Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,540 members, 7,955,006 topics. Date: Saturday, 21 September 2024 at 02:18 PM

Senator Yerima: "Biafra Struggle Is Legitimate" - Daily Times - Politics (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Senator Yerima: "Biafra Struggle Is Legitimate" - Daily Times (49436 Views)

Buhari Set To Increase Workers' Salaries - Daily Times / How Buhari’s TSA Saved Nigeria Billions Of Naira - Daily Times / Abia State Pioneers Cement Based Roads. Daily Times. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Senator Yerima: "Biafra Struggle Is Legitimate" - Daily Times by LOUISXIV: 10:46am On Dec 02, 2015
saintandsinnerz:

Yes you are right, not all Igbos want Biafra, but based on what I'm seeing and the vibes and sentiment about Biafra anytime i travel home; i can tell you a lot of Igbos have been caught up with the Biafran agitation. A lot of people support it now with all seriousness. I really don't know what brought about these renewed and intensified agitations, but a lot of Igbos have really keyed in into it. Don't be deceived with what they are saying online that the agitation and protests are being carried out by touts. This is a very fat lie! The last protests i witnessed has a lot of quality people that i never knew will identify with such protest openly. My brother, if they should organize a referendum now, I'm very sure a lot of Igbos will vote to have Biafra. Don't be deceived by those who say they don't give a shiit about Biafra, when the time comes you will see them voting in favour of Biafra. I heard from grapevine the last time i travelled that many prominent Igbo sons and daughters both in diaspora and home are supporting the cause both financially and otherwise. The only person I'm blaming for this renewed agitation is Buhari, his 5% comment, the lopsided appointment he made and the arrest of Nnamdi Kanu fueled the renewed agitations. He should have ignored him. Don't forget that Nnamdi Kanu started this struggle during Jonathan's administration, but he was able to prevent the agitation from spiralling by just ignoring them and giving the Igbos a sense of belonging in his Govt.
the best comment hv seen on nl since time imo river....mwaah!

3 Likes

Re: Senator Yerima: "Biafra Struggle Is Legitimate" - Daily Times by chaberry(m): 10:48am On Dec 02, 2015
happney65:
But do an average Ibo Man or Woman really wants to leave Nigeria?To me the clamour for biafra is just from a minute few..Ibo's are all over Nigeria doing good..Inter tribal Marriages,Have got an Ibo girlfriend who doesnt even give a hoot about Biafra..Have got ibo friend's..I mean i think this clamour is just from a few nowadays and not the general ibo..My Take
Just STFU, everybody now claiming he have an Igbo girlfriend, what stop you from dating someone from your own tribe? For your information every Igbo person is consciously or unconsciously supporting Biafra whether home or abroad

2 Likes

Re: Senator Yerima: "Biafra Struggle Is Legitimate" - Daily Times by saltbelly: 10:51am On Dec 02, 2015
kozmokaz:

and average Igbo man actually locked up his shop just to show solidarity for ipbo and u still asking if dey are in support !?

don't worry bro... a referendum will tell u better!
but they did not close their shops willingly but with coercion. Even after forcing them, they still opened their shops until you guys started destroying their goods.
Re: Senator Yerima: "Biafra Struggle Is Legitimate" - Daily Times by Nobody: 10:53am On Dec 02, 2015
Laid2001:
"Omo ale tii fi owo osi juwe ile baba re"

Above is if you are YORUBA at all.

