Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,307 members, 7,829,730 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 11:06 AM

JTF Kill 9 IPOB Members In Onitsha - Vanguard - Politics (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / JTF Kill 9 IPOB Members In Onitsha - Vanguard (77508 Views)

Why Did JTF Kill Biafrans When There Are Other effective Ways Of Handling Them? / Obiano Reacts To Pro-Biafra Protest In Onitsha - Vanguard / One Killed As IPOB Members Protest In Onitsha - Vanguard News (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (14) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: JTF Kill 9 IPOB Members In Onitsha - Vanguard by nonsua1990(m): 7:50pm On Dec 02, 2015
Saturn213:
I think it is time Igbo elders caution the jobless miscreants causing all these mayhem

The SE governors should also have a meeting on how they can start creating an environment for gainful employment

The sight of the jobless IPOB youths roaming the streets during the protest was very saddening

I can really see why they are so angry, there is joblessness, poverty, dirt, frustration everywhere

I will even suggest they set up a charity for the SE. People are suffering there.

Nwoke ofe mmanu receive sense
Re: JTF Kill 9 IPOB Members In Onitsha - Vanguard by VcStunner(m): 7:50pm On Dec 02, 2015
viickerz:
I Just pity all of the igbo guys here calling for war, if war breaks out, u people will be on the losing side because you are outnumbered,

let me ask you something, can u stand the sight of a hausa military man raping your sister,mother, and every other female in your family right in front of you, and all you can do is watch... Trust me, thats whats going to happen during the WAR that you people are spoiling for..

'Kill Anything that moves in igboland" ._ Benjamin Adekunle
please pardon me, I couldn't resist the need to quote you. You see before now wars, extra judicial killings, genocide and anything else you can call it was a normal occurrence before the establishment of amnesty international. Today, no democratic government as dependent as Nigeria will want to engage in such because all odds are against us. Nations are looking for where to test their might and they found Syria. Only pray they don't find this country. Never you again wish or think Nigeria will defeat this thing called Biafra. It's not btw us and Biafra, it's btw us and the international community who believes Biafra's civil rights had been suppressed. They will fight it as a just course for liberation. And then you and I will wish we let them go.

2 Likes

Re: JTF Kill 9 IPOB Members In Onitsha - Vanguard by Nobody: 7:51pm On Dec 02, 2015
The first time I saw them, I had to applaud them...they were truly peaceful. As at yesterday, they weren't peaceful.

For Christ sake, these dudes had the effrontery to enter banks and pull down the Nigerian flag, disturbing serious and peaceful citizens from moving about.
You open your shop and they come destroy things, thereby forcing you to close.

I don't support killing them, but they ain't peaceful anymore.

15 Likes 4 Shares

Re: JTF Kill 9 IPOB Members In Onitsha - Vanguard by Cjinbox: 7:51pm On Dec 02, 2015
All dis stupid Nigerian soldiers the show there power for were civilians de... If they see Biko Haram they will run rubbish! I love Biafra cry

1 Like

Re: JTF Kill 9 IPOB Members In Onitsha - Vanguard by erusen: 7:52pm On Dec 02, 2015
ikukuhero:

Don't mind the senseless miscreants fighting and dying over a cause that will not be actualized even in the near future. They are just playing out the script of some politicians who want to make government difficult for Buhari. Some Ibo's are DEEPLY PAINED by Buhari's emergence as President. They still are yet to get over their loss to a Northerner. Unfortunately for you, kill yourselves, kill each other, cause mayhem, die unnecessarily..... , Buhari remains President until at least 2019. Swallow the bitter truth!
are you a northener.dont get me wrong am not an ibo not pdp.but i must ask why is ur socalled president quiet
Re: JTF Kill 9 IPOB Members In Onitsha - Vanguard by akwunmi(m): 7:52pm On Dec 02, 2015
WOT is peaceful in a protest that held people N transportation hostage causing lot of commotion in D state ALREADY N u xpect D fed govt 2fold their arms N let DIS madness continue?
N did D joint task force just got there N start shooting ? some mumu biafruad must have started D fight bcoz dats all de HAV always WNTED but LEMME TEL U SUMTIN BIAFRUAD,U WILL NEVA WIN DIS BATTLE NO MATTER HOW HARD U FIGHT...WAKE UP,S TOP DIS MADNESS N FACE REALITY.NIGERIA IS D ONLY TIN DAT EXIST.

