Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,701 members, 7,820,449 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 03:09 PM

The Real Warri (with Pictures) - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / The Real Warri (with Pictures) (43427 Views)

A Dangerous Trip To Maiduguri On A Relief Mission with Pictures-Femi Owolabi / Trailer Full Of Motor Bikes Hijacked By Katsina Indigenes (With Pictures) / Election Results With Pictures (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Real Warri (with Pictures) by dgreatrock(m): 7:32pm On Jun 20, 2009
Sapele? It has been overtaken by events.
Re: The Real Warri (with Pictures) by IKEYMAN1: 9:28pm On Jun 20, 2009
how
Re: The Real Warri (with Pictures) by Beaf: 12:31am On Oct 09, 2009
I nabbed these from photobucket (Godatin Hotel).

Re: The Real Warri (with Pictures) by dgreatrock(m): 9:01am On Oct 10, 2009
Men these thread still dey? shocked

well i get some warfi snaps, i go show you later!
Re: The Real Warri (with Pictures) by AndreUweh(m): 2:09pm On Oct 10, 2009
So why is Uduaghan not developing Asaba?. Check out the stadium in Warri and the one at Asaba the state capital. What ever the case, Asaba is the state capital.
Re: The Real Warri (with Pictures) by Beaf: 3:04pm On Oct 10, 2009
^
But there is an international airport under construction in in Asaba. Warri has always had a stadium, its only been retouched.
Re: The Real Warri (with Pictures) by Kratos007(m): 3:40pm On Oct 10, 2009
You guys are taking pictures of people's private properties and you call it Warri?
Unfortunately those who stay in warri or have stayed in Warri would disagree vehemently with the intent those pictures effuse. I believe strongly in sincerity, and the sincere truth is that the State Govt has done NOTHING in terms of development for the city!
Re: The Real Warri (with Pictures) by dgreatrock(m): 9:05pm On Oct 10, 2009
Kratos007:

You guys are taking pictures of people's private properties and you call it Warri?
Unfortunately those who stay in warri or have stayed in Warri would disagree vehemently with the intent those pictures effuse. I believe strongly in sincerity, and the sincere truth is that the State Govt has done NOTHING in terms of development for the city!

I am surprised at you!

where in the world do you have only Govt properties/buildings to make a place a haven or tourist site?

Goosh!!! some people can be so naive!
Re: The Real Warri (with Pictures) by smasher1(m): 5:27am On Oct 11, 2009
One taught this topic was dead? Where in Lagos, Abuja was built that is really fine? Talk about the Federal Housing estates like Festac, Satellite town are they as beautiful as private residences e.g. victoria Garden City, Banana island, offices area @ V/I or Magodo estate? No, so private private estates like Shell, NNPC, Prodeca, Plantation city would still be more beautiful than government's Bendel estate e.t.c.
Re: The Real Warri (with Pictures) by nduchucks: 9:14am On Oct 11, 2009
i travel go warri recently and the pictures wey dey here are not helpful at all to de common people for warri. de roads wey me i see full of okadas and corrupt ak47 totting police officers manning illegal checkpoints. most of de roads dey for bad shape.

i go inside market to go see mallams wey fit buy or sell foreign currency, but de houses wey line up de streets dey enough to make person cry. na poverty and desperation dey for people eyes.

dem tell me make i hold my small bag well before somebody come try to snatch am from me.

of course the living quarters wey shell oil company, establish for their employees dey OK.

but from de tings wey I see, my conclusion be say, warri is a disgrace of a city! de leaders wey mismanage all de money instead of developing dat place need to be arrested.

warri needs serious help, make una no try paint unhelpful pictures here.
Re: The Real Warri (with Pictures) by Beaf: 9:23am On Oct 11, 2009
^
Foolish government hausa boy. Carry your snake tongued propaganda and crocodile tears elsewhere.
Re: The Real Warri (with Pictures) by SapeleGuy: 11:11am On Oct 11, 2009
Area I hail. Waffi dey rise, the land price for some part nah die. People just dey call 40, 50, 60 million anyhow.
Re: The Real Warri (with Pictures) by nduchucks: 1:03pm On Oct 11, 2009
Beaf:

^
Foolish government hausa boy. Carry your snake tongued propaganda and crocodile tears elsewhere.

i know say una no like to hear bitter truth. i know de tings wey i see for warri, for a town wey get refinery and shell and government dey pollute their air daily, de people deserve much more.

