Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,628 members, 7,813,069 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 06:20 AM

Atheist: How They Want Heb 11:3 To Read - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Atheist: How They Want Heb 11:3 To Read (4507 Views)

Atheist: How Do You Determine The Head In Your Marriage? / I Am An Atheist, How Will I Escape The Upcoming Ramadan Fasting (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Atheist: How They Want Heb 11:3 To Read by unphilaz(m): 9:21am On Dec 07, 2015
was wondering that if this verse
Hebrews 11:3 says that “By faith we understand that the entire universe was formed at God’s command, that what we now see did not come from anything that can be seen.”

read like this
Hebrews 11:3 says that “By faith we understand that the entire universe .... that what we now see did not come from anything that can be seen.”

Am sure athiest/evolutionist would gladly like Heb 11:3!

what do you think?
Re: Atheist: How They Want Heb 11:3 To Read by ichommy(m): 9:57am On Dec 07, 2015
*Adjust eye Glasses*

Why should i twist a story book for the Hebrews?

Am not Oliver Twist.

Cc johnydon22 hahn cold etc *thinking*

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Atheist: How They Want Heb 11:3 To Read by cold(m): 10:13am On Dec 07, 2015
ichommy:
*Adjust eye Glasses*
Am not Oliver Twist.
He's not making any sense. It's pointless responding

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Atheist: How They Want Heb 11:3 To Read by johnydon22(m): 10:25am On Dec 07, 2015
ichommy:
*Adjust eye Glasses*

Am not Oliver Twist.

The key word is "BY FAITH"

Faith is the act of believing something whether it is true or not. . .It entails insertion of stoic conviction assumed without reason and defended against reason.

The only reason someone need believe something by faith is because there is no other reason to believe it in the first place

I will like to throw out the whole idea of belief or faith, lets try to find things out not believe what ever assumption that comes to mind.

7 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Atheist: How They Want Heb 11:3 To Read by Nobody: 10:50am On Dec 07, 2015
Op, "By faith" you also believe that God exist, Now, faith isn't a tested truth but assumption(s) to fill a vacuum. For instance; If all atheists prove the existence of a new god, all you believers would still stick to your Yahweh God of the bible.

2 Likes

Re: Atheist: How They Want Heb 11:3 To Read by Nobody: 11:54am On Dec 07, 2015
Faith is the absence of knowledge obviously and an answer to nothing. Christianity or the Bible is known for twisting words to benefit themselves. Christianity is boring and lacks depth,that is why the concept called "God" has been misunderstood by many. If we get to understand the true meaning of "God" we will be able to solve the puzzle and understand questions in regards to how mind became matter.

Hebrews 11:3 is a typical example of mind becoming matter. Although the verse was stolen from other book,but it will make sense to the few people who have the actual knowledge and not "faith".

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Atheist: How They Want Heb 11:3 To Read by unphilaz(m): 4:38pm On Dec 07, 2015
^^ grin

ok great thinkers... lets remember i removed this
was formed at God’s command
, and remember science as far as am aware, has disproved the big bang theory and "loosely" holds to its existence from NOTHING... which at best is still ONLY on FAITH ... Do you guys have faith in NOTHING as the universe source? "
Re: Atheist: How They Want Heb 11:3 To Read by unphilaz(m): 3:17pm On Dec 09, 2015
johnydon22:

Faith is the act of believing something whether it is true or not. . .It entails insertion of stoic conviction assumed without reason and defended against reason.

The only reason someone need believe something by faith is because there is no other reason to believe it in the first place

I will like to throw out the whole idea of belief or faith, lets try to find things out not believe what ever assumption that comes to mind.

ok john... do you BY FAITH accept that the universe came from NOTHING which is ascertained by science?
Re: Atheist: How They Want Heb 11:3 To Read by unphilaz(m): 3:19pm On Dec 09, 2015
[s]
aaronson:
Op, "By faith" you also believe that God exist, Now, faith isn't a tested truth but assumption(s) to fill a vacuum. For instance; If all atheists prove the existence of a new god, all you believers would still stick to your Yahweh God of the bible.
[/s]

remove the idea of God from the equation... and do you BY FAITH accept that the universe came to exist from NOTHING?

1 Like

Re: Atheist: How They Want Heb 11:3 To Read by unphilaz(m): 3:20pm On Dec 09, 2015
cold:

He's not making any sense. It's pointless responding

or are you so timid to confront the reality that the universe we see came from NOTHING which you must accept by FAITH!

1 Like

Re: Atheist: How They Want Heb 11:3 To Read by urahara(m): 3:21pm On Dec 09, 2015
unphilaz:
was wondering that if this verse

read like this

Am sure athiest/evolutionist would gladly like Heb 11:3!
what do you think?

