Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,460 members, 7,850,605 topics. Date: Wednesday, 05 June 2024 at 05:34 AM

JTF Kill 9 IPOB Members In Onitsha - Vanguard - Politics (9) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / JTF Kill 9 IPOB Members In Onitsha - Vanguard (77556 Views)

Why Did JTF Kill Biafrans When There Are Other effective Ways Of Handling Them? / Obiano Reacts To Pro-Biafra Protest In Onitsha - Vanguard / One Killed As IPOB Members Protest In Onitsha - Vanguard News (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) ... (14) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: JTF Kill 9 IPOB Members In Onitsha - Vanguard by Kennedymac(m): 8:44pm On Dec 02, 2015
AnanseK:

You are so ignorant. I'm sorry for you.
jah bless u brother
Re: JTF Kill 9 IPOB Members In Onitsha - Vanguard by scholes0(m): 8:44pm On Dec 02, 2015
mightyokwy:

Did you read the post before you comment, I guest no. They did not just start burning things. It was the killing of the innocent protesters that lead to burning of things. Few days ago APC had peaceful protest at PH and they where not harassed. So why is the peaceful protest for Biafra a problem.

What does APC have to do with this?
so, this is all politically motivated or what?

3 Likes

Re: JTF Kill 9 IPOB Members In Onitsha - Vanguard by Pidggin(f): 8:46pm On Dec 02, 2015
Timbuktou:

Where's your outrage against the unarmed citizens who burnt countless tankers and shops? They're right to do this because they're unarmed?

What are you saying? You cannot tell me you don't know how they stop riots in developed countries. They could have used tear gas, water cannons, rubber bullets, and even pepper sprays instead of real guns.

1 Like

Re: JTF Kill 9 IPOB Members In Onitsha - Vanguard by orizucj(m): 8:47pm On Dec 02, 2015
dammytosh:
"Millions of traders scampeering"
Journalists
All this paid media to destabilise the country will not succeed.
What can u not do with 2.1 billion naira ?
Damn it.

op is not lying OSHA was very hot today
Re: JTF Kill 9 IPOB Members In Onitsha - Vanguard by Yksoul(m): 8:49pm On Dec 02, 2015
RIP WHAT TOOK THEM SO LONG TO PROTEST?,WHY DIDNT THEY PROTEST DURING GOODLUCK REGIME? THAT'S WHY IT IS POLITICIZED BIAFRA.

2 Likes

Re: JTF Kill 9 IPOB Members In Onitsha - Vanguard by Nobody: 8:51pm On Dec 02, 2015
Saturn213:
I think it is time Igbo elders caution the jobless miscreants causing all these mayhem

The SE governors should also have a meeting on how they can start creating an environment for gainful employment

The sight of the jobless IPOB youths roaming the streets during the protest was very saddening

I can really see why they are so angry, there is joblessness, poverty, dirt, frustration everywhere

I will even suggest they set up a charity for the SE. People are suffering there.

Same thing for North East and the whole Nigeria. Some in South South dey into bunkering and South East, armed robbery and 419. It all stems from unemployment and no sense of belonging coupled with unbridled looting by some folks in power. No rest for anybody.

South East is into drug trafficking and kidnapping too...all is to eke a living and make a splurge. Na so d country make am.
Re: JTF Kill 9 IPOB Members In Onitsha - Vanguard by DrChukzy(m): 8:52pm On Dec 02, 2015
viickerz:
I Just pity all of the igbo guys here calling for war, if war breaks out, u people will be on the losing side because you are outnumbered,

let me ask you something, can u stand the sight of a hausa military man raping your sister,mother, and every other female in your family right in front of you, and all you can do is watch... Trust me, thats whats going to happen during the WAR that you people are spoiling for..

