Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,804 members, 7,820,815 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 10:21 PM

The Real Warri (with Pictures) - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / The Real Warri (with Pictures) (43428 Views)

A Dangerous Trip To Maiduguri On A Relief Mission with Pictures-Femi Owolabi / Trailer Full Of Motor Bikes Hijacked By Katsina Indigenes (With Pictures) / Election Results With Pictures (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Real Warri (with Pictures) by jusx50: 11:29am On Jun 06, 2009
Yes these are the real pictures, but where are the unreal ones like we use to hear about Warri?? Kudos to the govt behind all these though !! Waffi no dey carry last o
Re: The Real Warri (with Pictures) by darlynstar: 12:30pm On Jun 06, 2009
Every city has its slums and warri is no expection but it is a beautiful city and the people are lovely, Abuja has its slums, Lagos has many slums , lets not think that warri is different and do not forget that it is not a state capital or a federal territory just like most of the big city , show me one city  that is not a state capital or federal territory that is as developed as warri but still it has developed into a little beautiful city, the city deserves some credit.
If federal or state funds are to be spent on the city ,do you know what it will look like, a lot of the people talking about warri as a slum should take a look at their native towns not Lagos ,abuja and PH  and compare it to warri.
Surely Warri has improved since 1995 and it is nice to upload the beautiful pictures of the city  and not negative pix ,every city has its negative side but the developers of that since never upload the negative pix, can you imagine what the americans think of Lagos , they see it as a slum because it is only the slum that is shown on CNN for them to watch, Make ona leave warri for the people weh like the town, abeg we no fit shou, this is a city that had its internal conflict for 8 years but came out of it stronger,
Re: The Real Warri (with Pictures) by nnaemmy(m): 9:23am On Jun 08, 2009
Guy, u just dey showcase warri? but i neva see una popular militant them pix lipsrsealed lipsrsealed
Re: The Real Warri (with Pictures) by darlynstar: 11:39pm On Jun 08, 2009
How about this?, na warri oooooooo, abeg no shout, Abeg  bros(@nnaemmy), u fit upload OPC pix after this or OBJ pix, if holy ghost  fire no burn the pix, leave our ijaw bros, @nnaemmy relax ur blood too dey hot.abi dey send you message.

Re: The Real Warri (with Pictures) by gentle(m): 4:58am On Jun 09, 2009
Kudos to ol my big n bigga bros in da buildn, For those wey oppose,make una take am easi oh,no diff. Btween wetin una dey do so n envy.See folks wey neva reach warri once claimin they were born n brought up in warri, warri! warri! warri i say u too much.
Re: The Real Warri (with Pictures) by smasher1(m): 7:30am On Jun 09, 2009
Somebody go say Papa and Mama Ayo Oritsejafor Word of Life Bible Church 20,000 seating capacity here no be Warri. Na Ayo be President Pentecostal Fellowship of Nigeria and na Warri be this. Area!
Re: The Real Warri (with Pictures) by Pepeye(f): 10:55am On Jun 09, 2009
@Papabrown
Positive energy hmmm coming from someone whose post I’ve rarely come across. . . Point taken
Well thanks for the compliment
Re: The Real Warri (with Pictures) by dgreatrock(m): 2:46pm On Jun 09, 2009
Warri has little or no highrise buildings. This is a fact.
Warri is small when compared to Lagos. But we must not that Lagos is a city-state.
Warri happens to be the commercial nerve centre of Delta state.

One thing that will never change is the attitude of the people. The ever-evolving pidgin english. the langua of d people.
People from every part of Nigeria live in Warri.

Abi, I lie?

@thinkrait
Yes, you are right everyone from all the areas of 9ja live in warri. but you are not right when you said there are no highrise buildings in warri
Re: The Real Warri (with Pictures) by darlynstar: 8:13pm On Jun 09, 2009
It is only a mad man that will compare lagos to warri, Lagos should be compared to places like  New York ,london,paris,washington, not warri.
And for the sake of  truth,those buildings in lagos that are called high rise buildings are notthing compare to the sky rising buildings in new york and paris.
Lets even talk of within nija, lagos cannot competit with Abuja, do not forget that most of the initial infrastructures in lagos were built by FG, alll the bridges and roads  were designed and built by FG but within warri there is little or no FG presence, All those people within the forum that is puttin down Warri should first mention their home town so that it can be compared to warri

