Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,326 members, 7,811,964 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 02:34 AM

FIFA Confederations Cup: South Africa '09 Official Thread - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / FIFA Confederations Cup: South Africa '09 Official Thread (35444 Views)

2 Titles Ranking For The Confederations Cup? / Chelsea Fans Thread : Winners of the FA Cup And League Winners 09/10 / Chelsea Fans Thread : Winners of the FA Cup And League Winners 09/10 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) ... (59) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: FIFA Confederations Cup: South Africa '09 Official Thread by MrCrackles(m): 9:02pm On Jun 15, 2009
bagoma:

Oh well, they have a one man advantage. I actually forgot!!!!!!!

Yeah!
Re: FIFA Confederations Cup: South Africa '09 Official Thread by Cristalz(f): 9:04pm On Jun 15, 2009
bagoma:

Useless Italians have scored again. angry angry

They are not useless. angry angry They've got great hair and lasagna-sounding names. grin

Italian attack stepping up now. grin

@FBS
Nah.  .  .twaz all Rossi. He brought the mojo. grin
Before the penalty, the Americans were producing attacking crap. I said they couldn't have scored unless via a penalty, and they are proving me right.
They were shaky before the red card, and they still are. Can't use that as an excuse.
Re: FIFA Confederations Cup: South Africa '09 Official Thread by MrCrackles(m): 9:06pm On Jun 15, 2009
Another stinger from Clint Dempsey
Keep peppering the BUFFOON BUFFON! grin
Re: FIFA Confederations Cup: South Africa '09 Official Thread by MrCrackles(m): 9:07pm On Jun 15, 2009
How the fuc.k is that not another pen? shocked shocked grin
Re: FIFA Confederations Cup: South Africa '09 Official Thread by aieromon(m): 9:08pm On Jun 15, 2009
Howard should be prepared for more long range shots from the Egyptians.
Wtf is wrong with Buffon and handlin the ball?
Re: FIFA Confederations Cup: South Africa '09 Official Thread by Nobody: 9:09pm On Jun 15, 2009
they should revoke this ref's license
Re: FIFA Confederations Cup: South Africa '09 Official Thread by MrCrackles(m): 9:11pm On Jun 15, 2009
aieromon:

I have told you no matter how good goalkeepers are, stingers are meant to be dropped or parried away or watched while it sails into the net!

Now dont come back and ask why Buffon dropped the ball again ok?

cheesy
Re: FIFA Confederations Cup: South Africa '09 Official Thread by Cristalz(f): 9:11pm On Jun 15, 2009
aieromon:

Too much/too little lasagna. grin

Zidan and Aboutrika will so humble Howard.  .  .I feel bad for him in advance.
Re: FIFA Confederations Cup: South Africa '09 Official Thread by bagoma(f): 9:14pm On Jun 15, 2009
what is wrong with this Rossi lad?
No mercy for his motherland? grin
Re: FIFA Confederations Cup: South Africa '09 Official Thread by MrCrackles(m): 9:15pm On Jun 15, 2009
How did Toni not score? shocked

Klesjstan almost did in the other end! grin
Re: FIFA Confederations Cup: South Africa '09 Official Thread by bagoma(f): 9:16pm On Jun 15, 2009
so so close for the US.
How I wish that has gone in
Would have loved to see d look on critz' face lol cheesy
Re: FIFA Confederations Cup: South Africa '09 Official Thread by Cristalz(f): 9:17pm On Jun 15, 2009
Hehehe. . .don't be an enemy of pasta/lasagna progress, bagoma. Italy will get this. grin
Re: FIFA Confederations Cup: South Africa '09 Official Thread by MrCrackles(m): 9:20pm On Jun 15, 2009
USA stood up tall and gave thier all
The sending off definitely had a bearing
Good comeback from ITALY
Good account from USA

Has been a better day unlike yesterday's fixtures, especially I-RAQ and S Africa's game

And for fuc.k sake, can someone get rid of the vuvuzelas or vuvuphelas!

Dem bee sounding device has to be the worst invention ever!

GOALLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL
Rossi dic.ks his motherland!!
Re: FIFA Confederations Cup: South Africa '09 Official Thread by Cristalz(f): 9:21pm On Jun 15, 2009
GOAL BAYBEE!!

Love you Rossi! kiss
Re: FIFA Confederations Cup: South Africa '09 Official Thread by FBS: 9:22pm On Jun 15, 2009
@crizzle, the sending off had a MASSIVE effect on this match.
11 a side, Italy would have messed up. Believe it.  grin cool
Re: FIFA Confederations Cup: South Africa '09 Official Thread by aieromon(m): 9:22pm On Jun 15, 2009
Pirlo proved me wrong.Well done
Congrats to the Rossis'
Re: FIFA Confederations Cup: South Africa '09 Official Thread by bagoma(f): 9:23pm On Jun 15, 2009
OH damn. angry angry
why Rossi, why?? cheesy
you just broke your mama's heart boy! (and mine too)
Re: FIFA Confederations Cup: South Africa '09 Official Thread by MrCrackles(m): 9:24pm On Jun 15, 2009
FBS:

Sure!
Re: FIFA Confederations Cup: South Africa '09 Official Thread by aieromon(m): 9:27pm On Jun 15, 2009
Tonite was fun hanging out with y'all.Let's do this on Wednesday
@MrCrackles
Tell Buffon to prepare for faster and stronger long range shots from the Egyptians
Gudnite@all
Re: FIFA Confederations Cup: South Africa '09 Official Thread by Cristalz(f): 9:29pm On Jun 15, 2009
FBS:

No way, man. Not with Rossi and de Rossi on that pitch.

USA showed the weak stuff they were made of early in the game when they kept messing up. They never had anything going for them attack-wise, so I never expected them to win.
Their penalty was the only way they coulda gotten a goal 'cos their strikers shoot like they are practicing with their 3 year old sons. I mean, Buffon wasn't even that great. How many saves did he make?
After the penalty one woulda expected them to step up, increase the pressure, but they didn't really do that. Further proves their football silliness.
Then, hello red card. Made no difference.  .  .their game remained as weak as it had always been.
And then, hello Rossi. Bang bang USA, Italy rulez. grin

Come on, do you guys really believe USA was capable of beating Italy? Current World cup champs? Haba.
Re: FIFA Confederations Cup: South Africa '09 Official Thread by FBS: 9:30pm On Jun 15, 2009
aieromon:

Tonite was fun hanging out with y'all.Let's hope it stays this way
Gudnite@all
NL is fun no doubt.
When you have people like Crizzle & MrCrackles be assured of having your ribs cracked with laughter.  grin
Re: FIFA Confederations Cup: South Africa '09 Official Thread by FBS: 9:34pm On Jun 15, 2009
Cristalz:

No way, man. Not with Rossi and de Rossi on that pitch.

USA showed the weak stuff they were made of early in the game when they kept messing up. They never had anything going for them attack-wise, so I never expected them to win.
Their penalty was the only way they coulda gotten a goal. After the penalty one woulda expected them to step up, increase the pressure, but they didn't really do that. Further proves their football silliness.
Then, hello red card. Made no difference.  .  .their game remained as weak as it had always been.
And then, hello Rossi. Bang bang USA, Italy rulez. grin

Come on, do you guys really believe USA was capable of beating Italy? Current World cup champs? Haba.
World champ my foot. I'm sure you can remember how they got to the final. Ojoro.
USA had 2 clean chances but somehow forgot their striking boots at the airport.
If NZ could put 3 past Buffon, why can't the USA do same?

And Yes, the RED card had a MASSIVE EFFECT.
The Italian defender was supposed to get a RED else why did the ref give a pen?
Re: FIFA Confederations Cup: South Africa '09 Official Thread by biolabee(m): 9:55pm On Jun 15, 2009
MrCrackles:

And for fuc.k sake, can someone get rid of the vuvuzelas or vuvuphelas!

