Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,411 members, 7,954,629 topics. Date: Saturday, 21 September 2024 at 03:07 AM

Buhari Shut Ibeto Cement, Halts Shipment Of Cement For Unknown Reason - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Buhari Shut Ibeto Cement, Halts Shipment Of Cement For Unknown Reason (21776 Views)

How Buhari Shut The Mouth Of ‘blood Suckers’ In Nigeria – Northern Group / Buhari’s Men To Shut Ibeto Cement, Halts Shipment Of Cement For Unknown Reason / Prof. Alexia Thomas To Buhari: Shut Down Nigerian Embassy In Uk Within 48hrs (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Buhari Shut Ibeto Cement, Halts Shipment Of Cement For Unknown Reason by Bigprozzie: 11:01pm On Dec 06, 2015
francizy:

Am a Nigerian and Lagos is in Nigeria. As a Nigerian, I can choose to be anywhere I like, at anytime. Or should I ask you why you aren't working in Obasanjo's Ota farm before you know how senseless and stewpid your question sounds?

Oh sorry I thought you are an IPOB biafran

No need to get worked up

So as a Nigerian, what are you contributing to the development of your country?

2 Likes

Re: Buhari Shut Ibeto Cement, Halts Shipment Of Cement For Unknown Reason by DrDoctor(m): 11:04pm On Dec 06, 2015
After listening to that Alhaji and kunle conversation., I wouldn't doubt this story.
Am still carrying out my investigations though and if this story turns out to be what it seems.,I will personally lead.the next BIAFRA PROTEST!!

Haba!! enough is enough !!!

7 Likes

Re: Buhari Shut Ibeto Cement, Halts Shipment Of Cement For Unknown Reason by Sall(m): 11:12pm On Dec 06, 2015
It took Mr President too long to barn ibeto and every other importers of cement from importing cement into the country when we have more to export.
Re: Buhari Shut Ibeto Cement, Halts Shipment Of Cement For Unknown Reason by chinchum(m): 11:35pm On Dec 06, 2015
Nigeria is self sufficient on cement, at this trying times of the nation, unnecessary importation of items we are fully and immediately capable of producing to meet internal demands must be prevented. Ibeto should produce locally. NO to depletion of our foreign reserve

2 Likes

Re: Buhari Shut Ibeto Cement, Halts Shipment Of Cement For Unknown Reason by Forwetinnah: 11:42pm On Dec 06, 2015
...and people are still wondering why this country shouldn't be divided?! Have they asked Dangote how he transacts his business?! What the fliiiiiip is wrong with Dullamadu Buhari?!!!! angry

7 Likes

Re: Buhari Shut Ibeto Cement, Halts Shipment Of Cement For Unknown Reason by Forwetinnah: 11:50pm On Dec 06, 2015
davide470:
Little is known of Ibeto Cement and their huge import rate of cement and other goods..

.Their corporate governance structure is hard to come by

.They are not listed on the capital market and from the look of things; they won't even get on board. They dont care.

.They have never raised capital through any private placement ever, as such, they have no shareholders.

.Their directors (Executive and Non-Exec) are from one region of Nigeria.

.They could as well be dealing in cocaine and no one would know.. Just saying..

Then, have you watched Narcos..(The story of Pablo Escobar). Just saying.

...then he must be dealing with the Cocaine kingpins from the West, just imagine the conclusion you came up with? The monopoly of the Hausas in major transactions is only just the beginning...they can throw some crumbs to the West. Bite me!
GEJ allowed business men from ALL TRIBES to thrive business wise but not Booooohari