@dgreatrock, well done
Re: The Real Warri (with Pictures) by magentam(f): 8:40pm On Jun 09, 2009
Me I happy to see dis pishure O! Up Waffi! Oga poster make God bless you O! E don tey I land dat side, you just dey make me dey hungry to reach yonder. Abeg post more pishures bo! Shame to bad pipo! grin grin grin
Re: The Real Warri (with Pictures) by gentle(m): 8:53am On Jun 10, 2009
grin who dey say papa ayo church nor b warri so?@davidpeter
Re: The Real Warri (with Pictures) by smasher1(m): 11:11am On Jun 10, 2009
@ gentle, people(akpo)see pix & still dey claim say no be Warri e.g. One guy wey say him serve 4 Warri. So before person talk again say no be Warri, I say make I clear ground say Ayo church(Ajamimogha) na Warri! I hail O!
Re: The Real Warri (with Pictures) by NaijaEcash(m): 11:46am On Jun 10, 2009
Warri is a fine place. I can testify that most of those pictures are places in Warri.

To those insisting that the slums should be showcase, how many pictures of New York city or London gets showcased. It is natural to showcase your best, not your worst.

Nice thread.
Re: The Real Warri (with Pictures) by biola44: 11:52am On Jun 10, 2009
wink
Re: The Real Warri (with Pictures) by gentle(m): 9:54pm On Jun 10, 2009
@smasher omoboy carri go u 2 much, see eh who dey against us dey again God and anybdy wey don dey against God nor get winning. And for d rest waffarians in d bunk, make una nor think am, nah forward eva and backward neva. And as far say we dey copy eachoda thru alculturation we nor go eva carry second,if e hard well wel na draw. Area!!
Re: The Real Warri (with Pictures) by bombay: 11:25pm On Jun 10, 2009
Area u try for the picture but man warri no change at all still look glorified GHETTO.
Me original waffi nai dey yarn.
Until the guy change this areas nai i go say waffi done change
Effurun gangster paradise
Safi gangster paradise
In short the whole warri na ghetto
no amenities nothing dey the warri and una go dey blame the federal government.
I watch the governor dis morning when dem ask am watine he done do for delta state the guy no fit yarn kia to say i get koboco i for wip am .
Until waffi big up no changes o
one love big up waffi as them dey say am shine ur eye
grin
Re: The Real Warri (with Pictures) by Beaf: 12:24am On Jun 11, 2009
"The guy man don put wetin in see, u no get camera phone, go take your own pictures na, go alegbo juction, odibo, okere market, agbasa etc, take picture andput here, abi dem hold your leg." - Remii

What! You no even fit splell Agbassa wit capital A? I be 100% Agbassa guy (no single water enter). No let me call Holy Spirit fire bend ya mouth grin

Warri too fine!!
Re: The Real Warri (with Pictures) by Beaf: 1:01am On Jun 11, 2009
To the people wen dey hala for ghetto foto, we wen dey akata know say all the fine places wey dem dey show for tv dey hide some crase backyard wen papa God don forget. Jealousy no be pride o!

PapaBrowne hold ya side. You full ground remain cool
Re: The Real Warri (with Pictures) by savanaha: 1:16am On Jun 11, 2009
Beaf:

To the people wen dey hala for ghetto foto, we wen dey akata know say all the fine places wey dem dey show for tv dey hide some crase backyard wen papa God[/[b]b] don forget. Jealousy no be pride o!

