just want to paint dem black ...

no body has ever reported of violence in any part of d country
its OK. It would soon filter online. Blocking roads does not disrupt economic activities right? People are stranded at hradbridge Onitsha and other parts of SE
Re: Senator Yerima: "Biafra Struggle Is Legitimate" - Daily Times by Excellentmind: 11:39am On Dec 02, 2015
Fearcom:

Who's crying?? You must be delusional. If I had the power you will be allowed cessation immediately. Good riddance

It's a process. It's going on. Realization is visible, only that you can't see.

2 Likes

Re: Senator Yerima: "Biafra Struggle Is Legitimate" - Daily Times by Obiagu1(m): 11:40am On Dec 02, 2015
Children of Hate and Venom.

I greet you all. May you continue to hate on Biafrans.
Law of Karma is no joke.

Ask Northerners how it feels now that they are under attack from Boko Haram. It used to be Igbos slaughtered in the North but karma has its ways, now the killers are killing themselves.

It will be your turn soon, the Children of Hate and Venom:
A day shall come when you will see no Biafran to hate and your hate and venom shall visit you by your own people.

10 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Senator Yerima: "Biafra Struggle Is Legitimate" - Daily Times by Nobody: 11:41am On Dec 02, 2015
It is never a crime for self determination, this move will only be seen as a crime by those who are desperate to rule and those who want to remain as a slave. We are not practicing federalism or democracy... A bunch of people want to rule for life, others slave for life while others want freedom!

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Senator Yerima: "Biafra Struggle Is Legitimate" - Daily Times by kozmokaz(m): 11:42am On Dec 02, 2015
saltbelly:
its OK. It would soon filter online. Blocking roads does not disrupt economic activities right? People are stranded at hradbridge Onitsha and other parts of SE
were u expecting dem to go and protest in d Bush?

protest are done were d impact would b felt and if blocking d road will make d fed govt act; den so be it !!
Re: Senator Yerima: "Biafra Struggle Is Legitimate" - Daily Times by omegatwelve: 11:42am On Dec 02, 2015
Re: Senator Yerima: "Biafra Struggle Is Legitimate" - Daily Times by Nobody: 11:43am On Dec 02, 2015
Exactly what I wrote, 'am happy people are thinking and reasonable.

My dear, stop writing what you don't know.
Biafra agitation has been on, even before, during and after GEJ Administration. It didn't escalate during past administrations because they were careful about it. To further explain how wrong you're, MASSOB, sometime last year, tried to hijack ESBS To make a live broadcast in Enugu but they were stopped by armed forces, arrests made. But what GEJ didn't do was arresting people during peaceful protest, or arresting Nnamdi Kanu.

Now, see how Buhari got it wrong and stirred up the agitation. After election, Nigeria was more than ever divided, the country was tensed. The right thing wasn't arresting peaceful protesters or arresting their head, Nnamdi Kanu. The south East has a legitimate complaint of marginalisation, the right approach was to reposition his government and work towards fair governance to all Nigerians, but he rather went after peaceful protesters who has been quietly agitating without media attention, even Radio biafra wasn't that popular until Buhari arrested Kanu. He kept making inflammatory comments, 5% comes to mind, not to mention the one sided federal appointments. These things made a quiet fraction of MASSOB And the always Vocal IPOB to intensify the agitation. Trust media, they made then celebrities at once.

I never listened to radio biafra, but from report about use of words by Nnamdi Kanu, I believe he has some questions to answer but arresting him at this time was ill timed, he wasn't important at the moment. But Buhari has made him important.

We are surviving, we aren't the worst region in Nigeria, even with all the marginalisation, economic, educational indices and other indices proves that. Someone like me would not support Biafra if the Nigeria government can be fair. I see no reason why other regions will have international airport, some regions even got two, but non in the south East, after 52 years of existence of Nigeria, more than half a century. It's pure wickedness, such suppressed people has every right to agitate.

