Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,677 members, 7,813,258 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 09:43 AM

Nairaland Rankings Of Nigerian Universities - Education (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Nairaland Rankings Of Nigerian Universities (4562 Views)

Different Types Of Nigerian Universities Lecturers - (MEME COLLECTION) / 8 Common Academic Related Slangs In Nigerian Universities / How Much Does It Cost To Complete A Masters Degree In Nigerian Universities? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nairaland Rankings Of Nigerian Universities by Halb: 12:58pm On Dec 10, 2015
UI-THE FIRST AND THE BEST.UI is like the Havard university of Nigeria.It serene and peaceful academic evironment stands out from the rest,not to talk of its transparency and academic excellence.I REP UI All the way.
Re: Nairaland Rankings Of Nigerian Universities by Grandest(m): 1:48pm On Dec 10, 2015
MadCow1:

Lol..

I was not trying to cut any Ice with you metaphorically speaking. The thread is about Nigerian Universities and since my Alma Mata isn't Nigerian, I see no need to share that information with you.

Thanks.

Hope this post was civil enough for you and did not offend your sensibility.

UNIBEN however is still a shit school.
Hmm! Keep deluding yourself. I can hazard a guess that you attended one "mushroom" school in Benin or Ghana, and you're boasting you didn't study in Nigeria. Well, with the little knowledge I have about emotional intelligence, I can deduce that you have no sense of belonging, pride or dignity towards your school. Ask anybody who studied in Harvard, Cambridge or even Legon, on where they graduated from. I'm very sure that without any iota of equivocation, they would make no bones about it to let you know where they studied. That's the sense of pride we are talking about. Mr madcow, your school is not considered in the scheme of things. If at all your school is anything to write home about, I bet you wouldn' hesitate to mention it. If you can't tell me then good riddance to you. Just so you know, believe it or not, UniBen still remains one of the best universities in Nigeria.
Re: Nairaland Rankings Of Nigerian Universities by Drdonzeez(m): 3:00pm On Dec 10, 2015
Halb:
UI-THE FIRST AND THE BEST.UI is like the Havard university of Nigeria.It serene and peaceful academic evironment stands out from the rest,not to talk of its transparency and academic excellence.I REP UI All the way.
I represent the Great university of Benin.SIMPLY DA BEST!
Re: Nairaland Rankings Of Nigerian Universities by MadCow1: 3:31pm On Dec 10, 2015
Grandest:
Hmm! Keep deluding yourself. I can hazard a guess that you attended one "mushroom" school in Benin or Ghana, and you're boasting you didn't study in Nigeria.

Is this inferiority complex I sense? It was not me boasting.

The Thread is about Nigerian Universities, I didn't attend a Nigerian University. Now you are calling it 'Boasting'. grin

Just so you know, there is currently no Nigerian University ranked higher than my Alma Mata in Africa. grin So your 'harzarded' guess is a miss.

Grandest:
Well, with the little knowledge I have about emotional intelligence, I can deduce that you have no sense of belonging, pride or dignity towards your school. Ask anybody who studied in Harvard, Cambridge or even Legon, on where they graduated from. I'm very sure that without any iota of equivocation, they would make no bones about it to let you know where they studied.

I am sure of that as well. That may however be also partly due to superiority complex of sorts.

However, in this case, I just don't want to tell you. Not because I am ashamed of my Alma mata (hells, there is nothing to be ashamed of especially when they are ranked in the top 20 category in Africa), I just don't want to tell you.

However, if you are that curious to know, feel free to research my post history. I am certain I have name dropped my Alma Mata on Nairaland before. cool

Grandest:
That's the sense of pride we are talking about. Mr madcow, your school is not considered in the scheme of things. If at all your school is anything to write home about, I bet you wouldn' hesitate to mention it. If you can't tell me then good riddance to you. Just so you know, believe it or not, UniBen still remains one of the best universities in Nigeria.

COVENANT UNIVERSITY IS CURRENTLY RANKED HIGHER THAN UNIBEN.. Take a Minute to meditate on that my friend. grin grin grin grin

On a side Note:: I must say your literary skills are very impressive. You write well, don't use all those annoying short texts & your vocabulary is very good.

I am just surprised you are an Alumni of UNIBEN. undecided You must be a little genius.

Take it easy my friend, Its been nice riling you up. cool
Re: Nairaland Rankings Of Nigerian Universities by Grandest(m): 6:40pm On Dec 10, 2015
MadCow1:

The Thread is about Nigerian Universities, I didn't attend a Nigerian University. Now you are calling it 'Boasting'. grin

Just so you know, there is currently no Nigerian University ranked higher than my Alma Mata in Africa. grin So your 'harzarded' guess is a miss.

I am sure of that as well. That may however be also partly due to superiority complex of sorts.

However, in this case, I just don't want to tell you. Not because I am ashamed of my Alma mata (hells, there is nothing to be ashamed of especially when they are ranked in the top 20 category in Africa), I just don't want to tell you.

However, if you are that curious to know, feel free to research my post history. I am certain I have name dropped my Alma Mata on Nairaland before. cool

COVENANT UNIVERSITY IS CURRENTLY RANKED HIGHER THAN UNIBEN.. Take a Minute to meditate on that my friend. grin grin grin grin

On a side Note:: I must say your literary skills are very impressive. You write well, don't use all those annoying short texts & your vocabulary is very good.

I am just surprised you are an Alumni of UNIBEN. undecided You must be a little genius.

Lol. You pulled a fast one on me there. Hmm! I'm blushing, save me bro. I'm still an undergraduate student and not an alumnus yet. Genius? I can't breathe. I'm just your humble home-boy.
It's also impressive to know you stopped being severely critical of Uniben. I never knew you could be so soft-spoken and amiable. In fact, in guiness mode, let's meet at the table of men this christmas. Sorry to burst your bubble: don't allow your imagination run away with you, I'm a complete teetotaller--- I don't drink alcohol.
On a more serious note, the bottom line is one can decide to chart a better course for his destiny irrespective of where he finds himself, Harvard, OAU, Sao Tome, Uniben, Covenant or in your words "poop university" and what have you. Success is personal. I'm a product of my own personal study though I won't discountenance the positive effects of stuudying in Uniben. Obviously Uniben's impact on me is not to be sniffed at. Uniben is a federal government asset and not my father's. I can huff and puff, take up the cudgel in support of my school, all in a bid to put my school in good light. Be that as it may, it doesn't add any worthwhile thing to my CV. Attending the Unibens, UIs, Unilags, MITs, Yales, covenants of this world doesn't necessarily guarantee success though it gives you an edge over others. It would definitely boil down to your personal accomplishments in the long run. That's just my two cents worth.
Boss, It's nice chatting with you. I wish you a merry christmas and a prosperous new year.
Your moniker sounds ridiculous though. No pun intended. Just kidding. With benefit of hindsight, the 2015 current ranking by 4icu placed Covenant ahead of UI, UNIBEN, UNILORIN, ABU, UNN. Are you kidding me? You can by no stretch of the imagination rank Covenant ahead of these schools. No hard feelings boss. Penny for your thoughts?
Cheers!

1 Like

Re: Nairaland Rankings Of Nigerian Universities by Nobody: 6:52am On Dec 11, 2015
MadCow1:

calling texazzpete and cheta to out-troll madcow and bring the pride back to uniben! cheesy cheesy

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Picture Of Police Officer Who Shot 400L UNIBEN Student Surfaces Online (Photos) / If You Have Been Advised To Withdraw From Unilorin Read This / ASUU Set Date For Indefinite Strike Commencement

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.