Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,858 members, 7,813,922 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 09:37 PM

Angry Citizen Blasts Immigration Officials In Lagos Airport For Bribery - Travel (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Angry Citizen Blasts Immigration Officials In Lagos Airport For Bribery (51706 Views)

FG To Shut Abuja Airport For 6 Weeks / Lady Stikes A Pose As Airport Officials In Lagos Stare - .Photos / Blackout Hits Lagos International Airport For Over 2 Hours (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Angry Citizen Blasts Immigration Officials In Lagos Airport For Bribery by Goldenboy007(m): 10:37pm On Dec 04, 2015
Till Jesus comes back that is the way Nigeria will be, no be curse! Because we Nigerian are all the same except for the very few.
When I was leaving the country, I went through the Nigerian system to get my documents cleared. I went from National Population Commision, to Local Govts, to Hospital, to Immigration, to Police, Airport officials, to Customs, to Lecturers, University employees, Student, Motorists, ...all of them bunch of unrepented hardened criminals! We Nigerians will complain of others but what we do in our own capacity is worse !!!
Even in the US, the only time you will have issues is when you need a document from Nigeria .. Passport renewal, Transcripts and Certificate verification, Job reference from Nigeria, Background check, BVN, and so on. The day you will truly be free from Nigeria is when you get your foreign passport, foreign work experience and foreign qualification. And if God permits, file for all your extended family members. God help those of you that cannot leave because it's not going to change.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Angry Citizen Blasts Immigration Officials In Lagos Airport For Bribery by Nobody: 10:41pm On Dec 04, 2015
Those immigration officials are big disgrace to Nigeria. I have had my own share of the experience but as a big boy, I just dashed them $100 and they were shouting sir sir like fools grin grin

1 Like

Re: Angry Citizen Blasts Immigration Officials In Lagos Airport For Bribery by akigbemaru: 10:42pm On Dec 04, 2015
Nigerian immigration.
Re: Angry Citizen Blasts Immigration Officials In Lagos Airport For Bribery by bigtt76(f): 10:43pm On Dec 04, 2015
It's called bless the table lol grin

I remember when traveling to India and the NDLEA guys say where my permission to travel to India as it is a high risk destination.... I laugh for my mind. I was let go without issue.

Then another asked how much you carray, I responded I don't carry cash I have my debit cards..
Dem just leave me jeje cheesy

God help us

1 Like

Re: Angry Citizen Blasts Immigration Officials In Lagos Airport For Bribery by comsoy(m): 10:45pm On Dec 04, 2015
Seriously this is very unfortunate and should not be happening in a land full of milk and honey as ours.

I hear people say it's all because the officers are underpaid. For me, that's trash and morally disastrous. Being underpaid doesn't justify extortion and bribery and Whatnots flagrantly perpetrated by these criminals called immigration officers in MMI. Beyond words, it's worrisome and PMB should act fast.

Can you imagine people being forced to grease these guys' hands with fake dollars at the airport. Yeah...people now do that.

May God help us.
Re: Angry Citizen Blasts Immigration Officials In Lagos Airport For Bribery by 247notire(m): 10:57pm On Dec 04, 2015
RickRichards:
You've been noticed. Bye!
E-warrior tongue
Re: Angry Citizen Blasts Immigration Officials In Lagos Airport For Bribery by 247notire(m): 10:57pm On Dec 04, 2015
RickRichards:
You've been noticed. Bye!
E-warrior tongue
Re: Angry Citizen Blasts Immigration Officials In Lagos Airport For Bribery by jayriginal: 11:00pm On Dec 04, 2015
The antidote is to go on time and start the process very early. Start speaking English with anyone asking for bribe and they will pass you cos you're bad market.

The good market are those that come shortly before theflight. time is of the essence and you can't afford to miss your flight so you are ready to pay at the slightest hint of delay.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Angry Citizen Blasts Immigration Officials In Lagos Airport For Bribery by Nobody: 11:14pm On Dec 04, 2015
They squeezed $200 from me cos I was travelling for the first time with my baby, they said my baby us passport does not have arrival stamp, for God's sake, she was born here and I obtained the passport from the embassy here. We nearly missed the flight. I wanted to see the end of it but my brother in law said he didn't want us here another day. I'm still angry each time I remember the issue.
Re: Angry Citizen Blasts Immigration Officials In Lagos Airport For Bribery by cardoctor(m): 11:22pm On Dec 04, 2015
Shameless people
Re: Angry Citizen Blasts Immigration Officials In Lagos Airport For Bribery by Nobody: 11:24pm On Dec 04, 2015
Is there anyway to upload videos here
Re: Angry Citizen Blasts Immigration Officials In Lagos Airport For Bribery by NomzyJust(m): 11:25pm On Dec 04, 2015
Terrorism can come in different shades. This is boderline immigration terrorism. Same thing they did to my cousin before he had to part with his brand new Lumia phone. It's more pronounced when you are a first time traveller. I hope Servicom and relevant authorities sees this and mete out the justice they deserve.

