Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,827 members, 7,813,746 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 05:33 PM

Jumia Black Friday Scam - Phones (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Jumia Black Friday Scam (4298 Views)

Jumia.com Black Friday Scam / Best 4G Android Phones You Can Buy On Black Friday / Jumia Black Friday Scam To Nigerians. [it is Indeed A Black Day To Nigerians] (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Jumia Black Friday Scam by sherifat20: 1:40pm On Dec 10, 2015
olu4life:
Lol, just went through this sherifat post, no wonder u dey defend as if ur life depends on it. Ndo... cheesy

Madam defender of the universe, sorry about d way dey slave u guys away. hehehe... im out

Bro Antagonist, If you want to give employment with them, I will take it. I am sure you will give testimony if they offer you once.
Re: Jumia Black Friday Scam by sherifat20: 1:45pm On Dec 10, 2015
olu4life:

Madam defender of the universe, can u atleast put on ur thinking cap? or atleast try pretend u do. Is jumia same with OLX? Or u think products sold on jumia doesn't go through quality assurance stage? If im buying from OLX, why should I complain? So u telling me I can likewise market fake products on jumia to sell right? Please stop feigning ignorance and stop the stupid talk of slaving away of staffs. What has staff issue got to do with poor PR and standard on what they sell?

Kindly tell ur people to ensure they screen every product they sell properly. Even if I bought the sd card at the rate of N100, I have every right to lodge a complain. I expect much more better than this.

Truly, most Nigerians have a very stupid mentality at issues like this. Don bother replying my mention cos u no longer worth my time.

Adios

Well.... Keep whining now. I am glad you are Nigerian.
Re: Jumia Black Friday Scam by Tcheck(m): 10:43pm On Dec 12, 2015
augster:
blame innjoo not jumia

can't blame innjoo. the phone comes with a one year warranty.what Jumia should have done is to take it back nd fix it or give me another one if they can't fix it.
Re: Jumia Black Friday Scam by giftedben: 1:12am On Dec 14, 2015
sherifat20:

This is just sad. Why would you want to spoil someone's business because of a SD card? Do they manufacture them? They get this items from the manufacturers so if the item has a default, the blame should go to the source of the problem. I pray you have your own business and you will see how sweet it is to get this kind of comments. I am an entrepreneur so I know how it feels. I bought a Tecno C8, Infinix Hot and 6 home appliances. Everything is working fine. Besides, if you have taken your time to read very well, they stated clearly that there are no returns for Black Friday purchases. Did they force you to buy? Please take a chill pill and stop being unreasonable. I am sure that their workers are currently slaving away trying to satisfy customers and someone would just come and rubbish someones hardwork. i won't be surprised if someone is getting laid off because of this your lousy post. It is just an SD card!!!!!!!!!!!! They are better than any other ecommerce company in Nigeria.

This is the most stupid comment so far... What do you mean by spoiling someone's business because of SD card. Was the sd card a free gift. This item was paid for with MONEY. Just because you are running a black Friday, that should not mean you can sell damaged goods to customers. I am very happy the op took his time to narrate his experience with black Friday products. It shows they sell crap that was unable to leave their stores.
Re: Jumia Black Friday Scam by oprah007(m): 10:13am On Dec 14, 2015
Jumia also did me strong thing on Black Friday. I ordered for a WINAIT camera which was reduced to 15k on d said day. I received my order almost 2 weeks later. I opened d pack only to see a brandless camera that shoots photos and videos not different from what we get from Itel java phones. I was furious and put a call through their care service only to b told that they are unavailable for now. I sent them a mail which they replied to have received and will review my complaint. I took the camera with a filled return form to their Ibadan office, it was collected and I was told to go and await a call or email from them. Since then( Last Friday) I haven't heard or received any mail from them. My money and the useless camera is with them. I don't even know d next step to take but I have vowed to rub their useless name in d mud however I know how to if d camera is not changed or my money returned. Jumia is a BIG DIGRACE to online shopping. Awon Ole!!!
Re: Jumia Black Friday Scam by Xhaka(m): 10:25am On Dec 14, 2015
The only phone that was sold without any complain was Camon c8
Re: Jumia Black Friday Scam by cardoso1111: 10:36am On Dec 14, 2015
I got an Infinix Hot 2 and I am excited about it working so well.Welcome Jumia!more Black Friday!!
Re: Jumia Black Friday Scam by Activist1980: 12:25pm On Dec 14, 2015
oprah007:
Jumia also did me strong thing on Black Friday. I ordered for a WINAIT camera which was reduced to 15k on d said day. I received my order almost 2 weeks later. I opened d pack only to see a brandless camera that shoots photos and videos not different from what we get from Itel java phones. I was furious and put a call through their care service only to b told that they are unavailable for now. I sent them a mail which they replied to have received and will review my complaint. I took the camera with a filled return form to their Ibadan office, it was collected and I was told to go and await a call or email from them. Since then( Last Friday) I haven't heard or received any mail from them. My money and the useless camera is with them. I don't even know d next step to take but I have vowed to rub their useless name in d mud however I know how to if d camera is not changed or my money returned. Jumia is a BIG DIGRACE to online shopping. Awon Ole!!!