4 Likes

Re: JTF Kill 9 IPOB Members In Onitsha - Vanguard by ola6: 7:52pm On Dec 02, 2015
geez18:

wetin dis one dey yarn?you think this is 1968? you think this time around it will be fought just in igboland? if this useless man you call a president does'nt come to the negotiation table soon, Nigeria will burn and i mean that literally!

Ode oshi. Dem go use your body do manure... una go just did like fowl. If you leave the SE na then it go worse

2 Likes

Re: JTF Kill 9 IPOB Members In Onitsha - Vanguard by mightyokwy(m): 7:54pm On Dec 02, 2015
Ephemmm:

And what gives you assurance that the burning of vehicles, mosques etc was the motive behind the action of military? APC were not harassed: was there any record of burning of vehicle, mosques etc during the protest? You guys need to be enlightened, honestly.
You still don't get it. Since inception of this protest have you heard any thing like burning of properties. That of today was as a result of the shooting. Go back to the topic and read again
Re: JTF Kill 9 IPOB Members In Onitsha - Vanguard by swiffy(f): 7:54pm On Dec 02, 2015
What is dis country called nigeria turning in2? Dose setting house of worship ablaze what is ur gain, why not av pity on dis harmless hausa's, dey av done us no harm

1 Like

Re: JTF Kill 9 IPOB Members In Onitsha - Vanguard by Fongido(m): 7:54pm On Dec 02, 2015
What biafran are doing now is called peaceful protest but it seems the government are paying deaf ears. Nelson Mandela said : “[I]t would be wrong and unrealistic for African leaders to continue preaching peace and nonviolence at a time when the government met our peaceful demands with force. It was only when all else had failed, when all channels of peaceful protest had been barred to us, that the decision was made to embark on violent forms of political struggle. I think a time would come when biafrans have to do this. From the days of John the Baptist until now the kingdom of heaven suffers violence, and violent men take it by force. Like · 5 · Reply · Edit
Re: JTF Kill 9 IPOB Members In Onitsha - Vanguard by swindo1(m): 7:54pm On Dec 02, 2015
Igbo people ask for Biafra, Nigeria refused and said the country must be one. Danish man draws cartoon of Mohammed in faraway Denmark, you people go around killing Igbos and destroying their properties in the North. Philips Emegwali invents a super-fast computer, you say a "Nigerian" invents. Igbo student in diaspora makes good grades, you say a "Nigerian" graduates top of the class. But Ikechukwu Abia is caught trafficking drugs, you say an "Igbo" man is caught with drugs abroad. Igbo man do his business and prosper, you people say they want to steal your land and rule over you. 90% of oil blocs in the South are owned by Northerners, you people do not say they have stolen someone's land and resources. Igbos ask for the Presidency, you people laugh at them and say "over your dead body." The North has rule Nigeria for over 38years and they keep threatening everyone else that they are being marginalized, and so they start bombing everywhere, you people say let's negotiate with them. Igbos vote for Jonathan, you people say they are myopic and tribalistic. The North and the West voted for Buhari, you people say it is called "change" and democracy. Igbos rally behind Jimi Abaje, you people say they will drown in the lagoon. Ambode won, you people start cursing them. Adamu Ciroma and co said "The North would make this country ungovernable if a Northerner does not become President" and "They'll be no Nigeria if power does not return to the North". You people call them "Elder Statesmen","Party Stalwart", "Northern leader", etc. Nnamdi Kanu says the same thing but you people call him "a slowpoke", "treasonable criminal", "war-monger", "evil" and so on. During the last elections, Radio and TV stations in the North play jihad songs while making anti- GEJ campaigns, say all sorts of things in Hausa, no newspaper headline asked for them to be banned. Of course you people call it politics. Radioactivity Biafra does same, all hell is let loose. You people say they spreading bigotry and dangerous propaganda. Do you people have an IGBOPHOBIA? Of course not! No one will agree. But do you think the Igbos are problems, everyone will raise their hands. But we ask, why don't you let the Igbos separate and go their way, you people give me that terrorist look. Dear landlords, just one question: What do you want the Igbos to do to please you?

