Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,768 members, 7,817,119 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 06:24 AM

Biafra Agitation: Prof Wole Soyinka Calls For More Diplomacy - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Biafra Agitation: Prof Wole Soyinka Calls For More Diplomacy (21573 Views)

How Nigeria Can Deal With The New Biafra Agitation - Prof Ango Abdullahi / Evander Holyfield Fights Bola Tinubu In Lagos, Wole Soyinka Is Referee-pm NEWS / CNN Breaking News:Tension in South East over Biafra agitation. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Biafra Agitation: Prof Wole Soyinka Calls For More Diplomacy by ayusco85(m): 9:27am On Dec 09, 2015
ok
Re: Biafra Agitation: Prof Wole Soyinka Calls For More Diplomacy by Xbee007(m): 9:28am On Dec 09, 2015
Re: Biafra Agitation: Prof Wole Soyinka Calls For More Diplomacy by babamoha(m): 9:29am On Dec 09, 2015
Vikkie14:
But the Medium/Carrier/Bearer of the Ideology Can be Destroyed.

The only way to destroy a Message is to kill the Messenger.

That's why the Ideology of BH and IS(Daesh) proved fatal but can be REDUCED or Destroyed by Annihilation the Carrier of the Ideology.

My people up SE are clamoring for their freedom, which in a saner clime must be diplomatically resolved. Our marriage ends in 2014, we should come together now to decide if we are going to Stay together or file a letter of Divorce.

The non-implementation of the objectives of the Conference we had in Abuja under the last administration is one major blockade to peace.

please enlighten us about the marriage that ends in 2014
Re: Biafra Agitation: Prof Wole Soyinka Calls For More Diplomacy by babyfaceafrica: 9:32am On Dec 09, 2015
patrick89:

no single igbo man is against the idea! except the conquered minds!!
you don't have proof for this your assertion...even in 1967 some igbos fought on the sid of Nigeria.....are they conquerd minds?...stop generalizing

3 Likes

Re: Biafra Agitation: Prof Wole Soyinka Calls For More Diplomacy by babyfaceafrica: 9:34am On Dec 09, 2015
orunto27:
Diplomacy and Dialogue yes. But the agitators must first drop Biafra and substitute Igbos(Ibos) or The Countries of se of Nigeria. By this we know who is talking to who. Biafra no longer exists in the Nigerian systems.
I agree totally....but why is ur ibo in parenthesis...its adulterated...its igbo!!!

1 Like

Re: Biafra Agitation: Prof Wole Soyinka Calls For More Diplomacy by Mightymanna(m): 9:36am On Dec 09, 2015
actually i don't have any problem with the biafra leaving this country it is there right. had it being that it is the northerners that got oil and want leave the country i am pretty sure no one will dare to stop them. the igbos has been made second class citizens in thier fatherland they must fight to liberate themselves even if means living in a landlock poverty stricken land,as far as they are independent at least they materialise there dream.

14 Likes

Re: Biafra Agitation: Prof Wole Soyinka Calls For More Diplomacy by domnwan(m): 9:37am On Dec 09, 2015
all these are your own opinions let Okechukwu Munachiso Buhari talk,
Re: Biafra Agitation: Prof Wole Soyinka Calls For More Diplomacy by M4gunners: 9:37am On Dec 09, 2015
Don't like this Man anymore, my reasons are clear.
Re: Biafra Agitation: Prof Wole Soyinka Calls For More Diplomacy by Obijulius: 9:37am On Dec 09, 2015
I am proudly Igbo SS+SE.

And we support BIAFRA. that's evidence.

joseph1832:
Kindly provide evidence to assert your claim. Thank you.

7 Likes

Re: Biafra Agitation: Prof Wole Soyinka Calls For More Diplomacy by AnanseK(m): 9:38am On Dec 09, 2015
Mightymanna:
actually i don't have any problem with the biafra leaving this country it is there right. had it being that it is the northerners that got oil and want leave the country i am pretty sure no one will dare to stop them. the igbos has been made second class citizens in thier fatherland they must fight to liberate themselves even if means living in a landlock poverty stricken land,as far as they are independent at least they materialise there dream.

You are misguided in your grudge.
Re: Biafra Agitation: Prof Wole Soyinka Calls For More Diplomacy by Nobody: 9:40am On Dec 09, 2015
And some buhari "misguided" brothers are busy hauling insult in the interest of igbos!

1 Like

Re: Biafra Agitation: Prof Wole Soyinka Calls For More Diplomacy by Nobody: 9:42am On Dec 09, 2015
chesterlee:
Nobel laureate, Professor Wole Soyinka, has emphasized the need for the country’s leadership to approach the agitations for Biafra in a more diplomatic way.

