Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,176 members, 7,815,114 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 07:29 AM

Help! Please I Want Answers To Some Fundamental Biblical Question - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Help! Please I Want Answers To Some Fundamental Biblical Question (1556 Views)

Lets See Who Can Answer This Biblical Question About Jesus Death. / Tongues: A Fundamental Flaw In Pentecostalism / 5 Reasons Why Christians Dont Receive Answers To Their Prayers (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Help! Please I Want Answers To Some Fundamental Biblical Question by fabre4: 6:21am On Dec 10, 2015
I don't know if am slowly becoming an atheist by not believing the old testament especially about creation there are just too many unanswered questions

I would like to say that I believe in Jesus Christ
I hope you can help me with answers to this questions

1)were Adam and eve the only people God created in the beginning
2)we now know that there is a new planet that inhabits living things what is the biblical explanation for that together with other planets
3)Jesus is going to prepare a place for believers if heaven exists already what is that place called
4)since God knew that eve would eat the apple why did he not stop Serpent from tempting her despite knowing the consequences and also why did he pretend as if he didn't know what Adam and eve had done was he trying to be sarcastic
5)is there a probability that the 7 or 3½ years of the great tribulation could be shortened
6)Why do we still read the old testament which was gotten from Judaism with so much love for blood even though it contradicts Christ teaching
7)Is it a sin to ask rational questions cos as scientist it is very difficult to close minded

ATHEIST PLEASE KEEP OFF .
PastorAIO SonofIssachar annyplenty OLAADEGBU Ubenedictus
Re: Help! Please I Want Answers To Some Fundamental Biblical Question by fabre4: 6:23am On Dec 10, 2015
please biblical reference will be appreciated
Re: Help! Please I Want Answers To Some Fundamental Biblical Question by Bisjosh(f): 6:53am On Dec 10, 2015
Following
Re: Help! Please I Want Answers To Some Fundamental Biblical Question by wahles(m): 7:02am On Dec 10, 2015
These questions running tru ma head too# following though#
Re: Help! Please I Want Answers To Some Fundamental Biblical Question by shepherd77: 7:16am On Dec 10, 2015
Let ma attempt to reply

1. I believe Adam and Eve were the only people created. There is no biblical evidence to show otherwise.

2. What is the name of the planet? As far as i know, it's still speculations.

3. I believe it's still heaven. There is a limit to what we know about heaven. For instance, in the beginning God created the heavens and the earth. When then was hell created? Is it part of heaven or earth? Again Revelation reads: ....and i saw a new heaven and a new earth.... This means there was an old heaven which passed away.

4. The same reason God is not forcing salvation on everyone. Does he not know ppl would go to hell if they don't embrace salvation? He knows but our choices could be paramount.

5. It's seven years (a week). In Daniel, it reads that in the middle of the week....... This means it's shortened to 3.5 years.

6. The old testaments does not contradict Jesus teachings. Jesus did not come to abolish the laws and the prophets. He came to fulfill it.

7. No it isn't. If God didn't want you to ask them he wouldn't give you the brain. But after you've asked it, you'll ask the next and the next and the next. You'll eventually find out j you're going in a circle. Ecclesiastes reads that God has set eternity in the heart of men so they cannot fathom what he done.

Hope i tried.

whoever is interested in Dragnet, SHL, Workforce test questions & Answers, should Check this thread

https://www.nairaland.com/2685888/myjob-mobile-app-android

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Help! Please I Want Answers To Some Fundamental Biblical Question by winner01(m): 7:33am On Dec 10, 2015
fabre4:
I don't know if am slowly becoming an atheist by not believing the old testament especially about creation there are just too many unanswered questions
First and foremost, ill like you to understand that its perfectly normal to ask questions regarding scriptures. Its the only way to have a deeper knowledge of anything. Its why newly found lovers ask questions, to know more about themselves.
At some point, i was filled with questions myself. I can tell you that all we need to know is contained in the scriptures.
You will find no answers in atheism. Atheism is not "Merely Disbelieving" as they makes it seem. It is actually a conscious effort to rebel against God. Take nairaland for example, self-proclaimed atheists spend everyday of their lives "not asking reasonable questions" but "encouraging other people not to follow God".
fabre4:

