Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,786 members, 7,851,658 topics. Date: Thursday, 06 June 2024 at 03:59 AM

FIFA Confederations Cup: South Africa '09 Official Thread - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (32) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / FIFA Confederations Cup: South Africa '09 Official Thread (35938 Views)

2 Titles Ranking For The Confederations Cup? / Chelsea Fans Thread : Winners of the FA Cup And League Winners 09/10 / Chelsea Fans Thread : Winners of the FA Cup And League Winners 09/10 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (29) (30) (31) (32) (33) (34) (35) ... (59) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: FIFA Confederations Cup: South Africa '09 Official Thread by Sauron1: 8:23pm On Jun 24, 2009
FBS:

Quite a story. This is becoming.

Vincente Del Bosque would change things around. . . . .

Personally, the 4-1-3-2 Spain deployed in the first half didn't really work.
Alonso was getting pulled out of position as a DM and the Spaniards have been all over the place.
We might see Senna coming in to help Alonso in the middle with Fabregas getting a breather.
4-2-3-1 with Torres leading the line woulda been more effective.
Re: FIFA Confederations Cup: South Africa '09 Official Thread by FBS: 8:24pm On Jun 24, 2009
By the way, it wasn't Pique that he turned. Wasn't it Capdevilla?
Pique was in front chasing back towards goal? No?
Re: FIFA Confederations Cup: South Africa '09 Official Thread by MrCrackles(m): 8:25pm On Jun 24, 2009
Emperoh:

Brashy
I do like you to see this!!

https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-287512.0.html

I read the shit EMP's
WTF is that Rueben Abati dude anyway?
Re: FIFA Confederations Cup: South Africa '09 Official Thread by mykali(m): 8:26pm On Jun 24, 2009
Oguchi is playing like he needs a new club. Manhandlin and dismantling 'em spaniards
Re: FIFA Confederations Cup: South Africa '09 Official Thread by Sauron1: 8:26pm On Jun 24, 2009
FBS:

It wasn't Pique. . . . . .Capdevilla was marking the striker from a wrong angle.
He was the last man. . . . . Why try and get in front when he shoulda stayed with him.
Re: FIFA Confederations Cup: South Africa '09 Official Thread by MrCrackles(m): 8:27pm On Jun 24, 2009
FBS:
I wanted a Brasil vs Spain at the start of the tourney but hey . . .shait happens.
@B, (shait, hope that doesn't sound girlish. , like Beyonce -B) grin
I don't take beer but a cool Schweppes on the Rocks will do.  cool grin
Are you rooting for the Americans?

Yeaaaah boi! grin
I am rooting for the Yank's brethren
I have been doing it, since the start of the tourney tongue
Now dont call me Beyonce dude! angry
Re: FIFA Confederations Cup: South Africa '09 Official Thread by MrCrackles(m): 8:29pm On Jun 24, 2009
mykali:

Oguchi is playing like he needs a new club. Manhandlin and dismantling 'em spaniards

I tell you, dat dude has been immense, unsung hero!
He his good i must say, he didnt cut mustard at NUFC but has done alright at Standard Liege and even prior to coming to Europe!

Go on GOOCH, keep Villa in the pocket, he his a runt! grin
Re: FIFA Confederations Cup: South Africa '09 Official Thread by FBS: 8:32pm On Jun 24, 2009
~Sauron~:

Vincente Del Bosque would change things around. . . . .

Personally, the 4-1-3-2 Spain deployed in the first half didn't really work.
Alonso was getting pulled out of position as a DM and the Spaniards have been all over the place.
We might see Senna coming in to help Alonso in the middle with Fabregas getting a breather.
4-2-3-1 with Torres leading the line woulda been more effective.
Then who goes off?

Capdevilla is the left back and he is having a nightmare of a game.
Re: FIFA Confederations Cup: South Africa '09 Official Thread by Sauron1: 8:33pm On Jun 24, 2009
FBS:

Then who goes off?

Fabregas makes way.
Alonso and Senna to protect Spain's back four cos Capdevilla is having a mare.

Capdevilla is the left back and he is having a nightmare of a game.

He needs protection. . . . .

