Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,858 members, 7,813,931 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 09:51 PM

Angry Citizen Blasts Immigration Officials In Lagos Airport For Bribery - Travel (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Angry Citizen Blasts Immigration Officials In Lagos Airport For Bribery (51707 Views)

FG To Shut Abuja Airport For 6 Weeks / Lady Stikes A Pose As Airport Officials In Lagos Stare - .Photos / Blackout Hits Lagos International Airport For Over 2 Hours (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Angry Citizen Blasts Immigration Officials In Lagos Airport For Bribery by obinnashady(m): 7:47pm On Dec 04, 2015
I blame Booohari 4 all these sh*t.u are here to fight corruption yet corruption is on the rise everyday
Re: Angry Citizen Blasts Immigration Officials In Lagos Airport For Bribery by slimmingcare(f): 7:51pm On Dec 04, 2015
Please can you upload these pictures on Channels TV online. They ll be a scape goat
Re: Angry Citizen Blasts Immigration Officials In Lagos Airport For Bribery by ThoniaSlim(f): 7:51pm On Dec 04, 2015
They did this to me the first time I left the country in 2006 for studies. I was just 17 then and this old agbaya removed $100 from the pocket money my dad gave me to use till when I was able to open a bank account.

I started crying there at the top of my voice. Imagine a small girl crying because of an old man in public. Everyone was just staring but I didn't care. The man was so embarrassed that he gave me my money back and even bought a bottle of water for me to calm me down. That was how I escaped.

It's sad they haven't stopped this habit of extorting from first time travelers. Just sad!

11 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Angry Citizen Blasts Immigration Officials In Lagos Airport For Bribery by 190theclown: 7:53pm On Dec 04, 2015
Riensi:
Any time people ask me which country are you originally from due to my accent. I simply tell them Igboland. Nigeria is a monumental disgrace.

grin grin grin

i CANT anymore grin grin
Re: Angry Citizen Blasts Immigration Officials In Lagos Airport For Bribery by tempex88(m): 7:53pm On Dec 04, 2015
raayah:
This is extortion point blank.
Big disgrace and embarrassment to Nigeria as a whole.
These are the first people that international travellers when they reach Nigeria.

Why frustrate an innocent person just because of $50?

On Sunday, these officials will go to church and pay offering with stolen money and some of them will even go on-line to judge others yet they are not better.

They also build mosques with such monies.... My point is u don't need to bring religion into it.

1 Like

Re: Angry Citizen Blasts Immigration Officials In Lagos Airport For Bribery by toskine: 7:53pm On Dec 04, 2015
They did exactly the same thing to my wife last year, she was asked $100 but I told her not to give them, she was delayed and she eventually missed her flight, so we reported them that same day to our airline operator who took us to meet the FAAN BOSS on duty that day, she (Immigration official) was asked to foot my hotel bill and reschedule our flight for the next day which she bluntly refused, I had to pay $233 to rescheduled the flight, but she was eventually sacked and my wife's name was pasted at the immigration section that she shouldn't be maltreated subsequently by her colleague.
The next time my wife travelled she wasn't even checked at all.

Be ready to spend enough time reporting them to FAAN, you are sure of getting justice.

15 Likes 1 Share

Re: Angry Citizen Blasts Immigration Officials In Lagos Airport For Bribery by 190theclown: 7:54pm On Dec 04, 2015
ThoniaSlim:
They did this to me the first time I left the country in 2006 for studies. I was just 17 then and this old agbaya removed $100 from the pocket money my dad gave me to use till when I was able to open a bank account.

I started crying there at the top of my voice. Imagine a small girl crying because of an old man in public. Everyone was just staring but I didn't care. The man was so embarrassed that he gave me my money back and even bought a bottle of water for me to calm me down. That was how I escaped.

It's sad they haven't stopped this habit of extorting from first time travelers. Just sad!

where did you go study cheesy

What country was that wink
Re: Angry Citizen Blasts Immigration Officials In Lagos Airport For Bribery by DanG1(m): 7:54pm On Dec 04, 2015
obinnashady:
I blame Booohari 4 all these sh*t.u are here to fight corruption yet corruption is on the rise everyday

Would you please pretend to be intelligent even though you aren't? Everything shouldn't be dragged into politics.

The cases of these immigration officers extorting innocent travelers is not a recent activity. It is a bad culture that has grown and become a norm in the Airport, our duty is to escalate these activities until authorities start looking into it.

I have been travelling since 2009 and I had same issues then and still face them till date.

I see the problems and I have different tales to tell. It is not politics, it is bad education and shamelessness of our officers at the airport

6 Likes

Re: Angry Citizen Blasts Immigration Officials In Lagos Airport For Bribery by nike4love: 7:54pm On Dec 04, 2015
If I want to travel I will bear the stress I usually go through ghana,or Cameroon the only language u will hear them say is safe journey,safe flight,bon voyage.I HATE NIG immigration useless officers.

