Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,753 members, 7,817,083 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 04:03 AM

Canola Cultivation And Oil Extraction On TV Tonight - Agriculture - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Agriculture / Canola Cultivation And Oil Extraction On TV Tonight (2406 Views)

All You Need To Know To Make Cool Money In Castor Oil Cultivation And Processing / Mushroom Cultivation Simplified / Yam Cultivation From Seedlings To Planting And Harvesting (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Canola Cultivation And Oil Extraction On TV Tonight by Pavore9: 2:32pm On Dec 09, 2015
I encourage anyone who has access to some Free to Air decoders or DSTV to view Kenya's NTV tonight from 8p.m Nigerian Time to watch Seeds of Gold as it would feature the cultivation of Canola and the extraction of oil from it and its packaging. It is going to be very informative. Canola cultivation will do well in Nigeria.

Re: Canola Cultivation And Oil Extraction On TV Tonight by Pavore9: 2:33pm On Dec 09, 2015
The finished product.

Re: Canola Cultivation And Oil Extraction On TV Tonight by baba11(m): 8:39pm On Dec 09, 2015
That's lovely up there... atimes when I saw your post and I saw the beauty of being farmers/agriculture ,I had the thought of migrating to pursue my passionate field=FARMING shocked
Re: Canola Cultivation And Oil Extraction On TV Tonight by Pavore9: 5:30am On Dec 10, 2015
baba11:
That's lovely up there... atimes when I saw your post and I saw the beauty of being farmers/agriculture ,I had the thought of migrating to pursue my passionate field=FARMING shocked

You need not migrate as all you need is the knowledge which you can apply in Nigeria as the Nigerian market is so enormous as it is far bigger than the entire Eastern African Market.
Re: Canola Cultivation And Oil Extraction On TV Tonight by baba11(m): 6:38am On Dec 10, 2015
Pavore9:

You need not migrate as all you need is the knowledge which you can apply in Nigeria as the Nigerian market is so enormous as it is far bigger than the entire Eastern African Market.
I know but where to get the right knowledge within an affordable means is the problem here
Re: Canola Cultivation And Oil Extraction On TV Tonight by Pavore9: 8:44am On Dec 10, 2015
baba11:

I know but where to get the right knowledge within an affordable means is the problem here

I understand what you mean as I know such opportunity is not readily available in Nigeria as it is readily available here in Kenya. There is even a farm about an hour drive from Nairobi that will next week offer a 2 day training on organic farming of strawberries and over 25 different herbs and spices for just N2,000. I will look at it as something to establish in Nigeria in the future, a farm where people would go to acquire practical knowledge as Nigerians are hungry for such knowledge.
Re: Canola Cultivation And Oil Extraction On TV Tonight by Newway2(m): 10:01am On Dec 10, 2015
Acquiring Agric knowledge (or any knowledge) is so so expensive in Nigeria. It's this high cost that is keeping potential farmers away. Lots & lots of pple on this plaform are out to just exploit other would be farmers in d name of training or provision of inputs, mostly at exorbitant prices.

When can we have cheap but quality Agric training & inputs like Kenya?

Pavore9:

I understand what you mean as I know such opportunity is not readily available in Nigeria as it is readily available here in Kenya. There is even a farm about an hour drive from Nairobi that will next week offer a 2 day training on organic farming of strawberries and over 25 different herbs and spices for just N2,000. I will look at it as something to establish in Nigeria in the future, a farm where people would go to acquire practical knowledge as Nigerians are hungry for such knowledge.
Re: Canola Cultivation And Oil Extraction On TV Tonight by baba11(m): 10:15am On Dec 10, 2015
Pavore9:

That's exactly how it is!....I'll be looking for it in the earnest future shocked
Re: Canola Cultivation And Oil Extraction On TV Tonight by Pavore9: 10:24am On Dec 10, 2015
Newway2:
Acquiring Agric knowledge (or any knowledge) is so so expensive in Nigeria. It's this high cost that is keeping potential farmers away. Lots & lots of pple on this plaform are out to just exploit other would be farmers in d name of training or provision of inputs, mostly at exorbitant prices.

When can we have cheap but quality Agric training & inputs like Kenya?

That is where the Ministry of Agriculture owes Nigerians the obligation to disseminate information. Year in, year out budget is being made out for extension services but we do not feel anything. Private enterprise do have a role to play, like here in Kenya every TV station has at least 2 agribusiness programmes running every week, There is even one Station called Farmer TV which is a 24hrs broadcast on Agriculture.

There are many international NGOs and Foundations that are into Agriculture that are based here and from time to time offer free trainings. One was held earlier in the week, which l couldn't attend and it was on how to start a small business on processing groundnut into peanut butter and packaging them for supermarket quality. Even Kenyan agricultural agencies offers such free trainings because they know once you set up a business from what was taught, you would need KBS certification (NAFDAC equivalent) to operate, which government would make money from you, also make VAT earnings from your sales.

A Country earns more when more people are economically active.

4 Likes

(1) (Reply)

Federal Govt Virgin Farmlands 4 Lease (99yrs) @farm Settlement In Oyo State / Breed Of Broilers And Their Characteristics/Performance / Fish Drying Oven Fabrication In Lagos,nigeria,africa.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.