Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,001 members, 7,821,506 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 02:02 PM

Can One Lose His Salvation? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Can One Lose His Salvation? (813 Views)

Bishop Oyedepo: "A Christian Can Lose His Salvation" / Charley Boy Testifies Of His Salvation At Christ Embassy Abuja Today(Photos) / Can A Christian Lose His Salvation? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Can One Lose His Salvation? by jerrydelight(m): 9:37pm On Dec 09, 2015
a lot hs been said about salvation been lost and it been eternal but after a lecture on citizenship i have come to realize that Salvation is like Citizenship and Citizenship as we all know can be gotten through Naturalization,Birth, Marriage and "CAN ALSO BE LOST" through the following general factors applicable to all nations; *Renunciation (voluntary loss). *Treason. * Affiliation with enemy country.

Salvation like citizenship is gotten simultaneously through naturalization ( Willfully accepting / believing in Christ Jesus. John 11:25-26, 12:39), Birth ( being born again of the Spirit. John 3:3-6, 1Pet. 1:23) and marriage ( Companionship / Communion with the Holy Spirit. Rom. 8:1,4).

These processes of receiving salvation occurs simultaneously. Prior to a Christian's encounter with Christ Jesus, he was a citizen of the Kingdom of darkness (hell or of the world) John 8:23, 15:19, 1Pet.2:10,but after his encounter with Christ Jesus he was translated from darkness to light (1Pet. 2:9),sealed with the Holy Spirit to guarantee your rights in the Kingdom ( Eph. 1:13:14) hence owing no allegiance whatsoever to darkness but now to light. By accepting Jesus Christ into his life, he automatically renounced his worldly citizenship.

The spirit world, unlike this physical world, has just but two Kingdom; light(heaven) and darkness(hell) which are in constant opposition to one another and one can only belong to one at a time.

There is no neutrality in this spiritual citizenship, when you are not against one kingdom , it means you for it. Matt. 12:30, SALVATION CAN BE LOST in the same manner citizenship is lost i.e through;
*Renunciation of one's faith in Christ Jesus. This means rejecting or relinquishing every rights and privileges of being in Christ Jesus. Heb. 6:4-6, 12:15-17.
*Treason (Blasphemy against the Holy Ghost). Matt. 12:31-32, Eph. 4:30
*Willful sin, (serving the flesh which is against the spirit ). Heb. 10:26, Exo. 32:33.

If the theory of once saved always saved was to be true, there won't be any word of God speaking of erasing names from the book of life which is the assurance of salvation (Phil. 4:3). Due to the fact that written and sealed assurance of salvation can be broken and erased ( Exo. 32:32-33, Rev. 3:5, hence Salvation can be lost.

— Share It —

1 Like

Re: Can One Lose His Salvation? by Nobody: 9:39pm On Dec 09, 2015
meet ur pastor
Re: Can One Lose His Salvation? by jerrydelight(m): 9:47pm On Dec 09, 2015
EroticAngelina:
meet ur pastor

i have.

they all hold different opinion
Re: Can One Lose His Salvation? by jerrydelight(m): 9:48pm On Dec 09, 2015
EroticAngelina:
meet ur pastor

if you had asked me to meet Jesus or God about i might consider
Re: Can One Lose His Salvation? by Nobody: 9:55pm On Dec 09, 2015
The spirit world don't have kingdoms grin Sorry I laughed! It's shocking how poorly taught we Africans are. We should be schooling other races on the concepts of Spirituality.

1. You cannot lose your salvation because no one needs saving. This realm we are is a learning school for everyone. Although it is a realm of "limitations" but we are all fine.

2.Salvation is not like obtaining Citizenship. Lets not forget you OP are a Citizen of Nigeria and of the Planet. You were born with it! You don't need to obtain anything.

3 Jesus is not your savior. You don't need a Savior,neither was he once a citizen of darkness. Take the name "Jesus" out and put your name there,then it will make more sense.

4 the spirit world have no 2 kingdoms but unlimited levels of consciousness. Think of energy fields. Some energy particles are more potent than others. The higher you go the stronger it becomes. That is why your level of energy charge determines where you will fit in. Some are closer to the source than others. It is fair to say we are almost in darkness on this planet due to misinformation. All you need is to move into the light and that's it. No one needs a savior,maybe perhaps an alarm clock to let you know when to wake up.