As for the Igbos, it is quite simple to get their Biafra with the following steps; I can assure u its going to work out successfully. if u can unite and follow the following steps then I can tell you, welcome to the Republic of Biafra in advance.
STEP 1
withdraw all ur services from Nigeria and render the Nigerians as u are the backbone of the country
STEP 2
Withdraw your kinsmen who are public office holders e.g Ike Ekweremadu, deputy senate president, Peter Obi the D.G of S.E.C
STEP 3
Reject all the ministerial nomination from the so called Nigeria.
STEP 4
Endeavour to reject Federal Allocation. u re very industrious people u will be better off without it
STEP 5
Stop all form of importation through the Nigerian sea port so that Nigeria will crumble without ur Tax
STEP 6
Recall all your sons and daughters from all parts of Nigeria to relocate to home until this fight is over then Nigeria can beg them to come back as expatriate
STEP 7
Lock up all ur shops in idumota, Alaba international, Kano main market, and every other market even in the remote villages across the country.
STEP 8
Go beyond closing of the Niger bridge stop all Nigerians from buying or selling in Onitsha Main market or Ariaria market in Aba.
STEP 9
Make sure u make ur Visa very hard for Nigerians.
STEP 10
This fight can be achieved without Violence just like south Sudan. Finally, make sure u dont fight it with weapons.
Igbo kwenu!!! hee!

#Step 10,this will call for a REFERENDUM,and do note that most of the Niger Deltan Youths are not part of the-so-much-agitated-for country of BIAFRA.To my fellow Niger Deltan Youths,don't you noticed that when the BIAFRANIANS talked of Indigenous people of Biafra,it is always about the Igbos?
I am not against the Igbos cause( I have good friends from the Igbo ethnic nationality),but the truth must be told.

It is so sad that most of the so-called agitators are youths who have not even read the history of the Nigerian Civil War,most are being driven by propaganda,just the same way Ojukwu did then.

The 'BIAFRAN' YOUTHS don't know that their elders occupy key positions in all stratas of the country?

Well,I wish them well in their so-called agitation.
Re: Senator Yerima: "Biafra Struggle Is Legitimate" - Daily Times by Jyah01: 10:55am On Dec 02, 2015
We the Niger deltan r not going to join the biafara we only need resource control.
Re: Senator Yerima: "Biafra Struggle Is Legitimate" - Daily Times by Nobody: 10:56am On Dec 02, 2015
People from the South West will not like this News..... SW might sink alone in this drowning ship called Nigeria, their masters are already wising up
Re: Senator Yerima: "Biafra Struggle Is Legitimate" - Daily Times by 49cents(m): 10:57am On Dec 02, 2015
PassingShot:

That you expect everyone to reason like Yerima says a lot about you. You're emotional and irrational. Done with you!

LOL i remember the long episode you wrote me at the wake of Buhari's emergence about Ndigbos and now that Ndigbos is "rubbishing" your little political gain of having a commissioner vice president via a biafran agition you start winning and wishing that Buhari was a military dictator again.....and that says you are self seeking, confused tribal bigot who lacks a comscience or nobility.

Never you come near any pro-biafran thread to spew your cowardly remarks.....

Igbos are fearless and not spineless crooks and bootlickers mentors that have sold you to slavery

6 Likes

Re: Senator Yerima: "Biafra Struggle Is Legitimate" - Daily Times by kozmokaz(m): 10:59am On Dec 02, 2015
saltbelly:
but they did not close their shops willingly but with coercion. Even after forcing them, they still opened their shops until you guys started destroying their goods.
were u there?

ppl self...

3 Likes

Re: Senator Yerima: "Biafra Struggle Is Legitimate" - Daily Times by Nobody: 10:59am On Dec 02, 2015
God bless Yerima for this piece, but that girl he married sha
Re: Senator Yerima: "Biafra Struggle Is Legitimate" - Daily Times by Leopardd(m): 11:00am On Dec 02, 2015
Jyah01:
We the Niger deltan r not going to join the biafara we only need resource control.

Who is stopping you from controlling your resources?

Oh I forgot, it is the Igbo men taking live bullets at head bridge Onitsha because he wants equity, justice and fairness for all.

