Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,117 members, 7,811,136 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 02:11 AM

Nairaland Rankings Of Nigerian Universities - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Nairaland Rankings Of Nigerian Universities (4561 Views)

Different Types Of Nigerian Universities Lecturers - (MEME COLLECTION) / 8 Common Academic Related Slangs In Nigerian Universities / How Much Does It Cost To Complete A Masters Degree In Nigerian Universities? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Nairaland Rankings Of Nigerian Universities by fratermathy(m): 8:24pm On Dec 07, 2015
Hello Nairalanders,
Earlier on, I saw a list purportedly released by NUC on the current rankings of various Nigerian Universities. I noticed that alot of people were asking about the criteria used and how NUC arrived at that decision. I have always not been a fan of lists in which criteria are not properly spelt out or polls are not conducted.
In lieu of this, I have decided to establish our very own Nairaland University Rankings, which I am sure Seun will oblige to smiley. This ranking is quite simple and I hope it'll be conducted on an annual basis so that rankings remain updated. However, the method which we will use to arrive at this ranking is quite simple, through a poll/voting! However, this poll will unconventional as everyone will have a say in the issue. The total amount of positive mentions a particular school gets will predetermine its position on the ranking scale. If a school has more positive mentions above others, it'll be deemed to be a candidate for the number 1 position. This is not a popularity contest. Factors such as nature of comments, truism of comments, number of likes comments get, and other varied factors which will be clearly spelt out upon result announcement, will be used. I initially decided to simply list schools and allow for a simple voting but I decided to give voters a say in this issue. This list will be more credible and acceptable if everyone believes they have had a say in how the rankings were made. The individual comments will also be there for posterity. Those who have nothing to say should simply mention the school of their choice.

Here are some ground rules for this poll:
1. Every user is entitled to vote ONCE by commenting! Any other vote/comment or even in reply to a mention is null. Votes made through quotes may be rendered invalid. Users who derail the post will be reported.
2. School names should be clear or abbreviations used. e.g. U.I., UNIUYO, NSUK, SLU, DELSU, etc. To see full list of Nigerian Universities, click here. This list is STRICTLY for UNIVERSITIES. Polytechnics and Colleges of Education shall have their own rankings later.
3. Comments about school should be constructive and positive. This is a voting session, not a session to lambast schools. Feel free to express yourself. There is no need to indicate whether or not the school is your alma mater or your current school as such would render your view subjective. Comments should ideally be like this:

"I am voting for Freemanan Goodboiyy University because the school has a large number of Professors, good infrastructure, high standards, quality programmes such as Masters, etc."

4. Avoid quoting other users when making your own vote. Make your comments original and direct.
5. Attacks on other users and their choices will be reported to moderators
6. Please use simple and correct English. Dont make people wonder about what you've written smiley
7. Votes should be objective. Avoid making it a "my school" thing. Your school may be hard/difficult, well, so is every other school.! Vote right!
8. Schools without a single vote WILL NOT be present in the rankings or will simply be put under "No Votes Category".
9. Votes would be counted by all and at the end, results would be announced. In addition to Nairaland mods, I suggest Freemanan, Jasysandra, Goodboiyy, Thesonofmark and any other interested users to aid in the counting/cross verification of votes cast, votes nulled and invalid votes when it is all over.
10. The results will be counted, analysed and released as "OUR VERY OWN UNIVERSITY RANKINGS"! The process will be credible, open and accessible to all and the criteria will be available via user's comments. smiley. I hope this post will not be locked for result announcement but if it is locked, results may be accessed via the first comment which will be edited.

This voting session is expected to run from now till Friday, 11th December 2015. Results will be announced Saturday, 12th December 2015.
All questions/comments/issues should be addressed to "Mathias Orhero<literarymathy@gmail.com>"

2 Likes

Re: Nairaland Rankings Of Nigerian Universities by fratermathy(m): 8:24pm On Dec 07, 2015
Results and analysis will be announced here on Saturday, 12th December 2015.
Re: Nairaland Rankings Of Nigerian Universities by fratermathy(m): 8:25pm On Dec 07, 2015
It'll be appreciated if this reaches its proper audience for a wider range of votes. Authenticity is in numbers. smiley