WHAT A TWIST shot from Villa!!!!!! shocked
What a save from Howard!! cool
Re: FIFA Confederations Cup: South Africa '09 Official Thread by FBS: 8:34pm On Jun 24, 2009
~Sauron~:

It wasn't Pique. . . . . .Capdevilla was marking the striker from a wrong angle.
He was the last man. . . . . Why try and get in front when he shoulda stayed with him.
Yep precisely. I was just commenting on this.

Emperoh: Look at how he turned Pique!!!
Re: FIFA Confederations Cup: South Africa '09 Official Thread by FBS: 8:35pm On Jun 24, 2009
Obama must have had a word with the Americans before this match. They are playing for their lives. cheesy
Re: FIFA Confederations Cup: South Africa '09 Official Thread by FBS: 8:37pm On Jun 24, 2009
Aside the goal . . .Altidore is still a donkey. BIG TIME.
Re: FIFA Confederations Cup: South Africa '09 Official Thread by MrCrackles(m): 8:38pm On Jun 24, 2009
FBS:

Obama must have had a word with the Americans before this match. They are playing for their lives. cheesy

Jeez Obama is played out, leave that dude out of soccer! grin cheesy
Re: FIFA Confederations Cup: South Africa '09 Official Thread by Emperoh(m): 8:39pm On Jun 24, 2009
FBS:

Wow!! My bad!!!Shait happens!!

These Spaniards are all over the place!!
Howard will smell football today!!!

MrCrackles:

I read the shit EMP's
WTF is that Rueben Abati dude anyway?

Na my Oga for The Guardian ooh!!
We'll talk about it later. . . . .after the match!!
Re: FIFA Confederations Cup: South Africa '09 Official Thread by Sauron1: 8:39pm On Jun 24, 2009
FBS:

Obama must have had a word with the Americans before this match. They are playing for their lives.  cheesy

It;s going to be a long night for em.
Spain played into their hands. . . . . .The front 4 shoulda been. . . .Villa, Torres, David Silva and Xavi.
Alonso and Senna to sit and protect their back four. . . .

Cheese n Rice. . . . .How many ex-United players are playing in this tourney?
Re: FIFA Confederations Cup: South Africa '09 Official Thread by MrCrackles(m): 8:40pm On Jun 24, 2009
Emperoh:

Na my Oga for The Guardian ooh!!
We'll talk about it later. . . . .after the match!!

Ok boss! wink
Re: FIFA Confederations Cup: South Africa '09 Official Thread by FBS: 8:40pm On Jun 24, 2009
I phucking hate when players are looking for a soft pen. grrrrrrrrr
Re: FIFA Confederations Cup: South Africa '09 Official Thread by Sauron1: 8:41pm On Jun 24, 2009
FBS:

I phucking hate when players are looking for a soft pen. grrrrrrrrr

Are u saying Senor Xavi dived? grin
Re: FIFA Confederations Cup: South Africa '09 Official Thread by MrCrackles(m): 8:41pm On Jun 24, 2009
~Sauron~:

It;s going to be a long night for em.
Spain played into their hands. . . . . .The front 4 shoulda been. . . .Villa, Torres, David Silva and Xavi.

Alonso and Senna to sit and protect their back four. . . .

Cheese n Rice. . . . .How many ex-United players are playing in this tourney?

Shut up Sharo-Wiwa
Why dont you go out there and sit in the dug-out, barking instructions and sorting things out! grin cheesy
Re: FIFA Confederations Cup: South Africa '09 Official Thread by Emperoh(m): 8:42pm On Jun 24, 2009
MrCrackles:

Jeez Obama is played out, leave that dude out of soccer! grin cheesy
Try B-ball. . . . he was a team captain!!

Just a matter of time before the Spaniards score!!
Re: FIFA Confederations Cup: South Africa '09 Official Thread by FBS: 8:42pm On Jun 24, 2009
MrCrackles:

Yeaaaah boi! grin
I am rooting for the Yank's brethren
I have been doing it, since the start of the tourney tongue
Now dont call me Beyonce dude! angry

grin grin grin

But do you think The Yanks can pull this off?
Re: FIFA Confederations Cup: South Africa '09 Official Thread by Cristalz(f): 8:43pm On Jun 24, 2009
The Americans have got determination.  .  .grit. They want this badly and they're playing like it too. Spain want it, but they aren't playing as hard, aren't playing like it's do or die.

