Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,431 members, 7,812,282 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 11:07 AM

Why Am I Not From Finland? God Why? - Foreign Affairs - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / Why Am I Not From Finland? God Why? (934 Views)

Donald Trump And Vladimir Putin Meet In Finland (Photos) / Moment President Donald Trump Meet President Vladmir Putin In Finland(photos) / Iraq Rejects Deportees From Finland Over Travel Documents (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why Am I Not From Finland? God Why? by vivalavida(m): 10:23am On Dec 09, 2015
Finland is considering scrapping all welfare benefits and paying everyone $10,000 a year instead.
The Finnish government, elected earlier this year, is planning to introduce a tax-free monthly payment of 800 euros ($865) to all adult Finns, regardless of income, wealth or employment status. The payment would replace most other state benefits.
The government thinks that the move will actually save money. Finland's welfare system is very complex and expensive to run, and the government hopes that simplifying it could reduce costly bureaucracy.
It also argues that the change may encourage more people to look for work. About 9.5% of Finns are currently out of work -- the highest rate in more than a decade -- and the government believes some people are deterred from working because they're better off on unemployment benefit than accepting a minimum wage job.
The center-right coalition government, which was elected earlier this year, is planning to finalize the proposal in 2016 and run a pilot program in 2017.
The agency in charge of welfare and national social security is currently designing the program. A trial period could see it make payments of 550 euros a month, while still offering some additional benefits such as housing support.
The government commissioned an opinion poll in September, which found that 69% of Finns agree with the plan. It has not published estimates of the costs, and did not reply to CNNMoney's request for comment.
Assuming every adult gets the payment, the program could cost between 40 billion and 50 billion euros ($54 billion) a year.
The richest would pay most of their share back in taxes, the government said. According to Finnish media, labor unions are opposed to the plan.

http://money.cnn.com/2015/12/07/news/economy/finland-basic-income-800-euros?sr=fbcnni120815finland-basic-income-800-euros0200PMStoryLink&linkId=19406291

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Why Am I Not From Finland? God Why? by DayoAdedapo: 10:28am On Dec 09, 2015
Nigeria can never be like this, let's divide it peacefully.
Re: Why Am I Not From Finland? God Why? by coolzeal(m): 10:38am On Dec 09, 2015
A country with vision and pander to the common man. That's a greater nation.
Re: Why Am I Not From Finland? God Why? by saintopus(m): 10:43am On Dec 09, 2015
You are where you are because it is the best place to stay and learn about love. You would have learnt nothing if you are a Finn.
So love rules all.
You are here on earth to gain very important spiritual lessons you may not have learnt in any other way.

So enjoy!

1 Like

Re: Why Am I Not From Finland? God Why? by saintneo(m): 11:00am On Dec 09, 2015
Many people desire this even the Europeans.
Re: Why Am I Not From Finland? God Why? by abat4real37(f): 11:21am On Dec 09, 2015
Maybe you are here by mistake grin
Re: Why Am I Not From Finland? God Why? by Blizzy9ja: 11:26am On Dec 09, 2015
saintopus:
You are where you are because it is the best place to stay and learn about love. You would have learnt nothing if you are a Finn.
So love rules all.
You are here on earth to gain very important spiritual lessons you may not have learnt in any other way.

So enjoy!
My brother na by force to learn?... Nigeria is always in the news for the bad reason

80% of Nigerians are tired and want out if the opportunity surfaces

1 Like

Re: Why Am I Not From Finland? God Why? by SkinnyDude(m): 3:45pm On Dec 09, 2015
Nigeria can not be like finland, because is just 4 million.. finns dont breed like animals
Re: Why Am I Not From Finland? God Why? by Queengee: 8:28am On Feb 26
g
Re: Why Am I Not From Finland? God Why? by Newton2024: 7:42pm On Feb 26
SkinnyDude:
Nigeria can not be like finland, because is just 4 million.. finns dont breed like animals
Leadership is the problem not birth rate. All countries more populated than Nigeria are doing well.

(1) (Reply)

Inspiring Picture Of Obama's Kids And Wife / The Longest-serving President In The World Just Won A Sixth Term / Obama Comes Out With New World Order

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.