Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,461 members, 7,819,680 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 08:43 PM

What Do You Think About People Who Use A 'tablet' As A Phone? - Phones (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / What Do You Think About People Who Use A 'tablet' As A Phone? (32053 Views)

Interesting Reasons To Still Buy A Tablet / 16 Things That Are Too Real For Nigerians Who Use Android Devices / Seven Things To Consider Before Buying A Tablet . (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Do You Think About People Who Use A 'tablet' As A Phone? by skedy1(m): 4:26pm On Dec 03, 2015
igraman:
shoro niyen ...
I'm using tecno 7C tab. and its always mobile with me. I refuse to be compromised. carry your theory away from here now !
Hahahahahah
Re: What Do You Think About People Who Use A 'tablet' As A Phone? by ifeomaekol(f): 4:32pm On Dec 03, 2015
Op tho it sort of weird, bt I respect others opinions n choices, if some one is comfortable using a tablet as phone or to make calls then others should respect dt too. Its d person's money, he's/her choice, their life.
Re: What Do You Think About People Who Use A 'tablet' As A Phone? by igraman(m): 4:52pm On Dec 03, 2015
pomsky:

[size=14pt]......my bro, i use my galaxy tab 10' to make & receive calls, even at the airport.
Make e con collect am from my hand now.....na im own? Wetin consign am hw i use am?
.......if e let me vex now, i go take am make call inside swimming pool and receive call inside river grin[/size]
don't mind d guy jare
Re: What Do You Think About People Who Use A 'tablet' As A Phone? by Damfostopper(m): 5:34pm On Dec 03, 2015
op....im using Techno phampton tab G9 to make n recieve calls,....u can cum suck my diick for all i care....stewpid post
Re: What Do You Think About People Who Use A 'tablet' As A Phone? by timbros(m): 5:54pm On Dec 03, 2015
airsaylongcon:

You missed the point about instant messaging (whatsapp). On a 7in tab, your chats are easily visible to the person seating next to you in a bus. Loss of privacy is what's the concern here

That should be my concern. OP shouldn't say its 'not proper' for one to Whatsapp in public with a tab.
Re: What Do You Think About People Who Use A 'tablet' As A Phone? by danidee10(m): 5:59pm On Dec 03, 2015
OP if the manufacturers didn't want it to be used as a phone then they wouldn't have added the functionality simple..... undecided Next!!!!
Re: What Do You Think About People Who Use A 'tablet' As A Phone? by SACI: 6:13pm On Dec 03, 2015
Itz bizarre..especially wen dey r answering calls witout ear piece
Re: What Do You Think About People Who Use A 'tablet' As A Phone? by PhonePlanet(m): 6:33pm On Dec 03, 2015
Damfostopper:
op....im using Techno phampton tab G9 to make n recieve calls,....u can cum suck my diick for all i care....stewpid post
I no dey force people to have sense.
Re: What Do You Think About People Who Use A 'tablet' As A Phone? by PhonePlanet(m): 6:43pm On Dec 03, 2015
timbros:

Who says I can't?

Have you ever had a project with the deadline approaching when you use every available time to do one or two things?

So if I have my laptop with me on my way to/back from work, and it's conducive for me, I can't open my laptop and do something?

In traffic and I just saw a guy using his laptop in a danfo tho.... He looks like he is working with Microsoft office.
Re: What Do You Think About People Who Use A 'tablet' As A Phone? by Nobody: 6:46pm On Dec 03, 2015
augster:
What‘s a device that uses sim cards and has a screen called? PHONE
My laptop has a screen and also uses a sim card. A POS terminal also has a screen and uses a sim card to
Re: What Do You Think About People Who Use A 'tablet' As A Phone? by augster(m): 6:57pm On Dec 03, 2015
PhonePlanet:
augster see your brother...oya pass the knowledge you learnt today...grin
grin
Re: What Do You Think About People Who Use A 'tablet' As A Phone? by danielsunky(m): 6:59pm On Dec 03, 2015
PhonePlanet:
Good day guys. There is something now that is very common among us here in Nigeria now, which is the fact that people carry a 7-Inch device or bigger about as a mobile phone. One example of such devices which seem to be most popular amongst users is the Tecno Droipad, and while this seem inappropriate, it also seems to be what most Average Nigerians have settled for.

I don't understand what reasons are responsible for this act and would love to if someone could explain to me, but yet I'm 100% convinced already that there is not explanation for such.

