Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,150 members, 7,818,465 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 04:22 PM

Please Help - Family (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Please Help (14871 Views)

(2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Please Help by elisabet51(f): 3:53pm On Sep 13, 2012
You don't get it kobojunkie don't u?
Re: Please Help by Kobojunkie: 4:04pm On Sep 13, 2012
I am trying to get you to explain it to me. It has been over 3 years since you created this thread. Why haven't you picked up the pieces of your life and moved on?

2 Likes

Re: Please Help by elisabet51(f): 5:09pm On Sep 13, 2012
i just explained that to you....I AM NOT OBSESSED~WITH OKOLI NOR DO I WANT HIM BACK.....I already moved on with that long time ago.....I want back what he took from me and its not that easy.
Re: Please Help by Nobody: 6:47pm On Sep 13, 2012
Sweety, you will never get your money back. He and his family have used your money to make a better life in Nigeria. He deceived you and others. He has no remorse. His moral compass is different than yours due to his life circumstances from birth. It's not right, but you have to realize that he felt he had to do whatever it took to make a living. In a place where it's survival of the fittest (in some areas) you do what you have to in order to make it. "The spider that knows what it will gain sits waiting patiently in its web." He may have even rationalized that you would be ok due to your ethnicity and country of residence. In his mind, it was only fair for him to take his share of the pie in order to survive. Then again, he may just be a greedy and evil man. Mr. Okoli is sitting in Nigeria with his "real" wife and children attending naming ceremonies and eating ebu. sad There is nothing you can do, except forgive and pray that God will release you from your unhappiness. Make a resolution to move on with your life. If you are in debt, file for bankruptcy and start over. This situation has taken over your life completely.
Re: Please Help by 2mch(m): 3:58am On Sep 14, 2012
Please, keep on fighting. You have every right to. Don't let anyone tell you to forget and move on. You didn't steal the money but worked hard for it. Every day for the thief. One day, he will pay up. When we keep shielding or forgiving these people, they get bolder. Poverty is not an excuse to try to take someone's life by ripping them off. I wish you success as you continue your journey. Goodluck.

1 Like

Re: Please Help by Kobojunkie: 4:24am On Sep 14, 2012
elisabet51: i just explained that to you....I AM NOT OBSESSED~WITH OKOLI NOR DO I WANT HIM BACK.....I already moved on with that long time ago.....I want back what he took from me and its not that easy.

I see what you have above, but I just don't get how you can say that when you initially said this . . .
elisabet51: I can't Kobojunkie. I don't want to stay married to Okoli besides that ive lost everything.I am deep in debt because of him and can't get out of it. I'll keep fighting it till its done. But thank you anyway for ur commend. I appreciate it.

Justice in Nigeria is probably not going to come for 10 or more years. If you have moved on, you should know by now that you can definitely get out of debt like millions before you have, even as you continue to fight for true justice(not revenge). You telling us that everything is because of this man and you had no part of some kind(you did not make yourself gullible for him) leads me to doubt your claim that you are not obsessed. The man has moved on . . it just seems that under the guise of fighting for justice you are still blaming him for it all and refusing to let go and let the system work, when it eventually will.

You say you are in debt, and I understand millions in America are too. But I hope you are not hoping that something magical will happen and somehow he will pay it all off for you. The man is obviously a deadbeat of some kind and may never show up to rescue you from the deep debt. It has been years, how much have you tried to clear it up since it is in your name after-all.
Re: Please Help by Nobody: 4:45am On Sep 14, 2012
2mch: Poverty is not an excuse to try to take someone's life by ripping them off.
I never said poverty was an excuse for ripping someone off. I was trying to explain his possible mindset. By her own admission, the poor woman has been obsessing over the misdeeds of her ex husband since 2006. She is stuck emotionally and robbing herself of happiness. Even if she decides to continue pursuing legal justice, she is still emotionally damaged. Her ex has become a crutch for all her financial failures since 2006. How much longer will she rob herself of life by pursuing a ghost. She is in the US and he is in Nigeria. Can she fly to Nigeria? Can she live in Nigeria while pursuing this case? Can she hire a solicitor that she can trust to represent in Nigeria while she resides in the US? The answer to all these questions is resounding NO due to her financial status. It's a shame how he tricked her, but you know that her chances of recovering her money is almost NIL.

@OP I'm so sorry this happened to you, but please move on with your life. With or without the money, you deserve to be happy. I pray that you do not fall into the hands of other scammers that see your desperation. Blessings. cry
Re: Please Help by elisabet51(f): 12:43pm On Sep 14, 2012
Thank you 2Much I will keep on fighting. Nobody can talk me out of this.And once again I am not obsessed with Okoli.I want justice and him in jail.Want to move on in life, being happy and be able to breathe again. If I allow Okoli to get away with this there will be no hope for other people in similar situation. Okoli has family and friends here in the states and he is watching me. If I give up there will be no end to it.
Re: Please Help by sweetcheecks(f): 12:10am On Sep 17, 2012
@Mods.
PLEASE LET ME KNOW WHY MY POST WAS HIDDEN AND WAS BANNED FOR THE 1ST TIME NL?
I know I will never and have never used vulgar language or insults. That post had nothing rude. Please
@T-girl &Nike? Just make me understand? Arent we suppose to advise the Op? And give ideas?

I am very dissapointed ladies!!!
Re: Please Help by sweetcheecks(f): 12:43am On Sep 17, 2012
@At Op, I think its all for the better i will send you an email and advise on the side.