CC:
@seun
@Prof800
@UjSizzle
@Afam4eva
@Ikenna351
@OAM4J
@maclatunji
@Ngwakwe
@Lalasticlala
@Mynd44
@Obinoscopy
@mkmyers45
@Mukina2
@farano
@Goodboiyy
@Barcanista
@TonyeBarcanista
@Ishilove
@ferano
@farani
@pascal09
@enusmith
@naijacutee
@puskin
@Iceberylin
@Englishmart
@Tosyne2much
@Samflexxy
@Prettyjo
@Samflexxy
@Unibenstudent
@Tonychristopher
@Freemanan
@Wonder1844
@Gmacnoms
@LKO
@Freeemanan

Jarus, Sagamite, obiagelli, beremx, cramjones, ceo4eva, whitetechnology, Ola6, Rossike, truckpusher, collynzo23, theassassin, jmaine, idumuose, Sunnybobo3, joehannibal, BlackTechnology, LeOstrich, OLADD, biafranqueen, Jmaine, Jamace, Atlwireles, Anonimi, Sunnybobo, Customized13, Opiaoku, Petrov10, gramci, Taharqa, Iamodenigbo, Arysexy, Descartes, Gh0stFreak, Shizzlestar, ujoinme, rozayx5, omenka, egift, caseless, ngeneukwenu, cleverly, Obiagelli, Berem, Iligunboy, ilungunboy, Donphilopus, Keneking, Mogidi, Barcarnista, Obiagelli, Demdem, GenBuhari, Kelsoft, Donphilopus, Koboko69, Arresa, Caseless, Gbawe, michaelsokoto, gbawe, abagworo, OrlandoOwoh, jomoh, Arewafederation, Soroptimist, Pendy79, Neenar, Desola, mizmycoli, Horus, Whitecat007, Lakpalakpa, ShehuAba, Rawani, Tribaleast, Olaaderin, Nduchucks, Lacasa, Omerta, Ilugunboy, Naptu2, Aussie, Joseph1013, Olayinka8793, MalcoImX, PassingShot, mayoroflagos, shymexx, chukwudi44, wombraiders, mudraker, bishopjuice, ghostfacekiller, chiefjusticefuk. firefire, datolee, bloodykiller, ichidodo, ratiken, dozzybaba, phockphockman, longeria, anonimi, aljharem, aryzgreat, publisher, brownlord, iconize, rigarmortis, Descartes, Ikenna351, Afam4eva, maclatunji, Ngwakwe, OAM4J, pointb, pazienza, OKDNigeria, stebell, brokenTV, longeria, rozayx5, IKJ66, swtdrms, ilugunboy, Mogidi, Elslim, bitterleafsoup, Descartes, Kenai, Flets Severussnape, whynotthetruth, Arizona123, Ozaokpe, Dearpreye, megawax8, cyberwolf, modath, exxell, bishopmagic, erunz, IsrealiAirforce, lovat, nigerianvenom, Allosaurus, Cyberdurable Illiad
Re: Nairaland Rankings Of Nigerian Universities by Nobody: 8:25pm On Dec 07, 2015
The best higher institution to my knowledge is...

UNIVERSITY OF IBADAN. (UI).

Apart from being the closest thing we have to a state of the art curriculum, the university goes outside the norms of classroom lectures in delivering quality education. It has the finest accommodation system and the best graduating students in Nigeria mostly come from here...

The school is beyond the regular Nigerian education farce... Its massive....

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Nairaland Rankings Of Nigerian Universities by moscobabs(m): 8:30pm On Dec 07, 2015
Freemanan:
Hmmmm
so what about Nigeria Polytechnics??
are they not better than the so called Universities?
before u quote......I have both BSC and HND plus ND o
Re: Nairaland Rankings Of Nigerian Universities by fratermathy(m): 8:32pm On Dec 07, 2015
moscobabs:

so what about Nigeria Polytechnics??

are they not better than the so called Universities?

before u quote......I have both BSC and HND plus ND o

Please sir, read my post again. I said Polytechnic and College of Education listings will come later.
Re: Nairaland Rankings Of Nigerian Universities by adedayourt(m): 8:32pm On Dec 07, 2015
SPACE BOOKING
Re: Nairaland Rankings Of Nigerian Universities by moscobabs(m): 8:32pm On Dec 07, 2015
fratermathy:
It'll be appreciated if this reaches its proper audience for a wider range of votes. Authenticity is in numbers. smiley