In an exclusive interview on our programme, Channels Book Club, the Nobel laureate said that every ethnic group should be made to feel like a part of the country and good old dialogue is the way to go.

“I wrote an article during the war that Biafra cannot be defeated. People misunderstood what I was saying.

“Once an idea has taken hold, you cannot destroy that idea. You may destroy the people, the carriers of that idea on the battle field but ultimately it’s not the end of the story.

“Let’s not take this position of ‘don’t even talk about it’, ‘under my watch this will never happen’, don’t say things like that. Go into that environment and ask ‘what is it that we can do to make you happy and feel part of this entity?’

“Listen to some other Biafrans and ask them why they want to stay (and say) ‘this is what we are ready to push as the overall authority in this area’.

“Don’t go around saying ‘the sovereignty of the country is indivisible, it’s non-negotiable’ all that kind of language will only make matters worse,” he said.

Source:
http://www.channelstv.com/2015/12/08/biafra-agitation-prof-wole-soyinka-calls-for-more-diplomacy/

Kai, God bless professor Wole Soyinka, this man is truly a Noble laureate.

7 Likes

Re: Biafra Agitation: Prof Wole Soyinka Calls For More Diplomacy by eleko1: 9:43am On Dec 09, 2015
Any lunatics/miscreants that protest in the name of dat criminal Kanu shud be flog accordingly undecided
Re: Biafra Agitation: Prof Wole Soyinka Calls For More Diplomacy by joseph1832(m): 9:43am On Dec 09, 2015
Obijulius:
I am proudly Igbo SS+SE.

And we support BIAFRA. that's evidence.

And who is 'we'? The pronoun I signify a single entity, so once again, who is we? If you can't provide any evidence other than rant online, I suggest you rest. Thank you.

1 Like

Re: Biafra Agitation: Prof Wole Soyinka Calls For More Diplomacy by mightycrown1(m): 9:44am On Dec 09, 2015
truth is always bitter. this prof always calls a spade a spade. but if the truth is against you, you call him names; if it is in line with you, you call him hero. in this particular thread many will not remember that this prof is been tagged the initiator of cultism in Nigeria because his talk is in line with theirs. why do we hate the truth in this nation?

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: Biafra Agitation: Prof Wole Soyinka Calls For More Diplomacy by sholasys: 9:45am On Dec 09, 2015
PedroJP:
Let Biafrans be armed already.

As a Biafran, u are called to fight and f ight for your fatherland. Fight to defend your parents, fight to defend ur siblings, fight to defend ur land, fight to defend Biafra, fight to defend freedom, fight to have a better future for ur generation, fight to separate from Islamic yoruba and hausa.

Remember, being a coward will make the enemy kill not just u, but ur mother, ur siblings, ur aged and destruction of ur places.

Bring out urself, ur determination, the spirit,resolve and the doggedness in u to defend ur freedom. No retreat.

You are a dengerious mobilizer.

3 Likes

Re: Biafra Agitation: Prof Wole Soyinka Calls For More Diplomacy by ODUBEZE: 9:45am On Dec 09, 2015
joseph1832:
Yes be that as it may, I still believe the idea of Biafra is just a means for some disgruntled south easterners to cause trouble. They should know not every easterners buy the idea of Biafra.

I'll even want to ask them why they didn't launch this ridiculous crusade during the past administration, how come they're launching it now? The guise of marginalization is just a ruse they want to use to stir trouble.

My dear wake up! we are no longer in the past but present!
If U belong to Ndigbo race when it is time for referendum vote YES or NO simple!
Don't drag us back!

2 Likes

Re: Biafra Agitation: Prof Wole Soyinka Calls For More Diplomacy by Nobody: 9:47am On Dec 09, 2015
orunto27:
Diplomacy and Dialogue yes.............. Biafra no longer exists in the Nigerian systems.

First class delusion. But it exists in the mind of living beings!
Re: Biafra Agitation: Prof Wole Soyinka Calls For More Diplomacy by Nobody: 9:47am On Dec 09, 2015
mightycrown1:
truth is always bitter. this prof always calls a space a space. but if the truth is against you, you call him names; if it is in line with you, you call him hero. in this particular thread many will not remember that this prof is been tagged the initiator of cultism in Nigeria because his talk is in line with theirs. why do we hate the truth in this nation?