Its Just so so akward for people to call a 7-inch device "My Phone" or "phone" self, using it to make calls by placing the full 7-inch on their face, and collecting people number with it, or even using whatsapp with it especially in public places like a bus! cos 7-inch device is obviously a tablet!! And tablets where built to serve a different purpose from Phones.

I just felt like letting this out of my mind. Please if you are among them, save money and buy a phone! Even if na touch lite. And keep your tab at home. Or use it in private for other stuffs, not as a regular phone. Its not proper.
mumu talk
Re: What Do You Think About People Who Use A 'tablet' As A Phone? by ReportersNG: 7:27pm On Dec 03, 2015
PhonePlanet:

You said your 7 inch 'tab'...then you said 'phone' again.

Dude its a TAB which is Tablet. Not a phone. If it has phone capabilities...fine...make your calls using a earpiece...not by force turning the tab into a phone.
dude i tab is a fone.. ... .. . Online screen size separates it from others...... ... Understood.... ..
Re: What Do You Think About People Who Use A 'tablet' As A Phone? by ColeworldMD(m): 7:32pm On Dec 03, 2015
greenhulk:

That is another issue bro. I went to s wedding last week and this chick was taking pictures with her iPad. She thought she was taking better pictures and was forming levels. I pulled out my phone, took a picture and showed her and she was amazed how good the picture turned out. This girl actually had an LG g3 which takes far better pictures than an iPad, but ignorance no let am. Tablets have cameras for emergency pictures only, but not for taking main pictures. That is why they all have low quality cameras compared to phones.
Simple reason - apple more respect dan lg g3 hence beta fr braggn
Re: What Do You Think About People Who Use A 'tablet' As A Phone? by Abdhool(m): 7:43pm On Dec 03, 2015
If u wear jean with da kind fone...i pity ur swag of inconvenience

1 Like

Re: What Do You Think About People Who Use A 'tablet' As A Phone? by Nobody: 7:47pm On Dec 03, 2015
ColeworldMD:

Simple reason - apple more respect dan lg g3 hence beta fr braggn

Even at the expense of taking poorer pictures and inconvenience in carrying about. If u ask me I'd say it's stupidity for someone to prefer taking pictures with iPad and keep her LG g3 in her bag.

1 Like

Re: What Do You Think About People Who Use A 'tablet' As A Phone? by deavicky(m): 7:48pm On Dec 03, 2015
I don't know o, cos I had used it for phone too. And the truth is that I feel good with it
Re: What Do You Think About People Who Use A 'tablet' As A Phone? by timbros(m): 7:53pm On Dec 03, 2015
PhonePlanet:

In traffic and I just saw a guy using his laptop in a danfo tho.... He looks like he is working with Microsoft office.

You see what I mean?

Thumbs up bro.

1 Like

Re: What Do You Think About People Who Use A 'tablet' As A Phone? by ewizard1: 8:18pm On Dec 03, 2015
Ah... Una still dey dis thread?
Nigerians! I just love us. grin

1 Like

Re: What Do You Think About People Who Use A 'tablet' As A Phone? by acooriz(m): 8:19pm On Dec 03, 2015
If it was ur grand fathers that invented the tablet.. Dere would have been an argument... But since they weren't the ones.. Pls follow the original specs of the tablet.. Op.. Ur on point
Re: What Do You Think About People Who Use A 'tablet' As A Phone? by ewizard1: 8:25pm On Dec 03, 2015
acooriz:
If it was ur grand fathers that invented the tablet.. Dere would have been an argument... But since they weren't the ones.. Pls follow the original specs of the tablet.. Op.. Ur on point
I tell you bro... Was just laffing at their comments.
Oyinbo wey do am no call am PHONE, them reason so tey call an TABLET. Because them come put SIM slot so e go dey easy to dey use am to Surf the internet and integrate Call feature. Nigerians say na phone.
Re: What Do You Think About People Who Use A 'tablet' As A Phone? by ewizard1: 8:28pm On Dec 03, 2015
If you care to learn....
Here... www.techradar.com/news/phone-and-communications/mobile-phones/tablet-or-phone-which-should-you-choose--1202489

Should you find it hard to comprehend, heres a simple one...

