Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,492 members, 7,816,163 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 06:57 AM

How Old A Woman Is Too Old? - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / How Old A Woman Is Too Old? (1382 Views)

Wish This 18year's Old A Happy Birthday!!! / Twitter User Claims A Woman Is 'Having Sex' With His 23-Year-Old Neigbour / How Old School Boys Write Letters To Girls In The 70s+80s (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

How Old A Woman Is Too Old? by hioman: 6:46pm On Dec 05, 2015
I'm especially interested in getting the male point of view, but I'd welcome the female opinions, too. How much does a woman's age factor into whether men find her attractive? Probably few heterosexual males don't appreciate an eyeful of a good-looking 20-year-old woman, but at what approximate age, if any, do women stop being ogle worthy?

If it matters, here's my situation: I'm 53 and divorced 2 years after 12 years of marriage to a man with major mental health issues. I stay active--working out, healthy eating, etc.--and am in good shape with a good BMI. I don't know if I'm attractive or not, but I'm not ugly. I take care of my appearance. That should do it, I think.

Are men in general actually attracted to women my age? I ask because the few single men my age I've met/dated have really been looking for women who are substantially younger (say, ten years or more). I get how young = attractive. It just seems like women my age are pretty much ignored by most men unless they're married to them (and sometimes even then they still go out looking for 'fresh fish'). I know there's a lot that goes into the mix--personality, zest for living, confidence, etc., and maybe I'm warped by my few experiences. But given a choice and all else being equal, wouldn't most men over, say, 40, prefer dating women who are substantially younger?

Just trying to put things in perspective.

Thanks!
Re: How Old A Woman Is Too Old? by pet4ril(f): 6:50pm On Dec 05, 2015
Hmmmmm, i think Guys are in better position to answer this one
Re: How Old A Woman Is Too Old? by Mutuwa(m): 6:58pm On Dec 05, 2015
A man is as old as he feels,
A woman is as old,as she looks.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Old A Woman Is Too Old? by Nobody: 6:59pm On Dec 05, 2015
Uh...You're very much still gonna be attractive to men...

My Granny's widowed....And She's remarrying soonest!wink
In other words...she has a Boyfriend... or should I call him A Manfriend? And guess What?? he's very much Younger that her!wink

It's all in the head...If you're attractive, Smart and bold..no matter Your age....you'd still get suitors...judging from the way You write... You're also smart!cheesy

now, that's a bonus!
Re: How Old A Woman Is Too Old? by kilokeys(m): 7:03pm On Dec 05, 2015
Op if u have money... I could make u happy..

I am nt really into these small ladies... I am sapiosexual.. And i think i like you already
Re: How Old A Woman Is Too Old? by firstking01(m): 7:05pm On Dec 05, 2015
Op, for me, imediately she climaxes menopause...she becomes too old for me:/
Re: How Old A Woman Is Too Old? by Nobody: 7:11pm On Dec 05, 2015
firstking01:
Op, for me, imediately she climaxes menopause...she becomes too old for me:/
Some women go through Menopause at 30...undecided

Doesn't necessarily mean they're old...it's all physiological...
Re: How Old A Woman Is Too Old? by ezychris(m): 7:11pm On Dec 05, 2015
The face I make when I know Estharfabian is really dropping the lies very hot

Re: How Old A Woman Is Too Old? by Nobody: 7:15pm On Dec 05, 2015
ezychris:
The face I make when I know Estharfabian is really dropping the lies very hot
LoL!grin

what's so bloody hard to believe? that my Granny's remarrying?undecided She's just 58 BTW...
Re: How Old A Woman Is Too Old? by firstking01(m): 7:18pm On Dec 05, 2015
Estharfabian:
Some women go through Menopause at 30...undecided

Doesn't necessarily mean they're old...it's all physiological...
she becomes too old for mesad
Re: How Old A Woman Is Too Old? by tpiar: 7:22pm On Dec 05, 2015
Personally, I would hold off dating until the kids are grown, unless I considered the dangers of them growing up without a father to be more than the dangers of casual hook ups.