And lastly the Spiritual realm is neutral. It is slightly leaning towards the positive and yet at equilibrium.

2 Likes

Re: Can One Lose His Salvation? by jerrydelight(m): 10:14pm On Dec 09, 2015
1feness:
The spirit world don't have kingdoms grin Sorry I laughed! It's shocking how poorly taught we Africans are. We should be schooling other races on the concepts of Spirituality.

1. You cannot lose your salvation because no one needs saving. This realm we are is a learning school for everyone. Although it is a realm of "limitations" but we are all fine.

2.Salvation is not like obtaining Citizenship. Lets not forget you OP are a Citizen of Nigeria and of the Planet. You were born with it! You don't need to obtain anything.

3 Jesus is not your savior. You don't need a Savior,neither was he once a citizen of darkness. Take the name "Jesus" out and put your name there,then it will make more sense.

4 the spirit world have no 2 kingdoms but unlimited levels of consciousness. Think of energy fields. Some energy particles are more potent than others. The higher you go the stronger it becomes. That is why your level of energy charge determines where you will fit in. Some are closer to the source than others. It is fair to say we are almost in darkness on this planet due to misinformation. All you need is to move into the light and that's it. No one needs a savior,maybe perhaps an alarm clock to let you know when to wake up.

And lastly the Spiritual realm is neutral. It is slightly leaning towards the positive and yet at equilibrium.

i didnt know how delusional some people can be

1 Like

Re: Can One Lose His Salvation? by Nobody: 10:17pm On Dec 09, 2015
jerrydelight:

i didnt know how delusional some people can be

Indeed. So tell me about your god then....

2 Likes

Re: Can One Lose His Salvation? by mohemos: 10:27pm On Dec 09, 2015
OP, you're correct.
Re: Can One Lose His Salvation? by Judas2013: 10:35pm On Dec 09, 2015
OP is deluded

you gave no evidence of your god still
Re: Can One Lose His Salvation? by jerrydelight(m): 10:37pm On Dec 09, 2015
mohemos:
OP, you're correct.
good to know that there are reasonable people NL
Re: Can One Lose His Salvation? by jerrydelight(m): 10:38pm On Dec 09, 2015
Judas2013:
OP is deluded

you gave no evidence of your god still

YOU ARE DELUSIONAL
Re: Can One Lose His Salvation? by Judas2013: 10:40pm On Dec 09, 2015
jerrydelight:

YOU ARE DELUSIONAL

this is delusion

Re: Can One Lose His Salvation? by mohemos: 10:42pm On Dec 09, 2015
The problem I have with most Christian is lack of research and self teaching through Holy Spirit.
How can you say you're a Christian and you depend only on your pastor's teaching (of which some are wrong ).

Logically, salvation is not permanent that's why there are rooms for forgiveness of sins.
If is TRUE that once saved forever saved, then I don't need to yield to any of the commandments immediately I receive my salvation.

Are the commandments not created for Christians to prepare them for heaven ?
If YES, why then do you ignore them and expect to make heaven ?

If you enter a church and they preach that once saved forever saved, just carry yourself and leave without going back to that Church, because that's the gateway to Hell.

Have you forgotten that unholy soul cannot enter into God's kingdom ?

Or don't you know that you need to be perfect to enter into the Kingdom of God ?

I know is almost impossible for you not to err at some point, that's why there is provision for Mercy and forgiveness.

1 Like

Re: Can One Lose His Salvation? by johnw74: 5:18am On Dec 10, 2015
I'm not sure if salvation can be lost
but I think many wrongly believe they are saved

Just saying Jesus is Lord does not save you
but doing what he say's to do, affirms your faith in Him being your Lord.

Luk_6:46 And why call ye me, Lord, Lord, and do not the things which I say?

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

The Epistles Of Jesus Christ And Abgarus King Of Edessa. / What Were The Various Distractions You Had In Church Today? / Open Heavens Daily Devotional 02/05/16

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.