Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,704 members, 7,816,885 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 07:24 PM

The Real Warri (with Pictures) - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / The Real Warri (with Pictures) (43413 Views)

A Dangerous Trip To Maiduguri On A Relief Mission with Pictures-Femi Owolabi / Trailer Full Of Motor Bikes Hijacked By Katsina Indigenes (With Pictures) / Election Results With Pictures (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Real Warri (with Pictures) by SHUPZY(m): 2:12pm On Jun 02, 2009
where una put ALAKA, UGBUDU MARKET SIDE INSIDE ALEGBOR, ABEG MAKE UNA NO DEY SHOW ONLY THE FINE FINE PLACES
Re: The Real Warri (with Pictures) by smasher1(m): 9:45pm On Jun 02, 2009
Area! I hail O! For those who find it difficult 2 believe the pix, they are for real and popular junctions. For those who claim 2 have been in d city and have seen bad spots post them(in pix)
Re: The Real Warri (with Pictures) by SapeleGuy: 11:18pm On Jun 02, 2009
Bros, well done. No mind de bad bele people. Mek you dey fire dem with more photo!

A very positive thread. Nairaland needs more of this.
Re: The Real Warri (with Pictures) by Pepeye(f): 11:39pm On Jun 02, 2009
@ PapaBrowne

What could that be if I may ask. . .
Re: The Real Warri (with Pictures) by Remii(m): 11:56pm On Jun 02, 2009
SHUPZY:

where una put ALAKA, UGBUDU MARKET SIDE INSIDE ALEGBOR, ABEG MAKE UNA NO DEY SHOW ONLY THE FINE FINE PLACES

The guy man don put wetin in see, u no get camera phone, go take your own pictures na, go alegbo juction, odibo, okere market, agbasa etc, take picture andput here, abi dem hold your leg.

PapaBrowne: You try!!! 5 gbosa for you. gbosa! gbaosa!! gbosa!!! gbosa!!!! gbosaaaaaa!!!!!
Re: The Real Warri (with Pictures) by nature262(m): 7:29am On Jun 03, 2009
Off topic
@ Dr. Lorenz
u hear say PHC na bomb? Lol. That's just a media hype i have heard worst about warri not until i was there, port harcourt as of now is more peaceful than most niger deltan states even war.ri, on a second though u,re right PHC is a bombshell
Re: The Real Warri (with Pictures) by smooooooth: 9:10am On Jun 03, 2009
wia okere market with those tia tia taxi, igbudu, that okada madness for effurun don reduce. anyway sha on the whole warri tite. very nice place to live, was dia for 6years.
Re: The Real Warri (with Pictures) by smasher1(m): 9:16am On Jun 03, 2009
This are all new development. Take note most of them last 2 years. Any bad spots would be smoothed out. Hopefully in d next 2 years. But fine places dominate most places
Re: The Real Warri (with Pictures) by Afam4eva(m): 9:21am On Jun 03, 2009
I doubt that third picture is warri
Re: The Real Warri (with Pictures) by phantom(m): 9:39am On Jun 03, 2009
@dr lorenz, Ptown is right now one of the safest nigerdelta cities.Come see as oyibo dey crawl for gra,woji and transamadi.White men never run o!Dem full ground dey run things.Newspaper dey carry nonsense.
Re: The Real Warri (with Pictures) by smasher1(m): 9:44am On Jun 03, 2009
Sorry, which 3rd picture. I know basically all d locations. Is it pix Warri2.jpg? If dat is it, that is inside of Osubi/Warri airport. U have Arik Airline, AeroContractors and other airlines @ dat pix. There are Atms with banks like Zenith, UBA, OCEANIC & Intercontinental Atms etc by d right.
Re: The Real Warri (with Pictures) by benheart(f): 12:48pm On Jun 03, 2009
@papabrowne: thanx for the pics warri de too much, abeg keep the flag flying, since i leave waffi 1995 i never visit again, i go like go see how that place don be now, abeg u fit snap other parts of warri like cementery road for that stadium side,iyara juction,my former school Dore-numa college, enerhen junction, udu road, ovwian all does aladja side and warri sapele road abeg bros i go happy if u fit snap does places becos i wan land dat place live make i go catch my old friends wen i don miss. God bless u
Re: The Real Warri (with Pictures) by gentle(m): 7:12pm On Jun 03, 2009
I've tried posting pics but don't know how, i've could have shown you folks the famous enerhen junction so you could decide if its beautiful cos thats where in reside and una for like view the prestigous godatin hotel in enerhen.
Re: The Real Warri (with Pictures) by onimine(f): 8:17pm On Jun 03, 2009
I live in warri infact moved from Lagos and i can say the place has improved considering i have lived here for six years now. A lot of the the news reports are false and exaggerated. Something happens in sapele or orerokpe and the media reports it took place in warri. Warri is very peaceful. The fight with the militants is not in warri but in Gbaramatu Kingdom which is made up of oporoza, okerenkoko etc. These places are riverine areas in Delta State . It is true warri has its slums just like Lagos, Abuja and other big cities. Its false that the whole of warri is one huge ghetto. People should pls get dere facts right
Re: The Real Warri (with Pictures) by PapaBrowne(m): 1:23am On Jun 04, 2009
A few more fotos