CC:
@seun
@Prof800
@UjSizzle
@Afam4eva
@Ikenna351
@OAM4J
@maclatunji
@Ngwakwe
@Lalasticlala
@Mynd44
@Obinoscopy
@mkmyers45
@Mukina2
@farano
@Goodboiyy
@Barcanista
@TonyeBarcanista
@Ishilove
@ferano
@farani
@pascal09
@enusmith
@naijacutee
@puskin
@Iceberylin
@Englishmart
@Tosyne2much
@Samflexxy
@Prettyjo
@Samflexxy
@Unibenstudent
@Tonychristopher
@Freemanan
@Wonder1844
@Gmacnoms
@LKO
@Freeemanan

Jarus, Sagamite, obiagelli, beremx, cramjones, ceo4eva, whitetechnology, Ola6, Rossike, truckpusher, collynzo23, theassassin, jmaine, idumuose, Sunnybobo3, joehannibal, BlackTechnology, LeOstrich, OLADD, biafranqueen, Jmaine, Jamace, Atlwireles, Anonimi, Sunnybobo, Customized13, Opiaoku, Petrov10, gramci, Taharqa, Iamodenigbo, Arysexy, Descartes, Gh0stFreak, Shizzlestar, ujoinme, rozayx5, omenka, egift, caseless, ngeneukwenu, cleverly, Obiagelli, Berem, Iligunboy, ilungunboy, Donphilopus, Keneking, Mogidi, Barcarnista, Obiagelli, Demdem, GenBuhari, Kelsoft, Donphilopus, Koboko69, Arresa, Caseless, Gbawe, michaelsokoto, gbawe, abagworo, OrlandoOwoh, jomoh, Arewafederation, Soroptimist, Pendy79, Neenar, Desola, mizmycoli, Horus, Whitecat007, Lakpalakpa, ShehuAba, Rawani, Tribaleast, Olaaderin, Nduchucks, Lacasa, Omerta, Ilugunboy, Naptu2, Aussie, Joseph1013, Olayinka8793, MalcoImX, PassingShot, mayoroflagos, shymexx, chukwudi44, wombraiders, mudraker, bishopjuice, ghostfacekiller, chiefjusticefuk. firefire, datolee, bloodykiller, ichidodo, ratiken, dozzybaba, phockphockman, longeria, anonimi, aljharem, aryzgreat, publisher, brownlord, iconize, rigarmortis, Descartes, Ikenna351, Afam4eva, maclatunji, Ngwakwe, OAM4J, pointb, pazienza, OKDNigeria, stebell, brokenTV, longeria, rozayx5, IKJ66, swtdrms, ilugunboy, Mogidi, Elslim, bitterleafsoup, Descartes, Kenai, Flets Severussnape, whynotthetruth, Arizona123, Ozaokpe, Dearpreye, megawax8, cyberwolf, modath, exxell, bishopmagic, erunz, IsrealiAirforce, lovat, nigerianvenom, Allosaurus, Cyberdurable Illiad
and u have to mention all Naira land members just to make front page?

lalasticlala is enough
Re: Nairaland Rankings Of Nigerian Universities by fratermathy(m): 8:34pm On Dec 07, 2015
moscobabs:

and u have to mention all Naira land members just to make front page?

lalasticlala is enough
Everyone is mentioned to VOTE! Something which you have clearly not done. angry
Re: Nairaland Rankings Of Nigerian Universities by moscobabs(m): 8:35pm On Dec 07, 2015
fratermathy:

Please sir, read my post again. I said Polytechnic and College of Education listings will come later.
sorry for that
Re: Nairaland Rankings Of Nigerian Universities by godofwar666(m): 8:36pm On Dec 07, 2015
University of Port Harcourt all the way!!!

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Nairaland Rankings Of Nigerian Universities by FREEEMANAN(m): 8:37pm On Dec 07, 2015
UNILORIN....

It has the best timing and it is a practical base institution. It you both the skills of sound education and the skills you need to conquer the world after graduation. I am a testimony....

Better by far....

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Nairaland Rankings Of Nigerian Universities by Nobody: 8:44pm On Dec 07, 2015
Futminna all the way one of or the best in technology #futminna

3 Likes

Re: Nairaland Rankings Of Nigerian Universities by jasysandra(f): 8:57pm On Dec 07, 2015
University of Uyo grin

3 Likes

Re: Nairaland Rankings Of Nigerian Universities by silentxplore: 8:59pm On Dec 07, 2015
This may end up being one of the biggest comedy shows to watch out for. Don't you think sentiments would influence what most vote outcome will be? How would you arrive at the rankings at the end? Don't you know an institution may currently have more registered members than the others on nairaland. Don't you know that NUC knows the schools who have almost/all have their courses accredited, Their lecturers strength and capacity ,how equipped labs and workshops are, and the universities research output and intellectual export. May be you want to do a popularity poll.

