Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,694 members, 7,816,835 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 06:25 PM

Biafra Agitation: Prof Wole Soyinka Calls For More Diplomacy - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Biafra Agitation: Prof Wole Soyinka Calls For More Diplomacy (21570 Views)

How Nigeria Can Deal With The New Biafra Agitation - Prof Ango Abdullahi / Evander Holyfield Fights Bola Tinubu In Lagos, Wole Soyinka Is Referee-pm NEWS / CNN Breaking News:Tension in South East over Biafra agitation. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Biafra Agitation: Prof Wole Soyinka Calls For More Diplomacy by kennethchidi(m): 10:01am On Dec 09, 2015
patrick89:

no single igbo man is against the idea! except the conquered minds!!
Tah,shatap! Are u in their minds to know if they buy d idea or against it?
I think u need to watch the responses of eminent igbo people in US during the igbo conference to nnamdi kanu on his request for arms and ammunition,den u will know d wise igbos are not supportive of ds coz we r not really ready to stand alone,but just some few political folks trying to use ds a means to subject innocent ndigbo to more suffering. A better tn to agitate about to d fg is how to make igbos feel more a part of this country nd also implementing the resolves in the last confab atleast,and not tryna instigate another civil war!
Nwata etoruhi etoru,were n'acho ihe gburu nnaya,ihe gburu nnaya egbuo ya! I rest my case!

2 Likes

Re: Biafra Agitation: Prof Wole Soyinka Calls For More Diplomacy by 247notire(m): 10:01am On Dec 09, 2015
Mightymanna:
actually i don't have any problem with the biafra leaving this country it is there right. had it being that it is the northerners that got oil and want leave the country i am pretty sure no one will dare to stop them. the igbos has been made second class citizens in thier fatherland they must fight to liberate themselves even if means living in a landlock poverty stricken land,as far as they are independent at least they materialise there dream.
Ur sick in the skull and thoroughly misinformed too. Obviously ur IQ is very low as evidenced by ur rubbish post. See as u dey for picture like person wey the suit dey wear. Arewa animal... Ur people are forever cursed with backwardness, abject poverty and violence. One way or the other you will soon get what u deserve all u arewa animals. Just pray very hard to ur dead Allah that the yorubas' dnt become free of ur slavish hold on them. Ur picture itself also screams poverty...
Re: Biafra Agitation: Prof Wole Soyinka Calls For More Diplomacy by Chukazu: 10:01am On Dec 09, 2015
joseph1832:
Yes be that as it may, I still believe the idea of Biafra is just a means for some disgruntled south easterners to cause trouble. They should know not every easterners buy the idea of Biafra.

I'll even want to ask them why they didn't launch this ridiculous crusade during the past administration, how come they're launching it now? The guise of marginalization is just a ruse they want to use to stir trouble.

Re: Biafra Agitation: Prof Wole Soyinka Calls For More Diplomacy by sinistermind(m): 10:02am On Dec 09, 2015
joseph1832:
Yes be that as it may, I still believe the idea of Biafra is just a means for some disgruntled south easterners to cause trouble. They should know not every easterners buy the idea of Biafra.

I'll even want to ask them why they didn't launch this ridiculous crusade during the past administration, how come they're launching it now? The guise of marginalization is just a ruse they want to use to stir trouble.

My brother i guess you haven't being following the news.... was it after the elections that MASSOB was established? this has being going on for a while and the expiry of the amalgamation was an opportunity to publicize it more. i am not a fan of the whole Biafra movement, but saying it is a scheme by some disgruntled politicians is wrong... when you go deep south, you will understand the reason why the Igbos are screaming marginalization.

1 Like

Re: Biafra Agitation: Prof Wole Soyinka Calls For More Diplomacy by 247notire(m): 10:06am On Dec 09, 2015
MORNDEW:

Which useless conference? The one they collected 3 million each for three months to come up with nothing? And who represented u? The same place that have milked u dry? Area look for anoda reason.
O boy, u don't even know anything about wats happening in this country. Do a lil research even though I doubt u will, look for the recommendations of that last conference and u will understand why it is the major solution to most of our problems. Same reason why erudite scholars and eminent Nigerians have reiterated that the Daura President shud not discard it or we'll still be in one spot, all motion and no movement.
Re: Biafra Agitation: Prof Wole Soyinka Calls For More Diplomacy by VOICEOFJUSTICE: 10:07am On Dec 09, 2015
In the word of my brother Ken Saro Wiwa, ''You can kill the messenger but you can not kill the message''
Re: Biafra Agitation: Prof Wole Soyinka Calls For More Diplomacy by kennethchidi(m): 10:07am On Dec 09, 2015
PedroJP:
Let Biafrans be armed already.

