Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,849 members, 7,810,276 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 04:24 AM

10 Things The Holy Book Teaches About Fornication - Religion (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / 10 Things The Holy Book Teaches About Fornication (34793 Views)

Pastors Reading From Ipad And Tablet Instead Of Holy Book. Right Or Wrong ? / What The Bible Teaches About These Five Church Practices / 7 Things The Bible Forbids, But We Do Anyway (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 10 Things The Holy Book Teaches About Fornication by rosalieene(f): 10:37am On Dec 13, 2015
seunmsg:
10. If anyone thinks that he is not behaving properly toward his betrothed, if his passions are strong, and it has to be, let him do as he wishes: let them marry
—it is no sin. (1 Corinthians 7:36)

In other words, you can have sex with a lady that is betrothed to you even when you are not married. So, sex before marriage in this case is not a sin.

You ended up misinterpreting that verse!! just to justify sin!!! Christians!!!. I just opened my bible and went thru it. And you removed the part that said 'that have decided not to marry' that is referring to the engaged/betrothed couple.

1 Like

Re: 10 Things The Holy Book Teaches About Fornication by rosalieene(f): 10:38am On Dec 13, 2015
seunmsg:
10. If anyone thinks that he is not behaving properly toward his betrothed, if his passions are strong, and it has to be, let him do as he wishes: let them marry

In other words, you can have sex with a lady that is betrothed to you even when you are not married. So, sex before marriage in this case is not a sin.
You ended up misinterpreting that verse!! just to justify sin!!! Christians!!!. I just opened my bible and went thru it
Re: 10 Things The Holy Book Teaches About Fornication by seunmsg(m): 10:44am On Dec 13, 2015
rosalieene:

You ended up misinterpreting that verse!! just to justify sin!!! Christians!!!. I just opened my bible and went thru it

So, what's the correct interpretation?
Re: 10 Things The Holy Book Teaches About Fornication by victorazy(m): 10:47am On Dec 13, 2015
Timoleon:

you see, the truth is dat wen people like u ar so determined to win an argument u fail to wait n learn.... genesis 1:26-31

26 And God said, Let us make man in our image, after our likeness: and
let them have dominion over the fish of the sea, and over the fowl of
the air, and over the cattle, and over all the earth, and over every
creeping thing that creepeth upon the earth.

27 So God created man in his own image, in the image of God created
he him; male and female created he them.

28 And God blessed them, and God said unto them, Be fruitful, and
multiply, and replenish the earth, and subdue it: and have dominion
over the fish of the sea, and over the fowl of the air, and over every
living thing that moveth upon the earth.

29 And God said, Behold, I have given you every herb bearing seed,
which is upon the face of all the earth, and every tree, in the which is
the fruit of a tree yielding seed; to you it shall be for meat.

30 And to every beast of the earth, and to every fowl of the air, and to
every thing that creepeth upon the earth, wherein there is life, I have
given every green herb for meat: and it was so.

31 And God saw every thing that he had made, and, behold, it was very
good. And the evening and the morning were the sixth day.

obviously we agree that God created man and woman, after creation, 28 alludes to God blessing 'them', giving 'them' commandments to multiply, subdue and have dominion....after all of these God observed all he had created in 31 as good...and this was supposedly the evning of the sixth day. one question for you, if God created adam on the sixth day, and he gave 'them' commandments to multiply on the evening of the sixth day, when did he create eve?

U quoted everything and yet ........ "Adam and Eve were not agemate" get that into ur skull. Twins are not really agemate. In a day we have 60 second that makes one minute and 60m that makes one hour. In God's eye, 10yrs is like 10minutes get that into ur skull. Am not arguing with u anymore cos is obvious we're not......may the peace of God be with u bro!
Re: 10 Things The Holy Book Teaches About Fornication by Sholah96(m): 10:47am On Dec 13, 2015
sisipelebe:
When you show some guys this list, they will tell you its old school jor .A won omo kekere tin se. My body is the temple of the lord and it's where the holy spirit reside, I don't joke with it at all.

Fvck the body, fvck s3x
Re: 10 Things The Holy Book Teaches About Fornication by Timoleon(m): 10:50am On Dec 13, 2015
victorazy:

U quoted everything and yet ........ "Adam and Eve were not agemate" get that into ur skull. Twins are not really agemate. In a day we have 60 second that makes one minute and 60m that makes one hour. In God's eye, 10yrs is like 10minutes get that into ur skull. Am not arguing with u anymore cos is obvious we're not......may the peace of God be with u bro!

your question is not wether they are age mate..who knows their age sef. u asked me if they were created on the same day i answered yes wit my supposed evidence from the bible. how twins matter take involve? we are done arguing bro. have a good day.
Re: 10 Things The Holy Book Teaches About Fornication by TOPCRUISE(m): 10:51am On Dec 13, 2015
If someone commits no 7, it's not fornication so far the father of the bride agreed on your bride price
Re: 10 Things The Holy Book Teaches About Fornication by Brownzola(m): 10:51am On Dec 13, 2015
If you drink alcohol or not no be for ur benefit? If on the long run God forbid o kidney problem set in I know say u go fit remember one of the reason the Bible says make u stay away from it.
Re: 10 Things The Holy Book Teaches About Fornication by EroticJane(f): 10:52am On Dec 13, 2015
seunmsg:

if you intend to marry her but it becomes sin when you back off.
Re: 10 Things The Holy Book Teaches About Fornication by seunmsg(m): 11:01am On Dec 13, 2015
EroticJane:
if you intend to marry her but it becomes sin when you back off.