8 Likes

Re: Buhari Shut Ibeto Cement, Halts Shipment Of Cement For Unknown Reason by actuspurus: 11:59pm On Dec 06, 2015
Banki you are a sadist just like your mentor Buhari
Re: Buhari Shut Ibeto Cement, Halts Shipment Of Cement For Unknown Reason by VANHELLSING: 12:04am On Dec 07, 2015
I foresee this happening hence, it does not come as a surprise to me
Re: Buhari Shut Ibeto Cement, Halts Shipment Of Cement For Unknown Reason by Nobody: 12:10am On Dec 07, 2015
The report says that Ibeto applied for foreign exchange at CBN but got denied. He then seeked foreign avenue and got it. But the vulturistic, wicked and anti Biafran business monsters still went after him. Talk about evil...here is one looking at you glaringly in the face. I have warned and will continue to warn SS and SE...this country was founded to dehumanize you, strip you of every sense of dignity you have to live as a human. The currency exchange policy and bureau de change run by northerners is primarily inplace to muscle out SE and SS businesses. Useless people you think you can hold down Igbo businessmen? If you block one way, they have another...that's why they are successful. This is their territory as with the jews...business and money control!I bet they were surprised he could source $365 million outside of the country...they couldn't believe it. They thought doing denying him exchange will render his plans futile.

To Dangote? Why are you afraid of competition? All this glory and praise given to you as an astute businessman and billionaire is not merited at all. You thrive solely in monopoly. If you are man enough, face Ibeto in business without government interference...strictly based on market forces, Ibeto will run you out of business in 2 yrs. Think Ibeto is your mate in business? If you are man enough, come out one on one. You Dangote tried to strangle this man under Obasanjo, he lost over $2 Billion, he remained resolute , with his never-die Igbo spirit, he came again, and now you are planning again? For this alone Biafra is justified.

Useless country, you wonder why our economy is going down the drain, this is why. Rather than help him exchange $365 million to grow our economy via deposits, you denied him; you don't care if the economy suffers because he is Igbo and fear he will dominate?

Someone should tell me if there is any difference between the conversation between Alhaji and Kunle, and what is now being done to Ibeto? This is verbatim what the Alhaji said to Kunle.

Same thing was done to Innoson few months ago via Yoruba GTB bank under Northern instructions...they almost finished Innoson.
https://www.nairaland.com/2396064/innoson-slams-n30-billion-suit

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Buhari Shut Ibeto Cement, Halts Shipment Of Cement For Unknown Reason by Nobody: 12:51am On Dec 07, 2015
davide470:
Little is known of Ibeto Cement and their huge import rate of cement and other goods..

.They are not listed on the capital market and from the look of things; they won't even get on board. They dont care.

.They have never raised capital through any private placement ever, as such, they have no shareholders.

I don't see Whr it's a crime for one to be a private business owner. it's not a crime he don't need the public to raise funds when he is a born hustlers.

1 Like

Re: Buhari Shut Ibeto Cement, Halts Shipment Of Cement For Unknown Reason by ril19(m): 1:07am On Dec 07, 2015
Bubu This Is Not Fair O.

I Thought You Said You "Belong To Nobody". Why Are You Now Playing Out The Script Dangote Wrote?

2 Likes

Re: Buhari Shut Ibeto Cement, Halts Shipment Of Cement For Unknown Reason by tomakint: 1:43am On Dec 07, 2015
davide470:

Check it bro, you may need a shrink as soon as possible.....

5 Likes

Re: Buhari Shut Ibeto Cement, Halts Shipment Of Cement For Unknown Reason by ODUBEZE: 1:51am On Dec 07, 2015
Someone should please remind PMB that there is no job out there! He should stop shutting down the existing one(s).
What a poor manager!
Lord have mercy!

4 Likes

Re: Buhari Shut Ibeto Cement, Halts Shipment Of Cement For Unknown Reason by opribo(m): 2:21am On Dec 07, 2015
It is very important that all this actions against the east are brought to the fore so that they will be seen by the whole world. So that when we say we are tired of the way this glorified almajiri government officials are behaving nobody will turn around and say we don't know what we are doing.

