Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,445 members, 7,830,222 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 06:02 PM

FIFA Confederations Cup: South Africa '09 Official Thread - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (29) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / FIFA Confederations Cup: South Africa '09 Official Thread (35628 Views)

2 Titles Ranking For The Confederations Cup? / Chelsea Fans Thread : Winners of the FA Cup And League Winners 09/10 / Chelsea Fans Thread : Winners of the FA Cup And League Winners 09/10 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (26) (27) (28) (29) (30) (31) (32) ... (59) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: FIFA Confederations Cup: South Africa '09 Official Thread by Olaolufred(m): 2:16pm On Jun 23, 2009
RSA,

Thank God you said you are a Brazillian supporter.
Nothing can make SA shock Brazil.
If you think of African Countries that can shock the Kings of soccer,
SA is completely out of it.

Brazil will conveniently give me 3 solid goals.

Bafana will be so frustrated that each member of the team will have a yellow card each.

A red card is sure.

In the Congregation of African Soccer Nations, SA is still in her 13th century.

SIO.
Re: FIFA Confederations Cup: South Africa '09 Official Thread by RuuDie(m): 3:02pm On Jun 23, 2009
The Pharoahs can only blame emselves. . . . they had the Azurris on the ropes and didn't have the balls to go for the jugular. A victory by 2 or 3 goals would'a served them much better!

Praying fervently for USA to upset the odds tomorrow grin
Re: FIFA Confederations Cup: South Africa '09 Official Thread by yousouph(m): 3:21pm On Jun 23, 2009
@RuuDie. Pray as long as you can. Looking ahead to BRA V SPAIN in da final
Re: FIFA Confederations Cup: South Africa '09 Official Thread by RSA(m): 3:56pm On Jun 23, 2009
Olaolufred:

RSA,
Thank God you said you are a Brazillian supporter.
Nothing can make SA shock Brazil.
If you think of African Countries that can shock the Kings of soccer,
SA is completely out of it.
Brazil will conveniently give me 3 solid goals.
Bafana will be so frustrated that each member of the team will have a yellow card each.
A red card is sure.
In the Congregation of African Soccer Nations, SA is still in her 13th century.
SIO.
I am sure after saying this you feel much better grin grin.I am happy SA can contribute in releaving your stress grin
How about we wait for thursday and comeback here and talk during the game?  grin
Re: FIFA Confederations Cup: South Africa '09 Official Thread by sirwebs(m): 7:10pm On Jun 23, 2009
@RSA do you smoke anything? Tell me you'r joking.
Re: FIFA Confederations Cup: South Africa '09 Official Thread by aieromon(m): 10:34pm On Jun 23, 2009
@all
Why is everyone hatin' RSA?Afterall,the last time i checked,it wasn't a crime to support a mediocre team.please,give him a break!
Re: FIFA Confederations Cup: South Africa '09 Official Thread by mukina2: 11:21pm On Jun 23, 2009
Hating or not, as long as the vuvuselas get kicked out on thursday grin cheesy thats all cheesy
Re: FIFA Confederations Cup: South Africa '09 Official Thread by Grizzly(m): 12:10am On Jun 24, 2009
Sure mukks, the "vuzez" will be blown away.
Re: FIFA Confederations Cup: South Africa '09 Official Thread by malaika(f): 7:00am On Jun 24, 2009
::
Re: FIFA Confederations Cup: South Africa '09 Official Thread by yoruba: 7:57am On Jun 24, 2009
Lets jus face it, SA is a good sporting nation except for football.
Re: FIFA Confederations Cup: South Africa '09 Official Thread by Jarus(m): 9:34am On Jun 24, 2009
@RSA et al,

There is one proverb in my tribe that says "T'omode ba soogun, egbe e lonfibaja" literally meaning 'if a child does a fighting charm, it can only be effective against his mate''

Surprises truly do happen in football. But BB beating this Brazil team is absolute impossibility. Forget about it, no surprise it.
Re: FIFA Confederations Cup: South Africa '09 Official Thread by yoruba: 9:44am On Jun 24, 2009
Well SA dominates Africa in other sports(except in football and long distance running), it wouldnt be fair if they play good in football?
Re: FIFA Confederations Cup: South Africa '09 Official Thread by khanye(m): 11:02am On Jun 24, 2009
[size=14pt]MATCH FACTS[/size]

[b]Head-to-head

- Spain have won all three previous encounters against the USA. They emerged 3-1 victors in the group stages of the 1950 World Cup, and claimed friendly wins in 1992 (2-0) and 2008 (1-0).