6 Likes

Re: Senator Yerima: "Biafra Struggle Is Legitimate" - Daily Times by Lanceslot(m): 11:02am On Dec 02, 2015
suwalee:
I'm SS I jst hope dey don't join all dis yeeBos to leave naija cos at the end dey ain't trustworthy nnamdi Kalu is fighting for his own stomach wen d country divides that's wen we will kno if they all mean well for us I still stand for a one nigeria
Idiiot if Nnamdi is fighting for his stomach he would've been released long time ago... Btw we all know your Edo state is not part of Biafra, no argument on that.

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Senator Yerima: "Biafra Struggle Is Legitimate" - Daily Times by richidinho(m): 11:03am On Dec 02, 2015
[quote author=BiafranPrince post=40601348]

its really funny you know but its just that the dnt see what i see this is beyond bf touts making waves they are just been used but they dnt know ok then check it this way it was been said by a nation that Nigeria will separate in 2015 during election but to God be the glory GEJ was more wiser than them he saw it coming their shallow evil plans to make it work as the have spoken so other nation will fear and respect them for their prophetic words but it didnt happen and now they are back with plan B by now shifting to the Igbo boys and reviving the spirit of biafra which has been death for a long time now and the young boys are buying it well i am not in support of stopping any body but shine ur eyes and see the reasons behind the sudden rise of this biafra shit just shine it
Re: Senator Yerima: "Biafra Struggle Is Legitimate" - Daily Times by Nobody: 11:03am On Dec 02, 2015
Ahmeduana:

MORE LIFE OR MORE WIVES?
I for give am Zahra Buhari but don't knew whether she's still a virgin

2 Likes

Re: Senator Yerima: "Biafra Struggle Is Legitimate" - Daily Times by Nobody: 11:03am On Dec 02, 2015
Liftkid:
Please tell the brainless dictator!

They All know The Truth and they are saying it one after the other.
A yoruba man wrote some few minutes ago.
I have brainstormed about Biafra, as a Yoruba man I just wanna say, I think this is a matter of National interest, which requires absolute care, if the government does anyhow with it, it could cause another Instability, loss of life and property.
I see people who are soaked in their belief, radicalised and won't give up unless they die or actualise their aim.
I know some people will come and rubbish this as nonsense but let's remember one thing there is no burning bush that does not start without a small little flame.
As for we Yorubas, I hope our cowardice does not lead us to extinction and mediocrity

I have said this before my SW brothers dont understand how human race go into extinction, When dominant groups emerge they eliminate the weaker ones the reason why we SS have to be part of BIAFRA, already the North is seeing SW as part of their extension, The North is looking at the sea and the only direction they can achieve it is through the SW, the weakest of all because they will always betray each other.

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Senator Yerima: "Biafra Struggle Is Legitimate" - Daily Times by compujyde: 11:04am On Dec 02, 2015

7 Likes

Re: Senator Yerima: "Biafra Struggle Is Legitimate" - Daily Times by Nobody: 11:05am On Dec 02, 2015
sukkot:
thats bullshytt. the truth of the matter is that you cant compete with yoruba and hausa so you are crying and want to have your own place where you will no longer be dominated by yoruba and hausa. see, yoruba and hausa are lions while igbo is kitty cat. so because you cant compete with real lions you want biafra. thats the truth
In your response, you didn't address my team work concept of how a country or company would enjoy to grow. Conversely, you told me how Nigeria is like zoo or animal kingdom- mentioning who are lions and kitty cats. Hence Biafrans are right to term Nigeria ZOO.

What I didn't understand is whether Yoruba and Hausa are in combine lions or separately. If Igbo are kitty cats as you said, what are the positions Igala, Ijaw, fulani, kanuri, Tiv, Nupe, etc in your Nigeria concerted animal kingdom.
My take is this if Nigeria must work, there is no need for lions and kitty cats concept but giving everybody sense of belonging.

2 Likes

Re: Senator Yerima: "Biafra Struggle Is Legitimate" - Daily Times by saltbelly: 11:10am On Dec 02, 2015
kozmokaz:
were u there?

ppl self...
may I never see good in my life if what I said is a lie. One of the guys they spoilt his things retaliated and it almost led to a fight amongst "biafrans". The protest is not peaceful. Period.