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: JTF Kill 9 IPOB Members In Onitsha - Vanguard by tunde1200(m): 7:55pm On Dec 02, 2015
some ethnic group are praying for war

5 Likes

Re: JTF Kill 9 IPOB Members In Onitsha - Vanguard by insecticide: 7:55pm On Dec 02, 2015
duni04:
Nigeria doesn't have a trained anti riot police. Usually when protests like this one occur, we draft the Police or the Military in, and these guys are not trained to handle protesting civilians. The IPOD protesters blocked the Niger bridge and at a point even attempted to over run a checkpoint. The Military and police won't stand by and allow themselves to be disarmed. So shooting at the protesters is the easiest option available. Not defending them, but in saner countries you do not send armed military personnel to handle protests, its a recipe for disaster like we saw today.

i doff my hat for you bro...hyprocites shouting peaceful protest up and down when nothing was peaceful about the protest. This is Nigeria where the only weapon our armed forces have in abundant is AK-47....People should learn how to judge without sentiments, you try to shove a police man, what other option does he have than to shoot.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: JTF Kill 9 IPOB Members In Onitsha - Vanguard by Rilwayne001: 7:56pm On Dec 02, 2015
It's going down......

3 Likes

Re: JTF Kill 9 IPOB Members In Onitsha - Vanguard by qotaqa: 7:57pm On Dec 02, 2015
geez18:

shut your dirty mouth! you think this is 1968? you think its going to be fought in just igboland? if that senile slowpoke you call a president does'nt address issues soon,this zoo you call a country will burn and i mean that literally.
Re: JTF Kill 9 IPOB Members In Onitsha - Vanguard by Nobody: 7:58pm On Dec 02, 2015
Austindark:
why will a country kill it's own citizens when others are protecting theirs at all cost.
you have no right to take any soul for whatever reason

who is now the threat to humanity ....... is this different from terrorism??

instead of addressing the problem in the country, I our president is junketing..

http://www.vanguardngr.com/2015/12/nine-shot-dead-over-8-injured-as-taskforce-open-fire-on-protesting-ipob-members-in-onitsha/

With the greatest respect for your opinion it is my thinking that you missed the point here. No government conscious of its responsibility to its citizenry will sit idly by and watch a transport route that strategic taken over unlawfully without taking overt and covert measures as may be necessary to remedy the situation. Truth is, one who dares a soldier whose constitutional duty is to maintain the territorial integrity of his country puts him/herself in harm's way. Unfortunate that folks died though. Ibos are best advised to note that the now unfolding arms saga that made the Nigerian Army so vulnerable no thanks to the impunity prone, inept, corrupt, clueless and directionless personality of Goodluck Jonathan no longer obtains. If IPOB equates their population dense terrain with the Sambisa forest it has something dastardly coming. Testing the will of the NA to crush acts that amount to levying war on Nigeria will, in these times of focussed governance be a costly misadventure. A word, they say, is enough for the wise.

10 Likes 2 Shares

Re: JTF Kill 9 IPOB Members In Onitsha - Vanguard by gawu1: 7:58pm On Dec 02, 2015
otukpo:
I don't support shooting of unarmed protesters.
They shouldn't have blocked the bridge.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: JTF Kill 9 IPOB Members In Onitsha - Vanguard by squaddy(m): 7:59pm On Dec 02, 2015
MrMcJay:
Onitsha has turned to Borno. Ipob Haram everywhere.