Zico5:
Some of the so called leaders re just kids who still need direction. If someone of Yerima status can state something like this then his brain should be checked. The main question is why this so called agitation were not in place during GEJ era when igbo were at the fore front of this government. As well, no one is saying igbo should not be on their own. But any region that want to bring down the well being of this nation need harsh treatment. I agree that south east can stand alone cos they contribute little or nothing to this nation but bringing any part of the nation for their agitation is total war. I wish to state that Nigeria will not condone any act that may destroy the unity of our great nation.

saintandsinnerz:

Yes you are right, not all Igbos want Biafra, but based on what I'm seeing and the vibes and sentiment about Biafra anytime i travel home; i can tell you a lot of Igbos have been caught up with the Biafran agitation. A lot of people support it now with all seriousness. I really don't know what brought about these renewed and intensified agitations, but a lot of Igbos have really keyed in into it. Don't be deceived with what they are saying online that the agitation and protests are being carried out by touts. This is a very fat lie! The last protests i witnessed has a lot of quality people that i never knew will identify with such protest openly. My brother, if they should organize a referendum now, I'm very sure a lot of Igbos will vote to have Biafra. Don't be deceived by those who say they don't give a shiit about Biafra, when the time comes you will see them voting in favour of Biafra. I heard from grapevine the last time i travelled that many prominent Igbo sons and daughters both in diaspora and home are supporting the cause both financially and otherwise. The only person I'm blaming for this renewed agitation is Buhari, his 5% comment, the lopsided appointment he made and the arrest of Nnamdi Kanu fueled the renewed agitations. He should have ignored him. Don't forget that Nnamdi Kanu started this struggle during Jonathan's administration, but he was able to prevent the agitation from spiralling by just ignoring them and giving the Igbos a sense of belonging in his Govt.
Re: Senator Yerima: "Biafra Struggle Is Legitimate" - Daily Times by Nobody: 11:45am On Dec 02, 2015
sukkot:
but you are wrong. there is strength in diversity. each person bring their strengths to the table. however the strengths in our diversity has not been properly harnessed by our leaders. so we all should be fighting the oppressors who are the kleptocracy, not this little nonsense side biafran adventure that you are embarking on. no nation in this world is homogeneous. every successful nation comprises of a mixture of different races and tribes. the most succeful nations in the world are the most diversified. point being you biafrans are being myopic with this your homogeneous dream

Strength in diversity but unity. I agree. But does kitty cats have any strength at all to bring to table? Then again, how can kitty cats survive or show it potentials in the present of lions?
So if ordinary citizen of Nigeria like you could term some lions and others as kitty cats, is there any hope of harnessing these strengths and potentials?
You as a leader calling Biafra agitation myopic and little nonsense means that you like other of leaders who have in many ways fail to address the truths in Nigeria.

8 Likes

Re: Senator Yerima: "Biafra Struggle Is Legitimate" - Daily Times by suwalee(f): 11:45am On Dec 02, 2015
Lanceslot:
Idiiot if Nnamdi is fighting for his stomach he would've been released long time ago... Btw we all know your Edo state is not part of Biafra, no argument on that.
did u rly come to my mention to throw shade at me dude if u dnt like my comment learn to ignore must u shade ppl on comments they make how can u gain freedom wen ua aggressive Boutit. U shld apologize tho
Re: Senator Yerima: "Biafra Struggle Is Legitimate" - Daily Times by tonychristopher: 11:47am On Dec 02, 2015
I just don't get it

Why us it that a country is so afraid to let Igbo go

It means that Igbo are the most important people in Nigeria

Take it or leave it

5 Likes

Re: Senator Yerima: "Biafra Struggle Is Legitimate" - Daily Times by Liftkid(m): 11:52am On Dec 02, 2015
livinbygrace:

You are a bastard for saying Yorubas are coward.Nonsense!!