just my opinion sha.
Re: How Old A Woman Is Too Old? by rawpadgin(m): 7:42pm On Dec 05, 2015
Estharfabian:
LoL!grin

what's so bloody hard to believe? that my Granny's remarrying?undecided She's just 58 BTW...
ur granny's 58
she is still a young bebe na
Re: How Old A Woman Is Too Old? by rawpadgin(m): 7:45pm On Dec 05, 2015
u can only be appreciated by men of ur age bracket & or older men

younger men will only want to eat & clean mouth

1 Like

Re: How Old A Woman Is Too Old? by Ajinoride(m): 7:56pm On Dec 05, 2015
hioman:
I'm especially interested in getting the male point of view, but I'd welcome the female opinions, too. How much does a woman's age factor into whether men find her attractive? Probably few heterosexual males don't appreciate an eyeful of a good-looking 20-year-old woman, but at what approximate age, if any, do women stop being ogle worthy?

If it matters, here's my situation: I'm 53 and divorced 2 years after 12 years of marriage to a man with major mental health issues. I stay active--working out, healthy eating, etc.--and am in good shape with a good BMI. I don't know if I'm attractive or not, but I'm not ugly. I take care of my appearance. That should do it, I think.

Are men in general actually attracted to women my age? I ask because the few single men my age I've met/dated have really been looking for women who are substantially younger (say, ten years or more). I get how young = attractive. It just seems like women my age are pretty much ignored by most men unless they're married to them (and sometimes even then they still go out looking for 'fresh fish'). I know there's a lot that goes into the mix--personality, zest for living, confidence, etc., and maybe I'm warped by my few experiences. But given a choice and all else being equal, wouldn't most men over, say, 40, prefer dating women who are substantially younger?

Thanks!
its all about what the man is looking for. but emotionally mature men will appreciate you, I.e if u still see yourself as been beautiful. its all about your mentality. .
Re: How Old A Woman Is Too Old? by Nobody: 9:02pm On Dec 05, 2015
It depends on the guy's view. A 40yrs old lady can still be attractive to a 60yr old man
Re: How Old A Woman Is Too Old? by Johnnoah1st: 9:06pm On Dec 05, 2015
Estharfabian:
Uh...You're very much still gonna be attractive to men...

My Granny's widowed....And She's remarrying soonest!wink
In other words...she has a Boyfriend... or should I call him A Manfriend? And guess What?? he's very much Younger that her!wink

It's all in the head...If you're attractive, Smart and bold..no matter Your age....you'd still get suitors...judging from the way You write... You're also smart!cheesy

now, that's a bonus!
now dis is wat i called madness
Re: How Old A Woman Is Too Old? by Nobody: 9:10pm On Dec 05, 2015
Johnnoah1st:
now dis is wat i called madness
Get Thee behind me Swine!undecided
Re: How Old A Woman Is Too Old? by Nobody: 9:38pm On Dec 05, 2015
hioman:

Thanks!
wink kiss u wan connect?
Re: How Old A Woman Is Too Old? by tpiar: 9:41pm On Dec 05, 2015
if both older and younger women are in the dating pool, isn't that somehow?

just wondering.

@ poster above and op, ignore my post plz, just a general comment, nothing to do with ^
Re: How Old A Woman Is Too Old? by AVRecruit: 12:17am On Dec 06, 2015
they wont talk so as not to cause offense or feel like perves.
Re: How Old A Woman Is Too Old? by ezychris(m): 5:28am On Dec 06, 2015
Estharfabian:
LoL!grin

So the much younger suitor is paying your granny's dowry to who?
Ya Great grandfather? grin

(1) (Reply)

I Finally Have Opportunity To Date Fine Girls / Funny Chat Between A Guy And An MTN Lady Staff When He Called 180(marryme) / Abeg Help Me See Weting I Dey See Pikin Of Nawadays Eeh!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.