Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,690 members, 7,816,824 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 05:57 PM

Biafra Agitation: Prof Wole Soyinka Calls For More Diplomacy - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Biafra Agitation: Prof Wole Soyinka Calls For More Diplomacy (21569 Views)

How Nigeria Can Deal With The New Biafra Agitation - Prof Ango Abdullahi / Evander Holyfield Fights Bola Tinubu In Lagos, Wole Soyinka Is Referee-pm NEWS / CNN Breaking News:Tension in South East over Biafra agitation. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Biafra Agitation: Prof Wole Soyinka Calls For More Diplomacy by patrick89(m): 10:42am On Dec 09, 2015
kennethchidi:

Tah,shatap! Are u in their minds to know if they buy d idea or against it?
I think u need to watch the responses of eminent igbo people in US during the igbo conference to nnamdi kanu on his request for arms and ammunition,den u will know d wise igbos are not supportive of ds coz we r not really ready to stand alone,but just some few political folks trying to use ds a means to subject innocent ndigbo to more suffering. A better tn to agitate about to d fg is how to make igbos feel more a part of this country nd also implementing the resolves in the last confab atleast,and not tryna instigate another civil war!
Nwata etoruhi etoru,were n'acho ihe gburu nnaya,ihe gburu nnaya egbuo ya! I rest my case!
That you're writing in igbo doesn't make you igbo!!!
I was in a bus to enugu, an awusa man in the bus was speaking igbo like a village igbo man! I was shocked.
look I stated conquered people. if you know what conquered mean you will understand perfectly..

1 Like

Re: Biafra Agitation: Prof Wole Soyinka Calls For More Diplomacy by Beloved35(m): 10:47am On Dec 09, 2015
[color=#006600][/color]
joseph1832:
Yes be that as it may, I still believe the idea of Biafra is just a means for some disgruntled south easterners to cause trouble. They should know not every easterners buy the idea of Biafra.

I'll even want to ask them why they didn't launch this ridiculous crusade during the past administration, how come they're launching it now? The guise of marginalization is just a ruse they want to use to stir trouble.

The quest for biafra have been there for more than 50 years.

But PMB added more fuel to the fire by

1) making that 5% comment ( making the ss and se people feel more marginalized )

2) arresting Nnamdi kanu.

2 Likes

Re: Biafra Agitation: Prof Wole Soyinka Calls For More Diplomacy by patrick89(m): 10:49am On Dec 09, 2015
joseph1832:
And you think I have your time. I point it here that your mind is lobotomize and heavily laden with tribalism and ethnic bigotry. tongue
all these type of mindset is irritating!! countries are not built on charity and gospel! they are built on selfish patriotism and ofcourse good will from the people!! your sick head can not comprehend this, if my selfish love and passion for my people is tribalism to you, yes I'm more than tribalism!! now kick bucket!!! I'm a tribalist oooh!! I don't want any other tribe to be better than my tribe igbo! yes!! same way white supremacist and nazis did!!!

1 Like

Re: Biafra Agitation: Prof Wole Soyinka Calls For More Diplomacy by gsport: 10:50am On Dec 09, 2015
Common sense is no army too strong than idea whose time has come.talk to them counter them with superior reasons not threat,he who is on the ground is not afraid of falling.
Re: Biafra Agitation: Prof Wole Soyinka Calls For More Diplomacy by wiseoneking: 10:50am On Dec 09, 2015
sandraokosun1:
When we tell dem they are dreamers, they come here to masturbate and console themselves that they are strategizing.
Ojukwu a military man that had the opportunity in the brink of a crux ascounded only to resurface and beg for nigeria no1 post 2 times.
You cant fight the fg, u only pick war u can win.
Ths is the last we would hear of ipod after their gra gra just like massob, it would integrate itself into finding brown envelope,
its aim was to drag the enough gullible into a group big enough to start enjoying lobying priviledges
Another coward who feels he can never do without the igbos. Hbp at the mention of Biafra secession. SW are the major zone that fears igbo leaving the Zoo but wails when the igbos will dealing them esp in Lagos nomansland. Must you always depend on the igbos to succed. Making biafra more popular. Igbos can do without Nigeria but Nigeria cannot do without the igbos. The northerners through the Sultan are now sending their leaders to beg them to stay. Marriage is not by force.

2 Likes

Re: Biafra Agitation: Prof Wole Soyinka Calls For More Diplomacy by highmood(m): 10:50am On Dec 09, 2015
joseph1832:
Yes be that as it may, I still believe the idea of Biafra is just a means for some disgruntled south easterners to cause trouble. They should know not every easterners buy the idea of Biafra.