And, the USA's defense is tight. Very efficient. A lot better than the Spanish defense. The Spaniards need to get their act together.

@FBS
Call him 'B' jo.  .  .it fits. grin  

@B
Better accept it grin
Re: FIFA Confederations Cup: South Africa '09 Official Thread by FBS: 8:44pm On Jun 24, 2009
~Sauron~:

Are u saying Senor Xavi dived? grin
erm em . . well, he tried to.  grin
Re: FIFA Confederations Cup: South Africa '09 Official Thread by MrCrackles(m): 8:45pm On Jun 24, 2009
Cristalz:

@FBS
Call him 'B' jo.  .  .it fits. grin  

@B
Better accept it grin

angry angry angry angry angry angry grin cheesy
Re: FIFA Confederations Cup: South Africa '09 Official Thread by FBS: 8:45pm On Jun 24, 2009
The Yanks are sitting too deep. That might be a mistake.
They ain't that fast on the counter or are they?
Re: FIFA Confederations Cup: South Africa '09 Official Thread by honeric01(m): 8:46pm On Jun 24, 2009
Guys, I'm not watching the match but who is pressing who? And how is the trend shaping
Re: FIFA Confederations Cup: South Africa '09 Official Thread by FBS: 8:48pm On Jun 24, 2009
ME thinks aside formation, The USA are playing with more determination.
The Spaniards on the other hand are playing as if its a friendly. cheesy
Re: FIFA Confederations Cup: South Africa '09 Official Thread by Cristalz(f): 8:48pm On Jun 24, 2009
Damn. As painful as it is, got to go now guys. Unavoidable errand to run. angry Dunno why it can't wait till tomorrow. angry angry

Will have to record. sad Thank God for PVR, but it still doesn't beat live.

Don't disappoint me, Spain. I've still not recovered from Egypt's blow.
Re: FIFA Confederations Cup: South Africa '09 Official Thread by Emperoh(m): 8:49pm On Jun 24, 2009
FBS:

grin grin grin
But do you think The Yanks can pull this off?

Don't really think so but the way these Americans built their defense, will make Spain sweat for it!!
Still some good time left to play.

Cristalz:

The Americans have got determination.  .  .grit. They want this badly and they're playing like it too. Spain want it, but they aren't playing as hard, aren't playing like it's do or die.

And, the USA's defense is tight. Very efficient. A lot better than the Spanish defense. The Spaniards need to get their act together.
Spain ain't known for grit and all that.
They have a sleek and smooth way of getting their things done. if it doesn't work for them that way, then its not just their day.
I wanna see a Brazil v Espagne final!!!
Re: FIFA Confederations Cup: South Africa '09 Official Thread by MrCrackles(m): 8:49pm On Jun 24, 2009
honeric01:

Guys, I'm not watching the match but who is pressing who? And how is the trend shaping

A Murphy Richards is pressing my New&Lingwood Shirt! tongue
Re: FIFA Confederations Cup: South Africa '09 Official Thread by Sauron1: 8:49pm On Jun 24, 2009
MrCrackles:

Shut up Sharo-Wiwa
Why dont you go out there and sit in the dug-out, barking instructions and sorting things out! grin cheesy

Your seminal fluid has leaked into your brain-cells again.
We need to sort this out ASAP. I am calling Dr. Singh!!!!
Re: FIFA Confederations Cup: South Africa '09 Official Thread by Emperoh(m): 8:52pm On Jun 24, 2009
r a m o s s s s s!!!!!!!!!

(1) (2) (3) ... (29) (30) (31) (32) (33) (34) (35) ... (59) (Reply)

Sevilla Vs Manchester United : UCL (0 - 0) On 21st February 2018 / Chelsea Vs Brentford (1 - 4) On 2nd April 2022 / Fulham Vs Chelsea (2 - 1) On 12th January 2023

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.