Actually that's the way religious minds reason and not atheists
Re: Atheist: How They Want Heb 11:3 To Read by unphilaz(m): 3:23pm On Dec 09, 2015
1feness:
Faith is the absence of knowledge obviously and an answer to nothing.

Hebrews 11:3 is a typical example of mind becoming matter. Although the verse was stolen from other book,but it will make sense to the few people who have the actual knowledge and not "faith".

Just as science have trashed the big bang theory and now confirm that the universe is out of NOTHING... what knowledge can one get from NOTHING?

hmm kindly spew the very book such was stolen from ... thanks
Re: Atheist: How They Want Heb 11:3 To Read by unphilaz(m): 3:25pm On Dec 09, 2015
urahara:

Actually that's the way religious minds reason and not atheists

ok please i need your candid opinion... do you accept that the universe CAME FROM NOTHING?
Re: Atheist: How They Want Heb 11:3 To Read by Nobody: 3:33pm On Dec 09, 2015
unphilaz:
[s][/s]

remove the idea of God from the equation... and do you BY FAITH accept that the universe came to exist from NOTHING?
And also removing faith from your question, Yes I believe the big bang theory because of the tested hypothesis turn fact for man and the universe existence. Again, proof for the big bang is the hot sun, volcano eruption, eclipses of solar system, life, natural gases, matter and anti-matter etc. Now, give me just ONE proof for your God existence?

1 Like

Re: Atheist: How They Want Heb 11:3 To Read by Nobody: 3:37pm On Dec 09, 2015
unphilaz:

Just as science have trashed the big bang theory and now confirm that the universe is out of NOTHING... what knowledge can one get from NOTHING?

The science of today is still looking for answers. The science of the ancient was used to build pyramids, build gigantic monuments, discovered the astrological signs, the same old knowledge that converted thoughts into matter, creation of practical religion like the old African manipulation of energy fields ...

These knowledge went underground and kept in the hands of a few, while fake religion flourish today. Religions that give no form of answers and proofs to knowledge seekers.

Big Bang theory is put in a lame mans language, but yet very complex for people with no knowledge to understand, and this is due to sever brainwash of the mind with organised religion.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Atheist: How They Want Heb 11:3 To Read by unphilaz(m): 4:31pm On Dec 09, 2015
aaronson:
And also removing faith from your question, Yes I believe the big bang theory because of the tested hypothesis turn fact for man and the universe existence. Again, proof for the big bang is the hot sun, volcano eruption, eclipses of solar system, life, natural gases, matter and anti-matter etc. Now, give me just ONE proof for your God existence?

OMG! what is FAITH? WHAT IS BELIEF? No need dude, i deliberately removed the "was formed at God’s command" from Heb 11. dude are you aware that the Big Bang Theory is dropped for NOTHING as the source for the existence of not just the earth you see, but the UNIVERSE as a whole?

This is latest facts you can google it.... You should believe that the UNIVERSE you see came from NOTHING, ask science!
Re: Atheist: How They Want Heb 11:3 To Read by unphilaz(m): 4:35pm On Dec 09, 2015
1feness:

The science of today is still looking for answers. [s]The science of the ancient was used to build pyramids, build gigantic monuments, discovered the astrological signs, the same old knowledge that converted thoughts into matter, creation of practical religion like the old African manipulation of energy fields ...

These knowledge went underground and kept in the hands of a few, while fake religion flourish today. Religions that give no form of answers and proofs to knowledge seekers.

Big Bang theory is put in a lame mans language, but yet very complex for people with no knowledge to understand, and this is due to sever brainwash of the mind with organised religion. [/s]

On the bolded, it has found the answer ... not BIG BANG THEORY but NOTHING ... i repeat NOTHING... whatsoever as the origin of WHAT we see... DO YOU BELIEVE/HAVE FAITH in NOTHING... HOW can you source for knowledge from NOTHING?

And also which ancient/modern book did the hebrew writer "stole" from as you claim above?
Re: Atheist: How They Want Heb 11:3 To Read by Nobody: 4:37pm On Dec 09, 2015
unphilaz:

[s]On the bolded, it has found the answer ... not BIG BANG THEORY but NOTHING ... i repeat NOTHING... whatsoever as the origin of WHAT we see... DO YOU BELIEVE/HAVE FAITH in NOTHING... HOW can you source for knowledge from NOTHING?[/s]

You did not write anything. You made me waste my time only for you to overlook the real info

2 Likes

Re: Atheist: How They Want Heb 11:3 To Read by unphilaz(m): 4:44pm On Dec 09, 2015
1feness:

You did not write anything. You made me waste my time only for you to overlook the real info

nope i did write, you just wasted your time to raise a subject which is not part of the subject matter... hidden knowledge... fake religion... is out of the discourse.