'Kill Anything that moves in igboland" ._ Benjamin Adekunle
Fool...who is praying for war here?
Re: JTF Kill 9 IPOB Members In Onitsha - Vanguard by Nobody: 8:53pm On Dec 02, 2015
A run through of this thread (especially the quality and civility of responses in support of IPOB Ibo) is quite revealing! It validates what Prof. China Achebe had to say about his fellow Ibo. Here we go: Chinua Achebe had this to say -"There is no doubt at all that there is a strand in contemporary Igbo behavior that can offend; by its noisy exhibitionism and disregard for humility and quietness."

2 Likes

Re: JTF Kill 9 IPOB Members In Onitsha - Vanguard by DrChukzy(m): 8:54pm On Dec 02, 2015
engrlarex:
Ounpe, make dem kill them all...just that the poor Igbos r the one dieing like fowl, while their senators, house of reps members r gallivanting round Abuja, if they r truly ready for war, they shld demolish all their properties in other region, recall all dia lawmakers from Abuja, their governors shld renounce their citizenship as a Nigerian, recall all Igbos back to the east. then i'l know they r serious. the poor ones will just die coz of #500 sponsored protest. the question is WHY NOW?
Goat

so you cant differentiate an inevitable revolution from a protest....Abi na your poor papa dey pay them #500 abi?
Re: JTF Kill 9 IPOB Members In Onitsha - Vanguard by saintandsinnerz: 8:55pm On Dec 02, 2015
andyanders:
They should kill more of them. They have no right to obstruct movement of other citizens. Why must they block the road.That is a Federal Road.Who the hell is Nnamdi Kalu? He has no right to set up a radio station and also calling for the creation of BIAFRA. BIAFRA is a forgotten issue. Let us live in peace among ourselves and forget what happened in the past.
You are in one hand calling for the killing of the protesters and at the same time calling for peace! SMH
Re: JTF Kill 9 IPOB Members In Onitsha - Vanguard by hope4nigeria(m): 8:57pm On Dec 02, 2015
Austindark:
why will a country kill it's own citizens when others are protecting theirs at all cost.
you have no right to take any soul for whatever reason

who is now the threat to humanity ....... is this different from terrorism??

instead of addressing the problem in the country, I our president is junketing..

http://www.vanguardngr.com/2015/12/nine-shot-dead-over-8-injured-as-taskforce-open-fire-on-protesting-ipob-members-in-onitsha/
Voice of cowards, trisonable offence against nigeria state, people denounce nigeria illegally, and you call them citizen! Do you have sence at all? How coul a citizen of nigeria breaking law and order, blocking lawful citizen of normal activities deliberately, ok u escape the bullete abi, next time u may not be that lucky! What IPBO are doing is amount to proclaimation of war, I'v said it before, those clamouring for war are those who never see war before!

3 Likes

Re: JTF Kill 9 IPOB Members In Onitsha - Vanguard by NewGombawa: 8:57pm On Dec 02, 2015
kernel501:

I HAVE LOTS OF RESPECT FOR YOUR KIND. LET ME PUT THE RECORD STRAIGHT, IGBOS HARDLY ATTACK HAUSAS ONLINE, BECAUSE THEY DON'T CARE, BUT 80% BIAFRA BLACKMAILING STORIES COMES FROM THEM(YORUBAS), WHY CAN'T THEY MIND THERE BUSINESS, WE ARE NOT INTERESTED IN THERE STATES SO WHY MAKING US THEIR BUSINESS? WE DON'T WANT TO BE IN NIGERIA IS NO CRIME.

[size=18pt]OKAY? Just park and leave our country for us please....[/size]

2 Likes

Re: JTF Kill 9 IPOB Members In Onitsha - Vanguard by Nobody: 8:58pm On Dec 02, 2015
Pidggin:

What are you saying? You cannot tell me you don't know how they stop riots in developed countries. They could have used tear gas, water cannons, rubber bullets, and even pepper sprays instead of real guns.

You do have a point with the teargas and rubber bullets, but then again. These are people actually openly calling for war, I guess the military don't want to underestimate them.

1 Like

Re: JTF Kill 9 IPOB Members In Onitsha - Vanguard by xynerise: 8:59pm On Dec 02, 2015
I will join the IPOB protest as soon as I see the Igbos in computer village and all the businessmen in V.Island participate.