You are just as brainless as bubu. It was your brother who said so, ode!

2 Likes

Re: Senator Yerima: "Biafra Struggle Is Legitimate" - Daily Times by saltbelly: 11:52am On Dec 02, 2015
kozmokaz:
were u expecting dem to go and protest in d Bush?

protest are done were d impact would b felt and if blocking d road will make d fed govt act; den so be it !!
this is what people say when the heat isn't affecting them yet. I guess u have no stake in the east. igbos I know that support Biafra are not willing to pay any price. They complain when they are asked not to open their shops. They are always like "must we be made to suffer by our own people?" "Must we close our shops whenever NNAMDI KANU goes to court?"

1 Like

Re: Senator Yerima: "Biafra Struggle Is Legitimate" - Daily Times by kozmokaz(m): 11:55am On Dec 02, 2015
saltbelly:
this is what people say when the heat isn't affecting them yet. The igbos I know that support Biafra are not willing to pay any price. They complain when they are asked not to open their shops. They are always like "must we be made to suffer by our own people?" "Must we close our shops whenever NNAMDI KANU goes to court?"

den dat person should question his / her mum who his real father s
Re: Senator Yerima: "Biafra Struggle Is Legitimate" - Daily Times by sukkot: 11:56am On Dec 02, 2015
charlzchudi:

Strength in diversity but unity. I agree. But does kitty cats have any strength at all to bring to table? Then again, how can kitty cats survive or show it potentials in the present of lions?

So if ordinary citizen of Nigeria like you could term some lions and others as kitty cats, is there any hope of harnessing these strengths and potentials?
You as a leader calling Biafra agitation myopic and little nonsense means that you like other of leaders who have in many ways fail to address the truths in Nigeria.
thats why you need good leadership to organize the division of labor based on the strengths of the different people. hausas are known to not be scared of death. so you utilize that strength by putting them in the army. yorubas are known to be the best administrators so you utilize that. igbos are good business men so you utilize that strength. use everyones strenght. thats the quality of a good leader. harness the strenghts of the various groups. identify their stregths and weaknesses. so what we have is a paucity of leadership. this your biafran agitation is just a distraction and is not the solution. in fact it will end up being a disaster for you because too many cooks on the same boat is bad. every igbo man wants to get rich by any means necessary so a nation full of igbo people only will be full of kidnappers and armed robbers and organized crime and heavy drug trafficking crimes etc etc. you cant have too many people with the same mindset on the same ship or it will sink
Re: Senator Yerima: "Biafra Struggle Is Legitimate" - Daily Times by simplisity(m): 11:56am On Dec 02, 2015
Sharp man! I dont know y whenever this name Biafra is mentioned, Fear will catch up the whole Nigeria, even the security personel?

3 Likes

Re: Senator Yerima: "Biafra Struggle Is Legitimate" - Daily Times by ODUBEZE: 11:57am On Dec 02, 2015
happney65:
But do an average Ibo Man or Woman really wants to leave Nigeria?To me the clamour for biafra is just from a minute few..Ibo's are all over Nigeria doing good..Inter tribal Marriages,Have got an Ibo girlfriend who doesnt even give a hoot about Biafra..Have got ibo friend's..I mean i think this clamour is just from a few nowadays and not the general ibo..My Take
Referendum will settle that.

2 Likes

Re: Senator Yerima: "Biafra Struggle Is Legitimate" - Daily Times by 49cents(m): 12:00pm On Dec 02, 2015
Jyah01:
We the Niger deltan r not going to join the biafara we only need resource control.

Niger deltans will boast "warri no dey carry last" but you guys are becoming spineless and cowardly...imagine your state government sponsoring artlices in financial times for PMB

U guys have been successfully devided by the north hence they rule

5 Likes

Re: Senator Yerima: "Biafra Struggle Is Legitimate" - Daily Times by katki: 12:03pm On Dec 02, 2015
Yes.allow the igbos to go peacefully.