Keep strong!
Re: Please Help by elisabet51(f): 12:44pm On Sep 17, 2012
Thank u poster
Re: Please Help by tyusuffa: 1:00pm On Sep 28, 2012
Kobojunkie, what is really your interest here? We are saying pple should comdemn immoralities in its entirety and u`re nursing a hidden agenda here. Any skeleton in your cupboard? It`s no ones business whether or not she had forged ahead with her life or not. It`s personal and not anybody`s business. Lots of pple have advised dat in the past to her. Why are you overflogging these issues? I`m a bit concerned about your nagging and continous insistence. If u know what dat means.

1 Like

Re: Please Help by elisabet51(f): 1:13pm On Sep 28, 2012
And Tyusuffa thank you for you commend.... smiley. Kobojunkie You say file for banktruptcy and move on. That does not do anything good and it means letting Okoli getting away with that. No way. You cannot discourage me. I'll keep on fighting it .
Re: Please Help by samtoye(m): 4:19pm On Sep 28, 2012
I am quite shocked with the responses i am reading on this topic especially from the female folks, has the harshness of the economy done this to our conscience? Most of us have become callous in this part of the world, regardless she made an innocent mistake that anybody could make; should we now rub it in? how many of us have been jilted before? brokenhearted? was it because we were not smart enough? its only here i know people are castigated for being trustworthy, faithful and straightforward. Can it ever be easy to move on especially when the person that did it is still gallivanting around with your hard earned sweat, remember you might end up a victim one day. Elisabet51 follow your conviction even if it takes 20 years cos justice is no respecter of time, although forgiveness is another path you could tow if you want but let nobody condemn you for any path you chose to take. Peace be unto you.

4 Likes

Re: Please Help by elisabet51(f): 11:46pm On Sep 28, 2012
Thank you Samtoye I so appreciate it. grin Besides Tyusuffa and a few other people you understand whats going on. Its not that easy to get justice when living in the US but I am getting there slowly. And yes I made a mistake but it can happen to anybody. I just wanted a good husband but he turned out to be the worst coldhearted evil person.
Re: Please Help by tyusuffa: 1:21pm On Oct 04, 2012
U`re right Lizzy. It`s just unfortunate things turned out this way. Some pple can be mean and unimaginably heartless.
Re: Please Help by elisabet51(f): 1:31pm On Oct 04, 2012
What goes around comes around Tyusuffa.Eventually they will get what they deserve.
Re: Please Help by deardupsy(f): 3:13pm On Oct 12, 2012
Hmmm.... I really took my time to read from the beginning to the last post.
I only wonder how/why someone will feel so comfortable investing on another man's labour.

May you find God's favor and recover all that was taken from you.

1 Like

Re: Please Help by elisabet51(f): 3:20pm On Oct 12, 2012
Thank you poster
Re: Please Help by dayokanu(m): 6:53am On Feb 01, 2013
would read
Re: Please Help by kpolli(m): 7:04am On Feb 01, 2013
If you registered the business in your name, why is he enjoying the dividends of it not u?

1 Like

Re: Please Help by elisabet51(f): 2:30pm On Feb 01, 2013
I registered the business in my name only in the UK (Question Info.com Ltd)...I still have the papers to proof it.....then when I came with my husband the 1st time to Lagos I noticed that he already had a business with the same name at his parents house in Apapa.....clever of him....then I found in his papers a business card with his name and my business printed on it with UK address and phone number of his girlfriend...so they must have planed that together to dupe me.....I just want to get divorced soon and then I can put criminal charges on him....its not easy to get divorce done when having no money but I am getting there
Re: Please Help by Oboma1(m): 2:56pm On Nov 04, 2014
Noted...
Re: Please Help by ifeojobas(f): 5:36pm On Jan 17, 2015
elisabet51:
No way I am giving up and this has nothing to do with skincolor.

Please send a mail to me---->ifedolapok@gmail.com
Re: Please Help by eagertoknow(f): 7:08pm On Aug 10, 2015
What do you mean He took her money under false pretenses, therefore, he's a crook and he should get what he deserves. @Lisa it will be hard to get your money back being that the both of you are legally married. I would take the situation in my own hands and beat him at his own game but he can do all of that he might be dangerous.

elisabeth dont get the people wrong, we do believe you. we just dont understand how keeping this man in jail is going to solve the matter?
so you expect him to rot in jail for eternity? so far as i know he didnt steal that money, you knowingly gave it to your husband.
he did took everything you worked for because you were %^$^ enough to hand it to him.

Re: Please Help by eagertoknow(f): 7:27pm On Aug 10, 2015
Yes you can get a divorce you would have to get an court order of Notice by publication, which stating that you can't find your husband.

elisabet51:
I registered the business in my name only in the UK (Question Info.com Ltd)...I still have the papers to proof it.....then when I came with my husband the 1st time to Lagos I noticed that he already had a business with the same name at his parents house in Apapa.....clever of him....then I found in his papers a business card with his name and my business printed on it with UK address and phone number of his girlfriend...so they must have planed that together to dupe me.....I just want to get divorced soon and then I can put criminal charges on him....its not easy to get divorce done when having no money but I am getting there
Re: Please Help by elisabet51(f): 1:04pm On Aug 21, 2015
Thank you eagertoknow smiley........and no I did not give him the money.......he's a crook......he's all smiles and friendliness when you meet him and you think he's the nicest person in the world.....then when he got you its the opposite......sooner or later he will have to answer in court ......I'm not afraid nor will I give up

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

My Ex Wants Me Back ! / Original Men Clothing And Accessories Lowest Wholesale Price / Should Parents Be Held Accountable For Their Adult Children's Behavior?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.