The issue is WHAT we see came from NOTHING... wink wink wink and modern science which we accept has come out and refuted the big bang theory and stated that NOTHING caused what we SEE around us... NOW DO YOU BELIEVE/HAVE FAITH in that?
Re: Atheist: How They Want Heb 11:3 To Read by Nobody: 4:59pm On Dec 09, 2015
unphilaz:

nope i did write, you just wasted your time to raise a subject which is not part of the subject matter... hidden knowledge... fake religion... is out of the discourse.

The issue is WHAT we see came from NOTHING... wink wink wink and modern science which we accept has come out and refuted the big bang theory and stated that NOTHING caused what we SEE around us... NOW DO YOU BELIEVE/HAVE FAITH in that?

I felt it was rude to cross what I wrote.

However I gave you an example of science that predate our kindergarten science today. I personally don't talk about modern day science because it is trying to catch up with the past. My understanding is beyond religion and big bang theory.

If you want to know the esoteric history of the world I could talk about that but not big bang theory which hasn't been fully explained by anyone. I don't faith in anything,I simply do my research.

2 Likes

Re: Atheist: How They Want Heb 11:3 To Read by unphilaz(m): 5:14pm On Dec 09, 2015
1feness:

I felt it was rude to cross what I wrote.

However I gave you an example of science that predate our kindergarten science today. I personally don't talk about modern day science because it is trying to catch up with the past. My understanding is beyond religion and big bang theory.

If you want to know the esoteric history of the world I could talk about that but not big bang theory which hasn't been fully explained by anyone. I don't faith in anything,I simply do my research.

ok if i remove the strike through, will you appreciate it?

And secondly, it seems you are not an atheist but someone that believes in metaphysical like me but on a different plain?

Am not interested in the history of the world but in its unknown origin...
Re: Atheist: How They Want Heb 11:3 To Read by Nobody: 5:23pm On Dec 09, 2015
unphilaz:

OMG! what is FAITH? WHAT IS BELIEF? No need dude, i deliberately removed the "was formed at God’s command" from Heb 11. dude are you aware that the Big Bang Theory is dropped for NOTHING as the source for the existence of not just the earth you see, but the UNIVERSE as a whole?

This is latest facts you can google it.... You should believe that the UNIVERSE you see came from NOTHING, ask science!
what is this one even saying? Get concise with your point. Your point contradicting your conclusion.

The big bang started off as small, minute atomic action and reaction in a form of tennis ball shape then before its expansion till explosion. The NOTHINGNESS of physics which you struggling to understand or lack understanding of is the matter and anti-matter which eventually caused the big bang, grab a book and read or get on the internet and make some researches. Google (matter and anti matter) and learn.
Re: Atheist: How They Want Heb 11:3 To Read by Nobody: 5:58pm On Dec 09, 2015
unphilaz:

ok if i remove the strike through, will you appreciate it?

And secondly, it seems you are not an atheist but someone that believes in metaphysical like me but on a different plain?

Am not interested in the history of the world but in its unknown origin...

When it come to the bible god or any obligation to worship stones,rocks and humans I am an atheist. I have invested a lot of time in studying the Metaphysical ,the planet,unknown origins and related matters. Many of which you will find in religions books...obviously some of them were borrowed into it.

The power of thought is believed to have created everything we see. It is said that we are pure consciousness experiencing life on this planet in an avatar known as our bodies. We humans/animals/planets/stars are the creators and creation,designer and design comprising of an unlimited energy field confused as God. God comprises of everything including planets,humans,animal trees and anything that can be imagined. Basically we are Gods too

The Big bang is the deliberate disintegration of the energy field into smaller particles like planets,stars,animals and everything. They all contain energy and will be involved in continuous creation and re-creation till infinity. Energy in its original form cannot be created nor destroyed but will always change form.

Even right now the effect of The Big Bang(as I explained in the 3rd paragraph) is still taking place in volcanic mountain,pole shifts of the planet,tsunamis and will continue to do so for ever,as long as thoughts permit.

This my understanding,but only a few will find sense in it.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Atheist: How They Want Heb 11:3 To Read by urahara(m): 6:09pm On Dec 09, 2015
unphilaz:

ok please i need your candid opinion... do you accept that the universe CAME FROM NOTHING?