Re: What Do You Think About People Who Use A 'tablet' As A Phone? by PhonePlanet(m): 8:35pm On Dec 03, 2015
deavicky:
I don't know o, cos I had used it for phone too. And the truth is that I feel good with it
Hmmm
Re: What Do You Think About People Who Use A 'tablet' As A Phone? by PhonePlanet(m): 8:39pm On Dec 03, 2015
ewizard1:
If you care to learn....
Here... www.techradar.com/news/phone-and-communications/mobile-phones/tablet-or-phone-which-should-you-choose--1202489

Should you find it hard to comprehend, heres a simple one...
From that link also

""Phones are the better messaging devices, so if
you're going to be sending a lot of texts,
constantly checking your email or spending
hours on instant messaging services then you'll
want to lean towards a smartphone. Tablets are
able to manage emails as well as run some
instant messaging services, but phones win out
overall here.""

You see why I was talking bout people whatsapping with a tab in public?
Re: What Do You Think About People Who Use A 'tablet' As A Phone? by tasceige(m): 9:06pm On Dec 03, 2015
greenhulk:

Just take a look at this.
Lmoa..
Re: What Do You Think About People Who Use A 'tablet' As A Phone? by Engrkay11(m): 9:24pm On Dec 03, 2015
Buying and using tablets to make call or other things outside supposed nt to be a problm but d way they are handled. Making calls with tab using earphone is very okay than placing it on one's face.
Let pple enjoy their money the way they want it. Or House has passed bill on preventing pple from using tablets outside ?
Re: What Do You Think About People Who Use A 'tablet' As A Phone? by ColeworldMD(m): 9:32pm On Dec 03, 2015
greenhulk:

Even at the expense of taking poorer pictures and inconvenience in carrying about. If u ask me I'd say it's stupidity for someone to prefer taking pictures with iPad and keep her LG g3 in her bag.
I agree. Women logic will always be baffling
Re: What Do You Think About People Who Use A 'tablet' As A Phone? by Nobody: 12:02am On Dec 04, 2015
Idydarling:

help me tell him please
all dz uniuyo beeshiiz sha.. Always wanting to feel among
Re: What Do You Think About People Who Use A 'tablet' As A Phone? by mikolo80: 12:41am On Dec 04, 2015
PhonePlanet:
Good day guys. There is something now that is very common among us here in Nigeria now, which is the fact that people carry a 7-Inch device or bigger about as a mobile phone. One example of such devices which seem to be most popular amongst users is the Tecno Droipad, and while this seem inappropriate, it also seems to be what most Average Nigerians have settled for.

I don't understand what reasons are responsible for this act and would love to if someone could explain to me, but yet I'm 100% convinced already that there is not explanation for such.

Its Just so so akward for people to call a 7-inch device "My Phone" or "phone" self, using it to make calls by placing the full 7-inch on their face, and collecting people number with it, or even using whatsapp with it especially in public places like a bus! cos 7-inch device is obviously a tablet!! And tablets where built to serve a different purpose from Phones.

I just felt like letting this out of my mind. Please if you are among them, save money and buy a phone! Even if na touch lite. And keep your tab at home. Or use it in private for other stuffs, not as a regular phone. Its not proper.
if e pain you you fit buy extra phone for dem na as e be like say you get moni pass sense
Re: What Do You Think About People Who Use A 'tablet' As A Phone? by Lothbrok(m): 7:02am On Dec 04, 2015
PhonePlanet:

From that link also

""Phones are the better messaging devices, so if
you're going to be sending a lot of texts,
constantly checking your email or spending
hours on instant messaging services then you'll
want to lean towards a smartphone. Tablets are
able to manage emails as well as run some
instant messaging services, but phones win out
overall here.""

You see why I was talking bout people whatsapping with a tab in public?

Guy I disagree with you here. . It about what's comfortable for you.

My new Samsung Tab 4, 10.1 has multi window feature which enables me play around with social media apps, and instant messaging services at will.

It's convenient for me and the multitasking is superb. . All I do is supplement my gadget with a small Nokia device for calls only, while d tab is for internet and MS works.
Re: What Do You Think About People Who Use A 'tablet' As A Phone? by sunnedee2: 7:22am On Dec 04, 2015
augster:
What‘s a device that uses sim cards and has a screen called? PHONE
Wrong!
To use your language :
My Dell laptop uses a sim card and has a screen. It ain't a phone brother!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

A Nairalander Unboxes His Brand New BB OS 7.1 Device / 5 Must Have Accessories For Smartphone Owners / Mtn 50mb And 25mb Plans

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 62
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.