Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,689 members, 7,823,943 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 06:52 PM

Buhari Shut Ibeto Cement, Halts Shipment Of Cement For Unknown Reason - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Buhari Shut Ibeto Cement, Halts Shipment Of Cement For Unknown Reason (21353 Views)

How Buhari Shut The Mouth Of ‘blood Suckers’ In Nigeria – Northern Group / Buhari’s Men To Shut Ibeto Cement, Halts Shipment Of Cement For Unknown Reason / Prof. Alexia Thomas To Buhari: Shut Down Nigerian Embassy In Uk Within 48hrs (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Buhari Shut Ibeto Cement, Halts Shipment Of Cement For Unknown Reason by Scholes007(m): 7:34pm On Jan 25, 2016
VANHELLSING:
I foresee this happening hence, it does not come as a surprise to me
this have been my greatest fear... I have tons of pictures about industrial developments in south east, then anytime i come online (especially faceless forum like this) and i read comments from people i keep it to myself because you never can tell.
Re: Buhari Shut Ibeto Cement, Halts Shipment Of Cement For Unknown Reason by gurujoe(m): 9:18pm On Jan 25, 2016
that dangote is the richest in Africa are all because of these kind scenarios that made it.
Re: Buhari Shut Ibeto Cement, Halts Shipment Of Cement For Unknown Reason by Nobody: 9:53pm On Jan 25, 2016
We are definitely not united
Re: Buhari Shut Ibeto Cement, Halts Shipment Of Cement For Unknown Reason by abu12: 11:21pm On Jan 25, 2016
Real2020:
The report says that Ibeto applied for foreign exchange at CBN but got denied. He then seeked foreign avenue and got it. But the vulturistic, wicked and anti Biafran business monsters still went after him. Talk about evil...here is one looking at you glaringly in the face. I have warned and will continue to warn SS and SE...this country was founded to dehumanize you, strip you of every sense of dignity you have to live as a human. The currency exchange policy and bureau de change run by northerners is primarily inplace to muscle out SE and SS businesses. Useless people you think you can hold down Igbo businessmen? If you block one way, they have another...that's why they are successful. This is their territory as with the jews...business and money control!I bet they were surprised he could source $365 million outside of the country...they couldn't believe it. They thought doing denying him exchange will render his plans futile.

To Dangote? Why are you afraid of competition? All this glory and praise given to you as an astute businessman and billionaire is not merited at all. You thrive solely in monopoly. If you are man enough, face Ibeto in business without government interference...strictly based on market forces, Ibeto will run you out of business in 2 yrs. Think Ibeto is your mate in business? If you are man enough, come out one on one. You Dangote tried to strangle this man under Obasanjo, he lost over $2 Billion, he remained resolute , with his never-die Igbo spirit, he came again, and now you are planning again? For this alone Biafra is justified.

Useless country, you wonder why our economy is going down the drain, this is why. Rather than help him exchange $365 million to grow our economy via deposits, you denied him; you don't care if the economy suffers because he is Igbo and fear he will dominate?

Someone should tell me if there is any difference between the conversation between Alhaji and Kunle, and what is now being done to Ibeto? This is verbatim what the Alhaji said to Kunle.

Same thing was done to Innoson few months ago via Yoruba GTB bank under Northern instructions...they almost finished Innoson.
https://www.nairaland.com/2396064/innoson-slams-n30-billion-suit

Wayoooo, dis man is frustrated hahahahaha

Tell ibeto 2 build a production factory in SE, so that E can employ ur useless ipod members, instead of importing frm oda country. Dia is lime stone in enugu.

2 Likes

Re: Buhari Shut Ibeto Cement, Halts Shipment Of Cement For Unknown Reason by grandstar(m): 12:06am On Jan 26, 2016
banki:
Keep lying....

The same ibeto cement of obj yaradua jonathan period?

If there is a ban on importation of cement and other people like burham are not allowed to import can anyone give me any genuine reason why ibeto should be allowed

There are indegenious producers like larfage ashaka and dangote...

The import ban is adversely affecting the building industry.

Nigerians pay way above the world market price for cement.