1)were Adam and eve the only people God created in the beginning.
This question usually arise mainly because of cains wife. Well, there is no biblical indication that God created other humans apart from Adam and Eve. Adam is called the “first man” in 1Corinthians15:45. Also Genesis3:20 calls Eve the mother of all the living. So basically, there were no humans apart from Adam and Eve.
Adam was 130 years old when he had Seth, and other sons and daughters Genesis 4:25 ; 5:3. At 130 he probably had grandkids and great-grandkids which in turn means Cain had plenty of people to be afraid of after killing his brother, including females to marry from (which was lawful until the law of moses).

fabre4:
2)we now know that there is a new planet that inhabits living things what is the biblical explanation for that together with other planets
There is no known planet that inhabits living things sir, probably one that has been predicted to be able to support life. Its just speculations.

fabre4:
3)Jesus is going to prepare a place for believers if heaven exists already what is that place called
Simple, Heaven. You can prepare a place in your home for someone, it is still your home.
fabre4:
4)since God knew that eve would eat the apple why did he not stop Serpent from tempting her despite knowing the consequences and also why did he pretend as if he didn't know what Adam and eve had done was he trying to be sarcastic
Please watch this clip, i believe it will put my answer in better words.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZQmLVU_nvo8

fabre4:
5)is there a probability that the 7 or 3½ years of the great tribulation could be shortened
As far as I know, Revelation 13:5 says its three and a half years, the length of the Great Tribulation.
You need to understand that the Tribulation and the great Tribulation do not mean the same thing. The Tribulation refers to the full seven-year period while the “Great Tribulation” refers to the second half of the Tribulation.

fabre4:
6)Why do we still read the old testament which was gotten from Judaism with so much love for blood even though it contradicts Christ teaching
The old testament serves as the foundation of events, people, laws, sacrifices, covenants, promises and prophecies of the Old Testament, It would be much difficult to have an understanding of the new testament without it.
Jesus did not teach against the old testament, but exercised authority over the foundational teachings of the scribes.

fabre4:
7)Is it a sin to ask rational questions cos as scientist it is very difficult to close minded
It is not a sin but that depends on what you mean by rational questions. Where and whom you ask your serious questions too is very important. Especially not on an atheist owned forum, who gives atheist the freedom to poison the minds of weak believers on a religion-coated section.
The fact that there is no section for christians as there is for muslims is enough to send you the message of the anti-christian plot. Some of us are here just because of the same weak minds that could be affected by demonic poisons.

Rationality is good, very good but it is not sufficient.
There is no rational reason why i should stay with one woman when i can have a variety of ladies, there is no rational reason why i shouldnt cheat during exams if it will make me pass. Theres no rational reason why i shouldnt smoke if its what i love. In short, theres no rational reason why i shouldnt do something if my action are calculated to satisfy me or help me succeed.
God is the all sufficient, not rationality.
Mr fabre4, i hope ive been able to atleast clear the air.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Help! Please I Want Answers To Some Fundamental Biblical Question by MrDavidson: 7:36am On Dec 10, 2015
shepherd77:
Let ma attempt to reply

1. I believe Adam and Eve were the only people created. There is no biblical evidence to show otherwise....

The asker, please you have your answers here. God bless you, shepherd77.
Re: Help! Please I Want Answers To Some Fundamental Biblical Question by thisisolamii: 7:54am On Dec 10, 2015
I love ur response
shepherd77:
Let ma attempt to reply

1. I believe Adam and Eve were the only people created. There is no biblical evidence to show otherwise.

3. I believe it's still heaven. There is a limit to what we know about heaven. For instance, in the beginning God created the heavens and the earth. When then was hell created? Is it part of heaven or earth? Again Revelation reads: ....and i saw a new heaven and a new earth.... This means there was an old heaven which passed away.

4. The same reason God is not forcing salvation on everyone. Does he not know ppl would go to hell if they don't embrace salvation? He knows but our choices could be paramount.

5. It's seven years (a week). In Daniel, it reads that in the middle of the week....... This means it's shortened to 3.5 years.

6. The old testaments does not contradict Jesus teachings. Jesus did not come to abolish the laws and the prophets. He came to fulfill it.