As a Biafran, u are called to fight and f ight for your fatherland. Fight to defend your parents, fight to defend ur siblings, fight to defend ur land, fight to defend Biafra, fight to defend freedom, fight to have a better future for ur generation, fight to separate from Islamic yoruba and hausa.

Remember, being a coward will make the enemy kill not just u, but ur mother, ur siblings, ur aged and destruction of ur places.

Bring out urself, ur determination, the spirit,resolve and the doggedness in u to defend ur freedom. No retreat.
Ijiot! Hope u will stand when it all starts? Guess ur father didnt tell u the stories of d war,or maybe he wasnt brave enough to witness it!

2 Likes

Re: Biafra Agitation: Prof Wole Soyinka Calls For More Diplomacy by sinistermind(m): 10:07am On Dec 09, 2015
kennethchidi:

Tah,shatap! Are u in their minds to know if they buy d idea or against it?
I think u need to watch the responses of eminent igbo people in US during the igbo conference to nnamdi kanu on his request for arms and ammunition,den u will know d wise igbos are not supportive of ds coz we r not really ready to stand alone,but just some few political folks trying to use ds a means to subject innocent ndigbo to more suffering. A better tn to agitate about to d fg is how to make igbos feel more a part of this country nd also implementing the resolves in the last confab atleast,and not tryna instigate another civil war!
Nwata etoruhi etoru,were n'acho ihe gburu nnaya,ihe gburu nnaya egbuo ya! I rest my case!

Gbam!!! i wonder if they expect illustrious ndigbo that have made millions both in the SW and the north, to lose everything just because of the dream and idea of a single man?? i sit and wonder how different are you ndigbos that buy into the idea of Nnamdi kanu from the followers of ISIS and Boko Haram, because mere words continually passed changed their ideology.

2 Likes

Re: Biafra Agitation: Prof Wole Soyinka Calls For More Diplomacy by franksam2009: 10:08am On Dec 09, 2015
The only Yoruba man with senses

1 Like

Re: Biafra Agitation: Prof Wole Soyinka Calls For More Diplomacy by mightycrown1(m): 10:10am On Dec 09, 2015
EUROBOMBER:

It should be "Calls a spade a spade" not space please!
thanks, slip of d mind/finger. lol

1 Like

Re: Biafra Agitation: Prof Wole Soyinka Calls For More Diplomacy by viktagorion: 10:13am On Dec 09, 2015
joseph1832:

Exactly my point. I have asked if president Jonathan had won the last election are we going to witness this kind of heavy agitation? The answer is obvious.
Re: Biafra Agitation: Prof Wole Soyinka Calls For More Diplomacy by joseph1832(m): 10:13am On Dec 09, 2015
sinistermind:

My brother i guess you haven't being following the news.... was it after the elections that MASSOB was established? this has being going on for a while and the expiry of the amalgamation was an opportunity to publicize it more. i am not a fan of the whole Biafra movement, but saying it is a scheme by some disgruntled politicians is wrong... when you go deep south, you will understand the reason why the Igbos are screaming marginalization.
MASSOB went docile during the last administration, hope you remember. And which far part of the east are you talking about?

I've been to almost all the eastern states apart from Ebonyi. So kindly tell me how the far part of some eastern states are?
Re: Biafra Agitation: Prof Wole Soyinka Calls For More Diplomacy by DikSin(m): 10:18am On Dec 09, 2015
Demmocrats:
Wise words from a wise man.

Thinking of running a DDoS on tlc.com. Beg me undecided
Re: Biafra Agitation: Prof Wole Soyinka Calls For More Diplomacy by jossyj: 10:18am On Dec 09, 2015
One of the few responsible yoruba men that understands what freedom means is talking
Re: Biafra Agitation: Prof Wole Soyinka Calls For More Diplomacy by Chukazu: 10:18am On Dec 09, 2015
joseph1832:

you call our agitation for fairness and equity ridiculous?
why we launched it now?
housa men ruled for more than 30 yrs, yoruba for eight years, ijaw for only six years;and now housa and yoruba for another four years and IBo nothing?things don't work that way man.