#Rubbish!

3 Likes

Re: JTF Kill 9 IPOB Members In Onitsha - Vanguard by SavageGarden(m): 8:59pm On Dec 02, 2015
dotcomnamename:

[size=15pt]Receive sense [/size]

It is you that needs sense.
Re: JTF Kill 9 IPOB Members In Onitsha - Vanguard by Nobody: 9:01pm On Dec 02, 2015
RedCapChief:

My brother, IPOB has not declared any war. If they do, you will see it. The rocket launchers, grenades and blown-up buildings will be a clear sign. Does anybody need to tell you that Boko Haram has declared war on Nigeria?
I'm against causing havoc to stranded commuters but the FG has refused to turn its head, talk less of listen.
NLC strikes devastate the Nigerian economy, but I understand the purpose
IPOB's blocking of the bridge was distressing, but I understand the purpose

That's true but how do you re-enter a place where you are not wanted

I just love your response my bro! The answer lies in shifting of paradigms and negotiating your way to the given objective. You can negotiate anything! As a young man I lived in Owerri and still prefer Igbo cuisine to my native Yoruba food line and would have married an Igbo lady were I not at that period of my life already promised in marriage to a Yoruba lady. Friends let's believe God to get us over and above tribalism and parochial interests. You are my person!! smiley wink
Re: JTF Kill 9 IPOB Members In Onitsha - Vanguard by Image123(m): 9:01pm On Dec 02, 2015
RedCapChief:
[size=13pt]Nine people died today. Their only crime was to be born in country that regards an entire zone as a den of second-class citizens
Those who swore to protect them have blessed them with bullets

The FG keeps begging Shekau to accept amnesty yet they will not even send a cabinet minister to see IPOB. Heck, even Garba Shehu/Femi Adesina will calm some frayed nerves. However, who do we see? NOBODY! Because they are Igbos, they must be met with bullets at first contact.

People think IPOB wants war. That is not true. Nobody sane ever wants war. War kills children and destroys livelihoods. Just ask those in IDP camps.
All they want is a chance to be heard. Just one freaking chance! One of the numerous emissaries sent to beg BH should come and hear them out

Gowon promised Nigeria will develop as a whole after 1970. However, this development started in Lagos, moved upwards, vanished towards Niger Bridge and then re-appeared up North.

I'm not surprised. After all, we are the 5%

[/size]

They have been heard many times already. Nnamdi Kanu is on video recording in the US asking igbos in diaspora for money for guns,quit the hypocrisy. IPOB cannot take Nigeria land or territory as theirs,same with boko haram and other misguided jobless people.

4 Likes

Re: JTF Kill 9 IPOB Members In Onitsha - Vanguard by Nobody: 9:01pm On Dec 02, 2015
RedCapChief:

My brother, IPOB has not declared any war. If they do, you will see it. The rocket launchers, grenades and blown-up buildings will be a clear sign. Does anybody need to tell you that Boko Haram has declared war on Nigeria?
I'm against causing havoc to stranded commuters but the FG has refused to turn its head, talk less of listen.
NLC strikes devastate the Nigerian economy, but I understand the purpose
IPOB's blocking of the bridge was distressing, but I understand the purpose

That's true but how do you re-enter a place where you are not wanted

I just love your response my bro! The answer lies in shifting of paradigms and negotiating your way to the given objective. You can negotiate anything! As a young man I lived in Owerri and still prefer Igbo cuisine to my native Yoruba food line and would have married an Igbo lady were I not at that period of my life already promised in marriage to a Yoruba lady. Friends let's believe God to get us over and above tribalism and parochial interests. You are my person!!
Re: JTF Kill 9 IPOB Members In Onitsha - Vanguard by abbey621(m): 9:01pm On Dec 02, 2015
No ideology is worth wasting your life for! I repeat no ideology is worth wasting your life for! You do not block a bridge meant as a national asset and still call your protest peaceful. At the same time shooting stray bullets into a massive crowd like that is plain murder! For goodness sake JTF could have used tear gas or even plastic bullets, now lives are lost, dreams were cut short and so many families drowning in tears. Is Nnamdi Kanu worth the price of all those lives lost? How come we didn't see the IPOB leaders leading the protest? When will Nigerian youths stop being scape goats?

