Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,810 members, 7,817,352 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 10:46 AM

Why the Yoruba Nation is not seeking for secession - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Why the Yoruba Nation is not seeking for secession (5538 Views)

Biafra: Aisha Buhari, Igbo Women Say No To Calls For Secession / Biafra: INEC Speaks On Calls For Secession, Election Boycott / Economy: Buhari Not Seeking Emergency Powers- Presidency (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why the Yoruba Nation is not seeking for secession by Adesege(m): 5:59pm On Dec 06, 2015
Let me quickly state some facts here, I'm not inciting any tribe against each other with this post but I think it will be better I put the records straight on why the Yoruba nation is silent.

The Yoruba nation is made up of intelligent people from all works of life who knows their left from their right.

According to articles on the 1967 civil war, what led to the agitation of Biafra is nothing but greed, lust after power, among others. The igbos want to be at the helm of affairs by all means and cos they were not given the chance, they seek for secession.

Bishop Kukah once said in a public lecture, after he asked a friend who was in the military in the US how coup is plot and I quote "... The idea of a coup could come from an individual who might then sell it to another very close friend. It is hard to know whom to trust so you have to know how to send out feelers. So, for example, you meet a friend and you ask, how are things? And he says, well, my brother, country hard. You could go on and say something like, how can things be so bad? Will we continue like this? It is really terrible. Then you watch and see or hear his reaction. If he is of the same feeling of frustration, then you know that he is a good material and you go from there ..."

This outrightly explains the agitation of Biafra.

Chimanmada Adichie, in her book Half of a yellow sun, acknowledged that Ojukwu never had the ammunitions to fight the war. The people thought he had everything planned until they saw that he was as clueless as they themselves. No offences meant. Also, the people, having returned from Kano empty handed, gave the little they had to the military and the military encouraged it.

The Yoruba Nation, not out of fear, knows that any secession will lead to war and cos we are peace loving and educated, we ruled secession out. It will cost the Yoruba nation nothing to break outta Nigeria but of what usefulness will that be?

The Northerners, according to what I read, were not happy with the amalgamation of the Northern and Southern protectorates from start. They opposed it, that was why power was handed over to them to woo them.

The South-South also has every reason to stand alone but they are not greedy after all. They own 90% of revenues at the federal level yet they never bragged. The South East are trying to woo them to be part of Biafra yet this people never accepted. They understand history will repeat itself.

Bishop Kukah theory or the military theory on coup is like moving in a circle. The second unseats the first, the third unseats the second, and it just goes on.

God bless Nigeria

13 Likes

Re: Why the Yoruba Nation is not seeking for secession by Emekamex(m): 6:02pm On Dec 06, 2015
Trash

5 Likes

Re: Why the Yoruba Nation is not seeking for secession by Adesege(m): 6:04pm On Dec 06, 2015
Emekamex:
Trash

Can facts be stated please?

2 Likes

Re: Why the Yoruba Nation is not seeking for secession by MzPecs(f): 6:04pm On Dec 06, 2015
Arrant nonsense!

I can't read any meaning out of this.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why the Yoruba Nation is not seeking for secession by jaymejate: 6:06pm On Dec 06, 2015
I like you and your write up.
But the problem is they will NEVER want to listen

1 Like

Re: Why the Yoruba Nation is not seeking for secession by jaymejate: 6:07pm On Dec 06, 2015
MzPecs:
Arrant nonsense!

Then you need to read with understanding.

1 Like

Re: Why the Yoruba Nation is not seeking for secession by TonyeBarcanista(m): 6:10pm On Dec 06, 2015
Hmmmm
Re: Why the Yoruba Nation is not seeking for secession by Oblitz(m): 6:22pm On Dec 06, 2015
seen
Re: Why the Yoruba Nation is not seeking for secession by Adesege(m): 6:26pm On Dec 06, 2015
MzPecs:
Arrant nonsense!