1 Like

Re: Biafra Agitation: Prof Wole Soyinka Calls For More Diplomacy by chernest2002: 10:20am On Dec 09, 2015
Gej is still the best president, if apc have agreed to the conference by now Buhari will be forced to implement it and I believe that all this agitation will not be strong like this. But is not too late if Buhari and apc will make u turn and start national dialogue Nigeria will be saved.
Re: Biafra Agitation: Prof Wole Soyinka Calls For More Diplomacy by Pavarottii(m): 10:21am On Dec 09, 2015
Monalisa185:
my Igbo brethren, y'all should just chill small abeg...
The same thing he just said, don't take it for granted or let's not talk about it. And that's wat u r doing. Wen u read a post. Try to understand the content b4 commenting or u bookspace and come back and modify properly.
Thanks
Re: Biafra Agitation: Prof Wole Soyinka Calls For More Diplomacy by repogirl(f): 10:22am On Dec 09, 2015
Simple!
Re: Biafra Agitation: Prof Wole Soyinka Calls For More Diplomacy by patrick89(m): 10:23am On Dec 09, 2015
joseph1832:
Kindly provide evidence to assert your claim. Thank you.
I no get your time! I pointed out "conquered " mind, to make it clear to you!!
Re: Biafra Agitation: Prof Wole Soyinka Calls For More Diplomacy by austinbrown: 10:24am On Dec 09, 2015
Allow Biafra to go they will not listen
Re: Biafra Agitation: Prof Wole Soyinka Calls For More Diplomacy by Guyman02: 10:25am On Dec 09, 2015
joseph1832:

The agitation has been ongoing for many years; Buharis nonchalant attitude to their complains seems to be making it to grow and have more adherents
Re: Biafra Agitation: Prof Wole Soyinka Calls For More Diplomacy by joseph1832(m): 10:25am On Dec 09, 2015
Chukazu:

why we launched it now?
housa men ruled for more than 30 yrs, yoruba for eight years, ijaw for only six years;and now housa and yoruba for another four years and IBo nothing?things don't work that way man.
From what you say, your agitation for fairness and equity is riddled with tribalism and ethnic sentiment. This is a 'democracy'.

Elections were held weren't they? So did the Hausa and Yoruba man impose their self on you? No! They simply formed an alliance, that's something very common in politics. So why are you crying now.

If I were you, rather than cry and rant I'll start mapping out my strategy of how I'm going to contest election 2019 and win, not ferment trouble and deceive yourself.

If you want to be part of something or own a stake in something, start forming alliance. Plain and simple.

3 Likes

Re: Biafra Agitation: Prof Wole Soyinka Calls For More Diplomacy by Pavarottii(m): 10:26am On Dec 09, 2015
PedroJP:
Let Biafrans be armed already.

As a Biafran, u are called to fight and f ight for your fatherland. Fight to defend your parents, fight to defend ur siblings, fight to defend ur land, fight to defend Biafra, fight to defend freedom, fight to have a better future for ur generation, fight to separate from Islamic yoruba and hausa.

Remember, being a coward will make the enemy kill not just u, but ur mother, ur siblings, ur aged and destruction of ur places.

Bring out urself, ur determination, the spirit,resolve and the doggedness in u to defend ur freedom. No retreat.

Future Rights Activist. I sight u...
Re: Biafra Agitation: Prof Wole Soyinka Calls For More Diplomacy by joseph1832(m): 10:27am On Dec 09, 2015
Guyman02:

The agitation has been ongoing for many years; Buharis nonchalance attitude to their complains seems to be making it to grow and have more adherents
Seriously. PMB has barely spend a year in office and he already has a nonchalant attitude? What will you say when he spend 4 years. And, did OBJ or Yar'Adua heed to their complaints?