3 Likes

Re: Senator Yerima: "Biafra Struggle Is Legitimate" - Daily Times by 49cents(m): 12:04pm On Dec 02, 2015
sukkot:
thats why you need good leadership to organize the division of labor based on the strengths of the different people. hausas are known to not be scared of death. so you utilize that strength by putting them in the army. yorubas are known to be the best administrators so you utilize that. igbos are good business men so you utilize that strength. use everyones strenght. thats the quality of a good leader. harness the strenghts of the various groups. identify their stregths and weaknesses. so what we have is a paucity of leadership. this your biafran agitation is just a distraction and is not the solution. in fact it will end up being a disaster for you because too many cooks on the same boat is bad. every igbo man wants to get rich by any means necessary so a nation full of igbo people only will be full of kidnappers and armed robbers and organized crime and heavy drug trafficking crimes etc etc. you cant have too many people with the same mindset on the same ship or it will sink

Before Nigeria existed igbos co-existed peacefully and same with the yoruba nation so what's the deal?

3 Likes

Re: Senator Yerima: "Biafra Struggle Is Legitimate" - Daily Times by bongolistik(m): 12:06pm On Dec 02, 2015
Zico5:
Some of the so called leaders re just kids who still need direction. If someone of Yerima status can state something like this then his brain should be checked. The main question is why this so called agitation were not in place during GEJ era when igbo were at the fore front of this government. As well, no one is saying igbo should not be on their own. But any region that want to bring down the well being of this nation need harsh treatment. I agree that south east can stand alone cos they contribute little or nothing to this nation but bringing any part of the nation for their agitation is total war. I wish to state that Nigeria will not condone any act that may destroy the unity of our great nation.
one thing I understand in life is that people will always have something to say. I bet you if it had happened during GEJ time, you same will come out and say that it is because GEJ is in government that is why the Biafran are having the gods to protest and going feee; you will even add that they can't even try it if it was Buhari that is in charge, that Buhari will finish them up. Now it is the other way round and you still came up with something to say. For people like Yerima to come out and speak out his mind in a meaningful way, you are still living in self and truth denial. Keep it up

5 Likes

Re: Senator Yerima: "Biafra Struggle Is Legitimate" - Daily Times by Spybradd: 12:06pm On Dec 02, 2015
Leopardd:
One thing about truth is that, even if you put it upside down and hit on the concrete floor many times, it is still the truth. cheesy

Lalasticlala, good morning, this needs to grace FP to balance the anti-Biafra views many hold. It is fair that you put it there too.

1 Like

Re: Senator Yerima: "Biafra Struggle Is Legitimate" - Daily Times by mideactive: 12:07pm On Dec 02, 2015
Flat head!must u always insult a particular tribe 2 make ur point?I'm yet 2 see any of our yoruba leaders fighting against ur biafran dream..it's ur battle,fight it.if u win fine,if u loose fine.I don't see hw dat is a business of d yorubas..abi yoruba land dey part of ur Biafrian map again?

Liftkid:
Please tell the brainless dictator!

They All know The Truth and they are saying it one after the other.
A yoruba man wrote some few minutes ago.
I have brainstormed about Biafra, as a Yoruba man I just wanna say, I think this is a matter of National interest, which requires absolute care, if the government does anyhow with it, it could cause another Instability, loss of life and property.
I see people who are soaked in their belief, radicalised and won't give up unless they die or actualise their aim.
I know some people will come and rubbish this as nonsense but let's remember one thing there is no burning bush that does not start without a small little flame.
As for we Yorubas, I hope our cowardice does not lead us to extinction and mediocrity
Re: Senator Yerima: "Biafra Struggle Is Legitimate" - Daily Times by CharleyCharley: 12:09pm On Dec 02, 2015
suwalee:
I'm SS I jst hope dey don't join all dis yeeBos to leave naija cos at the end dey ain't trustworthy nnamdi Kalu is fighting for his own stomach wen d country divides that's wen we will kno if they all mean well for us I still stand for a one nigeria

You're a sickler & you're this stvpid?

