Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,323 members, 7,811,953 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 01:24 AM

FIFA Confederations Cup: South Africa '09 Official Thread - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (9) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / FIFA Confederations Cup: South Africa '09 Official Thread (35442 Views)

2 Titles Ranking For The Confederations Cup? / Chelsea Fans Thread : Winners of the FA Cup And League Winners 09/10 / Chelsea Fans Thread : Winners of the FA Cup And League Winners 09/10 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) ... (59) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: FIFA Confederations Cup: South Africa '09 Official Thread by ow11(m): 1:01pm On Jun 16, 2009
Referee Howard Webb should be sent home. English refs are incompetent. First it was Graham Poll and 3 yellow cards, then Mr Webb awarded a harsh injury time penalty against Poland at EURO 2008 now he has done same to Egypt. This guy should remain in the premiership!
Re: FIFA Confederations Cup: South Africa '09 Official Thread by sisqology(m): 1:20pm On Jun 16, 2009
~hrt broken~
Re: FIFA Confederations Cup: South Africa '09 Official Thread by FBS: 4:22pm On Jun 16, 2009
khanye:

It was Marco Amelia that played that match against NZ
not Buffon
Match Report: Italy vs. NZ
a mistake on my part but as usual you missed the message. Not surprised though.
Factoid: NZ put 3 past Italy. That was the message. geddit?

mukina2:

you sef angry grin grin grin
he didnt know na tongue
Mukina3, iwo!. . .le nu e? wait till I get back at you. cool. You will need more than 3 pink cows to appease me. wink cheesy tongue
Re: FIFA Confederations Cup: South Africa '09 Official Thread by FBS: 4:25pm On Jun 16, 2009
ow11:

Referee Howard Webb should be sent home. English refs are incompetent. First it was Graham Poll and 3 yellow cards, then Mr Webb awarded a harsh injury time penalty against Poland at EURO 2008 now he has done same to Egypt. This guy should remain in the premiership!
some people sef? how on earth was that harsh? It was a clear handball for goodness sake.
In fact, I initially thought he pointed for a corner kick and after some seconds (I assume some spoke into his earpiece) he awarded a penalty.
Can someone shed more light on this?
Re: FIFA Confederations Cup: South Africa '09 Official Thread by FBS: 4:28pm On Jun 16, 2009
Cristalz:

@Khanye
Who is a kid, FBS? angry I will e-punch you o. cheesy grin
@Crizzle,
obviously he wasn't referring to me. He wasn't even a sperm yet when I don start to watch football. So just forget his side.
Thanks for standing up for me though. wink grin
Re: FIFA Confederations Cup: South Africa '09 Official Thread by Uche2nna(m): 4:36pm On Jun 16, 2009
ow11:

Webb's final decision was spot on and that is not the bone of contention. The bone of contention is how the final decision was reached.

Initially, he awarded a corner kick to Brazil but he changed his mind after the fourth official (who had the luxury of video replay by the way) informed the lines man who then informed Webb about the handball. That was when he changed he changed his call.

Is it legal to use video replays to influence calls made in a match? Thats the bone of contention and actually the Egyptians have filed a complaint with respect to that.
Re: FIFA Confederations Cup: South Africa '09 Official Thread by FBS: 4:42pm On Jun 16, 2009
Uche2nna:

Webb's final decision was spot on and that is not the bone of contention. The bone of contention is how the final decision was reached.

Initially, he awarded a corner kick to Brazil but he changed his mind after the fourth official (who had the luxury of video replay by the way) informed the lines man who then informed Webb about the handball. That was when he changed he changed his call.

Is it legal to use video replays to influence calls made in a match? Thats the bone of contention and actually the Egyptians have filed a complaint with respect to that.
Thank goodness, I thought I was the only one who noticed that.
FBS:

some people sef? how on earth was that harsh? It was a clear handball for goodness sake.
In fact, I initially thought he pointed for a corner kick and after some seconds (I assume some spoke into his earpiece) he awarded a penalty.
Can someone shed more light on this?

Now thinking about it. . .I thought Howard W initially pointed to a corner kick, NO?
Re: FIFA Confederations Cup: South Africa '09 Official Thread by allboyz(m): 5:06pm On Jun 16, 2009
so today is rest day . . .