1 Like

Re: Nairaland Rankings Of Nigerian Universities by tonychristopher: 9:04pm On Dec 07, 2015
fratermathy:

CC:
@seun
@Prof800
@UjSizzle
@Afam4eva
@Ikenna351
@OAM4J
@maclatunji
@Ngwakwe
@Lalasticlala
@Mynd44
@Obinoscopy
@mkmyers45
@Mukina2
@farano
@Goodboiyy
@Barcanista
@TonyeBarcanista
@Ishilove
@ferano
@farani
@pascal09
@enusmith
@naijacutee
@puskin
@Iceberylin
@Englishmart
@Tosyne2much
@Samflexxy
@Prettyjo
@Samflexxy
@Unibenstudent
@Tonychristopher
@Freemanan
@Wonder1844
@Gmacnoms
@LKO
@Freeemanan

Would look into this thread later. Had a busy day at work

1 Like

Re: Nairaland Rankings Of Nigerian Universities by fratermathy(m): 9:05pm On Dec 07, 2015
silentxplore:
this may end up being one of the biggest joke to watch out for. Don't you think sentiments would influence what most vote will be. How would you arrive at the rankings at the end. Don't you know an institution may currently have more registered members than the others. Don'tt you know that NUC knows the schools who have almost/all have their courses accredited, lecturers capacity ,how equipped labs and workshops are, and the universities research output. May be you want to do a popularity poll.

Your points are exactly why comments are allowed. Not every vote will be valid.*. Again, votes also ONLY predeterminers. The nature of comments made will be categorised against number of votes and something objective shall come out of it. Just because everyone shouts a particular school does not mean the school will win. Even the number of likes a person's comment about a school gets shall be considered. I thought about that before now.

Besides, this ranking is for us ONLY. It is not intended for official usage. I hope you understand that.?
Re: Nairaland Rankings Of Nigerian Universities by icewinz(m): 9:37pm On Dec 07, 2015
[/size][size=8pt] i vote for american university of nigeria (AUN).

1 Like

Re: Nairaland Rankings Of Nigerian Universities by Godsgal(f): 9:41pm On Dec 07, 2015
UNIUYO.
This citadel of learning may not av d most gigantic structures but even in its humble state, its academic standard is of a high regard.
A university where ur 2.1 can be equated 2 d 1st class of students of other schs. A sch. where students are left wit no oda choice dan 2 be studious cos sorting & bribery is not an option.
A school where cultism,chaos & occultic practices are unheard of.
A sch. dat has succeeded in grooming decent men & women who are socially responsible in both character & in learning

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Nairaland Rankings Of Nigerian Universities by lekwas: 9:43pm On Dec 07, 2015
University of Ibadan - The Premier University

The old tradition of innovative and rigorous academic excellence is still upheld.
Recte Sapere Fons (to think straight is the fount of knowledge)

4 Likes

Re: Nairaland Rankings Of Nigerian Universities by flokii: 9:47pm On Dec 07, 2015
@OP are you educated atal?
you think rating is done by just any riffraff abi?..
think bfor you create threads next time...
Re: Nairaland Rankings Of Nigerian Universities by fratermathy(m): 9:59pm On Dec 07, 2015
flokii:
@OP are you educated atal?

you think rating is done by just any riffraff abi?..

think bfor you create threads next time...

You must be so special that everyone here in Nairaland is a "riff-raff".

Thats an elitist thing to say. Better retract that statement and become an observer as I am sure many who think otherwise about this thread are.

Mind you, I do not believe you are more educated or even knowledgeable than I am. This statement is in response to your invective question.

1 Like

Re: Nairaland Rankings Of Nigerian Universities by flokii: 10:04pm On Dec 07, 2015
fratermathy:

You must be so special that everyone here in Nairaland is a "riff-raff".

This is the problem I had with the NUC ranking! Too elitist!