1 Like

Re: Senator Yerima: "Biafra Struggle Is Legitimate" - Daily Times by sukkot: 11:11am On Dec 02, 2015
charlzchudi:

In your response, you didn't address my team work concept of how a country or company would enjoy to grow. Conversely, you told me how Nigeria is like zoo or animal kingdom- mentioning who are lions and kitty cats. Hence Biafrans are right to term Nigeria ZOO.

What I didn't understand is whether Yoruba and Hausa are in combine lions or separately. If Igbo are kitty cats as you said, what are Igala, Ijaw, fulani, kanuri, Tiv, Nupe, etc.
My take is this if Nigeria must work, there is no need for lions and kitty cats concept but giving everybody sense of belonging.
but you are wrong. there is strength in diversity. each person bring their strengths to the table. however the strengths in our diversity has not been properly harnessed by our leaders. so we all should be fighting the oppressors who are the kleptocracy, not this little nonsense side biafran adventure that you are embarking on. no nation in this world is homogeneous. every successful nation comprises of a mixture of different races and tribes. the most succeful nations in the world are the most diversified. point being you biafrans are being myopic with this your homogeneous dream
Re: Senator Yerima: "Biafra Struggle Is Legitimate" - Daily Times by kshowhanif: 11:14am On Dec 02, 2015
Dreambeat:
God bless you Yerima for saying the truth

Is the same yerima that many lambasted for wedding a 13 year old girl ooO!
shocked shocked shocked
Re: Senator Yerima: "Biafra Struggle Is Legitimate" - Daily Times by saltbelly: 11:14am On Dec 02, 2015
kozmokaz:
were u there?

ppl self...
information reaching me now is that a fuel tanker has been set ablaze at head bridge, Onitsha. What do u call that? Peace abi?
Re: Senator Yerima: "Biafra Struggle Is Legitimate" - Daily Times by desireoge(f): 11:16am On Dec 02, 2015
Buhari knows d truth but his witch hunting attitude will not let him admit to it.
Re: Senator Yerima: "Biafra Struggle Is Legitimate" - Daily Times by Horlufemi(m): 11:18am On Dec 02, 2015
EasternPride:

That is all he wants all you people saying it is "treasonable felony" to know.
Re: Senator Yerima: "Biafra Struggle Is Legitimate" - Daily Times by Horus(m): 11:19am On Dec 02, 2015

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4lCNojdj5E8

[size=15pt]The Nigerian Army Warns Pro Biafra Agitators To Back Down [/size]
Re: Senator Yerima: "Biafra Struggle Is Legitimate" - Daily Times by Horlufemi(m): 11:20am On Dec 02, 2015
EasternPride:

That is all he wants all you people saying it is "treasonable felony" to know.

Nnamdi KANU will kill anyone who is not Igbo if he has the chance

Re: Senator Yerima: "Biafra Struggle Is Legitimate" - Daily Times by Nobody: 11:20am On Dec 02, 2015
My dear, stop writing what you don't know.
Biafra agitation has been on, even before, during and after GEJ Administration. It didn't escalate during past administrations because they were careful about it. To further explain how wrong you're, MASSOB, sometime last year, tried to hijack ESBS To make a live broadcast in Enugu but they were stopped by armed forces, arrests made. But what GEJ didn't do was arresting people during peaceful protest, or arresting Nnamdi Kanu.

Now, see how Buhari got it wrong and stirred up the agitation. After election, Nigeria was more than ever divided, the country was tensed. The right thing wasn't arresting peaceful protesters or arresting their head, Nnamdi Kanu. The south East has a legitimate complaint of marginalisation, the right approach was to reposition his government and work towards fair governance to all Nigerians, but he rather went after peaceful protesters who has been quietly agitating without media attention, even Radio biafra wasn't that popular until Buhari arrested Kanu. He kept making inflammatory comments, 5% comes to mind, not to mention the one sided federal appointments. These things made a quiet fraction of MASSOB And the always Vocal IPOB to intensify the agitation. Trust media, they made then celebrities at once.