I'll even want to ask them why they didn't launch this ridiculous crusade during the past administration, how come they're launching it now? The guise of marginalization is just a ruse they want to use to stir trouble.

in as much as I am indifferent to the course and struggle for freedom, but I must tell you the agitation has been on since the regime of Goodluck Jonathan especially in Europe. And if you have traveled round the southeast years back, you will notice Biafran flags been flown in some houses; this shows that the desire for freedom is still alive within the people.
Re: Biafra Agitation: Prof Wole Soyinka Calls For More Diplomacy by compujyde: 10:51am On Dec 09, 2015
Re: Biafra Agitation: Prof Wole Soyinka Calls For More Diplomacy by 49cents(m): 10:52am On Dec 09, 2015
sandraokosun1:
When we tell dem they are dreamers, they come here to masturbate and console themselves that they are strategizing.
Ojukwu a military man that had the opportunity in the brink of a crux ascounded only to resurface and beg for nigeria no1 post 2 times.
Ths is the last we would hear of ipod after their gra gra just like massob, it would integrate itself into finding brown envelope,
its aim was to drag the enough gullible into a group big enough to start enjoying lobying priviledges

It is words like yours that Soyinka was just warning about

Soyinka understand that Biafra that remains rooted even in the generations that didn't see the war.

The Igbos, with all they have achieved across Nigeria, with all of their economic exploits, thanks to the Nigeria environment, still carry the pains of a "subdued nation, of an unspoken humiliation and of possibility of owning an eldorado from self determination

Biafra is not all about self determination but more of the Pride of the Igbos and Moreso the Pride of FG, of the Southwest and the North....that's seems is the real reason why a yoruba and Hausa man will beef the Igbos politically and socio-culturaally but object to their demanded departure

Though igbo, I am convinced that the viable seeds of biafra needn't be watered rather the Biafran stump should be employed as a stock that supply vital gusto to the scion of a new igbo generation, who will bring the much desired progress the Igbos long for and you don't need an outright secession to achieve that

1 Like

Re: Biafra Agitation: Prof Wole Soyinka Calls For More Diplomacy by edubillionone: 10:57am On Dec 09, 2015
joseph1832:

A struggle of the Igbo race that started about fifty years ago with a civil war is not a struggle of some PDP 2015 disgruntled elements. And because even the unborn children of the easterners being enlightened of the civil war cuppled with the obvious marginalization they see as they grow up, and automatically initiated into this struggle, only true federalism with autonomy of its component units that gives everyone a real sense of belonging may solve the agitation problems of the Igbos, otherwise, they would secceed. Let me remind u, this time around, it will happen hard and fast and not through any kind of war. Check history of such struggles. THIS IS A STRUGGLE FOR SELF-DETERMINATION AND FREEDOM

2 Likes

Re: Biafra Agitation: Prof Wole Soyinka Calls For More Diplomacy by buchilino(m): 10:58am On Dec 09, 2015
sandraokosun1:

WAT ON EARTH R U BLABBING ABOUT?
Re: Biafra Agitation: Prof Wole Soyinka Calls For More Diplomacy by buchilino(m): 10:59am On Dec 09, 2015
49cents:

Soyinka understand that Biafra that remains rooted even in the generations that didn't see the war.

The Igbos, with all they have achieved across Nigeria, with all of their economic exploits, thanks to the Nigeria environment, still carry the pains of a "subdued nation, of an unspoken humiliation and of possibility of owning an eldorado from self determination

Biafra is not all about self determination but more of the Pride of the Igbos and Moreso the Pride of FG, of the Southwest and the North....that's seems is the real reason why a yoruba and Hausa man will beef the Igbos politically and socio-culturaally but object to their demanded departure

Though igbo, I am convinced that the vaible seeds of biafra needn't be watered rather the Biafran stump should be employed as a stock that supply the new of progress within the region and you don't need an outright secession to achieve

WORD
Re: Biafra Agitation: Prof Wole Soyinka Calls For More Diplomacy by Pavarottii(m): 11:03am On Dec 09, 2015
kayroy5:
If they are serious and ready, we Nigerians are ready to dialogue with them. But if they prove otherwise, we wil change it 4 them.
U don't still get wat he his saying. Truth
Re: Biafra Agitation: Prof Wole Soyinka Calls For More Diplomacy by buchilino(m): 11:03am On Dec 09, 2015
patrick89:

all these type of mindset is irritating!! countries are not built on charity and gospel! they are built on selfish patriotism and ofcourse good will from the people!! your sick head can not comprehend this, if my selfish love and passion for my people is tribalism to you, yes I'm more than tribalism!! now kick bucket!!! I'm a tribalist oooh!! I don't want any other tribe to be better than my tribe igbo! yes!! same way white supremacist and nazis did!!!