1 Like

Re: Biafra Agitation: Prof Wole Soyinka Calls For More Diplomacy by muzzafar(m): 10:29am On Dec 09, 2015
sandraokosun1:
When we tell dem they are dreamers, they come here to masturbate and console themselves that they are strategizing.
Ojukwu a military man that had the opportunity in the brink of a crux ascounded only to resurface and beg for nigeria no1 post 2 times.
You cant fight the fg, u only pick war u can win.
Ths is the last we would hear of ipod after their gra gra just like massob, it would integrate itself into finding brown envelope,
its aim was to drag the enough gullible into a group big enough to start enjoying lobying priviledges
YOU THINK WE ARE JOKING?
Biafrans are not hungry men we dont need your stupid brown envelopes cos weve got more than that or dont you know that we own enough human resources,natural resources and wealth to make us givers ? ALL WE NEED IS LIBERTY.
Re: Biafra Agitation: Prof Wole Soyinka Calls For More Diplomacy by joseph1832(m): 10:29am On Dec 09, 2015
patrick89:
I no get your time! I pointed out "conquered " mind, to make it clear to you!!
And you think I have your time. I point it here that your mind is lobotomize and heavily laden with tribalism and ethnic bigotry. tongue

1 Like

Re: Biafra Agitation: Prof Wole Soyinka Calls For More Diplomacy by jossyj: 10:32am On Dec 09, 2015
joseph1832:
From what you say, your agitation for fairness and equity is riddled with tribalism and ethnic sentiment. This is a 'democracy'.

Elections were held weren't they? So did the Hausa and Yoruba man impose their self on you? No! They simply formed an alliance, that's something very common in politics. So why are you crying now.

If I were you, rather than cry and rant I'll start mapping out my strategy of how I'm going to contest election 2019 and win, not ferment trouble and deceive yourself.

If you want to be part of something or own a stake in something, start forming alliance. Plain and simple.

We biafrans don't want to be with you people in Nigeria again or is it by force?
Ok, you said we're trouble makers we agree then why not allow us to go with our trouble
Re: Biafra Agitation: Prof Wole Soyinka Calls For More Diplomacy by patrick89(m): 10:34am On Dec 09, 2015
babyfaceafrica:
you don't have proof for this your assertion...even in 1967 some igbos fought on the sid of Nigeria.....are they conquerd minds?...stop generalizing
yes, my grandmother told me that during civil war, some people didn't even know the road to their house!!!
Re: Biafra Agitation: Prof Wole Soyinka Calls For More Diplomacy by Guyman02: 10:35am On Dec 09, 2015
joseph1832:
Seriously. PMB has barely spend a year in office and he already has a nonchalant attitude? What will you say when he spend 4 years. And, did OBJ or Yar'Adua heed to their complaints?

You Buharimaniacs feel that PMB can do no wrong.
I support PMB but on this issue I feel he is towing the wrong line by ordering security agents to 'crush' the agitation instead of proposing dialogue to the grievances of the peaceful protesters just like Yar'adua did with the killing of Mohammed Yusuf of Boko Haram and see where we are today; N30b from the supplementary budget this year will go to Boko Haram fight.

With the killings that occurred in Onitsha the agitators may decide to seek revenge and become armed thats how Boko Haram and Niger Delta militancy started and we cant afford another insurgency with dwindling oil revenue. Dont think they are afraid to confront our military, if they can come out boldly without arms and get shot to death, then what happens if they decide to become violent?

1 Like

Re: Biafra Agitation: Prof Wole Soyinka Calls For More Diplomacy by davbravo(m): 10:38am On Dec 09, 2015
Chukazu:

why we launched it now?
you should blame d political parties(APC,PDP,etc) 4 nt norminating an igbo man to run 4 president nt nigeria... an igbo man was d senate president for years...i hav no issue with igbo pple, i hav alot of igbo friends.if nigeria should separate, it'll affect both sides negatively
Re: Biafra Agitation: Prof Wole Soyinka Calls For More Diplomacy by lawrenceunaa: 10:40am On Dec 09, 2015
joseph1832:

keep pretending not to know the answer to that question. undecided how many time would this same question be asked and answered
1) radio Biafra has been on since 1989

2) Ex massob leader sabotaged the struggle

3)Radio Biafra has being broadcasting even during Jonathan's administration but NK wasnt detained

4) Nigeria expired in 2014

5)Greed make people eat an expired product intensionally. So everybody shouting one Nigeria have heard any one america , one China , one Kenya because even though they are not one by blood they are one by choice. Biafrans choice is to path ways with Nigeria.

6)Since the confab report was neglected, definitely when time comes for referendum, no one will vote b who wants to be a victim of quota system if not the visionless

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Presidency Recalls Lekan Adetayo, Expelled PUNCH Reporter To Aso Rock / NAF Airstrikes Hit Oil Thieves In Rivers, IPOB In Anambra, Terrorists In Sambisa / 'Jonathan Refused To Approve Fourth Mainland Bridge' – Ambode

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 61
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.