I thought I am the only person! Jumia is coordinated online retailing fraud! I think it is about time a petition is written to EFCC, CPC, ICPC and SON
Re: Jumia Black Friday Scam by techmandy: 11:55am On Dec 17, 2015
olu4life:

Madam defender of the universe, can u atleast put on ur thinking cap? or atleast try pretend u do. Is jumia same with OLX? Or u think products sold on jumia doesn't go through quality assurance stage? If im buying from OLX, why should I complain? So u telling me I can likewise market fake products on jumia to sell right? Please stop feigning ignorance and stop the stupid talk of slaving away of staffs. What has staff issue got to do with poor PR and standard on what they sell?

Kindly tell ur people to ensure they screen every product they sell properly. Even if I bought the sd card at the rate of N100, I have every right to lodge a complain. I expect much more better than this.

Truly, most Nigerians have a very stupid mentality at issues like this. Don bother replying my mention cos u no longer worth my time.

Adios

Jumia scammed me tooo, i ordered for 2 8gb memory card and 1 32gb memory card, they brought 3 8gb memory card and took money for 1 32gb and 2 8gbs, i no talk. I ordered for an infinix hot note, the phone no even ON. lodged complain and they refunded me. Now i ordered for an injoo max 2 plus, the phone too no ON na dthem no gree retrieve it from me, the most annoying part is that i ordered for 3 headphones on black friday and up till now they havent delivered my order rand i made payment online, those guyz are 419. Konga is way better than them. Read more complains and what jumia said here https://www.nairaland.com/2807066/jumia-black-friday-scam-nigerians
Re: Jumia Black Friday Scam by Activist1980: 10:00am On Dec 23, 2015
KashyBaby:
This is why, u shudnt get any items during this black Friday or cyber Monday bargain...it's a total fiasco! All cheap products we're been selling and it's a no return no exchange no refund...

Then this is coordinated online fraud! There is no way you can convince that they don't know what they are doing! They know that the products they are selling on those days are faulty and they go on to sell them! It is about time they are brought to justice!
Re: Jumia Black Friday Scam by Activist1980: 10:08am On Dec 23, 2015
Jumia sold me an HP Slate 6, on which no SIM card has been able to work! Almost 30 days now and they have refused to resolve it! EFCC Head Office is next to my office, I will lodge a complaint there. Jumia has to be exposed for this coordinated online retailing fraud!

1 Like

Re: Jumia Black Friday Scam by demsid(m): 2:48pm On Dec 23, 2015
olu4life:
Don't know if this is the right section but gotta say this anyways.

Ordered some stuff on black Friday on jumia. The order included a TV set, the wall hanger and 2 SD card (32gb and 8gb).

The Tv set was delivered 5 days after ordering, which was on Wednesday but the rest of the items weren't. After tweeting, (cos they shut off all their customer care lines throughout last week and left us with the only option of online platforms) the remaining items were delivered on Monday which was after 10days of ordering for it. Had even zeroed my mind on it thinking it wont be delivered again but was surprised when I was called on Monday for the delivery.