PREACH MY BROTHER
Re: Biafra Agitation: Prof Wole Soyinka Calls For More Diplomacy by joseph1832(m): 11:08am On Dec 09, 2015
patrick89:

And how did the white supremacist and nazis end? You're such a pathetic tribalist. Its such a shame!. tongue

1 Like

Re: Biafra Agitation: Prof Wole Soyinka Calls For More Diplomacy by joseph1832(m): 11:10am On Dec 09, 2015
highmood:
in as much as I am indifferent to the course and struggle for freedom, but I must tell you the agitation has been on since the regime of Goodluck Jonathan especially in Europe. And if you have traveled round the southeast years back, you will notice Biafran flags been flown in some houses; this shows that the desire for freedom is still alive within the people.
Biafran flags being flown in some houses doesn't translate to it being flown in every house. Don't generalize please.

The desire for whatever freedom they seek is only the figment of some peoples imagination.
Re: Biafra Agitation: Prof Wole Soyinka Calls For More Diplomacy by sunsewa: 11:20am On Dec 09, 2015
Wise advice from a vibrant brain of an elder,he said it all,am never in support of Biafra as an lgboman,but they need to be giving their full dues in this polity,politically,militarily, infrastructurally and above all concede the seat of presidency in 2019,thereby calming down the agitation, one Nigeria is better than fragmented entities.
Re: Biafra Agitation: Prof Wole Soyinka Calls For More Diplomacy by chigaemezuogu: 11:26am On Dec 09, 2015
Soyinka is a wise man and also a reasonable someone.
Re: Biafra Agitation: Prof Wole Soyinka Calls For More Diplomacy by PedroJP(m): 11:35am On Dec 09, 2015
joseph1832:
From what you say, your agitation for fairness and equity is riddled with tribalism and ethnic sentiment. This is a 'democracy'.

Elections were held weren't they? So did the Hausa and Yoruba man impose their self on you? No! They simply formed an alliance, that's something very common in politics. So why are you crying now.

If I were you, rather than cry and rant I'll start mapping out my strategy of how I'm going to contest election 2019 and win, not ferment trouble and deceive yourself.

If you want to be part of something or own a stake in something, start forming alliance. Plain and simple.

We don't want ur alliance simple. Stay on ur own while we mind our own business to compete, is dat too much to ask for ? Why do u want us to remain with u to keep looking for alliances to make ?

Even with ur Lagos, yorubas are still afraid of division. I thought since Biafra is landlocked and yorubas are not, yorubas should champion the cause of secession as they are not landlocked and stand the chance of gaining in all perspective. What are they really afraid of ?

Probably the fear of going down to same level with their folks in Benin republic and Togo.

Parasites

1 Like

Re: Biafra Agitation: Prof Wole Soyinka Calls For More Diplomacy by saintikechi(m): 11:37am On Dec 09, 2015
sandraokosun1:

You are sick
Re: Biafra Agitation: Prof Wole Soyinka Calls For More Diplomacy by unclet1985: 11:41am On Dec 09, 2015
Good talk Soyinka, you are the kind of people that Nigerian president need around him, not people of low thinking faculties and Hot and wicked tempered sect of people that will choose to shot than to reason well for the well being of the entire country.
I pray Buhari would hear this and think well to end this agitation.
Re: Biafra Agitation: Prof Wole Soyinka Calls For More Diplomacy by princejayboss: 11:46am On Dec 09, 2015
joseph1832:

Mr man watch how you use some words.... As educated as i may be.... I want Biafra though not Kalu and uwazulike style.... Every of my household whom virtually have dual citizenship wants Biafra.... Stop typing BS ...

Maybe you knew better than a renowned writer like wole Soyinka
Re: Biafra Agitation: Prof Wole Soyinka Calls For More Diplomacy by great664(m): 12:08pm On Dec 09, 2015
joseph1832:

and who told you inbyhe last administration that IPOB was not broadcasting or Calling for Biafra? GEJ ignore them totally thereby making them unpopular but buhari right after inauguration started chasing RB to jam it and that made it popular and also went to the world to say he will marginalized the 5% and lastly arrested KANU which made him popular and being compare to Mandela,

That was his mistake next time before you spuy thrash about not agitating please carry out a good research.