PapaBrowne hold ya side. You full ground remain cool
HAhahaha
Re: The Real Warri (with Pictures) by smasher1(m): 2:54am On Jun 11, 2009
Dem no reach(rich).
Re: The Real Warri (with Pictures) by darlynstar: 9:21am On Jun 11, 2009
@bombay,u need to relax,yes warri has its own issues which is not perculair to the city alone but that does not mean that other people should insult our warri for us, if they insult the town then they don insult everybody for warri abi u no know, what am saying is that every city has its decayed and slum side but that deos not mean that we should show that part , it is time that we show people that Warri has its good and beautiful side
Do you know that people in other parts of the world think that the town is local and the people are primitive just becuz of what the comedians have been doing to the reputation of the city,
Guy u need to show your hand and carry the town up;no allow some people when don lost enter lagos, Abuja and PH tear our shirt;those people forget say their owe town no fine reach warri and becuz they dey stay lagos,PH,ABJ, dem com think say they be better people, mak them compare lagos to New york or paris, na warri their power reach, lagos na local champion, by the way, do you know that Lagos as  a whole is an institution for graduating Criminal minded people, look warri no dey carry last ,if e bad well well then kapta kpata e go end for draw otherwise  we go carry our ball go house,na our ball and na we carry the  ball com field,
Re: The Real Warri (with Pictures) by ifyalways(f): 9:29am On Jun 11, 2009
This thread don turn to full blown warfy thread undecided
warri no dey carry last,kpata kpata na draw.i hail ooo cheesy
Re: The Real Warri (with Pictures) by darlynstar: 9:54am On Jun 11, 2009
Where dem! where dem!! , where those warri haters, we don show,if ona eat crazy,we go crazy follow ona, if na witch level,we go tell ona say we dey oppress witch even inside their coven.
Re: The Real Warri (with Pictures) by brownbonno(m): 11:14am On Jun 11, 2009
When people wants to compare Warri with other cities of Nigeria,they usually forget about the history.Warri is actually one of the best cities in Nigeria that embraces people with diverse ethnic background.She never have a voice of her own because of the different ethnic ownership of the city between the Itsekiri,Ijaw and the Urhobos.Unlike Benin City,Lagos,Abeokuta,Kano etc.
In the face of all of the problems recorded in recent times,Warri is fast moving.The youth agitation today is a result of the Nigerian FACTOR of inability to plan for the future.In the 80s-90s check out the number of JAMB candidates from Warri and the number of Nigeria students from Warri town alone.That suppose to be a hint to Public policy makers that one day there will a burst and here we are with educated militants.
Every growing child in Warri grow up with that type of SELF DETERMINATION life style,preparing yourself for the future,get a better education and possible a good job.But the jobs are not there for the boys.
We have seen Warri in the 70s growing as a town and today is a Cosmopolitan city by extending beyond her natural boundaries to include Effurun,Ovwian,Aladja,Ekpan and almost getting down to Agbarho.
Big thanks to every Waffarian out there.God Bless.
Re: The Real Warri (with Pictures) by otokx(m): 1:08pm On Jun 11, 2009
More Pictures lets show em what we got
Re: The Real Warri (with Pictures) by bombay: 4:34pm On Jun 11, 2009
Origina na u biko no wan
waffi na di bomb na the people nai make am be wonderful place.
The lem na smoke all the banga and starch,ogwo and starch,dry fish and fresh fish peper soup kia see lem.
My nobody fit say waffi no be smoke the groove and the shenkes all  correct.
The thing wey me dey yan na say make our guy wey be governor with all the bah wey im dey collect make him do something spectacular no be to dey fumble.
Me belive say waffi time dey come because we get some very brilliant men and women wey dey plan seriously to big up the ground.
No forget the kpo hahahahaha  grin dey very best in the world original.
If all men fit push there bah enter waffi na big up be dat oooooooooooooooooooooooooooo
No tranga no scempe oko u dey breath
Big up wafffi
waffi hold ur side
waffi dey d blood oooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo
No mercy
Even if waffi no fine i still like hahahahaha
Re: The Real Warri (with Pictures) by smasher1(m): 7:19pm On Jun 11, 2009
Tell dem!
Re: The Real Warri (with Pictures) by phantom(m): 10:20pm On Jun 11, 2009
@darlynstar, Na wa for u o!Wish levels na?How you go dey compare lag to new york?That na injustice.U suppose compare LA or newyork to the whole naija.
Re: The Real Warri (with Pictures) by KnowAll(m): 9:06am On Jun 12, 2009
What happened to sapele, my father told me it was the boom town of the 40's 50's and early 60's why the sudden decline. It was like warri of today a mini nigeria with all the tribes represented and living in harmony.
Re: The Real Warri (with Pictures) by asha80(m): 9:17am On Jun 12, 2009
KnowAll:

What happened to sapele, my father told me it was the boom town of the 40's 50's and early 60's why the sudden decline. It was like warri of today a mini nigeria with all the tribes represented and living in harmony.

Dearth ot timber trade.
Re: The Real Warri (with Pictures) by smasher1(m): 10:42am On Jun 12, 2009
Also no oil company or refinery there 2 drive development.
Re: The Real Warri (with Pictures) by oseiwe(m): 5:54pm On Jun 20, 2009
I know the reason why some pple dey vex when dey see these pics of warri, na because na aerial photos, even d aerial photos make d place be like jand 4 my eye. i saw my area for one of the pics and d place use brain fine sha, maybe na the camera do am.

@poster, go inside the main ijaw quaters for bendel estate snap make dem trip, esp d side wey tompolo broda crib dey.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Picture Scene From Sambissa / Sola Adeyeye On Why Ben Murray-Bruce Was Prevented From Greeting President Buhar / Donald Trump Campaign Car In Calabar Spotted This Evening(photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.