3 Likes

Re: JTF Kill 9 IPOB Members In Onitsha - Vanguard by RedCapChief(m): 9:02pm On Dec 02, 2015
Jabioro:
Where is your Governors,Lagos was not develop NY Federal, the state rise up to the occasion, go to Abeokuta and see what the state is doing . Your Albino governor kept on embezzlement on and on..Meanwhile where were you people when GEJ was at head ?
TheGoodJoe:

What I do not understand is, do the governors in the South East regions not get Allocations? The development in Rivers, Akwa Ibom, Cross River and some areas in North has to do with the Governors of the state Working hard to make lives better for their people.

The people of the South East should protest massively against the corrupt politicians in their midst. People who can lead the states to greatness should be at the fore front of the match.

Elect the right leaders and let them Channel the allocations into making the South East better.

Yes, you both have some points and I agree we have not had the best of local leaders
However, I'm talking of Federal Government intervention
After the war, there was massive reconstruction. National Theatre, 3rd Mainland Bridge et al. These were not state projects but projects funded at the federal level. What was done in the SE? Nothing. Infact, the blown-up Niger Bridge was repaired just because other regions of Nigeria would suffer. All that we received were 20 GBP each regardless of the millions you had pre-war.
The SE zone (despite major hubs of trade - Aba, Onitsha) only recently got an international airport. 2nd Niger Bridge was commissioned by GEJ after over 30 years of begging. The seaport we were promised has entered voicemail.
Re: JTF Kill 9 IPOB Members In Onitsha - Vanguard by mulattoclaro(m): 9:03pm On Dec 02, 2015
Shoot on sight. Kill any whom poses as a threat. Buhari should deploy fighter jets to the SE to clear the streets off these urchins.

1 Like

Re: JTF Kill 9 IPOB Members In Onitsha - Vanguard by stevLegend: 9:04pm On Dec 02, 2015
saintandsinnerz:

If you are a military officer, i declare you will die a terrible and shameful death! You will never see anything good in the military; violence will consume you and your family will never receive any compensation on your death! Pig

No mind d bastard. ''my blood dey hot,'' why u no go maiduguri? Make dem help u make d blood cold inside grave...
Ur mate dey finish school b4 dem join force to get gud & reputable rank. & u as their slave & errand dog dey shout of hot blood.
Re: JTF Kill 9 IPOB Members In Onitsha - Vanguard by Nobody: 9:06pm On Dec 02, 2015
Babangida70:
it's only in Nigeria that you cannot differentiate the work of the police and that of the military! A situation like this does not even warrant the presence of the military be it a combination of both forces or whatsoever....
Cameroon soldiers 'Killed 100 Boko Haram Fighters And Frees 900 Hostages' while our Nigerian soldiers are here firing live ammunition at armless civilians..

You are using live ammunition on peaceful protesters while you claim that there is not enough ammunition to fight Boko Haram.
Who is deceiving who
See an Igbo guy opening thread with Hausa name. Inferiority complex has killed you. Spit on ur head.

1 Like

Re: JTF Kill 9 IPOB Members In Onitsha - Vanguard by chigaemezuogu: 9:07pm On Dec 02, 2015
Nigeria army ran away in adamawa when bokoharam set their camp ablaze but now excercising their stupied power on civilians who are peaceful. Nigeria arm forces and their govt are disgrace to humanity.