ya tribalism no let you see road again, ko? if na person wey come from south make de same statement wey i make, i suppose you for accept am. na dat kind attitude wey you get dey continue to keep una under servitude. olodo. cry
Re: The Real Warri (with Pictures) by ikeyman00(m): 2:31pm On Oct 11, 2009
dnt mind that idiot; well sometimes he could be^^^

when are MEND and u gona hold all the criminals in the name of state government responsible

i think u need to start from there; sure a lot can improve

i could only wish i can personally step down there, take pics

sad!! init?? me nko hausa u dey craze
Re: The Real Warri (with Pictures) by smasher1(m): 3:59am On Oct 12, 2009
@ Ndt_chucks, there are various markets like main market. The market you visited to exchange currency is Hausa market @ Hausa quarters. How many places nationwide have you seen beautiful Hausa quarters or u want d government to demolish all those old structure and create a housing problem for the Hausas. Anyway time will tell as to that. Like earlier said, everywhere-city has its good & bad spots.
Re: The Real Warri (with Pictures) by festocz(m): 10:12am On Oct 12, 2009
Warri, Such a nice place to be. I miss home.
Re: The Real Warri (with Pictures) by dgreatrock(m): 10:22pm On Oct 12, 2009
SapeleGuy:

Area I hail. Waffi dey rise, the land price for some part nah die. People just dey call 40, 50, 60 million anyhow.

I know it is about those banks, i went for a mere 100ft*50ft and i was told it ll be 2m!

of course i scrammed!
Re: The Real Warri (with Pictures) by sweet9ja: 4:52pm On Jan 12, 2010
I grew up in Orerokpe and Warri, but left 9ja more than nearly 3 decades ago. I've been to some of those glamorous places that often wow us, however, all these cities have their downsides too. We should remember that, when going out, one present his/her good face not the ugly one. Also remember that in this (internet) age whatever you post is seen, not only by Nigerians alone, but by people as far away and as far apart as Argentina and Malaysia. I also regularly view other towns and cities around the world on Youtube, but I don't see slums only "shine, shine" like a friend of mine often says. You see, nobody like to hear about your poverty or your problems (infact there's a more fashionable word for "problem" this days: challenge). It all about PR, it about selling ourselves, it's about telling the world that Warri is beautiful and rising, it about wooing investors to Warri. A VERY BIG THANK TO PAPABROWN. We should all be telling the rest of the world positive stories about Warri. wink
Re: The Real Warri (with Pictures) by Akosbaba(m): 5:37am On May 02, 2010
@papabrowne.could u show us some pictures of the "other" side of warri so we can judge 4 ourselves if the govt isn't selective in their choice of works.
Re: The Real Warri (with Pictures) by Beaf: 9:02pm On Oct 02, 2011
. . .And Warri continues to explode in positive ways. The place has improved much more since this thread was started. cool
Re: The Real Warri (with Pictures) by Bolarge1(m): 9:34am On Jan 09, 2012
I BELEIVE WARRI COULD HAVE DEVELOPED MORE THAN THIS IF UDUAGHA THE PRESENT GOVERNOR HAD WORKED HARDER FROM WHERE IBORI THE FORMER GOVERNOR HAD STOPPED.

IT IS A PITY THERE IS NO CONTINUITY AND LOT OF POLITICS OF WEATHER AN AREA BELONGS TO PDP OF DPP HAS DAMPENED THE DEVELOPMENT OF WARRI.

Re: The Real Warri (with Pictures) by RebelLeader15(m): 1:36pm On Aug 04, 2014
O/p u lie, u nor put the main Warri pictures, places like

Okere
Agbasa
Enerhe junction
Jakpa
Deco
Igbudu market
Ajamimogha
Inside refenery road
Etc
Re: The Real Warri (with Pictures) by richeso: 2:50pm On Aug 04, 2014
OneNaija: The picture are not true that the fact. I was born there and I recently visit there before December the hole place is mess up. Why not show us Enerhen Junction.Inside warri. that estate is Army barrack not inside warri.that water flow is Effuren Roundabout Why not show us inside Effurun.Show us downtown inside warri and eviron. stop fooling peoples here

Wetin dey wowi you ?
I bet you never travel recently joo. Warri is very cool now.
Even in newyork..na everywhere fine ?
All good place must get getto.
Re: The Real Warri (with Pictures) by atlwireles: 4:01pm On Aug 04, 2014
RebelLeader15: O/p u lie, u nor put the main Warri pictures, places like

Okere
Agbasa
Enerhe junction
Jakpa
Deco
Igbudu market
Ajamimogha
Inside refenery road
Etc

So who stopped you from putting the pictures? Some of you are just useless beyond belief.
Re: The Real Warri (with Pictures) by RebelLeader15(m): 4:20pm On Aug 04, 2014
atlwireles:

So who stopped you from putting the pictures? Some of you are just useless beyond belief.
Your hopeless Father is useless beyond belief #Animal
Re: The Real Warri (with Pictures) by atlwireles: 4:27pm On Aug 04, 2014
RebelLeader15:
Your hopeless Father is useless beyond belief #Animal

Rebelleader, I hit the spot cheesy cheesy cheesy, maggot go and look for your papa grave. No need wasting time with you.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Okorocha Constructing Bridges Without Design - COREN / Picture Scene From Sambissa / Sola Adeyeye On Why Ben Murray-Bruce Was Prevented From Greeting President Buhar

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.