Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,578 members, 7,812,882 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 09:15 PM

NUC Names University Of Ibadan Number 1 In Nigeria – See List Of Top 100 - Education (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / NUC Names University Of Ibadan Number 1 In Nigeria – See List Of Top 100 (55002 Views)

NUC Ranks Ahmadu Bello University No 1 In Nigeria (See Full List) / University Of Ibadan Ranked Best University In Nigeria [see Top 100] / 2016/2017 University of Ibadan Admission Thread Guide. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: NUC Names University Of Ibadan Number 1 In Nigeria – See List Of Top 100 by ibadanfinest(m): 9:47am On Dec 07, 2015
A novice made mention of Ancient building and Ancient calendar as reason why unilag should top UI.

Jaja Hall is the most coveted hall in Unilag, it was built in 197x while no one wants to live in new hall that was built in 1997-2000. Its not about how old it is. In fact the old structure are well planned. Bello. Kuti, tedder mellanby are four major halls better than your jaja hall.

UCH structures are well older than Luth structure, Uch happens to be the most beautiful of the four teaching hospital I have been to. Ubth, Luth, Oauth and uch.

Secondly one novice mention slow calendar, the difference BTW UI and Unilag is not up to two month which is negligible, UI will finish their exam this week, unilag finished her exam early November. So I think its very negligible

2 Likes

Re: NUC Names University Of Ibadan Number 1 In Nigeria – See List Of Top 100 by naturalwaves: 9:47am On Dec 07, 2015
okenne:
@op are u kidding me,that LASU is place ahead of FUTO,FUTA,UNN,UNIZIK,dis is d joke of d century,pls wake up
The list is a hogwash. Do not take it seriously.
Re: NUC Names University Of Ibadan Number 1 In Nigeria – See List Of Top 100 by Nobody: 9:49am On Dec 07, 2015
Strong Esut...
Re: NUC Names University Of Ibadan Number 1 In Nigeria – See List Of Top 100 by ibadanfinest(m): 9:50am On Dec 07, 2015
babyfaceafrica:
what's your faculty?
Fba
Re: NUC Names University Of Ibadan Number 1 In Nigeria – See List Of Top 100 by maxwinno: 9:51am On Dec 07, 2015
I don't care about the list! And a reason person will do the same as well. The fact will still remain that the product is considered. Enugu State University of Science and Technology products are always the best in all ramifications.

We are not ranked at the top but our potential is known. Proudly an Esutite!!!
Re: NUC Names University Of Ibadan Number 1 In Nigeria – See List Of Top 100 by feran15(m): 9:51am On Dec 07, 2015
naturalwaves:

Ye, I do. I follow up on almost all, friends are scattered all over, my family is a mix of a couple of them too. Generally, you can place a couple of them on almost the same standard particularly the top tier ones...UI,IFE,UNILAG etc but I can tell you that 10 is far better than most of these ones in a lot of aspects.

Moreover, disregard this news, it is fake. All these hungry bloggers that just want to catch attention knowing fully well that majority of Nigerians active online are youths and will always want to check out their school's performance..

thanks for this.. what people dont know is that NUC doesn't release annual rankings and the link points to a "ranking" of 2013.

also, all these rankings are exactly the same every single time

please seun lalasticlala please remove this from the front page

and ill advice that you dont post any NUC ranking unless it has a direct link from NUC website or a well established newspaper

1 Like

Re: NUC Names University Of Ibadan Number 1 In Nigeria – See List Of Top 100 by Olume0702(m): 9:52am On Dec 07, 2015
Lasu the school with the best street OT
Re: NUC Names University Of Ibadan Number 1 In Nigeria – See List Of Top 100 by babyfaceafrica: 9:53am On Dec 07, 2015
ibadanfinest:

Fba
ok...its some lazy lecturers that are doing those ish
Re: NUC Names University Of Ibadan Number 1 In Nigeria – See List Of Top 100 by pojophilius(m): 9:54am On Dec 07, 2015
shey na wenger be oau's VC ni,,wetin dem dy do for number4,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,says a student that his school is in 19th,,,omo ladoke,owo loke
Re: NUC Names University Of Ibadan Number 1 In Nigeria – See List Of Top 100 by stankezzy: 9:54am On Dec 07, 2015
TeamSimple:
Ipob youths won't like this.. meanwhile waiting for BUC (biafra university commission) list smiley
there is a big difference between rateing structures , houses , university environment and organizational and rateing
the IQ , ability , brain capacity of the actual people doing the course.
The easthern university may not be too flashy which is one of the major area of rateing because we are not much in government but building no de read ,
EAST academic records which u can Google for your self
1, for 10 yrs now eastern states registers highest bot in jamb and waec
2, for 5 yrs now they always have 70% of the first 100 best result both in jamb and waec
3, for 4 years now anambra in particular have been coming first both in jamb and waec
4, in foreign oil companies where merit applies , especially shevron I have been into , 70% of their engineers are igbos
5, Nigerians that are makeing waves in academics abroad , each year 70% of them will be igbos
6, so where are the people that are rated first by structure, building de read? abi no be human being de read?
7, it is just like saying because isreal have fought many wars and are still fighting , u rate their university low saying it is not organised , but still if u put them in class with u they will still beat u.
The jews are the only people that have got the highest number of Nobel prize in the whole world , weather organized or not weather rated high or not
and igbos are jews.
8, why is it that in rating universities igbo states will be rated low while hausa and yellowbar states will be rated high but in jamb , waec and federal government college cut off for entrance mark that is when they will remember that igbo states are more developed and should have more cut off marks, is it not deception?
just check federal government college cutoff below

1 Like

Re: NUC Names University Of Ibadan Number 1 In Nigeria – See List Of Top 100 by naturalwaves: 9:56am On Dec 07, 2015
1wolex85:

You most likely studied engineering in unaab
No, take a second guess.
Re: NUC Names University Of Ibadan Number 1 In Nigeria – See List Of Top 100 by akatekpe(m): 9:57am On Dec 07, 2015
Tiv people dragging BENUE Backward since the creation of the state.. See the position of Uni Agric and BSU.. sad
Re: NUC Names University Of Ibadan Number 1 In Nigeria – See List Of Top 100 by Izzybaba(m): 10:03am On Dec 07, 2015
@ OP... do you realize yhu are misleading us here.. the list u posted above was 2013 list by NUC.. Maybe yhu should try and click on the link again cuz I checked it myself..
Re: NUC Names University Of Ibadan Number 1 In Nigeria – See List Of Top 100 by goshen26: 10:11am On Dec 07, 2015
WHR is Samuel Adegboyega University?
Re: NUC Names University Of Ibadan Number 1 In Nigeria – See List Of Top 100 by preetyb(f): 10:16am On Dec 07, 2015
This is not fair o, where is national open university?.
Re: NUC Names University Of Ibadan Number 1 In Nigeria – See List Of Top 100 by tudeyzamani: 10:22am On Dec 07, 2015
Federal university dutsinma is no where to be found how?......
Re: NUC Names University Of Ibadan Number 1 In Nigeria – See List Of Top 100 by Nobody: 10:23am On Dec 07, 2015
Alas! My backward Kogi state university moved from last to 85..We are making progress,even if its at the pace of a sick snail.
Re: NUC Names University Of Ibadan Number 1 In Nigeria – See List Of Top 100 by ukelament(m): 10:24am On Dec 07, 2015
NUC have tried.
Re: NUC Names University Of Ibadan Number 1 In Nigeria – See List Of Top 100 by Yaboski: 10:26am On Dec 07, 2015
So wit all dis stress in Ibb uni lapai d did not fall widen 1 to 30 d are still occupying num 69 hammmmm na waaaaa oooooo
Re: NUC Names University Of Ibadan Number 1 In Nigeria – See List Of Top 100 by DJBIGGY(m): 10:27am On Dec 07, 2015
[quote author=lordkay10 post=40755209]The National University Commission (NUC), has released its annual university rankings and named University of Ibadan in Oyo state as the top tertiary institution in Nigeria.