Ọ dị mma. Daalụ maka idobe site grin grin grin
Re: Why the Yoruba Nation is not seeking for secession by BoleynDynaSTY(f): 6:30pm On Dec 06, 2015
Laughable...couldn't u have made ur points without comparing like the other OP did?

4 Likes

Re: Why the Yoruba Nation is not seeking for secession by MzPecs(f): 6:30pm On Dec 06, 2015
Adesege:

Ọ dị mma. Daalụ maka idobe site grin grin grin
undecided
Re: Why the Yoruba Nation is not seeking for secession by vivalavida(m): 6:37pm On Dec 06, 2015
rubbish.
all manner of political neophytes are claiming to be eggheads.
Go and read up on that first coup. find out where Nzeogwu hails from. find out where ifeajuna hails from. if we call their areas Igbo land now,u will scream that they are south south. then why claim a coup spearheaded by south south folks is an Igbo coup now?

rubbish

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why the Yoruba Nation is not seeking for secession by Adesege(m): 6:37pm On Dec 06, 2015
BoleynDynaSTY:
Laughable...couldn't u have made ur points without comparing like the other OP did?

The title and the content therein of the other OP already suggest that it was a comparison.

He made mention of the North, South West, and the South South. Why is South East missing
Re: Why the Yoruba Nation is not seeking for secession by Adesege(m): 6:37pm On Dec 06, 2015
MzPecs:

undecided

Thanks for dropping by.
Re: Why the Yoruba Nation is not seeking for secession by Princewill1(m): 6:43pm On Dec 06, 2015
Yorubas want "one Nigeria" so that the igbos will remain in it to minimize the influence of Hausa-Fulani in Yorubaland.

Let igbos secede today and come back here tomorrow to see if any yoruba man will shout "One Nigeria" again.

17 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Why the Yoruba Nation is not seeking for secession by trapQ: 6:45pm On Dec 06, 2015
O.P stop patronising yourself. The only region that can stand on its own is the SS. the Yoruba nation has ONLY Lagos. And of course Lagos is the former capital of Nigeria which is the reason for the status it has today. And even that Lagos is far from sustainable.

What will the Yoruba nation lose?? Oil allocations. plus poor sea freight returns. A lot more too.

7 Likes

Re: Why the Yoruba Nation is not seeking for secession by Nobody: 6:46pm On Dec 06, 2015
Just as I anticipated

Rubbish write up

Is funny dat whenever it comes to Biafra
SS will cease to be igbos

But whenever it comes to criticism a NZEOGWU led coup will become Igbo led Coup
Last time I checked dey re from SS

4 God sakes
What do u wants from igbos.

15 Likes

Re: Why the Yoruba Nation is not seeking for secession by BoleynDynaSTY(f): 6:47pm On Dec 06, 2015
You should've also gone ahead and make ur point and let south east miss out of ur post....
Adesege:

The title and the content therein of the other OP already suggest that it was a comparison.

He made mention of the North, South West, and the South South. Why is South East missing
Re: Why the Yoruba Nation is not seeking for secession by Adesege(m): 6:47pm On Dec 06, 2015
vivalavida:
rubbish.
all manner of political neophytes are claiming to be eggheads.
Go and read up on that first coup. find out where Nzeogwu hails from. find out where ifeajuna hails from. if we call their areas Igbo land now,u will scream that they are south south. then why claim a coup spearheaded by south south folks is an Igbo coup now?

rubbish

Nzeogwu was born to igbo parents who hail from Delta. He was born in Kaduna

Ifeajuna is an Igbo from Onitsha, he was a science graduate frim the University College of Ibadan and became involved in politics, later joining the military.

There is something interesting about Ifeajuna, just like Judas Iscariot, he was executed following a plot to agree a ceasefire with Nigeria and overthrow Emeka Ojukwu.
Re: Why the Yoruba Nation is not seeking for secession by Nobody: 6:52pm On Dec 06, 2015
Adesege:

Nzeogwu was born to igbo parents who hail from Delta. He was born in Kaduna

Ifeajuna is an Igbo from Onitsha, he was a science graduate frim the University College of Ibadan and became involved in politics, later joining the military.