Dem bee sounding device has to be the worst invention ever!

grin grin
same thing one of my pals said, its quite monotonous
Re: FIFA Confederations Cup: South Africa '09 Official Thread by Cristalz(f): 10:29pm On Jun 15, 2009
FBS:

World champ my foot. I'm sure you can remember how they got to the final. Ojoro.
USA had 2 clean chances but somehow forgot their striking boots at the airport.

'Cos the Americans are worse than the Zealanders, which is my point. They might do everything else right, but of what use is it when your strikers have no idea how to find the back of the net? Goals are the issue, my friend, goals.
Their striking boots didn't even leave the shores of the US.  .  .they came with their partying boots, so they could hit the South African clubs straight from the pitch. grin

FBS:

And Yes, the RED card had a MASSIVE EFFECT.
The Italian defender was supposed to get a RED else why did the ref give a pen?

Okay, how exactly did the red have a 'massive' effect? The Yanks were poor at the start of the game. Poor after the penalty. Poor after the red. Where's the diff? Doesn't exist. They were going to drone on the same way they started all night.
You think the ref gave the red out of guilt to punish them 'cos he gifted them a pen? LOL. The pen was legit, and there was no need for an Italian red. The American red was prob'ly 'cos Gattuso had promised the ref lasagna and he didn't want to miss out.  .  .wasn't outta guilt, that's for sure.
Either way, there's no way Rossi, de Rossi, Pirlo, Zambrotta, Gattuso woulda lost to guys that renamed football 'soccer'. grin Italy was always going to defeat the US.
Re: FIFA Confederations Cup: South Africa '09 Official Thread by sisqology(m): 10:53pm On Jun 15, 2009
*watching*
Re: FIFA Confederations Cup: South Africa '09 Official Thread by mukina2: 11:22pm On Jun 15, 2009
Tha Nigerian-American defender reminds me of rio grin stupid guy, simply useless grin grin

Rossi's left foot is hot grin should be a gunner.

as for tim Howard once a scumtwat always a rascal cheesy

Beasley is a shadown of his former self undecided

maybe its the coach's fault sha, but Lippi na tactician grin like AW cool

I am looking forward to Thursday, Italy- Egypt cool
Re: FIFA Confederations Cup: South Africa '09 Official Thread by Grizzly(m): 8:37am On Jun 16, 2009
Why on earth did they put spain in such a worthless group, and then cram the other group?
I think i'm getting used to the vuvu-shit-sound same way i've got used to mosquitoes singing in my ear.
Re: FIFA Confederations Cup: South Africa '09 Official Thread by sisqology(m): 9:22am On Jun 16, 2009
Topsy is around to tackle Mukina!
Re: FIFA Confederations Cup: South Africa '09 Official Thread by khanye(m): 10:59am On Jun 16, 2009

It was Marco Amelia that played that match against NZ
not Buffon
Match Report: Italy vs. NZ
Re: FIFA Confederations Cup: South Africa '09 Official Thread by mukina2: 11:16am On Jun 16, 2009
khanye:

It was Marco Amelia that played that match against NZ
not Buffon
Match Report: Italy vs. NZ
you sef angry grin grin grin
he didnt know na tongue

FBS tongue

Topsy? ohh the mad man grin
Re: FIFA Confederations Cup: South Africa '09 Official Thread by khanye(m): 11:24am On Jun 16, 2009
[flash=400,350]
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JYFEHxRrscw&hl=en&fs=1&"[/flash]

mukina2:

you sef angry  grin grin grin
he didnt know na tongue

FBS   tongue

Topsy? ohh the mad man grin

Let's teach the kids some lesson wink
Re: FIFA Confederations Cup: South Africa '09 Official Thread by Cristalz(f): 11:40am On Jun 16, 2009
@Khanye
Who is a kid, FBS? angry I will e-punch you o. cheesy grin

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) ... (59) (Reply)

Arsenal Vs Tottenham Hotspur (2 - 2) On 1st September 2019 / UEFA Champions League Round Of 16 Draw On 16 December 2013 / Leicester City Vs Chelsea (2 - 0) On 19th January 2021

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.