1 Like

Re: Angry Citizen Blasts Immigration Officials In Lagos Airport For Bribery by NomzyJust(m): 11:26pm On Dec 04, 2015
tochimas:

Positive. I have seen youtube links here before.
Re: Angry Citizen Blasts Immigration Officials In Lagos Airport For Bribery by anonimi: 11:29pm On Dec 04, 2015
tochimas:

Why?
Do you have videos of immigration people collecting bribes ni?
Re: Angry Citizen Blasts Immigration Officials In Lagos Airport For Bribery by anonimi: 11:30pm On Dec 04, 2015
cardoctor:
Shameless people

.....like almost all of us, Nigerians, not so
Re: Angry Citizen Blasts Immigration Officials In Lagos Airport For Bribery by Nobody: 11:30pm On Dec 04, 2015
anonimi:

Why?
Do you have videos of immigration people collecting bribes ni?
yes
Re: Angry Citizen Blasts Immigration Officials In Lagos Airport For Bribery by Nobody: 11:32pm On Dec 04, 2015
tochimas:
They squeezed $200 from me cos I was travelling for the first time with my baby, they said my baby us passport does not have arrival stamp, for God's sake, she was born here and I obtained the passport from the embassy here. We nearly missed the flight. I wanted to see the end of it but my brother in law said he didn't want us here another day. I'm still angry each time I remember the issue.
I want to make sure they did wrong before posting the video
Re: Angry Citizen Blasts Immigration Officials In Lagos Airport For Bribery by Nobody: 11:34pm On Dec 04, 2015
So please, can any officer tell me if this payment is justified
Re: Angry Citizen Blasts Immigration Officials In Lagos Airport For Bribery by anonimi: 11:37pm On Dec 04, 2015
tochimas:
yes

Load it first on YouTube then copy the link/page address and post here on NL.
Re: Angry Citizen Blasts Immigration Officials In Lagos Airport For Bribery by anonimi: 11:38pm On Dec 04, 2015
tochimas:
So please, can any officer tell me if this payment is justified

If it is justified they will issue an official receipt to pay the money into a TSA Account na. grin
Re: Angry Citizen Blasts Immigration Officials In Lagos Airport For Bribery by kunlegboye(m): 11:43pm On Dec 04, 2015
Seriously i see an overwhelming reactions from Nigerians here today!...But i'm of the opinion cant Nigerians come together one day to stage a protest concerning this?...that way ,the necessary authority will be aware.Often time why our country is like this is due to our collective fault.We do endure it and move ahead y our unborn children still meet the same thing...We should all know that nothing happens by magic other country fought for their own freedom at one point!!

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Angry Citizen Blasts Immigration Officials In Lagos Airport For Bribery by Urine: 11:45pm On Dec 04, 2015
mickey45:

I see it as subtle attempts to reverse the FOI act not surprised though.
Saraki and co. will gladly sign this, they'd rather footdrag on the PIB and other important bills

Obviously, they have ulterior motives.
Re: Angry Citizen Blasts Immigration Officials In Lagos Airport For Bribery by anonimi: 11:46pm On Dec 04, 2015
claremont:
I still don't understand why/how immigration can seize the passport of a traveler who hasn't committed an immigration offence. How is that possible?! I know some of the immigration officials are corrupt, but surely, they can't just seize a passport with a legitimate visa.

Are you NOT a Nigerian?
How possible is it for an employer to OWE salary to an employee who has ALREADY worked i.e. done his own part of their CONTRACT oh. And that includes most of our:

- 36 governors
- 774 LGA Chairmen

Oya, make you answer oh.

www.nairaland.com/attachments/2855735_twooptionswallpaper10579600_jpeg618d634ba6258d93161d282181afdc68
Re: Angry Citizen Blasts Immigration Officials In Lagos Airport For Bribery by kunlegboye(m): 11:55pm On Dec 04, 2015
Please NL how much does international passport cost right now?
Re: Angry Citizen Blasts Immigration Officials In Lagos Airport For Bribery by DedeNkem: 12:14am On Dec 05, 2015
Nigerian Immigration is one of the worse in the world.
What they do there is hold people hostage and release them only when the pay ransom.
Pure thievery in broad daylight with impunity!!

Sometimes they plant drugs on you and finish you off. They should all be rounded up thrown in jail.
Re: Angry Citizen Blasts Immigration Officials In Lagos Airport For Bribery by wandyvirus(m): 12:31am On Dec 05, 2015
Exactly! I raised my voice and called them unprintable names. Told them their kids will start dying from that night and they will never see good as they grow old. They kids will not succeed. Come and see fronting, then begging seriously.
JayJustus:
just make a random call to someone of high post you'd see jittering...those murrafackers...i was only 18 though not first time eh but the way i screamed at them...come and see panic...heheheh...

3 Likes

Re: Angry Citizen Blasts Immigration Officials In Lagos Airport For Bribery by anonimi: 12:44am On Dec 05, 2015
DedeNkem:
Nigerian Immigration is one of the worse in the world.
What they do there is hold people hostage and release them only when the pay ransom.
Pure thievery in broad daylight with impunity!!

Sometimes they plant drugs on you and finish you off. They should all be rounded up thrown in jail.

.....but the 200 million mumu Nigerian citizens are the BEST in the world as we are ALL corruption- less, not so
BTW, how many countries' immigration have YOU dealt with to conclude ours as the worst?
Re: Angry Citizen Blasts Immigration Officials In Lagos Airport For Bribery by ttmacoy: 12:52am On Dec 05, 2015
That's how it happens in China. That is what we need.

RickRichards:
If I were president, corrupt officials would be summarily executed on the regular. Okay, maybe not summarily, and maybe I won't execute them, but they will live to rue the day they erred. angry
Re: Angry Citizen Blasts Immigration Officials In Lagos Airport For Bribery by DedeNkem: 1:00am On Dec 05, 2015
anonimi:

.....but the 200 million mumu Nigerian citizens are the BEST in the world as we are ALL corruption- less, not so
BTW, how many countries' immigration have YOU dealt with to conclude ours as the worst?

I travel a lot, that's why I know what I'm talking about, than you who's defending the corrupt immigration as*sholes. You probably work there or someone close to you.
I don't encounter corruption at airports in Europe or other African countries.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

More Pictures Of The Lagos-Ibadan Railway Construction / Airlines Warned To Avoid Iranian Airspace After Iran Shot Down ₦79b US Spy Drone / Female Corper Burnt To Death In Akwa-Ibom Car Accident - (photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.