7. No it isn't. If God didn't want you to ask them he wouldn't give you the brain. But after you've asked it, you'll ask the next and the next and the next. You'll eventually find out j you're going in a circle. Ecclesiastes reads that God has set eternity in the heart of men so they cannot fathom what he done.

Hope i tried.

whoever is interested in Dragnet, SHL, Workforce test questions & Answers, should Check this thread

Re: Help! Please I Want Answers To Some Fundamental Biblical Question by Scholar8200(m): 9:51am On Dec 10, 2015
Op, Shepherd77 has done justice to ur questions. Besides, as rgds Q3, Jesus said the place to be prepared is IN His Father's House (extant) not apart from the Father's House.
Re: Help! Please I Want Answers To Some Fundamental Biblical Question by Hiswordxray(m): 9:58am On Dec 10, 2015
I would have answered your questions but the truth is that the answers to these questions won't solve your problem.

Listen closely to your heart and tell me, do you believe God's word is true? Do you believe He can never lie?
If your answer is yes then that settles it. What you have to do next is focus on getting closer to God. Desire desperately to know Him and not just accumulate your head with knowledge that may not be useful to you. Eternal life is about knowing God, so just focus on that.

If you need help in growing into the deeper things of Christ and in giving yourself completely to him, then contact me, my email is in my profile.

1 Like

Re: Help! Please I Want Answers To Some Fundamental Biblical Question by Ubenedictus(m): 5:33pm On Dec 10, 2015
ITALO
Re: Help! Please I Want Answers To Some Fundamental Biblical Question by fabre4: 11:37pm On Dec 10, 2015
shepherd77:
Let ma attempt to reply 4:17 And Cain knew his wife; and she conceived, and bare Enoch: and he builded a city, and called the name of the city, after the name of his son, Enoch. Genesis

how did Cains wife about

If their is an old heaven why are they dead in Christ not there cause according to the Bible the dead in Christ shall rise first meaning they have been sleeping or still dead

4. The same reason God is not forcing salvation on everyone. Does he not know ppl would go to hell if they don't embrace salvation? He knows but our choices could be paramount. does that mean we have freewill?

Does he know people that will go to hell before they are born?

But for the elects sake those days shall be shortened

Was the religion practiced that time called Christianity
if no then why was the old testament incorporated into the bible

Hope i tried.

Thanks shepherd77 I really appreciate your answers
Re: Help! Please I Want Answers To Some Fundamental Biblical Question by fabre4: 11:39pm On Dec 10, 2015
shepherd77:
Let ma attempt to reply 4:17 And Cain knew his wife; and she conceived, and bare Enoch: and he builded a city, and called the name of the city, after the name of his son, Enoch. Genesis

How did Cains wife come about

If their is an old heaven why are they dead in Christ not there cause according to the Bible the dead in Christ shall rise first meaning they have been sleeping or still dead

4. The same reason God is not forcing salvation on everyone. Does he not know ppl would go to hell if they don't embrace salvation? He knows but our choices could be paramount. does that mean we have freewill?

Does he know people that will go to hell before they are born?

But for the elects sake those days shall be shortened

Was the religion practiced that time called Christianity
if no then why was the old testament incorporated into the bible

Hope i tried.

Thanks shepherd77 I really appreciate your answers
Re: Help! Please I Want Answers To Some Fundamental Biblical Question by italo: 6:32am On Dec 11, 2015
fabre4:

I would like to say that I believe in Jesus Christ
I hope you can help me with answers to this questions

1)were Adam and eve the only people God created in the beginning

ATHEIST PLEASE KEEP OFF .
PastorAIO SonofIssachar annyplenty OLAADEGBU Ubenedictus

1. Yes. Adam and Eve were the first people created. Cains wife? She could well have been his sister.

2. I don't know the 'biblical explanation.' But if indeed there is life in other planets, they are all a testament to the awesomeness of God's creation.

3. 'I'm going to prepare a room in my flat for my visiting mother.' Does it mean the room is not already existing?

4. God has given man the dignity and freedom to choose. Even your parents at a point will give you the dignity of choosing freely between good and bad. A reasonable husband will give his wife the dignity of freely choosing to be faithful or unfaithful.

