Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,848 members, 7,813,871 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 08:17 PM

Angry Citizen Blasts Immigration Officials In Lagos Airport For Bribery - Travel (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Angry Citizen Blasts Immigration Officials In Lagos Airport For Bribery (51705 Views)

FG To Shut Abuja Airport For 6 Weeks / Lady Stikes A Pose As Airport Officials In Lagos Stare - .Photos / Blackout Hits Lagos International Airport For Over 2 Hours (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Angry Citizen Blasts Immigration Officials In Lagos Airport For Bribery by Charly68: 7:12pm On Dec 04, 2015
Thank God for this page,we shall help those corrupt officials to lose their jobs because they are misfit ..They embarrass travelers too much..I was traveling sometimes ago & they were asking me for parting gifts..I told them are they not on Govt salary ? Useless people who have turned themselves to authority robbers at Airport

7 Likes

Re: Angry Citizen Blasts Immigration Officials In Lagos Airport For Bribery by AfroKnight: 7:13pm On Dec 04, 2015
okeyley:
CHANGE indeed

later some mufos will come and be shouting

sai BULLharry

Obviously you have never travelled out of this country by air. This is an old practice thanks to PDP's 16 years of misrule.

God help you if you're just going for the first time. $100 must change hands.
Re: Angry Citizen Blasts Immigration Officials In Lagos Airport For Bribery by Nobody: 7:16pm On Dec 04, 2015
Some people wey nova see airport before now go begin shout immigration ooo
Re: Angry Citizen Blasts Immigration Officials In Lagos Airport For Bribery by jideflows(m): 7:17pm On Dec 04, 2015
ritzyvic1:

You may not beleive it but I have experienced it and it wasn't funny. Immediately they see that ur passport is being used for international travel 4 the first time, they try to cash in on that. My advice 4 1st time travellers is not 2 convert all the money with them 2 dollars, leave some nairas unchanged and be using it 2 settle the greedy officials instead of missing ur flight

Me no b first time traveler oh... no b second time... na their way for that airport. . According to my Korea instructor. . He say na give me chop chop. .. Nigeria airport people always ask.. chop chop.. give me chop chop.. thats the words he uses...
Re: Angry Citizen Blasts Immigration Officials In Lagos Airport For Bribery by martineverest(m): 7:17pm On Dec 04, 2015
Hmm
Re: Angry Citizen Blasts Immigration Officials In Lagos Airport For Bribery by SmartMugu: 7:17pm On Dec 04, 2015
Isn't Amaechi the minister of transportation? I would think he should be responsible for fixing issues like this, or hasn't he resumed office yet?

3 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Angry Citizen Blasts Immigration Officials In Lagos Airport For Bribery by magicminister: 7:20pm On Dec 04, 2015
there is obviously more to this.
SHE ISN'T THE ONLY FIRST TIME TRAVELLER.
our immigration people will beg for money but they are never ever imposing.

anyway, i believe bribery and corruption of any kind should be severely dealt with
Re: Angry Citizen Blasts Immigration Officials In Lagos Airport For Bribery by indomitable234: 7:20pm On Dec 04, 2015
Same bastard did same to me on my way to dubai last month insisted on me paying them 10k because I was carrying a virgin passport,
Something has to be done about this because it's becoming a national embarrassment

2 Likes

Re: Angry Citizen Blasts Immigration Officials In Lagos Airport For Bribery by Iamsolslim(m): 7:22pm On Dec 04, 2015
claremont:
I still don't understand why/how immigration can seize the passport of a traveler who hasn't committed an immigration offence. How is that possible?! I know some of the immigration officials are corrupt, but surely, they can't just seize a passport with a legitimate visa.

I swear to God me too don experience this kind of shit early this year.
After checking my passport the man was like do u have any currency with u, as a learner me too was like yah, How much? I said #10k but I get like #175k and 795 ghana cedis with me. Next tin d man drop my passport under his locker and told me to move aside but I av less than 5mins b4 my times up. as a sharp guy I just stay close to him drop #1k under his desk and took my passport. D Guy was just laffin

1 Like

Re: Angry Citizen Blasts Immigration Officials In Lagos Airport For Bribery by GboyegaD(m): 7:22pm On Dec 04, 2015
I don't hope to experience such ooo. I don't see it as a nice experience.
Re: Angry Citizen Blasts Immigration Officials In Lagos Airport For Bribery by okeyley: 7:23pm On Dec 04, 2015
AfroKnight:

Obviously you have never travelled out of this country by air. This is an old practice thanks to PDP's 16 years of misrule.