Re: The Real Warri (with Pictures) by PapaBrowne(m): 2:09am On Jun 04, 2009
To all those that expressed appreciation. Thanks big!!
To the cynics, I express my appreciation!

As time/availability permits, I'd upload more!

afam4eva:

I doubt that third picture is warri
Then where would it be? If you are talking of the third picture on the first page, FYI it definitely is Warri and its not the only place that nice in Warri.

benheart:

@papabrowne: thanx for the pics warri de too much, abeg keep the flag flying, since i leave waffi 1995 i never visit again, i go like go see how that place don be now, abeg u fit snap other parts of warri like cementery road for that stadium side,iyara juction,my former school Dore-numa college, enerhen junction, udu road, ovwian all does aladja side and warri sapele road abeg bros i go happy if u fit snap does places becos i wan land dat place live make i go catch my old friends wen i don miss. God bless u
I go try sha. . . . Warri sure has changed big since '95!
Re: The Real Warri (with Pictures) by PapaBrowne(m): 2:26am On Jun 04, 2009
Pepeye:

@ PapaBrowne

What could that be if I may ask. . .

Nothing much. . . .It's just a trail you left . . . very cool!
Re: The Real Warri (with Pictures) by PapaBrowne(m): 2:37am On Jun 04, 2009
Work Begins On U.S. $1.4 Billion Warri Industrial Business Park

What is the industrial Park?

The warri industrial park is going to be deliberately designed, fabricated, fully constructed and developed business community (manufacturing and service companies) located in one place or land area. It is a community of businesses seeking collective benefits that is greater than the sum of individual benefits each company would realize by only optimizing its individual performance.The business community will also seek the benefits of neighbouring communities to ensure that net impact of its development is positive.

Quote:

Construction work has begun on the multi-billion dollar Delta Industrial and Technological Park located at Aladja, near Warri,

The first phase of the park which is located on a 1,000 acres of land is expected to gulp over $1.4 billion when construction activity is completed in 40 months time.

Orugbo, who disclosed this when he paid a courtesy call on the Ovie (traditional ruler) of Udu kingdom at his palace in Aladja, said work on the park is expected to take between 10 and 15 years to complete.

According to him, Aladja was chosen to house the part which is expected to launch the technological take-off of Nigeria because of its proximity to raw materials needed for the park to thrive.

Such raw materials included abundant gas which is available from the nearby Utorogu Gas Plant belonging to the Shell Petroleum Development Company, the Delta Steel Plants, a rail line, a river port, road network and a power source that will ensure continuous power supply.

Orugbo enthused that when full construction activities begin, the park is expected to employ thousands of youths many of whom would be trained to be useful to the community and themselves.

"We are privileged to have a steel plant now. We are building things that will make our youths to be trained in technical education. And generate employment through small and medium scale industry," he said.

Re: The Real Warri (with Pictures) by smasher1(m): 5:03am On Jun 04, 2009
D pics/info are interesting. Please post more
Re: The Real Warri (with Pictures) by Pepeye(f): 11:20am On Jun 04, 2009
PapaBrowne:

Nothing much. . . .It's just a trail you left . . . very cool!

And what trail may I ask? . . .why re you being mysterious about it huh. .why not say

Warri has certainly improved
Re: The Real Warri (with Pictures) by PapaBrowne(m): 8:11pm On Jun 04, 2009
Pepeye:

And what trail may I ask? . . .why re you being mysterious about it huh. .why not say

Am I being mysterious about it? Naaaah.
Ok. Actually I think u exude a lot of positive energy. . . so I was looking for a way to commend that.
Don't worry about the trail you left and the cool thing I learned. Just keep doing what u do.

Warri has certainly improved

It sure has!
Re: The Real Warri (with Pictures) by ThinkRait: 11:58am On Jun 05, 2009
Warri has little or no highrise buildings. This is a fact.
Warri is small when compared to Lagos. But we must not that Lagos is a city-state.
Warri happens to be the commercial nerve centre of Delta state.

One thing that will never change is the attitude of the people. The ever-evolving pidgin english. the langua of d people.
People from every part of Nigeria live in Warri.