I never listened to radio biafra, but from report about use of words by Nnamdi Kanu, I believe he has some questions to answer but arresting him at this time was ill timed, he wasn't important at the moment. But Buhari has made him important.

We are surviving, we aren't the worst region in Nigeria, even with all the marginalisation, economic, educational indices and other indices proves that. Someone like me would not support Biafra if the Nigeria government can be fair. I see no reason why other regions will have international airport, some regions even got two, but non in the south East, after 52 years of existence of Nigeria, more than half a century. It's pure wickedness, such suppressed people has every right to agitate.

Zico5:
Some of the so called leaders re just kids who still need direction. If someone of Yerima status can state something like this then his brain should be checked. The main question is why this so called agitation were not in place during GEJ era when igbo were at the fore front of this government. As well, no one is saying igbo should not be on their own. But any region that want to bring down the well being of this nation need harsh treatment. I agree that south east can stand alone cos they contribute little or nothing to this nation but bringing any part of the nation for their agitation is total war. I wish to state that Nigeria will not condone any act that may destroy the unity of our great nation.

[

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Senator Yerima: "Biafra Struggle Is Legitimate" - Daily Times by Nobody: 11:24am On Dec 02, 2015
Laid2001:
"Omo ale tii fi owo osi juwe ile baba re"

Above is if you are YORUBA at all.

As for the Igbos, it is quite simple to get their Biafra with the following steps; I can assure u its going to work out successfully. if u can unite and follow the following steps then I can tell you, welcome to the Republic of Biafra in advance.
STEP 1
withdraw all ur services from Nigeria and render the Nigerians as u are the backbone of the country
STEP 2
Withdraw your kinsmen who are public office holders e.g Ike Ekweremadu, deputy senate president, Peter Obi the D.G of S.E.C
STEP 3
Reject all the ministerial nomination from the so called Nigeria.
STEP 4
Endeavour to reject Federal Allocation. u re very industrious people u will be better off without it
STEP 5
Stop all form of importation through the Nigerian sea port so that Nigeria will crumble without ur Tax
STEP 6
Recall all your sons and daughters from all parts of Nigeria to relocate to home until this fight is over then Nigeria can beg them to come back as expatriate
STEP 7
Lock up all ur shops in idumota, Alaba international, Kano main market, and every other market even in the remote villages across the country.
STEP 8
Go beyond closing of the Niger bridge stop all Nigerians from buying or selling in Onitsha Main market or Ariaria market in Aba.
STEP 9
Make sure u make ur Visa very hard for Nigerians.
STEP 10
This fight can be achieved without Violence just like south Sudan. Finally, make sure u dont fight it with weapons.
Igbo kwenu!!! hee!

STEP1 : Conduct referendum
STEP 2: Support and allow Biafra Freedom as a Country
STEP 3: Then we will follow all your STEPS ( 1 to 10) with all our heart

2 Likes

Re: Senator Yerima: "Biafra Struggle Is Legitimate" - Daily Times by Ikem11(m): 11:25am On Dec 02, 2015
TruthisGOD:
Common sense will tell u that a refrendum will take care of that.
good answer

2 Likes

Re: Senator Yerima: "Biafra Struggle Is Legitimate" - Daily Times by treachiz(m): 11:28am On Dec 02, 2015
God's will must be done!