God help you if you're just going for the first time. $100 must change hands.

But its worse now that workers are no being paid promptly

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Angry Citizen Blasts Immigration Officials In Lagos Airport For Bribery by Donbrig: 7:25pm On Dec 04, 2015
Immigration officers in Nigeria Airports is one of the worst in the world. It is always a daylight robbering inside MMA. It is time for FG to put an end to this mess. Nigerians are sick and tired of these disgraceful Immigration Officers.

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Angry Citizen Blasts Immigration Officials In Lagos Airport For Bribery by Nobody: 7:25pm On Dec 04, 2015
Odi Serious!
Need something from Jumia at shipping discount? Contact me now!
Re: Angry Citizen Blasts Immigration Officials In Lagos Airport For Bribery by scachy(m): 7:26pm On Dec 04, 2015
Honestly those immigration officials at Murtala Muhammad airport r a big disgrace.that's what I face anything I intend to travel through Lagos airport. I hope the relevant authority ll do something about this. It's pathetic indeed. All of them, ranging from immigration officials to security officials.

1 Like

Re: Angry Citizen Blasts Immigration Officials In Lagos Airport For Bribery by okeyley: 7:26pm On Dec 04, 2015
efilefun:
Lagos airport is just damn worst, i could remember paying 500 for sellotape at the airport and was the last person to board the flight cuz i refused to settle them, at first i was nervous but a man confidently told me the plane cant leave as long as i have checked in on their counter moreover one of the airline staff was following me but she coudnt say a word. I stood my ground and didnt pay anybody 1naira. They only called me names and i left with my money intact.

Only a mofo who never left the shores of Nigeria will post this kinda poo. This is not new in Lagos Airport and wont stop overnight, i had similar incident at the airport years back i left naija and PMB never thought of being in Aso rock then. So stick your noise deep into your arse

Nigerians are now experiencing more worse situations than ever before
Nothing is working now. We know the system it keeps degenerating everyday

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Angry Citizen Blasts Immigration Officials In Lagos Airport For Bribery by efilefun(m): 7:30pm On Dec 04, 2015
okeyley:

Nigerians are now experiencing more worse situations than ever before
Nothing is working now. We know the system it keeps degenerating everyday
I might not be in Nigeria but i am pretty sure i am much more updated about happenings in Nigeria than you. With all the billions they confessing to have "borrowed" from the federation account how do you expect things to work suddenly. Were they working before

3 Likes

Re: Angry Citizen Blasts Immigration Officials In Lagos Airport For Bribery by justi4jesu(f): 7:33pm On Dec 04, 2015
claremont:
I still don't understand why/how immigration can seize the passport of a traveler who hasn't committed an immigration offence. How is that possible?! I know some of the immigration officials are corrupt, but surely, they can't just seize a passport with a legitimate visa.

It is part of their routine.
Re: Angry Citizen Blasts Immigration Officials In Lagos Airport For Bribery by Sanchase: 7:34pm On Dec 04, 2015
The issue of extortion at Lagos and other airports is not just limited to first time travelers. It happens to 99 percent of the travelers at many security check points with staff demanding "find us something".

The issue of passport seizure is absolutely illegal and should be exposed. The traveler should have requested to speak with their Boss who will sort the sub-ordinates out.

Its better to carry fake currency along with you when travelling so that when they ask for money, don't argue just dip hand into the bag and give them a fake note, by the time they visit malam for exchange them go know say khaki no be leather cheesy

5 Likes

Re: Angry Citizen Blasts Immigration Officials In Lagos Airport For Bribery by SailorXY: 7:34pm On Dec 04, 2015
Smh. It's really a pitiable situation & travelers even encourage the trend by obliging them in the first place!
If every genuine document holder stand firm, nothing dey happen..