1 Like

Re: Buhari Shut Ibeto Cement, Halts Shipment Of Cement For Unknown Reason by Nobody: 2:46am On Dec 07, 2015
There is a voice Note in this link. A phone conversation between two politicians,a yoruba man and Hausa man. Turns out the yoruba politician decided to leak it. For those who still feels we are "One Nigeria" Please take your time and listen. If what this Buharis move is true then it confirms what's in the leaked plan.

http://www.thetrentonline.com/exposed-phone-conversation-reveals-plot-of-the-north-and-south-west-and-the-east-listen/?utm_campaign=shareaholic&utm_medium=email_this&utm_source=email
Re: Buhari Shut Ibeto Cement, Halts Shipment Of Cement For Unknown Reason by PROUDIGBO(m): 3:03am On Dec 07, 2015
ubah84:
we don't want cement from criminals they should sell it in biafroud

^^^Free awoof oyel money from Alaigb nko.....you want dat one?
Re: Buhari Shut Ibeto Cement, Halts Shipment Of Cement For Unknown Reason by arresa: 3:21am On Dec 07, 2015
Re: Buhari Shut Ibeto Cement, Halts Shipment Of Cement For Unknown Reason by naijaking1: 3:37am On Dec 07, 2015
kettykings:
Igbos should boycott dangote products if they feel offended.
I think some people are taking this cement monopoly too far.

Dangote has shown little tolerance for competition, unfortunately, he is as tribalistic as some of his towns people here on N/L.
At the appropriate time, he too will learn that mixing up business with politics has it's limits. Let him ask JP Morgan and other earlier American enterpreneurs who wielded so much political power while parading as business men.

2 Likes

Re: Buhari Shut Ibeto Cement, Halts Shipment Of Cement For Unknown Reason by Meriekriss: 5:16am On Dec 07, 2015
davide470:

You said many rubbish and ended them with "just saying" just because you want to defend Buhari by all means.. What kind of assumption is this? You should making effort to give us the genuine reasons why Buhari is banning him and not trying to justify the actions blindly..

8 Likes

Re: Buhari Shut Ibeto Cement, Halts Shipment Of Cement For Unknown Reason by Nobody: 6:02am On Dec 07, 2015
TYRANNY
Re: Buhari Shut Ibeto Cement, Halts Shipment Of Cement For Unknown Reason by abouzaid: 6:52am On Dec 07, 2015
arresa:
http://newsrescue.com/cbn-bans-import-of-rice-cement-margarine-palm-products-vegetable-oils-meat-and-products-toothpicks-others/

^^^^^^^Back in July...

CBN bans importation of cement...
the cbn stopped selling forex to cement importers not banning them. call evil by it's name, if this report is true then i see more millionaires and billionaires sponsoring an armed arm of massob in addition to individual contributions. ibeto suffered a stroke under obj for this same issue and every Nigerian is enjoying the present free in the prices of cement, would you like to see cement selling at #2000 again?

2 Likes

Re: Buhari Shut Ibeto Cement, Halts Shipment Of Cement For Unknown Reason by 989900: 6:53am On Dec 07, 2015
The story definitely has some 'K leg'. I'll take a seat and wait for further info.
Re: Buhari Shut Ibeto Cement, Halts Shipment Of Cement For Unknown Reason by omoelesa(m): 7:02am On Dec 07, 2015
These flattheads will never stop to amaze u, with there level of insecurity.Who is ibeto? What does he do for a living.
Re: Buhari Shut Ibeto Cement, Halts Shipment Of Cement For Unknown Reason by LadyExcellency: 7:27am On Dec 07, 2015
They just hate competition and want to rip Nigerians off. It's operation render Southeast Economy redundant to Northeast level.

Wicked Government

Dangote Cement Plc has recorded a slim growth in earnings for the half year period ended June 30, 2014.

Dangote Cement Plc

The results released on the floor of the Nigerian Stock Exchange (NSE) showed that its earnings went up marginally by 5.26 per cent to N208.91 billion from N198.46 billion in the prior year.

However, there was a higher increase in the cost of sales by 13.63 per cent to N75.37 billion from N66.33 billion in the first half of 2013, which leads to a flat growth in profit from core operation which stood at N111.98 billion compared with the N111.09 billion in the prior year.

