Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,339 members, 7,811,983 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 04:34 AM

Please Help! My Phone Can't Install App! - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Please Help! My Phone Can't Install App! (2296 Views)

My Phone Can't Receive Incoming Calls / 3 Things The New Nokia 8 Can Do That Your Infinix Or Tecno Phone Can't Do / How Do I Move App Or Install App On SD Card On Samsung Galaxy Grand Prime Plus (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Please Help! My Phone Can't Install App! by itiswello352: 12:11pm On Dec 07, 2015
I'm using a Nokia x2 Android, since yesterday, I've been unable to install app, after download. The install notification doesn't respond. Pease, pundit advice would be appreciated.
Re: Please Help! My Phone Can't Install App! by giftedben: 2:17pm On Dec 07, 2015
If you did not root your device.... format your phone to factory settings.
Re: Please Help! My Phone Can't Install App! by itiswello352: 1:37am On Dec 08, 2015
giftedben:
If you did not root your device.... format your phone to factory settings.

Thanks for the reply! I did a factory reset, it worked and in the process of re-installing my lost apps, it stopped again. Please, how do I root the device and back up my already installed apps. Thanks for your time!
Re: Please Help! My Phone Can't Install App! by giftedben: 2:09am On Dec 08, 2015
itiswello352:

Thanks for the reply! I did a factory reset, it worked and in the process of re-installing my lost apps, it stopped again. Please, how do I root the device and back up my already installed apps. Thanks for your time!

it will be dangerous for you to root the nokia android x2 because Microsoft have discontinued any support for x, xl and x2 but If you insist you can google it and follow site like techmesto.com. For back up download the nokia android x2 pc suite by Googling it
Re: Please Help! My Phone Can't Install App! by itiswello352: 3:24am On Dec 08, 2015
giftedben:

it will be dangerous for you to root the nokia android x2 because Microsoft have discontinued any support for x, xl and x2 but If you insist you can google it and follow site like techmesto.com. For back up download the nokia android x2 pc suite by Googling it
The root stuff seems to be complicated. I'm not an expert on such issues, please, if I should reset to factory setting again, what are the chances that the problem will not re occur? Is it caused by a virus? But then I already installed clean master app. I appreaciate!
Re: Please Help! My Phone Can't Install App! by giftedben: 8:01am On Dec 08, 2015
itiswello352:

The root stuff seems to be complicated. I'm not an expert on such issues, please, if I should reset to factory setting again, what are the chances that the problem will not re occur? Is it caused by a virus? But then I already installed clean master app. I appreaciate!

Looks like you did backup and reset. If so Uncheck the backup before you reset to factory settings. Make sure you are downloading the applications manually that way you are able to select the applications you need. Always make sure you have enough MB before downloading any application. factory reset solves 80% of smartphone problems. i dont think the problem is caused by virus but Lack of storage space to install applications. most android applications like bbm or whatsapp install directly in the phone storage instead of memory card. another problem could be caused by network, any application that exceed 30mb should be downloaded with Wi-Fi connection and always uninstall applications you dont need from your phone. if you normally use flash share to collect applications, after installing the application, always remember to go to the flash share folder in your memory card or phone inbuilt memory and delete unwanted applications you dont need to free up space. Your Phone works better when there is enough storage space/memory and MB. thats all.

1 Like

Re: Please Help! My Phone Can't Install App! by itiswello352: 1:03am On Dec 09, 2015
giftedben:

Looks like you did backup and reset. If so Uncheck the backup before you reset to factory settings. Make sure you are downloading the applications manually that way you are able to select the applications you need. Always make sure you have enough MB before downloading any application. factory reset solves 80% of smartphone problems. i dont think the problem is caused by virus but Lack of storage space to install applications. most android applications like bbm or whatsapp install directly in the phone storage instead of memory card. another problem could be caused by network, any application that exceed 30mb should be downloaded with Wi-Fi connection and always uninstall applications you dont need from your phone. if you normally use flash share to collect applications, after installing the application, always remember to go to the flash share folder in your memory card or phone inbuilt memory and delete unwanted applications you dont need to free up space. Your Phone works better when there is enough storage space/memory and MB. thats all.

Many thanks! I did as instructed and it's working now. I sincerely appreciate your time!
Re: Please Help! My Phone Can't Install App! by giftedben: 6:28am On Dec 09, 2015
itiswello352:

Many thanks! I did as instructed and it's working now. I sincerely appreciate your time!

you are welcome.

(1) (Reply)

Motorola G4 Will Be Getting 7.0 Updates By June Buy It On Jumia For 23k Tomorrow / What's The Best Data Plan I Can use On Mtn Or Glo With 500 Naira? / Is Glo The Worst Network In Nigeria?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.