Spain

- Spain are on a world record streak of 15 consecutive wins. Italy were the last side to deny them victory within 90 minutes; they drew 0-0 in the quarter-finals of Euro 2008 before Spain won on penalties.

- Spain have also equalled the world record for most successive international matches without defeat (35), which was first set by Brazil (1993-1996).

- Coach Vicente del Bosque has won all 13 of his matches in charge. He is the first ever national team coach to start with at least 10 successive wins.

- Spain have only conceded twice during their 15-match winning streak. Belgium's Wesley Sonck and Turkey's Semih Senturk are the only players to have breached the Spanish defence in 1,350 minutes.

- A goal for David Villa would see him equal Ronaldinho's 1999 Confederations Cup feat of scoring in four straight games.

USA

- The United States are making their fourth appearance at the Confederations Cup. They finished third in both 1992 and 1999. Only Brazil (26) and Mexico (19) have played more Confederations Cup matches.

- USA became the first country to progress from a Confederations Cup group stage with three points since the introduction of the current eight-team format in 1997.

- The only goal the USA have ever scored against Spain was 59 years ago. John Souza scored after 17 minutes in their 3-1 World Cup defeat in 1950.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport2/hi/football/internationals/8114585.stm
Re: FIFA Confederations Cup: South Africa '09 Official Thread by mukina2: 11:25am On Jun 24, 2009
Grizzly:

Sure mukks, the "vuzez" will be blown away.

i am waiting to count the goals grin they should be stunned and stop blowing those noisy things grin angry
Re: FIFA Confederations Cup: South Africa '09 Official Thread by Kx: 11:29am On Jun 24, 2009
When the goals starts coming,1,2,3,4 and counting,Vuvuzela sound will be dead.
Re: FIFA Confederations Cup: South Africa '09 Official Thread by RSA(m): 11:38am On Jun 24, 2009
sirwebs:

@RSA do you smoke anything? Tell me you'r joking.

Yes I smoke malawian weed but also like swazi weed grin but I'm not joking we've young talented players with the right set of mind can do the job tomoro.I am not joking and you know it.
aieromon:

@all
Why is everyone hatin' RSA?Afterall,the last time i checked,it wasn't a crime to support a mediocre team.please,give him a break!
@aiemoron,you're a joke,you should go enter Lagos got talent show grin
yoruba:

Well SA dominates Africa in other sports(except in football and long distance running), it wouldnt be fair if they play good in football?
We don't just dominate in Africa but in the world,we are rugby world cup champions,currently ranked number one team in cricket.We not doing bad in football,remeber we've got one star in our shirt for being African's champions in 1996.And have qualiffied for world cups more than once,in less than fifteen years of South Africa as we knows it today.We are definetely big archivers,a winning Nation.
malaika:

It's not only that they hate RSA, they hate ALL South Africans and everything South African, but it's okay we don't lose any sleep over it cool We've apologised enough for our fellow SAns xenophobia and now all we're doing is flying the Rainbow Nation flag high, whether our team wins or loses we're PROUDLY SA!!! cheesy
Keep it high coolMalaika,sky is our limit grin
Re: FIFA Confederations Cup: South Africa '09 Official Thread by khanye(m): 12:41pm On Jun 24, 2009
Kx:

LWKM cheesy
Re: FIFA Confederations Cup: South Africa '09 Official Thread by mukina2: 12:42pm On Jun 24, 2009
Kx:

grin grin grin grin grin thats what i wish for grin
Re: FIFA Confederations Cup: South Africa '09 Official Thread by RSA(m): 12:54pm On Jun 24, 2009
mukina2:

grin grin grin grin grin thats what i wish for grin

Has your wishes ever come true?cause this one will never happen. tongue tongue tongue

Big game tonite,World Super Nation against the overrated Spinach,I wish Americans win this one.Spanish want our VuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuVuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuusela Banned grin
Re: FIFA Confederations Cup: South Africa '09 Official Thread by mukina2: 1:06pm On Jun 24, 2009
see you , talk of your own match na grin

down with the vuvuzeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeelaaaaaaaaa grin

noisy noisy . .on thursday we go hear ourselves tongue
Re: FIFA Confederations Cup: South Africa '09 Official Thread by FBS: 1:13pm On Jun 24, 2009
mukinaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa222222222222222222
Re: FIFA Confederations Cup: South Africa '09 Official Thread by mukina2: 2:33pm On Jun 24, 2009
dem send youuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu
FBssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss
grin grin grin
Re: FIFA Confederations Cup: South Africa '09 Official Thread by Kx: 2:39pm On Jun 24, 2009
RSA:

Has your wishes ever come true?cause this one will never happen. tongue tongue tongue

Big game tonite,World Super Nation against the overrated Spinach,I wish Americans win this one.Spanish want our VuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuVuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuusela Banned grin

"If wishes were horse,beggers might ride"

In case u ve not watched the match yet,
the scoreline Spain 4,USA O.
Re: FIFA Confederations Cup: South Africa '09 Official Thread by dyabman(m): 3:03pm On Jun 24, 2009
spain 3 - usa 2
Re: FIFA Confederations Cup: South Africa '09 Official Thread by tocdee(m): 3:57pm On Jun 24, 2009
Vuvusela? Is that what they call those unbelievably irritating horns? Even Hitler could have abandoned his world domination mission just to get the world rid of those terrible sounds. Its the stuff nightmares are made of!

tongue
Re: FIFA Confederations Cup: South Africa '09 Official Thread by RSA(m): 4:13pm On Jun 24, 2009
tocdee:

Vuvusela? Is that what they call those unbelievably irritating horns? Even Hitler could have abandoned his world domination mission just to get the world rid of those terrible sounds. Its the stuff nightmares are made of!

tongue

If its irritating all ya cheesy then it's doing its job grin
VuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuVuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuselaaaaaaah grin grin

I wish people could died from irritation grin grin grin,Imagine all europeans and some jelous Africans I would have killed by just blowing the plastic horn grin grin grin grin grin
Re: FIFA Confederations Cup: South Africa '09 Official Thread by Kx: 4:18pm On Jun 24, 2009
RSA:

Imagine all europeans and some jelous Africans I would have killed by just blowing the plastic horn grin grin grin grin grin

Na so so kill kill una dey kill for SA sef?
The Lucky Dube wen una kill nor do? shocked shocked shocked
Re: FIFA Confederations Cup: South Africa '09 Official Thread by manickal(m): 4:38pm On Jun 24, 2009
@[b]R[/b]epublik of [b]S[/b]hitty [b]A[/b]rena

laugh and be happy all you want now.
i can imagine the damage Izecson and the Samba boiz hav panned out for your miserable team tomorrow.
buffoon!!
Re: FIFA Confederations Cup: South Africa '09 Official Thread by mukina2: 4:43pm On Jun 24, 2009
RSA:

If its irritating all ya cheesy then it's doing its job grin
VuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuVuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuselaaaaaaah grin grin

I wish people could died from irritation grin grin grin,Imagine all europeans and some jelous Africans I would have killed by just blowing the plastic horn grin grin grin grin grin
jealous of wetin? grin bros you sure say you nor dye high on vuvusela noise? tongue
Re: FIFA Confederations Cup: South Africa '09 Official Thread by mzansigirl(f): 4:45pm On Jun 24, 2009
we've been blowing the vuvuzela for years now, we'll still be blowing long after the confed and 2010  grin grin grin

@ RSA le Malaika: bagaetsho le kgona jang batho bSSa?

@ Kx: i thought we were talking confed, what does Lucky Dube have to do with this?? ever heard of fair play??
Re: FIFA Confederations Cup: South Africa '09 Official Thread by mukina2: 5:46pm On Jun 24, 2009
mzansigirl:

we've been blowing the vuvuzela for years now, we'll still be blowing long after the confed and 2010  grin grin grin

@ RSA le Malaika: bagaetsho le kgona jang batho bSSa?

@ Kx: i thought we were talking confed, what does Lucky Dube have to do with this?? ever heard of fair play??

no one disputes that grin you can blow it till 2090 on your own. but please spare our tvs and our ears when you are hosting big competitions grin grin
Re: FIFA Confederations Cup: South Africa '09 Official Thread by bollingjoe(m): 6:26pm On Jun 24, 2009
I pray dat spain wins so dat they can face brazil in the finals im sure dat it will be adrenaline soaking

(1) (2) (3) ... (26) (27) (28) (29) (30) (31) (32) ... (59) (Reply)

Manchester City vs Real Madrid: UCL (3 - 4) Penalty On 17th April 2024 / Leicester City Vs Chelsea (2 - 0) On 19th January 2021 / Manchester United Vs Aston Villa (2 - 1) On 1st January 2020

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.