The markets at Onitsha have been closed.

Lives have been lost.

Human and vehicular movement have been halted.

Most Ndigbo would refuse to come down for Xmas thereby reducing the glamour of the celebrations.

Properties of non indigenes have been burnt.

There would be reprisal killings of Ndigbo in other parts of the Country.

There would soon be a curfew delared in Anambra followed by a state of Emergency.

Wisdom is profitable to direct in all situations, violence is never an answer.

You are an idiot! When and where did this happen? You must be one of those hicks online directed to spew false narratives. Despicable!
Re: JTF Kill 9 IPOB Members In Onitsha - Vanguard by geez18(m): 7:59pm On Dec 02, 2015
ola6:

Ode oshi. Dem go use your body do manure... una go just did like fowl. If you leave the SE na then it go worse

you are marked.
Re: JTF Kill 9 IPOB Members In Onitsha - Vanguard by Brazilegwu: 7:59pm On Dec 02, 2015
viickerz:
I Just pity all of the igbo guys here calling for war, if war breaks out, u people will be on the losing side because you are outnumbered,

let me ask you something, can u stand the sight of a hausa military man raping your sister,mother, and every other female in your family right in front of you, and all you can do is watch... Trust me, thats whats going to happen during the WAR that you people are spoiling for..

'Kill Anything that moves in igboland" ._ Benjamin Adekunle
na ur mother them go rape, idiot
Re: JTF Kill 9 IPOB Members In Onitsha - Vanguard by Hazardhandsome(m): 8:00pm On Dec 02, 2015
U are a terrible liar. Truth be told,dis government caused everything. Dis is a democracy, give them their referendum. Let them go and suffer for their nation.
tolustx:
Pls don't call dis protest a peaceful one ever again!!! Is it a peaceful protest when protesters start to destroy northerners' kiosks and loot people's shops, etc...
Re: JTF Kill 9 IPOB Members In Onitsha - Vanguard by ola6: 8:00pm On Dec 02, 2015
geez18:

shut your dirty mouth! you think this is 1968? you think its going to be fought in just igboland? if that senile slowpoke you call a president does'nt address issues soon,this zoo you call a country will burn and i mean that literally.

Ode shut your mouth... stupid people. Una just dey did for nothing. There are more legitimate way of solving issues like this but since you lots have decided to be STU. PID then you deserve what you get. Shebi NNamdi said you should kill Yoruba and Hausa people? We dey wait una...

5 Likes

Re: JTF Kill 9 IPOB Members In Onitsha - Vanguard by driand(m): 8:00pm On Dec 02, 2015
slightlyMad:
grin cant wait to let them have their country so we are saved from the bad image we get worldwide.

you sound just like ur moniker..
Re: JTF Kill 9 IPOB Members In Onitsha - Vanguard by Nobody: 8:00pm On Dec 02, 2015
Let Biafra people go
Re: JTF Kill 9 IPOB Members In Onitsha - Vanguard by saintandsinnerz: 8:01pm On Dec 02, 2015
MrMcJay:

There is no point swearing for yourself. When it happens, refer to this post. You don't kill these Northerners and expect not to react emotionally and violently.
And who told you that Northerners were killed? Where in the report was it written that Northerners were killed? Mr. man you are evil and diabolic for trying to spread false news in order to put innocent people in harms way. I repeat, it is you and your family members that will be murdered by the Northeners

1 Like

Re: JTF Kill 9 IPOB Members In Onitsha - Vanguard by postmann: 8:01pm On Dec 02, 2015
I think with this I can confidently say that president.Buhari has again tainted his image once.
Not only as a general who toppled a democratic government, but one who kills peaceful protesters.

In every sane clime, any group of people has a right to determine if they are better off as a new independent nation. There is no need to be hostile against such people and be killing them. Maybe he should take a clue from Britain and Spain.

