Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,470 members, 7,819,718 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 09:34 PM

What Do You Think About People Who Use A 'tablet' As A Phone? - Phones (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / What Do You Think About People Who Use A 'tablet' As A Phone? (32055 Views)

Interesting Reasons To Still Buy A Tablet / 16 Things That Are Too Real For Nigerians Who Use Android Devices / Seven Things To Consider Before Buying A Tablet . (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Do You Think About People Who Use A 'tablet' As A Phone? by southcent: 12:07pm On Dec 03, 2015
op...

1 Like

Re: What Do You Think About People Who Use A 'tablet' As A Phone? by Nobody: 12:08pm On Dec 03, 2015
augster:
What‘s a device that uses sim cards and has a screen called? PHONE
Then place your laptop on your face & make calls
Re: What Do You Think About People Who Use A 'tablet' As A Phone? by Nobody: 12:08pm On Dec 03, 2015
Youngpo413:
For people with big hands.
And big head
Re: What Do You Think About People Who Use A 'tablet' As A Phone? by augster(m): 12:10pm On Dec 03, 2015
Mekwen:
Then place your laptop on your face & make calls
but then it‘s none of your business...and laptops dont use sim cards...they use modems

1 Like

Re: What Do You Think About People Who Use A 'tablet' As A Phone? by Living4christ(m): 12:10pm On Dec 03, 2015
We are going to set up a commitee to handle this matter as soon as possible, as it is turning to something else, like "madness", yes madness"

So who is seconding.
Re: What Do You Think About People Who Use A 'tablet' As A Phone? by OnankpaBa(m): 12:11pm On Dec 03, 2015
grin grin
Re: What Do You Think About People Who Use A 'tablet' As A Phone? by mjames: 12:13pm On Dec 03, 2015
greenhulk:

Wrong .Because a devices uses a sim card doesn't make it a phone. An iPad uses sim card but it'd not a phone, and that is why apple never included the GSM radio in their iPads, because they know people like u will mistake it for a phone .The sim card is strictly for internet . Even Samsung has stopped putting GSM radio in their tablets, and u can never find GSM radio on surface pro or Nokia lumia 2520 tablets. They all have sim cards but u can't make calls with them .U can't make calls with the nexus 9 or any other nexus tablets.

It is all these chinese phone makers that put gsm radio in their tablets just to attract customers . But what do u expect, these Chinese companies are ready to include any feature in their gadgets as gimmicks. They can add TV and even a cigarette lighter to their tablets.

You are funny
Re: What Do You Think About People Who Use A 'tablet' As A Phone? by Xhaka(m): 12:16pm On Dec 03, 2015
What if thats what your work require
You can't just be carrying laptop about
Re: What Do You Think About People Who Use A 'tablet' As A Phone? by Safari29: 12:18pm On Dec 03, 2015
Am using samsung galaxy note 10.1 2014 edition, mind you I carry it to almost everywhere, u want know why? I like it big, I read alot, and I love to read on big screen from Internet, ebooks, whatsup, even BBM. I have one small torch light phone for voice call sha

that's just me

1 Like

Re: What Do You Think About People Who Use A 'tablet' As A Phone? by Seculent: 12:22pm On Dec 03, 2015
Youngpo413:
For people with big hands.
How big can their hands be? Are they Goliath?
Re: What Do You Think About People Who Use A 'tablet' As A Phone? by Vecto(m): 12:23pm On Dec 03, 2015
timbros:

There is no law prohibiting one to place his face on a device when making calls.

If it's not comfortable with you, it is for others. You don't tag it improper because it's not comfortable with you. One man's food, they say, is another man's poison.

... And yes, I place my face on my laptop to make calls when head/earphone is not handy.
We know there's no law which condemns such act. Only pointing how Awkward one looks when they do such act.
Re: What Do You Think About People Who Use A 'tablet' As A Phone? by Nobody: 12:26pm On Dec 03, 2015
augster:
a tablet is a phone...it just has a bigger screen just to make it easier for people that would love to work on it. I know an app that makes call on tablets tho it uses wifi. You have a point tho cos it doesnt make sense to make calls on tablets without earphones