Tested the 32gb SD Card on Tuesday, but noticed it didn't function well. A 300mb(not gb o) file took 20minutes to transfer from my phone internal memory. And at the end of the day, couldn't find the moved file. Restarted my phone and yet, same thing occurred. Had to remove the stupid card, plus my phone was hanging.

Decided to transfer files to the card today from my laptop. After doing that like an hour ago, Inserted the SD card into my phone only to notice that the files saved on the card had disappeared.

Immediately placed a call to Jumia stating the error with the SD card, only to be told that orders done on black Friday cant be returned neither replaced. I was surprised and furious. Tweeted at them and got the same response.

Please, is this not a scam? Why is jumia being dubious? Are they telling me their product aren't authentic? Isnt this part of the corrupt system?
This is a total rip off and i'm totally not trusting them for life with this bad treatment. angry angry angry
Don't need the card again but want to call them to order and stop this rip off. THIS MUST BE STOPPED!!!

cc lalasticlala seun domique
similar thing happened to me. After delaying my delivery for over 10days, i cal customer service tire credit way i burn ehn reach buy another product. dey delivrd just 1 32gig mem card out of d 2 i ordered. It ws my sister that ws at home to receive d order on my behalf so she doesnt knw much abt mem card. And they wrote 2 mem cards in d invoice wc i payed completely for. I swear that black friday ws a complete black frauday. I avnt even tested d mem card self mayb na d same issue wit urs. I wil wen i get bk home tmrw.
Re: Jumia Black Friday Scam by demsid(m): 2:57pm On Dec 23, 2015
sherifat20:

Well.... Keep whining now. I am glad you are Nigerian.
u ar simply an i.diot for bashing peeps complaining and supporting jumia's flaws. U talk lik sm1 wit no brain at al. Its either u work for jumia, or u sell fake tins to ur personal customers too.
Re: Jumia Black Friday Scam by demsid(m): 3:12pm On Dec 23, 2015
krisjin:
Na wa oh! so you took your precious time (not sure if its precious to you tho) to compose this long text about an SD card. This is serious. Anyway, awoof dey run belle. But you have time oh! Still baffling me! @ the bros talking about 'impunity', did they force you?
this is a senseles post ,i wonder whr u ppl emerge frm. I bought 6 diffrent items of over 20k including 2 32g mem card, dy delivrd jst 1 bad mem card after i've paid for al. No b awoof price sef cos dy strikd inflated price and gave normal price as d discount. It ws lata i discovrd i cn gt d 32gig mem card 2k in local stores. My 4k jst waste like that for jumia. They wil soön tarnish their image this way.
Re: Jumia Black Friday Scam by Activist1980: 1:10pm On Jan 08, 2016
demsid:
similar thing happened to me. After delaying my delivery for over 10days, i cal customer service tire credit way i burn ehn reach buy another product. dey delivrd just 1 32gig mem card out of d 2 i ordered. It ws my sister that ws at home to receive d order on my behalf so she doesnt knw much abt mem card. And they wrote 2 mem cards in d invoice wc i payed completely for. I swear that black friday ws a complete black frauday. I avnt even tested d mem card self mayb na d same issue wit urs. I wil wen i get bk home tmrw.

It is about time we in Nigeria stood up against our rights as customers, especially deliberately selling substandard products to unsuspecting buyers during discount sales e.g. Black Friday, Cyber Monday etc. by online retailing organizations. They know some of us would rather not seek redress for substandard products of N 20,000 (about $ 100), make their customer service points inaccessible (that is if they actually functional!) and wear you out until you give up following up on unresolved bad sales. Imagine if they had sold substandard products worth N 20,000 (about $ 100) to just about 100 of us. That is a whooping N 2,000,000 (about $ 10,000), just like that! I will be taking a written petition to Economic and Financial Crimes Commission ( EFCC), Consumer Protection Commission (CPC) and Standard Organization of Nigeria (SON) against Jumia. Sign petition at http://www.ipetitions.com/petition/stopjumiaonlineretailingfraud

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

Meet First Nigerian Blogger To Buy The New Iphone 7s / Android Tablet Non-Removable Battery Problem / See What A Nigerian Youth Posted To Itels Facebook Page

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 144
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.