I thought given a second chance to someone who is old in years and experience would have shown true wisdom and maturity in handling issues like this.

But i am wrong, i think. I seem to still perceive the same old represive, authoritarian, military general who believe in force than due process, who believe might is right.

He should care about his name and legacy. He is already seen in many quarters as incapable. He cant afford this kind of reckless killing.

1 Like

Re: JTF Kill 9 IPOB Members In Onitsha - Vanguard by Samirana360(m): 8:02pm On Dec 02, 2015
driand:
the same promise your cowardly folks made to the people of South East in 1967...
And what concern 2015 wit 1967....monkey
Re: JTF Kill 9 IPOB Members In Onitsha - Vanguard by stagger: 8:04pm On Dec 02, 2015
Austindark:
why will a country kill it's own citizens when others are protecting theirs at all cost.
you have no right to take any soul for whatever reason

who is now the threat to humanity ....... is this different from terrorism??

instead of addressing the problem in the country, I our president is junketing..

http://www.vanguardngr.com/2015/12/nine-shot-dead-over-8-injured-as-taskforce-open-fire-on-protesting-ipob-members-in-onitsha/

What is the point of your argument? A sick friend of mine trekked from Onitsha to his destination and had to be hospitalized as a result of his ordeal. Who gives anyone the right to block a Federal road for any reason? More stubborn goats need to be shot before they learn. The Nnamdi Kanu they are fighting for has a British passport which he was travelling with . Yet gullible fools will keep following his message of hate. Nonsense.

5 Likes

Re: JTF Kill 9 IPOB Members In Onitsha - Vanguard by afonjay: 8:04pm On Dec 02, 2015
Igbo una don. De put where is high dan u!!!! Ehhhh am sry 4 una !!!!! More death body ll surface tomorrow

2 Likes

Re: JTF Kill 9 IPOB Members In Onitsha - Vanguard by OAFMods: 8:04pm On Dec 02, 2015
Samirana360:
useless taskforce, na 4 civillians body una dey get power.....nemesis wil soon catch up wit u guyz...boko haram stil bombin ....i blame IPOB 4 refusing 2 pick up arms....we 9ja deltans go join them and make sure u guys pay 4 any soul u kill...nonsense

Weda you are NigerDelta or DeltaNiger do make you hurry.
Re: JTF Kill 9 IPOB Members In Onitsha - Vanguard by Jabioro: 8:04pm On Dec 02, 2015
RedCapChief:
[size=13pt]Nine people died today. Their only crime was to be born in country that regards an entire zone as a den of second-class citizens
Those who swore to protect them have blessed them with bullets

The FG keeps begging Shekau to accept amnesty yet they will not even send a cabinet minister to see IPOB. Heck, even Garba Shehu/Femi Adesina will calm some frayed nerves. However, what do we see? NOBODY! Because they are Igbos, they must be met with bullets at first contact.

People think IPOB wants war. That is not true. Nobody sane ever wants war. War kills children and destroys livelihoods. Just ask those in IDP camps.
All they want is a chance to be heard. Just one freaking chance! One of the numerous emissaries sent to beg BH should come and hear them out

Gowon promised Nigeria will develop as a whole after 1970. However, this development started in Lagos, moved upwards, vanished towards Niger Bridge and then re-appeared up North.

I'm not surprised. After all, we are the 5%

[/size]
Where is your Governors,Lagos was not develop NY Federal, the state rise up to the occasion, go to Abeokuta and see what the state is doing . Your Albino governor kept on embezzlement on and on..Meanwhile where were you people when GEJ was at head ?

3 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (14) (Reply)

Boko Haram: I Killed Many I Was Shot On Purpose By My Fellow Soldier- Ex Soldier / Police IG Idris Unable To Read His Speech In Kano (Embarrassing Video) / PDP Elective Convention 2017: Live Monitoring And Updates

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 70
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.