1 Like

Re: Senator Yerima: "Biafra Struggle Is Legitimate" - Daily Times by Ikem11(m): 11:28am On Dec 02, 2015
AwiLand:

STEP1 : Conduct referendum
STEP 2: Support and allow Biafra Freedom as a Country
STEP 3: Then we will follow all your STEPS ( 1 to 10) with all our heart
had it been u are a woman would havr loved to marry u lol. anyway well answered! thumb up

3 Likes

Re: Senator Yerima: "Biafra Struggle Is Legitimate" - Daily Times by ochris03: 11:29am On Dec 02, 2015
saintandsinnerz:

Yes you are right, not all Igbos want Biafra, but based on what I'm seeing and the vibes and sentiment about Biafra anytime i travel home; i can tell you a lot of Igbos have been caught up with the Biafran agitation. A lot of people support it now with all seriousness. I really don't know what brought about these renewed and intensified agitations, but a lot of Igbos have really keyed in into it. Don't be deceived with what they are saying online that the agitation and protests are being carried out by touts. This is a very fat lie! The last protests i witnessed has a lot of quality people that i never knew will identify with such protest openly. My brother, if they should organize a referendum now, I'm very sure a lot of Igbos will vote to have Biafra. Don't be deceived by those who say they don't give a shiit about Biafra, when the time comes you will see them voting in favour of Biafra. I heard from grapevine the last time i travelled that many prominent Igbo sons and daughters both in diaspora and home are supporting the cause both financially and otherwise. The only person I'm blaming for this renewed agitation is Buhari, his 5% comment, the lopsided appointment he made and the arrest of Nnamdi Kanu fueled the renewed agitations. He should have ignored him. Don't forget that Nnamdi Kanu started this struggle during Jonathan's administration, but he was able to prevent the agitation from spiralling by just ignoring them and giving the Igbos a sense of belonging in his Govt.
Brother you have spoken well God will lift up beyond your peers. People keep sayin Nnamdi is greedy that he is fighting for his stomach, someone dat left is comfort zone in UK imagine dat. The eastern and some southern governors are supporting the agitators and recently Uwazurike was expelled as a leader of MASSOB and that he should not parade him self as a leader of the group. That is to show you these young generation of Igbo's will be ruthless like asians when it comes to politicians and government. The world will turn to Nigeria this december if Nnamdi's case gets out of hand. When was the last a nigerian soldier was buried with the nigerian flag. Am from SS but i see yorubas as the biggest enemy to biafra struggle, ur oba's flogs dem threaten to drown dem in d lagoon, the have business all over nigeria and yet complain the have taken ur land when yoruba youths are touts and looting deir shops wit order from tinubu's daughter. Obasanjo committed genocide in SS and noting happened yet u yorubas are sayin kill dem all. God will flood ur land one day. U chased dem out of ur land but u dont want dem to gain biafra. Yoruba sons & daughters will never no peace if dia blood sucking leaders did wat Awolowo and Gowon did again. What do u gain from saying that the nigerian army and police should kill dem all. ur husdands will treat u like nigeria police treats people in their cells and when u say u want out of the marriage he will pour acid on you so dat no man will come close to u, maybe dats when u will recalled wat u have wished for BIAFRANS. Wicked souls[color=#006600][/color]

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Senator Yerima: "Biafra Struggle Is Legitimate" - Daily Times by kozmokaz(m): 11:29am On Dec 02, 2015
saltbelly:
information reaching me now is that a fuel tanker has been set ablaze at head bridge, Onitsha. What do u call that? Peace abi?
pictures ... or I don't belive ...

u guys just want to paint dem black ...

no body has ever reported of violence in any part of d country
Re: Senator Yerima: "Biafra Struggle Is Legitimate" - Daily Times by Franzinni: 11:35am On Dec 02, 2015
Let Biafra come so we can know what's next... Emeka Biafra nor mean say you go dey walk on a street of gold... You go still be Emeka.... Just a biafran!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply)

Fati Attahiru, Wife Of Chief-Of-Army Staff Dies In Kaduna Air Crash (False) / Fresh Revelation On Why Tinubu Made Gbajabiamila CoS - Daily Sun / Senator David Mark Sack Brother, Son And Others

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 80
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.