1 Like

Re: JTF Kill 9 IPOB Members In Onitsha - Vanguard by oluwaahmed: 9:09pm On Dec 02, 2015
Ooooo God why kill peaceful protesters why It was peaceful untill JTF opened fire on dem around 1.am wen d world wld probably was not be watchin. Our military officials are rily nt smart Dats Y dey can't defeat a bunch of renegade terrorist called BH. Do dese soldiers tink dat if all dese protesters carry arms dey can withstan deir huge number?
I av bn in many solidarity/freedom marches esp durin d military era & we blocked roads,highways but we were rarely shot @.
Now d essence of evry protest is to draw attentn Dats y places like rods, high ways etc are blocked. No nid shootin pple, save d bullets 4 fulani herdsmen/boko haram

NB- dis is how d Arab spring & ghaddafi was brot down, because of clampin down of protesters

1 Like

Re: JTF Kill 9 IPOB Members In Onitsha - Vanguard by free2blast(m): 9:10pm On Dec 02, 2015
odeotito:
A run through of this thread (especially the quality and civility of responses in support of IPOB Ibo) is quite revealing! It validates what Prof. China Achebe had to say about his fellow Ibo. Here we go: Chinua Achebe had this to say -"There is no doubt at all that there is a strand in contemporary Igbo behavior that can offend; by its noisy exhibitionism and disregard for humility and quietness."
Receive sense

1 Like

Re: JTF Kill 9 IPOB Members In Onitsha - Vanguard by kennysbst(m): 9:11pm On Dec 02, 2015
geez18:

wetin dis one dey yarn?you think this is 1968? you think this time around it will be fought just in igboland? if this useless man you call a president does'nt come to the negotiation table soon, Nigeria will burn and i mean that literally!

Eayah I really felt for the dead. But you burning my con3 Nija is not possible cos ur forefathers once tried it but fail. War is not the solution to this issue since everyone needs the change•

1 Like

Re: JTF Kill 9 IPOB Members In Onitsha - Vanguard by ElCapone(m): 9:12pm On Dec 02, 2015
viickerz:
I Just pity all of the igbo guys here calling for war, if war breaks out, u people will be on the losing side because you are outnumbered,

let me ask you something, can u stand the sight of a hausa military man raping your sister,mother, and every other female in your family right in front of you, and all you can do is watch... Trust me, thats whats going to happen during the WAR that you people are spoiling for..

'Kill Anything that moves in igboland" ._ Benjamin Adekunle
Who no know no go know.

1 Like

Re: JTF Kill 9 IPOB Members In Onitsha - Vanguard by lordfemi(m): 9:14pm On Dec 02, 2015
Humm...kids haven't seen what their fathers saw during the civil war that's why they are so eager...people eat sticks for food and even eat one another. These children should ask their parents

I know it pains..but, compare any Igbo land to any Housa, and you will see the Igbo's is batter...why not be patient a little longer? Housa's still uses donkeys as means of transportation at far north and more... Igbos will have their president. Besides i think that's why the federation distrusts Igbo for president...they just want to go

As a Yoruba guy i admire what the Igbos want, i too want a Yoruba state... but the wise will know their are better ways to do this without violence. GOD helps as all
Re: JTF Kill 9 IPOB Members In Onitsha - Vanguard by Nobody: 9:14pm On Dec 02, 2015
free2blast:
Receive sense
Thanks. You just validated my comment and that of the respected but now deceased Prof.
Re: JTF Kill 9 IPOB Members In Onitsha - Vanguard by ElCapone(m): 9:15pm On Dec 02, 2015
liberty300:
Moments like this make we wish boko haram would kill more of these blood suckers
I salute ur stewpidity sha, and na wuna type go cry an eye for eye makes da world go blind. What is wrong is wrong.

1 Like

Re: JTF Kill 9 IPOB Members In Onitsha - Vanguard by sparkwil(m): 9:15pm On Dec 02, 2015
Buhari will die a miserable death. Take it or leave it Nigeria is doomed. Nothing will save her, not even the imbec!le she has as a president.

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) ... (14) (Reply)

What Is Bishop Oyedepo's Problem With Buhari? See This / INEC Chairman, Mahmood Yakubu Wearing An APC Campaign Cap With Broom Design / Court Nullifies Adeleke’s Nomination For Osun Guber Polls Over Cert Forgery

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 65
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.