1 Like

Re: Biafra Agitation: Prof Wole Soyinka Calls For More Diplomacy by supaduma: 12:38pm On Dec 09, 2015
It takes a very enlightened mind to utter what Prof. Soyinka has just said.
Nigeria's Unity can be best described as a union of convenience. It's not just about Biafra agitation, the Nigerian State has not been fair to the over 250 ethnic groups in the country. The question people should be asking is ; Why are the Igbo still agitating for Biafra 40 years after the war?
Despite the so called re-integration they are still feeling alienated.The central government has deliberately implemented a policy of exclusion against the igbo and other minority ethic group since after the war, solely to further impoverish them and diminish their relevance in National affairs.

For those ignorantly hating on the igbo and making disparaging comments i have just one thing to say '' what goes around comes around''.

If we truly desire to have a Nation, all right thinking citizens must change their perspective on how a Nation is built, you can definitely not have a Nation by force or deceit neither can you get it when the land is fuelled by injustice.

Selah!

2 Likes

Re: Biafra Agitation: Prof Wole Soyinka Calls For More Diplomacy by Nobody: 12:56pm On Dec 09, 2015
Biafra agitation is older than GEJ administration, what stirred the increased agitation, by IPOB, is ill-timed arrest of Nnamdi Kanu. There're other Biafra agitators and group who hasn't joined the protest yet, because the current increased agitation is basically to free Nnamdi Kanu.

That being said, have you ever tried to find out if the stated marginalisation is true. All you people do is insult igbos and Biafra idea, and take the side of Nigeria, you'll never hear people talk about igbos side of the story. That is the summary what Wole Soyinka is saying, hear the other side of the story, what is igbos side of the story.
They tried to suppress Niger delta Militants it failed until they heard their side of the story and they were able to solve the problem.

It is only when you understand the cause of a disease that you can cure it otherwise you will treating symptoms while the disease worsens beyond cure.

What am yet to understand is why is it troubling any other tribe in Nigeria that Igbos wants to leave? If we are so useless and hated, is it not better to allow a useless thing to go?

joseph1832
post=40827889:

Re: Biafra Agitation: Prof Wole Soyinka Calls For More Diplomacy by Mightymanna(m): 1:03pm On Dec 09, 2015
247notire:
Ur sick in the skull and thoroughly misinformed too. Obviously ur IQ is very low as evidenced by ur rubbish post. See as u dey for picture like person wey the suit dey wear. Arewa animal... Ur people are forever cursed with backwardness, abject poverty and violence. One way or the other you will soon get what u deserve all u arewa animals. Just pray very hard to ur dead Allah that the yorubas' dnt become free of ur slavish hold on them. Ur picture itself also screams poverty...
you are not worthy of my reply just keep wailing that's what you know best
Re: Biafra Agitation: Prof Wole Soyinka Calls For More Diplomacy by Ikology(m): 1:10pm On Dec 09, 2015
patrick89:

That you're writing in igbo doesn't make you igbo!!!
I was in a bus to enugu, an awusa man in the bus was speaking igbo like a village igbo man! I was shocked.
look I stated conquered people. if you know what conquered mean you will understand perfectly..

I don't know why we always brand every person with opposing views as non Igbo. Do you think most Igbo Lagosians care? What of Igbos born in the North? I support this agitation for fair representation in Nigerian project and restructuring of Nigeria.

1 Like

Re: Biafra Agitation: Prof Wole Soyinka Calls For More Diplomacy by Nobody: 1:13pm On Dec 09, 2015
Read his post again. He wrote some houses how did he generalise. Sentiment won't allow you be objective.

joseph1832:
Biafran flags being flown in some houses doesn't translate to it being flown in every house. Don't generalize please.

The desire for whatever freedom they seek is only the figment of some peoples imagination.

highmood:
Re: Biafra Agitation: Prof Wole Soyinka Calls For More Diplomacy by Nobody: 1:21pm On Dec 09, 2015
Your father born you well, bro! cool especially the last part of your post.

49cents:

Though igbo, I am convinced that the vaible seeds of biafra needn't be watered rather the Biafran stump should be employed as a stock that supply the new of progress within the region and you don't need an outright secession to achieve

Re: Biafra Agitation: Prof Wole Soyinka Calls For More Diplomacy by joseph1832(m): 1:37pm On Dec 09, 2015
centje:
Read his post again. He wrote some houses how did he generalise. Sentiment won't allow you be objective.

And you didn't see where he wrote the desire for freedom is still within the people right?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Troops Killed 150 Boko Haram Fighters, Rescued 36 — Army / Presidency Recalls Lekan Adetayo, Expelled PUNCH Reporter To Aso Rock / NAF Airstrikes Hit Oil Thieves In Rivers, IPOB In Anambra, Terrorists In Sambisa

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 92
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.