Following the expiration of the tax holiday it enjoyed over the years, its net earnings dipped as pre-tax income reduced by 0.57 per cent to N107.07 billion in the period under review, from N107.68 billion in the corresponding period. This occurred despite a 9.16 per cent growth in finance income to N3.23 billion from N2.96 billion achieved in the corresponding period of 2013.

Analysts believed this was largely due to a significant spike in finance charges of 27.89 per cent to N8.15 billion from N6.40 billion, supported by the significant rise in short term borrowing and bank overdraft by 89 per cent and 169 per cent respectively during the period.

A further analysis of the results showed that the company’s shareholders’ funds declined by 4.17 per cent to N522.3 billion, reflecting the dip in net earnings.

Although its total assets grew by 6.74 per cent to N900.06 billion from N843.20 billion over the period, it was impacted by the significant rise in short term borrowings and bank overdrafts to N104.7 billion and N2.3 billion during the period.

Despite the company's half year performance, analysts at BGL Limited stressed that they are optimistic about their full year revenue projection of N488.30 billion.

“As usual, the third quarter demand for construction is expected to lead to increase in sales by the company. In this regard, we retain out buy recommendation on the shares of Dangote Cement ahead of our detailed report on this result,” BGL stated.

Meanwhile, the Nigerian stock market performance indicator showed that the NSE -ASI depreciated by 0.05 per cent in yesterday’s trading to close at 41,767.33 (this brings the year-to-date appreciation to 1.06%) relative to the previous day trading session closing figure of 41,789.58.

Also, the turnover by volume of transaction decreased by 5.16 per cent relative to the previous day trading session closing figure. Value of transaction however, increased by 78.62 percent

Source: http://www.thisdaylive.com/articles/dangote-cement-records-marginal-increase-in-operating-profit/186981/
Re: Buhari Shut Ibeto Cement, Halts Shipment Of Cement For Unknown Reason by Yujin(m): 7:42am On Dec 07, 2015
I'm yet to make a thorough research on this to confirm its authenticity but let me use the benefit of hindsight to comment. This happened under OBJ so I won't doubt Buhari doing the same thing. Anyone who is very good at observation would have noticed that there's a grand conspiracy to ensure there are no heavy money bags from the SE or SS. Check all those politicians or businessmen who have been accused of corruption and embezzlement and have been dealt with, more than 85% have been from these two regions. Then ask yourself, are they the only corrupt people or looters of government money in Nigeria? I hate corruption and looting of government money and wouldn't support anyone but when there's selective justice then I'm inclined to adjust my stance. Why are our people blind to all these happenings? Are we under a powerful spell that seems to cloud our sense of reasoning? I hate the embezzlement from our own politicians but would have preferred if the punishment was all inclusive. Alamiesiyegha, Ibori, Cecilia Ibru,(we all know how Odili escaped and now he doesn't talk again), same thing with Chimaroke Nnamani. At present they are Gej, Diezeani Alison Madueke and Dokpesi. I heard they went for the former SFG too and even are eying Ihejirika. I then ask: where's Otedola and Farouk? What about the confirmed Boko senator Aliyu Ndume? Ok what about the pension board fraud? Any further news about the former Jigawa state governor? Atiku and harliburton? I didn't even mention Obj and IBB. Ok can anyone mention just two northern Muslims that have been jailed for corruption or embezzlement over the past 16yrs? If you don't see a pattern I see one clearly. Ensure they have no bigwigs that can match our elites when it comes to finance. That's the game but yet many of our people are acting patriotism with chains over their necks. I'll further on this topic after my research.