Dog no go chop dog tho. A simple frown with head tilted slightly undecided
They be like: bros na play we dey play na cheesy
Re: Angry Citizen Blasts Immigration Officials In Lagos Airport For Bribery by otiigba1(m): 7:35pm On Dec 04, 2015
Well, this has never happened to me, i travel through MMI numerous times.
Re: Angry Citizen Blasts Immigration Officials In Lagos Airport For Bribery by JayJustus(m): 7:36pm On Dec 04, 2015
just make a random call to someone of high post you'd see jittering...those murrafackers...i was only 18 though not first time eh but the way i screamed at them...come and see panic...heheheh...

1 Like

Re: Angry Citizen Blasts Immigration Officials In Lagos Airport For Bribery by Nobody: 7:37pm On Dec 04, 2015
claremont:

I experienced this before, they do it to people on daily basis. It was my first time international flight to Ukrain. They seized my passport and made me miss my flight that night. They return my passport and my luggages the following day without any explanation. Sometimes they claim your BTA is insufficient and many other unlawful crazy reasons.
Re: Angry Citizen Blasts Immigration Officials In Lagos Airport For Bribery by efilefun(m): 7:39pm On Dec 04, 2015
Met a man yesterday on my way back home and he was like "Hey where you from" i told him Nigeria and he said "ohhhh how could someone who claims to be a PHD holder rule a country and watched Boko Haram develop from an ordinary knife and stick carrying sect into a terrorist group disturbing almost the whole of west africa. The man knows almost everything happening in Nigeria, He even talked about how politicians against the present administration are funding the pro biafra protest. He made a valid point when he said an average Eastern Nigerian wont take to the street if he's not being given some cash. Those i pity are those hungry mofos like the one who posted one long leg like that of camel here saying he got shot during the protest cuz they dont get a dime from the funds given to those leading the poo
Riensi:
Any time people ask me which country are you originally from due to my accent. I simply tell them Igboland. Nigeria is a monumental disgrace.

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Angry Citizen Blasts Immigration Officials In Lagos Airport For Bribery by chubbygal(f): 7:40pm On Dec 04, 2015
Una don finish my people,not fair
Re: Angry Citizen Blasts Immigration Officials In Lagos Airport For Bribery by likila: 7:41pm On Dec 04, 2015
this is shaanjiii

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Angry Citizen Blasts Immigration Officials In Lagos Airport For Bribery by Nobody: 7:44pm On Dec 04, 2015
This is why they want to curb social media, so that people don't report this kind of thing.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Angry Citizen Blasts Immigration Officials In Lagos Airport For Bribery by urchmanx(m): 7:45pm On Dec 04, 2015
Anyone that have traveled out of Nigeria through Lagos should know that the OP is saying the truth. One of the reason I never use Lagos Air port. Have experience this the before because I was traveling with a new passport, The let me go when I presented my old passport that was renewed because it was all used up. I remembered the guy saying sorry this one na old meet.
Re: Angry Citizen Blasts Immigration Officials In Lagos Airport For Bribery by codereloader: 7:45pm On Dec 04, 2015
Eyah
Re: Angry Citizen Blasts Immigration Officials In Lagos Airport For Bribery by sorom4: 7:45pm On Dec 04, 2015
It doesnt just happen for 1st time travelers. It happens to anybody that they FEEL that he is running away. And I have come to wonder if they are witches to know that someone is running away. It also happens to young guys travelling to most of the South American nations. Our immigration officials and all uniformed men are surely going to hell fire
Re: Angry Citizen Blasts Immigration Officials In Lagos Airport For Bribery by cashdosh(m): 7:47pm On Dec 04, 2015
GurlFriend:
Have you experienced this alleged extortion?

Yes, I experienced the same thing when I traveled to South Africa in 2013. They prey for first time travelers! They are bunch of thieves, gross and irresponsible people. I had to bribe my way so they could release my passport. I paid $100 and 5knaira.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

More Pictures Of The Lagos-Ibadan Railway Construction / Airlines Warned To Avoid Iranian Airspace After Iran Shot Down ₦79b US Spy Drone / Female Corper Burnt To Death In Akwa-Ibom Car Accident - (photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.