Dangote's post tax profits are half of his sales. The country is being ripped off

1 Like

Re: Buhari Shut Ibeto Cement, Halts Shipment Of Cement For Unknown Reason by grandstar(m): 12:10am On Jan 26, 2016
Duru1:

Do you think Dangote does not import cement?
he does not
Re: Buhari Shut Ibeto Cement, Halts Shipment Of Cement For Unknown Reason by grandstar(m): 12:16am On Jan 26, 2016
betty202020:
are u from another planet? Did u read or view in the tv or hear from radio that there is ban on cement importation? that shows that u and buhari have the same brain capacity. Even when reasonable not vindictive and sadist president wants to stop importation of goods, notice of ban of not less than 3 months must be issued. The more people complain of his sadistic approach to issues, the more embittered he become. Obj tried it ibeto won, he (ibeto) will still win again with compensation.
Ibeto is allowed to import cement until 2017. They are the only ones allowed to import. I think its limited to 1.5m tons yearly. Its also a special kind of cement.

Its has nothing to do with tribalism.

Buhari like OBJ are notorious protectionist. Dangote has never hidden his disdain for this privilege given to Ibeto. He feels he can succeed now with a protectionist in power. Yaradua snobbed Dangote.

1 Like

Re: Buhari Shut Ibeto Cement, Halts Shipment Of Cement For Unknown Reason by grandstar(m): 12:23am On Jan 26, 2016
ebucha:
The shut down is as a result of none compliance to customs/import duties. United cement company, Calabar was also shutdown middle this year for importing materials for its ongoin expansion project. It really bit me how gullible and vulnerable Nigerians have become to these quackery media houses. Most unemployed here are so quick to condemn the government without knowing the inimical effects of importation. Some don't even know that aside employment opportunities staff of cement manufacturers like Lafarge, Ashaka and Unicem have very attractive remuneration and work condition.

The local manufacturers sell overpriced cement which has an adverse effect on the building industry. For every 1 job that Lafarge or Dangote creates, about 5 are probably lost in the wider economy. The building industry would be far more vibrant if cement was much cheaper

1 Like

Re: Buhari Shut Ibeto Cement, Halts Shipment Of Cement For Unknown Reason by Nobody: 8:57am On Jan 26, 2016
Ibeto cement is far better and appreciated more by block makers,compared to that of dangote.why must he suffer just to make our economy competitive?
Re: Buhari Shut Ibeto Cement, Halts Shipment Of Cement For Unknown Reason by 400billionman: 10:20pm On Jan 28, 2016
justjeff:
Ibeto cement is far better and appreciated more by block makers,compared to that of dangote.why must he suffer just to make our economy competitive?

Ibeto should just up a factory let us rest. Moulders are using BUA and Dangote right now.
Re: Buhari Shut Ibeto Cement, Halts Shipment Of Cement For Unknown Reason by heniford2: 9:38pm On Mar 24, 2022
Bleep buhari undecided

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Buhari Shut Ibeto Cement, Halts Shipment Of Cement For Unknown Reason by IGBOSON1: 10:21pm On Mar 24, 2022
Duru1:
I am not surprise too. This has been modus operandi of the northern regional oligarchy that have ruled Nigeria egged on by the southwestern regional cabals. It is only in Nigeria where a citizen is frustrated so that another citizen from a particular section of the country will enjoy.
Re: Buhari Shut Ibeto Cement, Halts Shipment Of Cement For Unknown Reason by heniford2: 10:49pm On Mar 24, 2022
[quote author=IGBOSON1 post=111339642][/quote]this is so so bad kia undecided

1 Like

Re: Buhari Shut Ibeto Cement, Halts Shipment Of Cement For Unknown Reason by house10s2: 11:51pm On Mar 24, 2022
dangote
Re: Buhari Shut Ibeto Cement, Halts Shipment Of Cement For Unknown Reason by Spandau: 12:03am On Mar 25, 2022
Demmocrats:

This is wickedness at the highest level.

Fulanis are th most unpatriotic, heartless and wicked human beings on earth. They are so myopic and cruel. They will rather run the country and economy aground just to promote their ethno/religious agenda. If anyone has been observant, he would know that throughout this Buhari administration, they have been busy dismantling everything progressing and progressive in the Southern region.

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Femi Fani-kayode Slams Osinbajo Over Silence On Killing Of Christians.. / Fashola Inspects MOJEC International Meter Manufacturing Company,Lagos(pics) / Oyetola Appoints Prince Oluwole Oyebamiji As SSG, Charles Diji Akinola As COS

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.