4 Likes

Re: Buhari Shut Ibeto Cement, Halts Shipment Of Cement For Unknown Reason by gbadexy(m): 7:53am On Dec 07, 2015
I hope this isn't true.
I wouldn't be too surprised knowing dangote schemed against ibeto during jonathan's tenure.
Being a business person, I can relate and empathise with ibeto.
Re: Buhari Shut Ibeto Cement, Halts Shipment Of Cement For Unknown Reason by BlackTechnology: 8:26am On Dec 07, 2015
Yujin:
I'm yet to make a thorough research on this to confirm its authenticity but let me use the benefit of hindsight to comment. This happened under OBJ so I won't doubt Buhari doing the same thing. Anyone who is very good at observation would have noticed that there's a grand conspiracy to ensure there are no heavy money bags from the SE or SS. Check all those politicians or businessmen who have been accused of corruption and embezzlement and have been dealt with, more than 85% have been from these two regions. Then ask yourself, are they the only corrupt people or looters of government money in Nigeria? I hate corruption and looting of government money and wouldn't support anyone but when there's selective justice then I'm inclined to adjust my stance. Why are our people blind to all these happenings? Are we under a powerful spell that seems to cloud our sense of reasoning? I hate the embezzlement from our own politicians but would have preferred if the punishment was all inclusive. Alamiesiyegha, Ibori, Cecilia Ibru,(we all know how Odili escaped and now he doesn't talk again), same thing with Chimaroke Nnamani. At present they are Gej, Diezeani Alison Madueke and Dokpesi. I heard they went for the former SFG too and even are eying Ihejirika. I then ask: where's Otedola and Farouk? What about the confirmed Boko senator Aliyu Ndume? Ok what about the pension board fraud? Any further news about the former Jigawa state governor? Atiku and harliburton? I didn't even mention Obj and IBB. Ok can anyone mention just two northern Muslims that have been jailed for corruption or embezzlement over the past 16yrs? If you don't see a pattern I see one clearly. Ensure they have no bigwigs that can match our elites when it comes to finance. That's the game but yet many of our people are acting patriotism with chains over their necks. I'll further on this topic after my research.

angry

When an ethnic financial elites keep quiet over the oppression of their kinsmen, the oppressors will come after them

Very soon Okorocha and Ohaneze will be dealt with by this government before they wake up from their hypocrisy

1 Like

Re: Buhari Shut Ibeto Cement, Halts Shipment Of Cement For Unknown Reason by BlackTechnology: 8:28am On Dec 07, 2015
gbadexy:
I hope this isn't true.
I wouldn't be too surprised knowing dangote schemed against ibeto during jonathan's tenure.

angry

Great lie against Jonathan

Jonathan never did so

Re: Buhari Shut Ibeto Cement, Halts Shipment Of Cement For Unknown Reason by Trut(m): 8:44am On Dec 07, 2015
gbadexy:
I hope this isn't true.

The news is true, Ibeto cement is scarce in the market. You can ask any cement dealers that sells Ibeto cement.
Re: Buhari Shut Ibeto Cement, Halts Shipment Of Cement For Unknown Reason by davide470(m): 7:27pm On Dec 07, 2015
adeaks:

Hmmmmm. Never knew the company was that shady.

But how come the company keeps getting the necessary licenses if they aren't so clean or open. The fact that they have remained operational even through successive governments says a lot.
They pay their taxes when due, and they try to stay off the limelight.

A normal President should be scared a bit sha.
Re: Buhari Shut Ibeto Cement, Halts Shipment Of Cement For Unknown Reason by arresa: 7:54pm On Dec 07, 2015
abouzaid:
the cbn stopped selling forex to cement importers not banning them. call evil by it's name, if this report is true then i see more millionaires and billionaires sponsoring an armed arm of massob in addition to individual contributions. ibeto suffered a stroke under obj for this same issue and every Nigerian is enjoying the present free in the prices of cement, would you like to see cement selling at #2000 again?

It says BAN. Learn how to read and comprehend.
Re: Buhari Shut Ibeto Cement, Halts Shipment Of Cement For Unknown Reason by Nobody: 6:40pm On Jan 25, 2016
This is a front page material,not the likes of yobo look dapper,

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Osinbajo: Buhari And I Poorly Paid / PMB Deserves Praise For Not Discarding GEJ's Kano-Niger Republic Rail - Lauretta / Amaechi Working For Atiku, Rivers PDP Alleges

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 61
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.