Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,831 members, 7,810,200 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 11:18 PM

Edo Pays Workers’ November Salaries Ahead Of Other States - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Edo Pays Workers’ November Salaries Ahead Of Other States (17094 Views)

Anambra Govt Pays March Salaries Ahead Of Easter / Anambra Pays Civil Servants March 2016 Salaries Ahead Of Easter / Governor Fayose Pays Workers' 2 Months' Salary, Collects It Back (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Edo Pays Workers’ November Salaries Ahead Of Other States by ShowYourCertificate: 8:33am On Dec 04, 2015
THERE was jubilation by public workers in Edo State, after they received alert of the payment of their November salaries, when many states are still battling to clear the backlog of workers’ salaries and allowances.

Civil servants in the state who thronged to various banks yesterday said they had every reason to support and put in their best into the Adams Oshiomhole led administration because the government had shown responsibility to workers welfare by paying their November salaries on   November 25, in the midst of dwindling resources in the country.

Many of the workers were seen at the secretariat praying for the governor and pledging their continued support.Reacting to the development in a statement, Forum of Senior Special Assistants to Oshiomhole confirmed the  payment of workers’ salaries saying, “Before the close of work on  Wednesday, Edo State Government through an alert received on phones,  paid November salaries.

The statement by Mr. Theophilus Afuda and Mr. John Mayaki, respectively,  said: “This singular action, and flowing from previous months of prompt payment of salaries, we can boldly and confidently say  Governor Adams Oshiomhole is the first Governor in Nigeria to pay this months’  workers’ salaries.

This masterstroke is overkill from a most responsible workers’ Governor in Nigeria, especially so, at a time the country and state  governments are in financial despair and experiencing dwindling revenue  and uncertainties.

We say overkill because this is landmark precedence for the-would-be  successor to begin to devise the Oshiomhole skills to achieve this feat. We all must pray that we do not get a lesser sterling governor post Oshiomhole.

“This issue will form a big part of our debate as it relates to Adams Oshiomhole’s stewardship so far in Edo State and beyond but unfortunately, desperate critics have cautiously avoided this public  discourse of Adams Oshiomhole’s efficient economic management.

“We cannot pretend to have forgotten so soon, how workers in this state were owed salaries spanning several months by previous administrations.”
http://www.vanguardngr.com/2015/11/jubilation-as-edo-pays-workers-nov-salaries-ahead-of-other-states/

When did payment of salary become a big deal that people are jubilating and praising the governor. Didn't they not work for it? Was payment of salary ever a big deal in the previous FG's regime. We are really going backwards in this country.

Meanwhile, the FG along with many other states are yet to pay their workers. It is well

42 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Edo Pays Workers’ November Salaries Ahead Of Other States by ShowYourCertificate: 8:34am On Dec 04, 2015
"Governor Adams Oshiomhole is the first Governor in Nigeria to pay this months’  workers’ salaries."

When did payment of salary become a big deal that people are jubilating and praising the governor. Didn't they not work for it? Was payment of salary ever a big deal in the previous regime of Obasanjo or Yar Adua or even Jonathan. We are really going backwards in this country. 

Meanwhile, the FG along with many other states are yet to pay their workers. It is well. This is what you get when a dullard is elected as president. Only God can help us now.

50 Likes 8 Shares

Re: Edo Pays Workers’ November Salaries Ahead Of Other States by PRYCE(m): 8:36am On Dec 04, 2015
Jubilating For their right!.... Nigerians ehh!

22 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Edo Pays Workers’ November Salaries Ahead Of Other States by Orjioorji(f): 8:36am On Dec 04, 2015
this is clear evidence of poverty stricken state,

25 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Edo Pays Workers’ November Salaries Ahead Of Other States by ShowYourCertificate: 8:37am On Dec 04, 2015
Lalasticlala, Obinoscopy, Dominique and Seun, come and see o. They've started paying salaries. Workers are jubilating cheesy

2 Likes

Re: Edo Pays Workers’ November Salaries Ahead Of Other States by tayebest(m): 8:37am On Dec 04, 2015
[s]
ShowYourCertificate:
Meanwhile, the FG along with many other states are yet to pay their workers. It is well. This is what you get when a dullard is elected as president. Only God can help us now.
[/s]

RUBBISH....

My Father has received his salary yesterday, likewise My bro!

Poverty wey go kill una ehn! angry

22 Likes

Re: Edo Pays Workers’ November Salaries Ahead Of Other States by looseweight: 9:33am On Dec 04, 2015
Welcome to Nigeria where workers jubilate to receive payments for their sweat...

We are really suffering in this country.

IAMLOOSEWEIGHT

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: Edo Pays Workers’ November Salaries Ahead Of Other States by Taiwo20(m): 9:34am On Dec 04, 2015
Hmm..
Re: Edo Pays Workers’ November Salaries Ahead Of Other States by massinola(m): 9:34am On Dec 04, 2015
k
Re: Edo Pays Workers’ November Salaries Ahead Of Other States by lasisi69(f): 9:35am On Dec 04, 2015
End time jubilation

1 Like

Re: Edo Pays Workers’ November Salaries Ahead Of Other States by JideTheBlogger(m): 9:35am On Dec 04, 2015
Godwin cheesy

1 Like

Re: Edo Pays Workers’ November Salaries Ahead Of Other States by Nobody: 9:36am On Dec 04, 2015
really? grin
Re: Edo Pays Workers’ November Salaries Ahead Of Other States by Segadem(m): 9:36am On Dec 04, 2015
Ok
Re: Edo Pays Workers’ November Salaries Ahead Of Other States by kamez(m): 9:36am On Dec 04, 2015
never knew things had deteriorated to this level..

civil servants now dance azonto wen they are lucky enough to receive their hard laboured entitlements

it is well

13 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Edo Pays Workers’ November Salaries Ahead Of Other States by allanphash7(m): 9:36am On Dec 04, 2015
I weep bitterly for this country weneva i read this kind of news

Why jubilating ?