Abi, I lie?
Re: The Real Warri (with Pictures) by PapaBrowne(m): 5:49pm On Jun 05, 2009
ThinkRait:

Warri is small when compared to Lagos. But we must not that Lagos is a city-state.

One thing that will never change is the attitude of the people. The ever-evolving pidgin english. the langua of d people.

Abi, I lie?

Yeah, Warri doesn't have any highrise buildings just like every other part of Nigeria.
Lagos has very few of what we can call highrise buildings. Those 6 - 8 storey buildings ain't really no highrises.
Asides, Lagos is at least 15 times the size of Warri population wise.

Truly, the attitude of the people is something else. Every word they speak is either a comedic performance or an art form!
Re: The Real Warri (with Pictures) by oseiwe(m): 6:43pm On Jun 05, 2009
Av been living in warri since mi birth, its d best place for me, wen u get ride, d whole place na heaven at nite but seriously those pics na true. those wey dey complain about those market pics wey no dey, na wetin? market dey rowdy even for florida.
Re: The Real Warri (with Pictures) by princeachi: 7:44pm On Jun 05, 2009
people.i was born and bred in waf.still visit my folks there, well if u care this aint warri
Re: The Real Warri (with Pictures) by GooseBaba: 8:34pm On Jun 05, 2009
Area!!!!!!!!!I hail O! To my bros them wey take picture command their speech, I say una too much, wetin!!!
Re: The Real Warri (with Pictures) by smasher1(m): 6:20am On Jun 06, 2009
Princeachi, hope u are not insinuating that people here are liars. Well for d upteenth time dey are true.
Re: The Real Warri (with Pictures) by Nobody: 8:10am On Jun 06, 2009
ThinkRait:

Abi, I lie?

What do you understand as high rise building?
Must a city have a high rise building to be considered as developed or developing?
Do you consider high rise buildings safer, cheaper, healthier and easy to maintain than normal buildings?
Do you know the reason why most developed cities like tokyo, beijing, shanghai, istanbul and new york have high rise buildings?
What could be the difference between warri and lagos? Why the comparison in the first place?

PapaBrowne:

I go try sha. . . . Warri sure has changed big since '95!

Wow. . . thats about 14 years or so. What a waste of time! shocked shocked cry
I mean, going by the pix you uploaded, I strongly disagree with you. Ive seen cities with beautiful skylines rise out of nowhere within a year.

I honestly want to be proven wrong, so, please upload more pix (not flashy cars of oil workers).
Re: The Real Warri (with Pictures) by Nobody: 8:14am On Jun 06, 2009
And it will be nice if people stopped posting graphical plans for us. . . post real pictures abeg.
Thanks.
Re: The Real Warri (with Pictures) by kosovo(m): 8:20am On Jun 06, 2009
And it will be nice if people stopped posting graphical plans for us. . . post real pictures abeg.
Thanks.

tought as much.
Re: The Real Warri (with Pictures) by DennisRod: 8:51am On Jun 06, 2009
o boy who created this thread, are you urhobo? if so Mavo?

i want to add ur pix to a thread on ssc if thats cool with u thanks
Re: The Real Warri (with Pictures) by PapaBrowne(m): 11:14am On Jun 06, 2009
nuzo:

Thanks.
You are right. I dislike graphical representations too, especially when the graphics are so poor, like the one I posted.
I posted it for illustration sha. That project has begun, and it is a major project that would change the industrial landscape of both Warri and the whole of the South South region.

nuzo:

Wow. . . thats about 14 years or so. What a waste of time! shocked shocked cry
I mean, going by the pix you uploaded, I strongly disagree with you. Ive seen cities with beautiful skylines rise out of nowhere within a year.
I honestly want to be proven wrong, so, please upload more pix (not flashy cars of oil workers).

If you consider these two facts: 1) Warri had a long crises period that stunted it's growth and [b]2)[/b]The only places in Nigeria that have witnessed significant change since '95 are Abuja and the Lekki axis of Lagos. Consider these and you'd realise Warri has changed big since '95.
I get ur point sha and I'll upload more as time/availability permits.

DennisRod:

o boy who created this thread, are you urhobo? if so Mavo?
i want to add ur pix to a thread on ssc if thats cool with u thanks
Enjoy! Some of the pics here are actually from the SSC thread. I no be Urhobo oooh! But Waadoo sha!

@Davidpeter
You are true patroit! I hail you!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Yoruba Youths Storm US Embassy Over IPOB Suit Against Army / Sola Adeyeye On Why Ben Murray-Bruce Was Prevented From Greeting President Buhar / Governor Ganduje Inspecting Sabon Gari Flyover Amidst Bribery Allegation [PICS]

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.