Your case is indeed hopeless. undecided

1 Like

Re: Senator Yerima: "Biafra Struggle Is Legitimate" - Daily Times by sukkot: 12:11pm On Dec 02, 2015
49cents:

Before Nigeria existed igbos co-existed peacefully and same with the yoruba nation so what's the deal?

thats a big lie. igbos did not co-exist peacefully. there was a high incidence of cannibalism and warfare and violence in igbo enclaves. you walked around nak-ed, fighting in town squares for new yam etc. but look at you today ? you are now cosmopolitan because you joined the nigerian fold. this nigerian thing has helped the igbo tribe more than any other tribe in nigeria. you have benefited the most from it
Re: Senator Yerima: "Biafra Struggle Is Legitimate" - Daily Times by Spybradd: 12:12pm On Dec 02, 2015
sukkot:
keep ur advice and lamentations to urself or better still,shove it into ur goddamm arsse..

6 Likes

Re: Senator Yerima: "Biafra Struggle Is Legitimate" - Daily Times by Horus(m): 12:13pm On Dec 02, 2015

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vy1uve-2aBg

[size=15pt]To Biafra & Afenifere Agitators: Only Election Losers Are Clamoring for Secession -Joe Igbokwe[/size]

In a comment during the press conference by The Igbo Conscience (TIC) about the agitation for State of Biafra, Joe Igbokwe said only those who lost an election have always clamored for secession in Nigeria.
Re: Senator Yerima: "Biafra Struggle Is Legitimate" - Daily Times by ODUBEZE: 12:16pm On Dec 02, 2015
BiafranPrince:

http://dailytimes.com.ng/biafra-igbo-legitimate-struggle-yerima/
Though I have a different view with Sen. Sani Yerima on his stance on child marriage but I must say this is the most sensible, critical and well articulated speech on BIAFRA so far from one of our leading citizens.
---
It has further renewed a hope in me that if U truly open your mind, there are still people out there (Muslims) who are fair and not afraid to say the truth!
---
Yerima have just emphasized the truth which any learned Nigerian know but afraid to say BUT it baffles me to ask, doesn't PMB know the constitution?
---
Where are our activist who has filled our heads with how they always stand for the truth, where are they?
---
I read of recent how one IPOB was killed and buried with Biafra flag while protesting for his constitutional right!
---
PMB is staining his hands with blood everyday!
It is not by force to be together! we can coexist!
Enough is Enough!

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Senator Yerima: "Biafra Struggle Is Legitimate" - Daily Times by Spybradd: 12:17pm On Dec 02, 2015
sukkot sukkGOATt grin:
thats a big lie. igbos did not co-exist peacefully. there was a high incidence of cannibalism and warfare and violence in igbo enclaves. you walked around nak-ed, fighting in town squares for new yam etc. but look at you today ? you are now cosmopolitan because you joined the nigerian fold. this nigerian thing has helped the igbo tribe more than any other tribe in nigeria. you have benefited the most from it
GIANT EWU grin

2 Likes

Re: Senator Yerima: "Biafra Struggle Is Legitimate" - Daily Times by obyson: 12:17pm On Dec 02, 2015
truth is always bitter, but it takes courage to do so. this alone tells me that among the corrupt leaders , there is still some honest fellow, God bless Biafrans

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Senator Yerima: "Biafra Struggle Is Legitimate" - Daily Times by sukkot: 12:20pm On Dec 02, 2015
Spybradd:

GIANT EWU grin
grin grin grin grin grin grin grin wink

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply)

Philip Shuaibu Street Credibility Campaign / President Buhari Resumes Office After Election Break(photos) / Wike Is FCT Minister, Umahi Works Minister - Vanguard

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 83
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.