Because you are been paid for the work you have done?

Does this call for jubilation or testimony or showing how kind hearted the governor or the boss his?

Smh seriously

Nigeria sucks

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Edo Pays Workers’ November Salaries Ahead Of Other States by kenconsult: 9:36am On Dec 04, 2015
Oshio baba

1 Like

Re: Edo Pays Workers’ November Salaries Ahead Of Other States by Ask4bigneyo(m): 9:36am On Dec 04, 2015
End Time Salaries

1 Like

Re: Edo Pays Workers’ November Salaries Ahead Of Other States by DONSMITH123(m): 9:36am On Dec 04, 2015
Oshio Baba i hail o. Airforce1, i no tell you? You can see that lara my Ex-Girlfriend is working on Oshio grin grin grin grin

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Edo Pays Workers’ November Salaries Ahead Of Other States by shegzan(m): 9:36am On Dec 04, 2015
Ahead of others? November salary in December? I can imagine!!

2 Likes

Re: Edo Pays Workers’ November Salaries Ahead Of Other States by Nobody: 9:37am On Dec 04, 2015
Another reason why I hate the Rat Race with a passion.

2 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Edo Pays Workers’ November Salaries Ahead Of Other States by armadeo(m): 9:37am On Dec 04, 2015
For real. My peeps in lagos don finish thier own since last week.

None of them was saying ambo oh ambo. Normal tins.

3 Likes

Re: Edo Pays Workers’ November Salaries Ahead Of Other States by Daslim180(m): 9:37am On Dec 04, 2015
I shake my head for we the poor Nigerians....... For God sake it is money from your sweat which must be paid to you. But not still withstanding, still called for jubilation though because some State Gov't like..........may no be able to pay till next year!
Re: Edo Pays Workers’ November Salaries Ahead Of Other States by Sijo01(f): 9:38am On Dec 04, 2015
ShowYourCertificate:
"Governor Adams Oshiomhole is the first Governor in Nigeria to pay this months’  workers’ salaries."

When did payment of salary become a big deal that people are jubilating and praising the governor. Didn't they not work for it? Was payment of salary ever a big deal in the previous regime of Obasanjo or Yar Adua or even Jonathan. We are really going backwards in this country. 

You took those words outta my fingers.

3 Likes

Re: Edo Pays Workers’ November Salaries Ahead Of Other States by Trillyonaire: 9:38am On Dec 04, 2015
The only country where November Salaries paid in December are a cause for celebration

Where Power being supplied by the "Power" company is a thing of Joy

We need deliverance from the spirit of mediocrity

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: Edo Pays Workers’ November Salaries Ahead Of Other States by yomalex(m): 9:38am On Dec 04, 2015
Good
Re: Edo Pays Workers’ November Salaries Ahead Of Other States by kings09(m): 9:38am On Dec 04, 2015
Nawa oo. Payment of salaries has now become a favor govt is doing its workers. This is nt a way forward. Y shld me salary be a festive celebration wen I ve worked 4 it. Sumtin z definitely wrong in dis country

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Edo Pays Workers’ November Salaries Ahead Of Other States by ajbabs(m): 9:39am On Dec 04, 2015
So paying salary don't become joyful tins now

2 Likes

Re: Edo Pays Workers’ November Salaries Ahead Of Other States by PLANETMARS(m): 9:39am On Dec 04, 2015
Oshio baba reduce our school fees (aau) with your gorilla face.
Re: Edo Pays Workers’ November Salaries Ahead Of Other States by sexaddict08(m): 9:39am On Dec 04, 2015
sai Changi
Re: Edo Pays Workers’ November Salaries Ahead Of Other States by Nobody: 9:40am On Dec 04, 2015
kings09:
Nawa oo. Payment of salaries has now become a favor govt is doing its workers. This is nt a way forward. Y shld me salary be a festive celebration wen I ve worked 4 it. Sumtin z definitely wrong in dis country

Yes. Something is definitely wrong in this country; and it's the primitive MINDSET of the masses.

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Edo Pays Workers’ November Salaries Ahead Of Other States by NOBODYY: 9:40am On Dec 04, 2015
Jesus christ.. Why wont our rights be trampled upon? shocked
Jubilating cuz you were paid November salary in December..

Chaii... it is well

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Edo Pays Workers’ November Salaries Ahead Of Other States by Nobody: 9:40am On Dec 04, 2015
Can you imagine? What they worked for,their entitlements........This Nigeria self

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

DSS Not Sponsoring Biafra National Guard To Enforce Sit-at-home Order - Army / 2023: Oyetola Directs All Political Appointees To Resign / Betta Edu: N585m Palliative Scandal Under Investigation – Bayo Onanuga

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.