6. University of Ilorin, Unilorin

I remember when this school was number one, the noise the students made was louder than boko haram bomb when they made memes, be intimidating students of other school and be belittling them. Their slogan 'better by far; never rested but i call them 'better my ass' embarassed angry
Re: NUC Names University Of Ibadan Number 1 In Nigeria – See List Of Top 100 by alwelldinho(m): 10:30am On Dec 07, 2015
I no see National Open University of Nigeria (NOUN)
Re: NUC Names University Of Ibadan Number 1 In Nigeria – See List Of Top 100 by magicminister: 10:34am On Dec 07, 2015
Save for covenant university, this list should be re-namedTop 100 mediocre schools lol!!
P.s. I went attened a one of the highly rated federal schools and I wonder the babsis for the ranking.
Could it be I frastructure or quality of education or land mass?? Or brand?

I keep praying for Nigeria to rise up some day.

To the youths-please stop celebrating mediocrity.
It might interest you to know that no Nigerian school is on the top 10000 list.

1 Like

Re: NUC Names University Of Ibadan Number 1 In Nigeria – See List Of Top 100 by Gaucho(m): 10:34am On Dec 07, 2015
Greatest Gba Gba! Greatest Gbo Gbo!! greatest LASUITE!!! 98 Set In The House!!!!!
Re: NUC Names University Of Ibadan Number 1 In Nigeria – See List Of Top 100 by somadinho10: 10:35am On Dec 07, 2015
So national open university is no longer a university in nigeria....I rep noun
Re: NUC Names University Of Ibadan Number 1 In Nigeria – See List Of Top 100 by ClassieDemo(m): 10:35am On Dec 07, 2015
Pls check d source ooo...dat list is 4 2013.......#scam
Re: NUC Names University Of Ibadan Number 1 In Nigeria – See List Of Top 100 by ireneidiva(f): 10:36am On Dec 07, 2015
Kenny619:
UNN 14th! I tire oo! Still no.1 to me sha smiley
Whatever helps you sleep well.
Re: NUC Names University Of Ibadan Number 1 In Nigeria – See List Of Top 100 by spacks(m): 10:37am On Dec 07, 2015
this is not ranking list, it's just how schools were randomly arrange @ nysc batch b15
Re: NUC Names University Of Ibadan Number 1 In Nigeria – See List Of Top 100 by Nobody: 10:40am On Dec 07, 2015
Op The List you posted is superannuated...it is as old as my Volkswagen beetle. stop deceiving people here. try to verify the authenticity of articles before posting them here.
bonus: you will be a very good candidate for testing the new freedom of information gag law on by the lawmakers.
Re: NUC Names University Of Ibadan Number 1 In Nigeria – See List Of Top 100 by dannyben5: 10:41am On Dec 07, 2015
nice seeing 4 universities 4rm edo.#irepedo
Re: NUC Names University Of Ibadan Number 1 In Nigeria – See List Of Top 100 by EverestdeBliu(m): 10:44am On Dec 07, 2015
IBBuL-69...na wa o
Re: NUC Names University Of Ibadan Number 1 In Nigeria – See List Of Top 100 by LordaGuru: 10:46am On Dec 07, 2015
Note Worthy: Covenant University came up among the 1st 13 and the very 1st and best among all Nigerian Private Universities. Kudos to CU.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

JAMB Abolishes UTME Cut-Off Marks / WAEC 2019 Maths Questions And Answers | 2019/2020 WAEC Maths Expo, Runz (runs) / Yabatech 2011/2012 Post Utme Examination/screening Exercise And Admission Detail

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.