3 Likes

Re: Angry Citizen Blasts Immigration Officials In Lagos Airport For Bribery by DanG1(m): 7:58pm On Dec 04, 2015
nike4love:
If I want to travel I will bear the stress I usually go through ghana,or Cameroon the only language u will hear them say is safe journey,safe flight,bon voyage.I HATE NIG immigration useless officers.

For this you are right. I have gone through Accra Airport and I have never had any regrets. But we need to voice out to be able to eradicate these from our country

1 Like

Re: Angry Citizen Blasts Immigration Officials In Lagos Airport For Bribery by Nobody: 7:58pm On Dec 04, 2015
I was seeing my aunt off living for UK some days ago see how this idiot were sleeping as earlier as 5am we just waka pass.. checked it went to big immigration bois see how them they search person like criminal... they were just extorting ahjhh... ogaaa ooooo
Re: Angry Citizen Blasts Immigration Officials In Lagos Airport For Bribery by urchmanx(m): 8:01pm On Dec 04, 2015
ThoniaSlim:

I can just imagine you crying as a 17 year old. This Immigration officials are criminal. I didn't use Lagos I use Abuja or just fly direct to PH when ever I am going home.
Re: Angry Citizen Blasts Immigration Officials In Lagos Airport For Bribery by obinnashady(m): 8:02pm On Dec 04, 2015
DanG1:

Would you please pretend to be intelligent even though you aren't? Everything shouldn't be dragged into politics.

The cases of these immigration officers extorting innocent travelers is not a recent activity. It is a bad culture that has grown and become a norm in the Airport, our duty is to escalate these activities until authorities start looking into it.

I have been travelling since 2009 and I had same issues then and still face them till date.

I see the problems and I have different tales to tell. It is not politics, it is bad education and shamelessness of our officers at the airport
Albert Einstein.

2 Likes

Re: Angry Citizen Blasts Immigration Officials In Lagos Airport For Bribery by DanG1(m): 8:02pm On Dec 04, 2015
magicminister:

there is obviously more to this.
SHE ISN'T THE ONLY FIRST TIME TRAVELLER.
our immigration people will beg for money but they are never ever imposing.

anyway, i believe bribery and corruption of any kind should be severely dealt with

It is so false to say they are not imposing. They are so imposing to the point of death. I have experiences, worst experiences. Missed flights, change of airports because of these immigration officers.

They are imposing, they are authority abusers and they are worse than our corrupt politicains

To me they are all demons

2 Likes

Re: Angry Citizen Blasts Immigration Officials In Lagos Airport For Bribery by eluquenson(m): 8:08pm On Dec 04, 2015
The story is very true, I have a lot of friends and even my younger brother experienced it while leaving the country through lagos airport. If you refuse to pay the bribe , they will delay you till you miss your flight.
Re: Angry Citizen Blasts Immigration Officials In Lagos Airport For Bribery by Nobody: 8:09pm On Dec 04, 2015
justi4jesu:

It is part of their routine.
I done catch you justi.. u dey here
Re: Angry Citizen Blasts Immigration Officials In Lagos Airport For Bribery by anonimi: 8:14pm On Dec 04, 2015
RickRichards:
If I were president, corrupt officials would be summarily executed on the regular. Okay, maybe not summarily, and maybe I won't execute them, but they will live to rue the day they erred. angry

I hope the traveller is not the daughter of a politician who receives mega millions monthly while the poor immigration officers are paid on the MISERABLE N18,000 minimum wage that our 36 governors even say is too much.
I hope NOT.
Otherwise it will be a case of Karma.
Surely the immigration officers of UK, Canada & USA are not poorly paid compared to their LGA Councillor equivalent who receives N300,000 in our country for doing what
That is why no Nigerian who is "lucky" to escape abroad will listen to Ambode's FOOLISH call for them to return.

www.nairaland.com/attachments/2943662_payment_jpegc1c3e670f39cd4ba8a1a1978a794d236

www.nairaland.com/attachments/2943663_salar_jpeg17507ee9e7182339f9c9b827ff56ee7b

www.nairaland.com/attachments/2943664_wage_jpeg1488711c5349aed5f79f2e121e58b278

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Angry Citizen Blasts Immigration Officials In Lagos Airport For Bribery by Nobody: 8:15pm On Dec 04, 2015
True... Those guys, no dey take eye see first-time travelers.
Re: Angry Citizen Blasts Immigration Officials In Lagos Airport For Bribery by okeyley: 8:16pm On Dec 04, 2015
efilefun:
I might not be in Nigeria but i am pretty sure i am much more updated about happenings in Nigeria than you. With all the billions they confessing to have "borrowed" from the federation account how do you expect things to work suddenly. Were they working before

thank God u are confessing u are not in the country now

but for ur information u don't kno more than I know for now.
Nigeria as a country lacks economic and political plans. that's why its in this mess

everything Nigeria is doing now is based on ethnicity and religion affiliation. so why won't the country grind to a halt.

if u try niaja now na run u go run comot

1 Like

Re: Angry Citizen Blasts Immigration Officials In Lagos Airport For Bribery by obinnashady(m): 8:18pm On Dec 04, 2015
DanG1:

Just the same way these rotten words can sneak out from your thoughts, its same way you are totally rotten. I feel the need to sympathize with you as there is no cure for your kind of illness. Out of Nairaland I will still be able to advise you because who you are reflects already
oga dey ur lane,leave me alone.we all are entitled to our different opinions,respect urself.
Re: Angry Citizen Blasts Immigration Officials In Lagos Airport For Bribery by redcliff: 8:20pm On Dec 04, 2015
Instead of me parting with my hard earbed money to these idiots i let them make me miss my flight. I would feel better using 150 dollars to resechedule than pay them money they dont deserve

2 Likes

Re: Angry Citizen Blasts Immigration Officials In Lagos Airport For Bribery by Nobody: 8:21pm On Dec 04, 2015
Mostly those small ladies,they will hold your passport and you will start to negotiate your way as if you are buyin pepper from them,
Re: Angry Citizen Blasts Immigration Officials In Lagos Airport For Bribery by gustdableman(m): 8:23pm On Dec 04, 2015
THIS IS WHY I LIKE ENUGU AIRPORT, YOU WILL NEVER SEE ANY FORM OF BRIBING, EVEN YOU ARE FIRST TIME OR LAST TIME TRAVELER, THEY WILL EVEN WISH YOU SAFE FLIGHT.
LAGOS AIRPORT IS A DISGRACE TO NIGERIA AN AFRICA, VERY USELESS SET OF MOFOS
Re: Angry Citizen Blasts Immigration Officials In Lagos Airport For Bribery by sunkoye: 8:24pm On Dec 04, 2015
those guyz can be so proud of their extortion ooo. they ask for bribe with so much confidence that you wondered if their actions are govt approved. most times they lay in wait for late boarding passengers and threatened to delay in exchange for $50 or 20pee.

the govt should also look into airport bag robbers too.....it’s now a normal tin to get your bags vandalized or damaged wen airport officials tries to steal from you. i keep asking...is there no CCTV to identify those behind these regular and ugly practice?

am very sure we av some of those immigration officials here too on Nairaland shouting/yelling nigeria is corrupt or PDP steals with impunity. angry. woe betides all of unaa.

let me tell you...hope u dont expect to pay your children schools fees with extorted monies and you expect them to come out well in their studies or u bought a car with it and expect that it wont be a gross liability to you.

peeps that knows them understands how annoying they can be.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Angry Citizen Blasts Immigration Officials In Lagos Airport For Bribery by DanG1(m): 8:25pm On Dec 04, 2015
obinnashady:
oga dey ur lane,leave me alone.we all are entitled to our different opinions,respect urself.

When you registered to Nairaland, I bet you thought it was your living room. Sorry boy, it isn't your leaving room it is a public forum and if you feel you ain't ready to be here, it is so easy (logout). We are here to be able to use our opinions and experiences to make impact, not the other way around

3 Likes

Re: Angry Citizen Blasts Immigration Officials In Lagos Airport For Bribery by marjson(m): 8:28pm On Dec 04, 2015
DanG1:

For this you are right. I have gone through Accra Airport and I have never had any regrets. But we need to voice out to be able to eradicate these from our country

You mean if you have a valid Visa issued on your Nigerian Passport in Nigeria, you can travel to Ghana or any Ecowas country and board from there? I am ignorant of that. Enlighten me more please

2 Likes

Re: Angry Citizen Blasts Immigration Officials In Lagos Airport For Bribery by efilefun(m): 8:34pm On Dec 04, 2015
okeyley:

thank God u are confessing u are not in the country now
but for ur information u don't kno more than I know for now.
Nigeria as a country lacks economic and political plans. that's why its in this mess

everything Nigeria is doing now is based on ethnicity and religion affiliation. so why won't the country grind to a halt.

if u try niaja now na run u go run comot
Can you be truthful to yourself for once During the campaign who started bringing in religion and tribe. Lies won't change anything thou but be truthful
Re: Angry Citizen Blasts Immigration Officials In Lagos Airport For Bribery by ustyno(m): 8:34pm On Dec 04, 2015
thats what i passed through at enugu airport, nearly i miss my flight i have no option than to drop $100 to the man that claim he is the over all oga there. i notice it is because it was my first time.
Re: Angry Citizen Blasts Immigration Officials In Lagos Airport For Bribery by iyaayi(f): 8:35pm On Dec 04, 2015
handie:
Sometimes, I just wish Buhari is still a soldier and not a democrat.... Now, he can't do anything without the courts(courts that are. Populated by corrupt officials). If na that time, the immigration officials won't even dare ask for bribe and if given, they'll decline. Biko can our constitution be suspended in corruption cases?
I feel the same way on this, and many other issues affecting the country right now. Am sure PMB misses the military

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

More Pictures Of The Lagos-Ibadan Railway Construction / Airlines Warned To Avoid Iranian Airspace After Iran Shot Down ₦79b US Spy Drone / Female Corper Burnt To Death In Akwa-Ibom Car Accident - (photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.