There is something interesting about Ifeajuna, just like Judas Iscariot, he was executed following a plot to agree a ceasefire with Nigeria and overthrow Emeka Ojukwu.

So dre re now igbos in Delta?

9 Likes

Re: Why the Yoruba Nation is not seeking for secession by Adesege(m): 6:55pm On Dec 06, 2015
trapQ:
O.P stop patronising yourself. The only region that can stand on its own is the SS. the Yoruba nation has ONLY Lagos. And of course Lagos is the former capital of Nigeria which is the reason for the status it has today. And even that Lagos is far from sustainable.

What will the Yoruba nation lose?? Oil allocations. plus poor sea freight returns. A lot more too.

You think the Yoruba Nation has alot to lose? I don't think so.

We have Lagos, fine. What of Bitumen in Ondo? Quarry in Ogun? Etc.

We have natural resources if maximized will give a high returns.

Remember that if we focus on our border at Idiroko, that can be a source of revenue to the Federal Govt.

If the Yoruba Nation can make policies that affect its citizens, we are good to go.

A quick look into the National conference report will give you a better understanding.

wink

1 Like

Re: Why the Yoruba Nation is not seeking for secession by Adesege(m): 7:00pm On Dec 06, 2015
101percent:

So dre re now igbos in Delta?

I'm a true Ondo man.

Some years ago, I was told there are some urhobo living in Ondo, I couldn't believe. Actually, it was a female friend of mine who said she hails from Ondo, yet she's not Yoruba. Until she explained to me that there are some urhobo in Ondo, before I got to know.

There is what we call migration.

Nzeogwu parents hail from Delta and they are Igbo.

Don't let us mix it up
Re: Why the Yoruba Nation is not seeking for secession by agadez007(m): 7:04pm On Dec 06, 2015
This must be the Weakest ''COUNTER THREAD'' ever

Long yawwwwwwwnnnnnnnnnnnnn

2 Likes

Re: Why the Yoruba Nation is not seeking for secession by agadez007(m): 7:07pm On Dec 06, 2015
Adesege:

I'm a true Ondo man.

Some years ago, I was told there are some urhobo living in Ondo, I couldn't believe. Actually, it was a female friend of mine who said she hails from Ondo, yet she's not Yoruba. Until she explained to me that there are some urhobo in Ondo, before I got to know.

There is what we call migration.

Nzeogwu parents hail from Delta and they are Igbo.

Don't let us mix it up
but your fellow yeroba see us as lang-grabbers/attache by force when we tell em there are igbos in South south Nigeria

4 Likes

Re: Why the Yoruba Nation is not seeking for secession by Adesege(m): 7:14pm On Dec 06, 2015
agadez007:
but your fellow yeroba see us as lang-grabbers/attache by force when we tell em there are igbos in South south Nigeria

Re: Why the Yoruba Nation is not seeking for secession by Adesege(m): 7:19pm On Dec 06, 2015
Princewill1:
Yorubas want "one Nigeria" so that the igbos will remain in it to minimize the influence of Hausa-Fulani in Yorubaland.

Let igbos secede today and come back here tomorrow to see if any yoruba man will shout "One Nigeria" again.

You think so? Yoruba also has its own tactics of fighting for secession. We didn't just publicize it.

I strongly believe the fight for secession is out of greed. Those that are clamouring for it, will do same as what is being done in Nigeria.

Like I said, it's like a merry-go-round.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

See Photo Of The Policeman That Allegedly Shot A Soldier Dead In Port-harcourt / Why The South East Must Trade With Caution With The Hausa Fulani / JUST In:kaduna Court Upholds El-rufai’s Nomination As APC Governorship Candidate

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.