We are saying the same thing.
Re: 10 Things The Holy Book Teaches About Fornication by virginboy1(m): 11:11am On Dec 13, 2015
Hard truth. God help youths like me
Re: 10 Things The Holy Book Teaches About Fornication by tonyx4x44(m): 11:12am On Dec 13, 2015
victorazy:

No tasting my brother! If only u know whom u are (precious) son of the most high, most merciful father who can not give His children snake when they ask of fish smiley
"My thought for u is for good nor evil"
He can not give u bad woman cos He loves u, even if the woman is from bad family, the holy spirit in u will arrest her and purify her to ur taste. smiley he maketh water out of rock, manner out from heaven, form pilar of light in witherness, path the sea, turn water to wine, raise the dead, what do u think is ur case? smiley
He suspended the whole world with nothing grin who be u na? Ur case na moi moi.

Okay o but is you get the right one... You can enjoy yourself first as long as you go to her father later
No crime is committed according to the verse
Re: 10 Things The Holy Book Teaches About Fornication by virginboy1(m): 11:16am On Dec 13, 2015
Timoleon:
If God can put two unmarried people in the garden and command them to multiply...whats my excuse for waiting for a priest before i can fvck?
Different Personalities with dynamic mindset are much in nairaland. Lolzzzzzzzz
Re: 10 Things The Holy Book Teaches About Fornication by Nobody: 11:17am On Dec 13, 2015
It is crystal clear. if you like, you adapt and amend ur ways, if you like do your own things in a zigzag ways. The raise of Salvation is still Personal...... thanks to the publisher!! Happy Sunday folks
Re: 10 Things The Holy Book Teaches About Fornication by millionboi(m): 11:24am On Dec 13, 2015
jaymejate:
Nice one. But this kind thing no de reach front page.
NL mods are demonic. Frankly speaking
lol....thy r involvd datz y
Re: 10 Things The Holy Book Teaches About Fornication by Rhebekah(f): 11:32am On Dec 13, 2015
jaymejate:
lol
Re: 10 Things The Holy Book Teaches About Fornication by rosalieene(f): 11:42am On Dec 13, 2015
seunmsg:

So, what's the correct interpretation?

"In d case of an engaged couple who have decided not to marry, if d man feels that he is not acting properly towards d young woman and if his passions are too strong and he feels that they ought to marry, then they should get married as he wants to, so there is no sin in this''
This is the real quotation of 1corinthians 7:36
In summary, if u decide to marry after a long time of seeing each other, but later u feel that wat u are doing to d lady is not good or u really have strong urge.... then go ahead and marry her ASAP!!
Re: 10 Things The Holy Book Teaches About Fornication by dhateeboi(m): 11:57am On Dec 13, 2015
Re: 10 Things The Holy Book Teaches About Fornication by seunmsg(m): 11:59am On Dec 13, 2015
rosalieene:

"In d case of an engaged couple who have decided not to marry, if d man feels that he is not acting properly towards d young woman and if his passions are too strong and he feels that they ought to marry, then they should get married as he wants to, so there is no sin in this''
This is the real quotation of 1corinthians 7:36
In summary, if u decide to marry after a long time of seeing each other, but later u feel that wat u are doing to d lady is not good or u really have strong urge.... then go ahead and marry her ASAP!!

That verse has been seriously watered down by the version of the bible you are using, hence, the misinterpretation you just gave it. Get the KJV and understand better.

Betrothed means engaged. Simply, the verse is saying once you are engaged to a lady, you can have sex with her before marriage if she is matured enough and the man feels like. Afterwards, the guy must marry the lady.
Re: 10 Things The Holy Book Teaches About Fornication by Nobody: 12:01pm On Dec 13, 2015
Mikollon1:
The Holy Book is the white man's manual that's in serious need of a thorough revision to check sexism, racism, tribalism etc. Basically, the book has to be updated to reflect current egalitarian principles.

