Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,672 members, 7,955,466 topics. Date: Sunday, 22 September 2024 at 06:44 AM

T_ D_ Jakes Na Igbo Man? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / T_ D_ Jakes Na Igbo Man? (1120 Views)

T.D. Jakes Shocked After His Theology Called Into Question Following Gay Remarks / Earring-wear Bishop - Td Jakes / Bishop T.D. JAKES' Son Jermaine JAKES Arrested for Lewd Behaviour (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

T_ D_ Jakes Na Igbo Man? by ztyle(m): 1:40am On Jun 01, 2009
Check this out

Family and Heritage
In 1981 he married Serita Ann Jamison.They have five children together (Jamar, Jermaine, Cora, Sarah, and Thomas Jakes Jr.) Jakes is a strong advocate of abstinence and has made appearances on the subject ranging from Good Morning America to Dr. Phil. Jermaine Jakes is a step-son of Jakes, and was arrested in January 2009 for indecent exposure in a public park to undercover police officers.

PBS program African American Lives, Jakes had his DNA analyzed; his Y chromosome showed that he is descended from the Igbo people of what is now Nigeria.According to his family history, it was also suggested that he is descended from them through his paternal grandmother.

shocked So T D jakes na Igbo Man?

Read more: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/T._D._Jakes
Re: T_ D_ Jakes Na Igbo Man? by sosisi(f): 1:41am On Jun 01, 2009
before nko
na original businessman of God too. kiss
He is my brother
Re: T_ D_ Jakes Na Igbo Man? by ztyle(m): 1:55am On Jun 01, 2009
$osisi - my sista na just now i check d update oh, So u self sabi d man? shocked
Abeg tell me how i go take reach em by e-mail? as in personnal e-mail.

make u yarn me more about this Nna man. cool
Re: T_ D_ Jakes Na Igbo Man? by Tudor3(m): 2:03am On Jun 01, 2009
Nwanne,haba!
He's not even landed yet and you're planning to 419 him. . . .uwah bu paw paw mehn. . . . . .
Re: T_ D_ Jakes Na Igbo Man? by ztyle(m): 2:09am On Jun 01, 2009
Nna wat do u mean?
Re: T_ D_ Jakes Na Igbo Man? by pilgrim1(f): 8:28am On Jun 16, 2009
This is quite interesting. Just yesterday we had a light-hearted discussion on something along the lines of living one's life despite all odds. Someone among us who's been a bit reserved and just smiling all along finally made this observation: it's interesting that in well-known places around the world, there's always a Nigerian connection in the frontline of those who are recognized in ministry and other endeavours. I thought for a moment (as I'd not contemplated the matter previously) - just what did he mean?

he went on to mention some names, including T. D. Jakes in USA and the Igbo-connection; Matthew Ashimolowo in the UK and the Yoruba-connection, and Umaru Yar'Adua in Nigeria and the Hausa-connection! grin

You can imagine our raised eyebrows at the last mentioned (Yar'Adua). How does Yar'Adua have anything to do with ministry? The gentleman smiled and quipped:

[list]You dis 'christians' sef, na wah for una!
Una tink say the word 'ministry' is connected with only una religion? Wait.
Even politicians sef dem dey do 'ministry' and 'prophecy' - broaden your minds:
na Nigerian politicians dey see "visions" pass -
na de same Nigerian politicians gee us "Vision 2020" and "Vision 2010";
and Yar'Adua sef na 'general overseer' for ALL the ministries in naija -
'ALL' bar none (especially 'Ministry' of Finance).
[/list]

Hmm, who could argue with him? grin

(1) (Reply)

Which Is The Greatest Among These Three: Faith, Hope And Love? / How Does One Know When God Has Said No? / Is The Biochip The Mark Of The Beast?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.