Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,448 members, 7,816,035 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 12:10 AM

Why We Reduced Mtn’s N1.04trn Fine – NCC - Phones (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Why We Reduced Mtn’s N1.04trn Fine – NCC (22512 Views)

Sim Reg: MTN Has Paid 165bn Fine – NCC / Unsolicited SMS To Attract N5m Fine – NCC / MTN Agrees To Pay N1.04trn Fine (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why We Reduced Mtn’s N1.04trn Fine – NCC by DedeNkem: 5:15am On Dec 09, 2015
Huge amount money exchanged hands behind closed doors.
Re: Why We Reduced Mtn’s N1.04trn Fine – NCC by Nobody: 5:30am On Dec 09, 2015
NCC, we have heard.
Oya MTN should pay asap! Enough talking already.
Re: Why We Reduced Mtn’s N1.04trn Fine – NCC by fabre4: 6:51am On Dec 09, 2015
slimgold123:

http://www.vanguardngr.com/2015/12/why-we-reduced-mtns-n1-04trn-fine-ncc/

we need a direct link to Ncc where we can report the atrocities this telecom companies commit
Re: Why We Reduced Mtn’s N1.04trn Fine – NCC by marlockj: 6:59am On Dec 09, 2015
jerrygh:

do u no how much is N1.04tr?... u must be jocking!

Do u knw Hw much they scam us after taking money from undelivered SMS alone.

To 160million Nigeria in Jst 1yrs not talking abt since their existence in nigeria.

When last did Mtn return ur money on undelivered SMS?......u mst b smoking
Re: Why We Reduced Mtn’s N1.04trn Fine – NCC by Nobody: 7:00am On Dec 09, 2015
aywhy93:

Sure, that's what I'm using now!

give me ur whatsapp no bro. we need to reason
Re: Why We Reduced Mtn’s N1.04trn Fine – NCC by Abdulhakeem7(m): 7:04am On Dec 09, 2015
To be honest,dis fine is too massive for a company which at least employing our unemployed youths to pay,I don't even think dat not registering sims should be dis tough,though fining dem is a welcome action but shouldn't have been dis huge. How much do will fine d looters who loot our commonwealth?if mtn shld decide to leave Nigeria,it will have adverse effect on d country in d area of employment. NCC should watch its actions because it cannot employ d whole of Nigerians workers in mtn if d company shld go. A reasonable fine is ok but not dis huge amount.
Re: Why We Reduced Mtn’s N1.04trn Fine – NCC by carpenter(m): 7:26am On Dec 09, 2015
For those who feel this fine is too much, they should ask MTN why they agreed to it in the first place. It is not even a case of ignorance, it was clearly a case of ...this is Nigeria, what can they do?

MTN took a calculated risk not to disconnect those lines, not because they cared for the owners but because they looked at the pros and cons...how much will we lose if we disconnect these lines, what is the worst that could happen if we are fined based on an amount they already knew of (all the regulators knew how much per sim they will be required to pay). Banks, Tobacco, Alcohol, even Pharmacitical companies do this all the time, they weigh the fine against the gain...maybe it just back fired this time....who knows maybe MTN still made money. You cannot not really tell unless you see the figures.

When you commit the crime, be prepared to do the time.

I am not happy the fine was reduced, they should have been made to pay the full amount.

We want a better country but I don't think we are ready to make the sacrifices that are necessary.

I have an MTN line and it is the best network I would trust when travelling to remote places in naija not to talk of outside the country...they are everywhere, not great service but I can manage. However, MTN steals from us everyday.

For those that say MTN Nigeria is a SouthAfrican company, you are not entirely correct. MTN Nigeria is a Nigerian company and has Nigerian shareholders although the parent company also has interests in form of shares. They might not be listed on the NSE, but they are partially owned by Nigerians.
Re: Why We Reduced Mtn’s N1.04trn Fine – NCC by dualsurvey: 8:15am On Dec 09, 2015
sapientia1:
They'll still rip off innocent citizens off no matter what. A situation whereby a customer is automatically subscribed to plans he/she doesn't want.
That happened to me 2 days ago, very nauseating.
Re: Why We Reduced Mtn’s N1.04trn Fine – NCC by aywhy93(m): 8:23am On Dec 09, 2015
Alanjeffy:

081 6724 0799

give me ur whatsapp no bro. we need to reason
Re: Why We Reduced Mtn’s N1.04trn Fine – NCC by enitiObanke(m): 8:26am On Dec 09, 2015
EroticAngelina:
even if mtn still pay this one, na close them go close be dat sad

You certainly do not know how much mtn has milked this Nation. Mtn could have conveniently paid twice the original fine and still be in business. The fact that the fine was reduced is simply a pointer to the level of corruption in our country,.....since assuming office, this mtn fine thing is the only project the minister of communication has busied himself with. At a point, I even thought he was mtn's spokesman.
Re: Why We Reduced Mtn’s N1.04trn Fine – NCC by ddjay: 8:33am On Dec 09, 2015
Someone tell me if there is a nigerian company anywhere in the world that has ever gotten any lineancy for doing the wrong thing. Ncc is just a toothless bulldog and a coward.
Re: Why We Reduced Mtn’s N1.04trn Fine – NCC by Nobody: 8:12pm On Dec 09, 2015
Hemanwel:
Why wouldn't you reduce it?I mean why would NCC fine a private company a sum high enough to make another country's annual budget??If MTN Nigeria had paid that N1.04tr,what would have become of its over 2000 Nigerian staff??What would have been left of the company??Would NCC use the money to create jobs for the over 2000 staff that would be thrown into the labor market?Or they would share it among themselves? And some Nigerian youths are cool with this??
This country sef...
thanks so much for that observation. they also has a lot of charity projects on ground
Re: Why We Reduced Mtn’s N1.04trn Fine – NCC by sapientia1(m): 5:00pm On Dec 11, 2015
Excuzeme:

STOP blaming MTHell for all these sought of things.

There is a reason we have more than one Telecoms Outfit (Airtel, Glo, Etibaba, e.t.c).
If you know MTN is using you, then use your head and PORT ELSEWHERE!

Its that simple. Dont keep whining all day and DO NOTHING
Alright, thanks.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Photos From TECNO CAMON 20 Series Launch In Lagos / How Much Do I Add To Swap My Iphone7 To Iphone X / How To Unlock MTN Mobile Huawei Phone ?? Input NP Code

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.