I can't support a piece of literature that supports Male Genital Mutilation.
that was old testament, different in new testament only that our religious minds continue to do it
Re: 10 Things The Holy Book Teaches About Fornication by Mikollon1(m): 12:03pm On Dec 13, 2015
TolaOluwatosin:
that was old testament, different in new testament only that our religious minds continue to do it

So anything in the Old Testament is invalid?
Re: 10 Things The Holy Book Teaches About Fornication by oforij(m): 12:17pm On Dec 13, 2015
Timoleon:

dont let a pvssy go to waste....give a brother her number.
* cool bad nigga wink
Timoleon:

dont let a pvssy go to waste....give a brother her number.
* cool bad nigga
Re: 10 Things The Holy Book Teaches About Fornication by flokii: 12:44pm On Dec 13, 2015
@OP please go and tell Davido, wizkid, olamide and co. not me
cos they need it more... #peace
Re: 10 Things The Holy Book Teaches About Fornication by younginfopreneur: 12:50pm On Dec 13, 2015
Holamide222:
May God help us to overcome sexual sin

Amen! May God help us. But we too must determine to.
Re: 10 Things The Holy Book Teaches About Fornication by Nobody: 12:57pm On Dec 13, 2015
Addicted2Women:
Who wrote the bible ??
Why did Solomon have about 300 girlfriends he had sex with ??
How many girlfriends did David have ??
Christians will tell you they don't drink alcohol.
What is used in holy Communion ?? Fanta ??
What did Jesus turn water into ?? Coke ??
Why did Jesus tell Timothy to be drinking alcohol in 1 Timothy 5:23 ??

religion is an ideology... like all animals we humans are born, protected and nursed then when older work for our food , reproduce (children). get old and DIE.. Same routine as other animals .

difference is we don't wanna die lol , we wanna believe in the after life when I hear people say eternal fire I wonder which flesh person go use feel d heat or bout 72 virgins for after life which dick d Muslim guy wan use break hymen ?

if there is afterlife then the dogs and mosquitos that die here most probably also waiting for us there too.
Re: 10 Things The Holy Book Teaches About Fornication by calabardick(m): 1:12pm On Dec 13, 2015
jaymejate:

drunken mods on duty!
Re: 10 Things The Holy Book Teaches About Fornication by Phemzeal(f): 1:13pm On Dec 13, 2015
religion is an ideology... like all animals we humans are born, protected and nursed then when older work for our food , reproduce (children). get old and DIE.. Same routine as other animals .

difference is we don't wanna die lol , we wanna believe in the after life when I hear people say eternal fire I wonder which flesh person go use feel d heat or bout 72 virgins for after life which dick d Muslim guy wan use break hymen ?

if there is afterlife then the dogs and mosquitos that die here most probably also waiting for us there too. [/quote]

Are you for ReAl;>?? May God have mercy
Re: 10 Things The Holy Book Teaches About Fornication by Nobody: 1:25pm On Dec 13, 2015
Mikollon1:

So anything in the Old Testament is invalid?
new swallows old, even on. several times God instructed the apostles not to discriminate, in Christ There is nothing like circumcision
Re: 10 Things The Holy Book Teaches About Fornication by Nobody: 1:27pm On Dec 13, 2015
ITbomb:
I believe and live my life on two pillars
Love the Lord your God with all your heart and soul
If you love God, you would not make another god take His place in your heart not even money

Love your neighbor as you love yourself

If you love your neighbor, you would not wish him any wickedness or harm him.

When you take advantage of a girl or man because of your selfish interest (money or sex) , then for me it is a sin

Otherwise............ Take care of whosoever you wish to share your heart with

I studied the life of David and found out one thing, God doesn't really care about the actions, he is more concerned about the intent and motive, that is why it is said, God look at the heart.

That is why Saul was favored in spite of killing early Christians
That is why David destroyed lives and cities but was still a friend of God
That is why Abraham slept with his maid and lied but was still a friend of God.

The basic principle of love is all Christ came to instill in the heart of men not dogmas and chains of doctrines
Love u for that last sentence!
Re: 10 Things The Holy Book Teaches About Fornication by don4real18(m): 1:39pm On Dec 13, 2015
According to the post, The tenth (10) reason supports Sex before marriage
Re: 10 Things The Holy Book Teaches About Fornication by Raplinx(m): 2:08pm On Dec 13, 2015
Timoleon:
If God can put two unmarried people in the garden and command them to multiply...whats my excuse for waiting for a priest before i can fvck?
Amadioha bless u bro!!
Re: 10 Things The Holy Book Teaches About Fornication by nkwachiabel(m): 2:32pm On Dec 13, 2015
It's funny how we are all misinterpreting the bible just to justify the fact that having sex before marriage is right when we all know the truth. Y do we Christians act like we don't respect the bible I wonder how comfortable it is to do that.
BTW the one who said we should forget abt the old testament is wrong. Jesus said he didn't come to tell us to forget abt the old testament, but to amend it. So we still follow some laws in the old testament.
All I can say is may Almighty God guide us and teach us his word.
Peace out!!!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Dele Momodu Writes T.B Joshua An Open Letter / Pastors Asking All Virgins To Step Out. Is It Right? / Should I Pay My Tithe Or Pay My Brother's School Fees?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.