Luca Toni was benched for Gilardino . .
Re: FIFA Confederations Cup: South Africa '09 Official Thread by FBS: 5:14pm On Jun 16, 2009
allboyz:

so today is rest day . . .

Luca Toni was benched for Gilardino . .
you can enjoy the uefa U-21 tongue grin
Re: FIFA Confederations Cup: South Africa '09 Official Thread by khanye(m): 5:18pm On Jun 16, 2009
a mistake on my part but as usual you missed the message. Not surprised though.
Factoid: NZ put 3 past Italy. That was the message. geddit?

It's better to keep shut when u dont know the exact fact!!

FBS:

World champ my foot. I'm sure you can remember how they got to the final. Ojoro.
USA had 2 clean chances but somehow forgot their striking boots at the airport.
If NZ could put 3 past Buffon, why can't the USA do same?

Re: FIFA Confederations Cup: South Africa '09 Official Thread by FBS: 5:26pm On Jun 16, 2009
khanye:

It's better to keep shut when u dont know the exact fact!!
listen, you talk when you are talked to. understood?
you Arrow.
Re: FIFA Confederations Cup: South Africa '09 Official Thread by khanye(m): 5:39pm On Jun 16, 2009
FBS:

listen, you talk when you are talked to. understood?
you Arrow.

No insult mr. fbs, try and get your facts right
before coming here to post shit
ok? wink
Re: FIFA Confederations Cup: South Africa '09 Official Thread by allboyz(m): 5:50pm On Jun 16, 2009
Bro - so wch connection are you using?
Re: FIFA Confederations Cup: South Africa '09 Official Thread by FBS: 6:05pm On Jun 16, 2009
khanye:

No insult mr. fbs, try and get your facts right
before coming here to post shit
ok? wink
now I see your problem. Do we have doctors in the house?
Or are you blind? didn't you see me accept that a mistake was made?
More importantly you missed the message altogether.
Once again, talk when you are spoken to. geddit?
Re: FIFA Confederations Cup: South Africa '09 Official Thread by FBS: 6:17pm On Jun 16, 2009
allboyz:

Bro - so wch connection are you using?
kai my guy grin
watching on sky sport 2
Re: FIFA Confederations Cup: South Africa '09 Official Thread by allboyz(m): 6:34pm On Jun 16, 2009
Oh. .i tot i could watch with my laptop . . .

i dont have DSTV . . i have HiTV only
Re: FIFA Confederations Cup: South Africa '09 Official Thread by FBS: 6:37pm On Jun 16, 2009
allboyz:

Oh. .i tot i could watch with my laptop . . .

i dont have DSTV . . i have HiTV only
yes you can watch on your laptop if you've got internet connection which I presume you do have. Though I have no idea how good naija internet connection is.
here you can watch
http://www.justin.tv/vip_euro_1

How good is DSTV/HiTv?
Re: FIFA Confederations Cup: South Africa '09 Official Thread by allboyz(m): 7:01pm On Jun 16, 2009
FBS:

yes you can watch on your laptop if you've got internet connection which I presume you do have. Though I have no idea how good naija internet connection is.
here you can watch
http://www.justin.tv/vip_euro_1

How good is DSTV/HiTv?

where are located now?

I think im in Trans now . . .
Re: FIFA Confederations Cup: South Africa '09 Official Thread by allboyz(m): 7:08pm On Jun 16, 2009
Re: FIFA Confederations Cup: South Africa '09 Official Thread by FBS: 7:11pm On Jun 16, 2009
allboyz:

where are located now?

I think im in Trans now . . .
you are not in trans my broda. you probably thought na naija I dey abi? grin
sha, lets stop spamming this thread. cheesy wink
Is there any other way we can do the catch up game? chat etc. . .
Re: FIFA Confederations Cup: South Africa '09 Official Thread by allboyz(m): 7:19pm On Jun 16, 2009
yup . . . add me if you can . . .i have a YIM ID . . on my profile . ,
Re: FIFA Confederations Cup: South Africa '09 Official Thread by FBS: 8:04pm On Jun 16, 2009
Tomorrow Con fed's tourney should be interesting cos I pity Iraq.
Spain vs Iraq
http://www.fifa.com/confederationscup/matches/index.html
Re: FIFA Confederations Cup: South Africa '09 Official Thread by allboyz(m): 8:18pm On Jun 16, 2009
FBS:

Tomorrow Con fed's tourney should be interesting cos I pity Iraq.
Spain vs Iraq
http://www.fifa.com/confederationscup/matches/index.html

to watch on Internet?

it will be live on Local TV angry grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: FIFA Confederations Cup: South Africa '09 Official Thread by FBS: 8:32pm On Jun 16, 2009
allboyz:

to watch on Internet?
it will be live on Local TVĀ  angry grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
well I can't say about local TV's in naija( do they ever show anything? smiley) but I know that fifa website will be streaming it LIVE.
Re: FIFA Confederations Cup: South Africa '09 Official Thread by FBS: 9:34pm On Jun 16, 2009
Brazil-Egypt Statement

FIFA have this afternoon written to the Egyptian Football Association regarding yesterday's FIFA Confederations Cup match between Brazil and Egypt.

FIFA had received a letter of complaint from the Egyptian FA following the match at the Free State Stadium in Mangaung/Bloemfontein. Whilst not disputing the correctness of the referee's decision to award a penalty in favour of Brazil, and show the Egyptian player Ahmed El-Mohamadi the red card, the Egyptian FA questionned the manner in which the referee Howard Webb came to his decision.

FIFA analysed the decision by going through all the evidence at its disposal, including the referee's match report, as well as the additional statement that Howard Webb provided at FIFA's request.

A thorough analysis of the aforementioned documents revealed that the decision in question was achieved through teamwork between the match referee and his Assistant Referee Number 1, Mike Mullarkey, who confirmed the offence to the referee from his clear viewing angle.
http://www.fifa.com/confederationscup/news/newsid=1072496.html#brazil+egypt+statement
Re: FIFA Confederations Cup: South Africa '09 Official Thread by Grizzly(m): 11:37pm On Jun 16, 2009
Look,
The point is, Howard webb awarded a corner kick because thats wat he tot it was.
The linesman however (After Watching a Video Replay) indicated handball for a p.k
Thats where d controversy lies.
FIFA are not in favor of video replays in making decisions. Remember thats wat Wenger has been clamouring for.
No one would know it was handball without aid.
Thats by the way tho.
Re: FIFA Confederations Cup: South Africa '09 Official Thread by khanye(m): 11:59am On Jun 17, 2009
Spain will trash Iraq today
NZ will beat SA
Spain & NZ will qualify from group A for the semis.
Re: FIFA Confederations Cup: South Africa '09 Official Thread by khanye(m): 12:35pm On Jun 17, 2009
[size=14pt]Spain[/size]

- Spain will set a new world record for consecutive victories if they beat Iraq, breaking the all-time record of 14 games that they currently share with Australia (1996/97), Brazil (1997) and France (2003/04).

- Sunday's 11-minute hat-trick scored by Fernando Torres is the fastest in Confederations Cup history.

- Torres also set a new Spanish national record for the fastest international hat-trick. His strike partner David Villa had only set a new 12-minute record five days earlier, in Spain's 6-0 win over Azerbaijan.

- David Villa's goal on Sunday saw him move level with Fernando Hierro on the list of all-time Spanish top goalscorers. They are now equal second with 29 goals, still 15 goals short of Raul.
Re: FIFA Confederations Cup: South Africa '09 Official Thread by Olaolufred(m): 2:58pm On Jun 17, 2009
When is this match starting?
Oju mi wa lona o.
I pity iraq.
Please, when, when, when will the match start?
Re: FIFA Confederations Cup: South Africa '09 Official Thread by Kx: 3:02pm On Jun 17, 2009
match has started 3.00pm local time
Re: FIFA Confederations Cup: South Africa '09 Official Thread by Olaolufred(m): 3:10pm On Jun 17, 2009
It,s 5:00 pm in East Africa. Can you help me with 5-minute interval coverage for this first half only?
I will watch the second half when its 6 pm here.
Re: FIFA Confederations Cup: South Africa '09 Official Thread by Kx: 3:13pm On Jun 17, 2009
10 mins played scorless but Iraq is putting up a good fight
d game aint as drab as south afrc v iraq

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) ... (59) (Reply)

Arsenal Vs Tottenham Hotspur (2 - 2) On 1st September 2019 / UEFA Champions League Round Of 16 Draw On 16 December 2013 / Leicester City Vs Chelsea (2 - 0) On 19th January 2021

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.