Oga, just because tecno tablets come with phone function doesn't mean a tablet is a phone. U will never find a phone app on an iPad or microsoft surface or the nexus tablet.
Re: What Do You Think About People Who Use A 'tablet' As A Phone? by FrancisCAF: 12:27pm On Dec 03, 2015
A tablet or the something of 7" and above device should be a writing pad and for other purposes. It should be a handy pc to store/access and process files, make use of them anywhere, anytime. It should be mobile not to be kept at home. It is not chiefly for making calls. You know Naija guys nah, they abuse and mismanage devices ignorantly. Some de show themselves with it, especially women. Many dont know how to use the programs in it. Some have pad, but rush to a business center to type and process their documents when the need arises. Some have pad but no money to suscribe for data service. It becomes a luggage to them. Lol. Some have pad but when they want to collect information, they start looking for pen and paper, some for taking pictures, playing games and video,na their own Nitendo be dat, some get pad and still carry their Advanced learners dictionary about, some get pad, when you ask them to send their CV and scanned credentials, they will tell you later, so that they go home and business center to do it,some go come to church with their own to show themselves, along the line forget their bible. When the man of God ask the congregation to open a book in the bible , still they start peeping in that of neighbour, when they have bible in their tabletooooooo, to mention but a few...lol choiiiii, Naija is too sweet. Oya jesters and clowns i dey wait for una bullet. Lol

4 Likes

Re: What Do You Think About People Who Use A 'tablet' As A Phone? by Vecto(m): 12:28pm On Dec 03, 2015
augster:
So a laptop is equally a phone then...?
Re: What Do You Think About People Who Use A 'tablet' As A Phone? by kolaaderin: 12:28pm On Dec 03, 2015
PhonePlanet:

A lot of people uses a tablet as their 'primary' phone

Making calls is not the problem...placing such big device on their face is....do you place the laptop on you face...

And what do u think about bluetooth device, no basis for this theory pls
Re: What Do You Think About People Who Use A 'tablet' As A Phone? by Nobody: 12:30pm On Dec 03, 2015
Safari29:
Am using samsung galaxy note 10.1 2014 edition, mind you I carry it to almost everywhere, u want know why? I like it big, I read alot, and I love to read on big screen from Internet, ebooks, whatsup, even BBM. I have one small torch light phone for voice call sha

that's just me

Does ur galaxy tab have a phone app? I mean real phone app where u can call without internet? Nothing wrong with carrying a tab everywhere, I do that too. But it is awkward placing a 10 inch tablet on ur face to make phone calls. That is why most tablets don't come with a gsm radio, and that is why a 5 inch galaxy s phone is more expensive than a 10 inch galaxy tab. U wanna know why? Because the galaxy phone has a gsm radio while the tab doesn't. The galaxy phone has better camera with flash, because they don't expect u to take serious pictures with ur tablet.
Re: What Do You Think About People Who Use A 'tablet' As A Phone? by augster(m): 12:31pm On Dec 03, 2015
Vecto:
So a laptop is equally a phone then...?
ohh jesus christ!!! Laptops use modems!
Re: What Do You Think About People Who Use A 'tablet' As A Phone? by augster(m): 12:33pm On Dec 03, 2015
greenhulk:

Oga, just because tecno tablets come with phone function doesn't mean a tablet is a phone. U will never find a phone app on an iPad or microsoft surface or the nexus tablet.
wetin concern me with Tecno? #TeamLG
Re: What Do You Think About People Who Use A 'tablet' As A Phone? by Safari29: 12:41pm On Dec 03, 2015
greenhulk:

Does ur galaxy tab have a phone app? I mean real phone app where u can call without internet? Nothing wrong with carrying a tab everywhere, I do that too. But it is awkward placing a 10 inch tablet on ur face to make phone calls. That is why most tablets don't come with a gsm radio, and that is why a 5 inch galaxy s phone is more expensive than a 10 inch galaxy tab. U wanna know why? Because the galaxy phone has a gsm radio while the tab doesn't. The galaxy phone has better camera with flash, because they don't expect u to take serious pictures with ur tablet.
well I don't use my 10.1 tablet for calls, but I see nothing wrong if i use earphone or blue tooth device for my voice call, yes my tab can do all and more a phone does
Re: What Do You Think About People Who Use A 'tablet' As A Phone? by Nobody: 12:43pm On Dec 03, 2015
It can be used for what app ,surfing,face booking and like.but anwering and making calls doesn't seems to be proper
Re: What Do You Think About People Who Use A 'tablet' As A Phone? by adedayourt(m): 12:44pm On Dec 03, 2015
LOOK AT SOM1 USING PANADOL FOR ODA PPLES HEAD ACH undecided undecided
Re: What Do You Think About People Who Use A 'tablet' As A Phone? by PhonePlanet(m): 12:45pm On Dec 03, 2015
Patented:
the lines between a tablet and a phone have become blurred. they have been nicknamed phablets now sef. where a tablet can carry a sim and make calls why not use it and maximize functions. if a person's primary line is his preferred data network so be it. maybe you should blame the manufacturers and not the users @ OP
Yes I blame them too
Re: What Do You Think About People Who Use A 'tablet' As A Phone? by Nobody: 12:46pm On Dec 03, 2015
mjames:

You are funny

How am I funny?
Re: What Do You Think About People Who Use A 'tablet' As A Phone? by PhonePlanet(m): 12:46pm On Dec 03, 2015
ILOVETOFUCK:
OP u dey m*ad ni?? what concerns you if I decide to use my tab for calls. and this c*rap made frontpage. issorite.
You made a mistake in your profile. Its M not F

1 Like

Re: What Do You Think About People Who Use A 'tablet' As A Phone? by Nobody: 12:46pm On Dec 03, 2015
Its mainly for show.look at me and my big device.if u must carry it around let it be in a bag.why do girls like holding their phones it their hands.,what happen to d pockets and hand bags?
Re: What Do You Think About People Who Use A 'tablet' As A Phone? by Nobody: 12:47pm On Dec 03, 2015
augster:
Devices that uses SIM card are not called phones.is iPad a phone?also tablets are not phone that's why they are called by different names
Re: What Do You Think About People Who Use A 'tablet' As A Phone? by Nobody: 12:47pm On Dec 03, 2015
Safari29:

well I don't use my 10.1 tablet for calls, but I see nothing wrong if i use earphone or blue tooth device for my voice call, yes my tab can do all and more a phone does

Yes u can use Bluetooth or earphones to make a internet calls, not gsm calls. The tablet is meant for face time, Skype calls or other internet conference and video calls not for gsm calls. Check ur tablet and tell me if it does have a phone app
Re: What Do You Think About People Who Use A 'tablet' As A Phone? by PhonePlanet(m): 12:48pm On Dec 03, 2015
vfactor:

Why does it have features to make and recieve calls? I buy glo N2500. They give me extra 5k for calls and messages. I am making calls with my mtn line and my credit runs out. So by ur theory, I shouldn't use the 5k extra credit in my tab that has the features for making calls to complete the call I was making abi? Even if I am doing so with an earpiece?

You re not serious!
If you followed my comments well, I said an earpiece is fyn. But not. Placing in on your face esp in public.
Re: What Do You Think About People Who Use A 'tablet' As A Phone? by Safari29: 12:51pm On Dec 03, 2015
greenhulk:

Yes u can use Bluetooth or earphones to make a internet calls, not gsm calls. The tablet is meant for face time, Skype calls or other internet conference and video calls not for gsm calls. Check ur tablet and tell me if it does have a phone app

my own tablet samsung galaxy note 10.1 2014 version can make gsm calls just like phones, and it can even do more than a phone does. check the spec online

1 Like

Re: What Do You Think About People Who Use A 'tablet' As A Phone? by BumbleDevil: 12:52pm On Dec 03, 2015
PhonePlanet:
Good day guys. There is something now that is very common among us here in Nigeria now, which is the fact that people carry a 7-Inch device or bigger about as a mobile phone. One example of such devices which seem to be most popular amongst users is the Tecno Droipad, and while this seem inappropriate, it also seems to be what most Average Nigerians have settled for.

I don't understand what reasons are responsible for this act and would love to if someone could explain to me, but yet I'm 100% convinced already that there is not explanation for such.

Its Just so so akward for people to call a 7-inch device "My Phone" or "phone" self, using it to make calls by placing the full 7-inch on their face, and collecting people number with it, or even using whatsapp with it especially in public places like a bus! cos 7-inch device is obviously a tablet!! And tablets where built to serve a different purpose from Phones.

I just felt like letting this out of my mind. Please if you are among them, save money and buy a phone! Even if na touch lite. And keep your tab at home. Or use it in private for other stuffs, not as a regular phone. Its not proper.

Stupid and rubbish post. If they dont call it my phone, should they call it your phone. You re high on weed and your supplier is damn good
Re: What Do You Think About People Who Use A 'tablet' As A Phone? by augster(m): 12:52pm On Dec 03, 2015
marxydans:

Devices that uses SIM card are not called phones.is iPad a phone?also tablets are not phone that's why they are called by different names
whats the diff btw an ipad and a tab? Now relate it to the topic! Have a nice day
Re: What Do You Think About People Who Use A 'tablet' As A Phone? by coolhumble(m): 12:54pm On Dec 03, 2015
I use samsung galaxy tab and i hardly go out with it except if i drive but that does not mean is inappropriate to go out with what you bought with your money. Why was it made in the first place if not to be used as what it meant for? I see nothing wrong with it.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

A Nairalander Unboxes His Brand New BB OS 7.1 Device / 5 Must Have Accessories For Smartphone Owners / Mtn 50mb And 25mb Plans

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.