It should be "Calls a spade a spade" not space please!
Re: Biafra Agitation: Prof Wole Soyinka Calls For More Diplomacy by Favparis(f): 9:48am On Dec 09, 2015
I think FG is being careful at the moment and seeking wise counsel from the few wise folks we've got in this country............
Re: Biafra Agitation: Prof Wole Soyinka Calls For More Diplomacy by Supremor(m): 9:48am On Dec 09, 2015
Well said Prof. caution is needed by all parties involved to avoid the unexpected
Re: Biafra Agitation: Prof Wole Soyinka Calls For More Diplomacy by ODUBEZE: 9:48am On Dec 09, 2015
eleko1:
Any lunatics/miscreants that protest in the name of dat criminal Kanu shud be flog accordingly undecided
Don't just stay in your comfort zone and say it! come and do the flogging and I can assure you that your life will never remain the same!
mtcheeeeeew!

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Biafra Agitation: Prof Wole Soyinka Calls For More Diplomacy by xest(m): 9:50am On Dec 09, 2015
Ahmed sani yerima, Prof wole soyinka thumbs up to u two,the two most reasonable comments made since the Biafra agitation started.

3 Likes

Re: Biafra Agitation: Prof Wole Soyinka Calls For More Diplomacy by joseph1832(m): 9:50am On Dec 09, 2015
ODUBEZE:

My dear wake up! we are no longer in the past but present!
If U belong to Ndigbo race when it is time for referendum vote YES or NO simple!
Don't drag us back!
And how am I dragging Ndigbo back?
Re: Biafra Agitation: Prof Wole Soyinka Calls For More Diplomacy by ODUBEZE: 9:52am On Dec 09, 2015
joseph1832:
And how am I dragging Ndigbo back?
Are you an Igbo?

1 Like

Re: Biafra Agitation: Prof Wole Soyinka Calls For More Diplomacy by kayroy5(m): 9:52am On Dec 09, 2015
If they are serious and ready, we Nigerians are ready to dialogue with them. But if they prove otherwise, we wil change it 4 them.
Re: Biafra Agitation: Prof Wole Soyinka Calls For More Diplomacy by MORNDEW(m): 9:53am On Dec 09, 2015
Vikkie14:
But the Medium/Carrier/Bearer of the Ideology Can be Destroyed.

The only way to destroy a Message is to kill the Messenger.

That's why the Ideology of BH and IS(Daesh) proved fatal but can be REDUCED or Destroyed by Annihilating the Carrier of the Ideology.

My people up SE are clamouring for their freedom, which in a saner clime must be diplomatically resolved. Our marriage ends in 2014, we should come together now to decide if we are going to Stay together or file a letter of Divorce.

The non-implementation of the objectives of the Conference we had in Abuja under the last administration is one major blockade to peace.

Which useless conference? The one they collected 3 million each for three months to come up with nothing? And who represented u? The same place that have milked u dry? Area look for anoda reason.

1 Like

Re: Biafra Agitation: Prof Wole Soyinka Calls For More Diplomacy by eleko1: 9:55am On Dec 09, 2015
Why u nor join those miscreants running up and down and looting shops instead of hidden elsewhere and let see if ur life won't be ruin
ODUBEZE:

Don't just stay in your comfort zone and say it! come and do the flogging and I can assure you that your life will never remain the same!
mtcheeeeeew!
Re: Biafra Agitation: Prof Wole Soyinka Calls For More Diplomacy by joseph1832(m): 9:55am On Dec 09, 2015
ODUBEZE:

Are you an Igbo?
My tribe and religion doesn't matter. So how am I dragging Ndigbo back?

1 Like

Re: Biafra Agitation: Prof Wole Soyinka Calls For More Diplomacy by laprince(m): 10:00am On Dec 09, 2015
The sovereignty of Nigeria can't be compromised. However, Boko Haram is tearing us apart.

Diplomacy remains the basic idea. Its never fair when you make a set of people feel marginalised.

Even in a family, when you show some of your children more love, you stand the chance of causing hate amongt your children.

We can't afford to loose the Igbos. Things would never be the same again in Nigeria, if they leave.

Nigeria is better as this larger whole that we are.

#TeamOneNigeria

1 Like

Re: Biafra Agitation: Prof Wole Soyinka Calls For More Diplomacy by ODUBEZE: 10:01am On Dec 09, 2015
eleko1:
Why u nor join those miscreants running up and down and looting shops instead of hidden elsewhere and let see if ur life won't be ruin
It will be in your very own eyes when Ndigbo will be liberated! By then you will swallow the word "miscreants" mr ruin!

4 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Suspected COVID19 Patient: Enugu Govt Releases Funds For Emergency Response / Electoral Act: Ortom Commends President Buhari, Says Decision Best For Country / Call For Ayu’s Resignation Achievable – Atiku

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.