Our whole universe was in a hot dense state and a thousand times smaller than the head of a pin.
Until about 15 billion years ago expansion started.
Re: Atheist: How They Want Heb 11:3 To Read by winner01(m): 10:08pm On Dec 09, 2015
aaronson:

The big bang started off as small, minute atomic action and reaction in a form of tennis ball shape then before its expansion till explosion.
Where did "small, minute atomic action and reaction in a form of tennis ball shape" come from undecided
Re: Atheist: How They Want Heb 11:3 To Read by OgundeleT(m): 10:26pm On Dec 09, 2015
whenever theist dont understand how something happen they will just fill the gap by god did it. now ask them what create the god they will say "nothing". i dont know how one will reject big bang theory bcus u believe nothing cant happen without something but u still believe one god can just exist without anyone creating it

1 Like

Re: Atheist: How They Want Heb 11:3 To Read by winner01(m): 10:58pm On Dec 09, 2015
Nice one op

Re: Atheist: How They Want Heb 11:3 To Read by Nobody: 11:33pm On Dec 09, 2015
winner01:
Where did "small, minute atomic action and reaction in a form of tennis ball shape" come from undecided
Read the post from where you lifted this my point, then you would realize your answer as a matter of fact, Study my post, it would help you a lot because I emphasized the Nothingness that gave rise to your existence today.
Re: Atheist: How They Want Heb 11:3 To Read by KingEbukasBlog(m): 11:42pm On Dec 09, 2015
johnydon22:

Please please . You believe by faith that a creator did not create this universe even though you can't prove life has no creator . By faith without being present to witness the genesis of life you disregard the factual certainty that the universe and biological life were caused by a higher realm .

Logical thinkers indeed

Pfft .

4 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Atheist: How They Want Heb 11:3 To Read by KingEbukasBlog(m): 5:38am On Dec 10, 2015
1feness:

When it come to the bible god or any obligation to worship stones,rocks and humans I am an atheist. I have invested a lot of time in studying the Metaphysical ,the planet,unknown origins and related matters. Many of which you will find in religions books...obviously some of them were borrowed into it.

[size=15pt] The power of thought is believed to have created everything we see. It is said that we are pure consciousness experiencing life on this planet in an avatar known as our bodies. We humans/animals/planets/stars are the creators and creation,designer and design comprising of an unlimited energy field confused as God.[/size]God comprises of everything including planets,humans,animal trees and anything that can be imagined. Basically we are Gods too

The Big bang is the deliberate disintegration of the energy field into smaller particles like planets,stars,animals and everything. They all contain energy and will be involved in continuous creation and re-creation till infinity. Energy in its original form cannot be created nor destroyed but will always change form.

Even right now the effect of The Big Bang(as I explained in the 3rd paragraph) is still taking place in volcanic mountain,pole shifts of the planet,tsunamis and [size=15pt]will continue to do so for ever,as long as thoughts permit. [/size]

This my understanding,but only a few will find sense in it.

You are an embodiment of confusion , a jester indeed .

You claim that thoughts created the universe when only thoughts can proceed from a Mind when given substance . This everlasting conscious entity called God who exists in a higher superior realm gave substance to his thoughts and the universe was born . His thoughts of the universe manifests in the expansion of the universe . An inherent constituent of God - energy - cannot be created or destroyed . God has no beginning or end and He is everywhere . God is conscious energy indeed . God created matter - an intention of his mind - thoughts

5 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Atheist: How They Want Heb 11:3 To Read by KingEbukasBlog(m): 6:22am On Dec 10, 2015
winner01:
Nice one op

nice one bro

Welcome to Atheism 101

Atheist : What is faith

Christian : Faith is the assurance of things hoped for, the conviction of things not seen." This is the biblical definition of faith from Hebrews 11:1

Atheist : Display this faith of yours

Christian : Chelsea HAS WON the Champions League

Atheist : Why do you sound so sure . Its only the group stages

Christian : Its called faith - I have that assurance that Chelsea has won the Champions League . I'm just so sure

Atheist : That's an irrational thought ! You need to mocked and ridiculed for that elusive belief !

(Note that there's a factual certainty that Chelsea can win the Champions League )

Christian : Wow . So what can you say about the beginning of the universe

Atheist : Nothing begat something and made everything . The universe has a cause but its not God

Christian : You sound so sure that this cause is not God - a creator ? Why do you have this assurance that its not God . Isn't that faith ?

Atheist : No Its called rational thinking , intelligence and science .

(Note that there is TOTAL certainty that a creator orchestrated the universe and life on earth ) (Also note that some charlatans being paraded as scientists believe that aliens - higher/superior intelligence - are responsible for life )

Christian :

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Atheist: How They Want Heb 11:3 To Read by KingEbukasBlog(m): 6:33am On Dec 10, 2015
@ifeness - the royal jester , leave me in amusement how matter begot consciousness . I say it comes from an everlasting creator who is conscious , what do you say ?

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Egg Inside Bottle Occult Power Live Demonstration In My Shrine (video) / What If At The End Of It All We Discover Theres No God / How will you celebrate your easter this year?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 64
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.