Well, THANK YOU for reminding us all again!

hahhahhha... oga titus

no koba me na.... didn't use d 'riffraff' to qualify NLanders..

what I meant was... rating is based on some criterias and is mostly done by professors... else anyone could come up with a list based on his/her opinions..

need I explain myself more??
Re: Nairaland Rankings Of Nigerian Universities by fratermathy(m): 10:14pm On Dec 07, 2015
flokii:

hahhahhha... oga titus

no koba me na.... didn't use d 'riffraff' to qualify NLanders..

what I meant was... rating is based on some criterias and is mostly done by professors... else anyone could come up with a list based on his/her opinions..

need I explain myself more??

That is the whole concept bro. I want everyone to come and have a say. When only Professors do it, it is good but most people really dont get it. It's not as if the result will be far from what obtains in standard rankings but that atleast, we will know how they got there.

Need I remind you that this our ranking is just for us and not intended for official use?
Re: Nairaland Rankings Of Nigerian Universities by flokii: 10:26pm On Dec 07, 2015
fratermathy:

That is the whole concept bro. I want everyone to come and have a say. When only Professors do it, it is good but most people really dont get it. It's not as if the result will be far from what obtains in standard rankings but that atleast, we will know how they got there.

Need I remind you that this our ranking is just for us and not intended for official use?

True!.. not official

but then is there a need to stress NLanders with all that's going on in Nigeria now...

you could just select the first 10 or 20 and consider them good schools.. cos at d end of the day sef. Skol doesn't count that much as it won't guarantee you job

anywhere you find ursef... try to finish with good grades and ask God for 'Alubarika' cos that's all that count at d end.
Re: Nairaland Rankings Of Nigerian Universities by fratermathy(m): 10:47pm On Dec 07, 2015
flokii:

True!.. not official

but then is there a need to stress NLanders with all that's going on in Nigeria now...

you could just select the first 10 or 20 and consider them good schools.. cos at d end of the day sef. Skol doesn't count that much as it won't guarantee you job

anywhere you find ursef... try to finish with good grades and ask God for 'Alubarika' cos that's all that count at d end.

Take a chill pill man. This is just for fun. Dont make it look so serious when it's not. Be cool man. cool. Your school will be mentioned.
Re: Nairaland Rankings Of Nigerian Universities by Jhosh(m): 10:52pm On Dec 07, 2015
Stupid list piled up by a stupid fellow#

Ao uyo go first oau ? All bcuz pics about oau bad hostels don surface ..#na hostel dey determine sku wey good?

1 Like

Re: Nairaland Rankings Of Nigerian Universities by Godsgal(f): 10:52pm On Dec 07, 2015
flokii:

True!.. not official

in as much as u're right. Don't u think ur 'concerns' are unnecessary. Y cry more dan d bereaved? I am sure no Nlander came complainin 2 u of how stressd they are over these. Mayb u need 2 b reminded dat d whole essence 4 dis is fun. So, mister, kindly drop d philosophy
Re: Nairaland Rankings Of Nigerian Universities by flokii: 10:53pm On Dec 07, 2015
fratermathy:

Take a chill pill man. This is just for fun. Dont make it look so serious when it's not. Be cool man. cool. Your school will be mentioned.

lol... ok then

lemme vote... I chose my skol as number 1 in Nigeria

University of first choice & Nation's pride... Uni swagg, Uni fweshh, Uni of lifeee

m proud to be an Akokite..
Re: Nairaland Rankings Of Nigerian Universities by flokii: 10:55pm On Dec 07, 2015
Godsgal:
in as much as u're right. Don't u think ur 'concerns' are unnecessary. Y cry more dan d bereaved? I am sure no Nlander came complainin 2 u of how stressd they are over these. Mayb u need 2 b reminded dat d whole essence 4 dis is fun. So, mister, kindly drop d philosophy

done that already sir.... no vex
Re: Nairaland Rankings Of Nigerian Universities by fratermathy(m): 10:58pm On Dec 07, 2015
Jhosh:
Stupid list piled up by a stupid fellow#

Ao uyo go first oau ? All bcuz pics about oau bad hostels don surface ..#na hostel dey determine sku wey good?

Oau 11'

Please read the initial post again! Nobody is ranking any school before another. Maybe who posted UNIUYO posted before you did. So please remove that initial part of your comment and leave the part where you vote! wink
Re: Nairaland Rankings Of Nigerian Universities by dotexxxy(m): 11:53pm On Dec 07, 2015
University of Ilorin

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Meet OAU Department Of Nursing Best Graduating Student / Unical Admission List Out / ASUU Set Date For Indefinite Strike Commencement

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 65
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.