I don't know whether God was being sarcastic or he was giving Adam and Eve the chance to state their case honestly or dishonestly. But what has that got do with belief or disbelief in the old testament?

5. The Catholic Church doesn't teach about the tribulation in the literal sense that you're taking it

6. The Old Testament is the pointer to Christ And his coming. It helps us to understand the reason he came.

7. No. Being a scientist with a probing open mind will lead you to God. Just look at the human body and how it releases antibodies to fight diseases. Look at how the blood streams have their own dispensary that administer treatment for impurities in the blood. Look at how violating God's law leads to negative consequences for the human body e.g contraceptives damaging effect on women's bodies, indiscriminate sex and stds, the link between abortion and breast cancer, effects of over-drinking, etc. Let's not even start with the awesomeness of the universe. Can a scientist with an open mind tell me that all these sprang up on their own?

Just to give you a bonus: the first person to propound the big bang theory was a Catholic priesy, Fr Georges Lemaitre. He believed in God more than you...and had a more open mind than you...and was a better scientist than you (no malice intended).

Also, many other pioneer in great scientific fields and strata have been Catholic priests.

There is NO dispute between true religion and true science.
Re: Help! Please I Want Answers To Some Fundamental Biblical Question by AlfaSeltzer(m): 8:19am On Dec 11, 2015
op, Satan has made the first steps towards you
you are on the right path to spiritual emancipation
the brain is a wonderful thing, use it
Re: Help! Please I Want Answers To Some Fundamental Biblical Question by fabre4: 3:20pm On Dec 11, 2015
AlfaSeltzer:
op, Satan has made the first steps towards you
you are on the right path to spiritual emancipation
the brain is a wonderful thing, use it

why do you keep calling Satan when anyone questions the authenticity of the bible if you just believe in the bible without settling those disputes in your heart When someone asks u critical questions about the bible how would you respond you still think inside the box that is why its easy for you to believe in entirety once you start thinking outside the box u will see how difficult it is to believe anything without questioning.
Re: Help! Please I Want Answers To Some Fundamental Biblical Question by fabre4: 3:55pm On Dec 11, 2015
italo:

1. Yes. Adam and Eve were the first people created. Cains wife? She could well have been his sister

Are you assuming? If true true why was she not mentioned
Genesis 4:15 And the LORD said unto him, Therefore whosoever slayeth Cain, vengeance shall be taken on him sevenfold. And the LORD set a mark upon Cain, lest any finding him should kill him. Who were those any
2. I don't know the 'biblical explanation.' But if indeed there is life in other planets, they are all a testament to the awesomeness of God's creation. so how do you explain their existence to the unbelievers

3. 'I'm going to prepare a room in my flat for my visiting mother.' Does it mean the room is not already existing?

hmmmm are the dead in Christ also in heaven

4. God has given man the dignity and freedom to choose. Even your parents at a point will give you the dignity of choosing freely between good and bad. A reasonable husband will give his wife the dignity of freely choosing to be faithful or unfaithful.

I don't know whether God was being sarcastic or he was giving Adam and Eve the chance to state their case honestly or dishonestly. But what has that got do with belief or disbelief in the old testament?

what it has got to with belief is that is seems as if God was waiting for them to sin. Come to think about it God is omnipresent he is everywhere so he sees everything what a loving does when he sees us making mistake is to stop us from making them rather than punishing us after making them while he saw us making them

5. The Catholic Church doesn't teach about the tribulation in the literal sense that you're taking it
I don't get your point here

6. The Old Testament is the pointer to Christ And his coming. It helps us to understand the reason he came.
Why was it that anyone that wasn't an Israelite was killed whether innocent or guilty even the women and children who where innocent ? Did God not create them all and is he not a fair and true judge

7. No. Being a scientist with a probing open mind will lead you to God. Just look at the human body and how it releases antibodies to fight diseases. Look at how the blood streams have their own dispensary that administer treatment for impurities in the blood. Look at how violating God's law leads to negative consequences for the human body e.g contraceptives damaging effect on women's bodies, indiscriminate sex and stds, the link between abortion and breast cancer, effects of over-drinking, etc. Let's not even start with the awesomeness of the universe. Can a scientist with an open mind tell me that all these sprang up on their own?

I won't comment on this so as not to blaspheme

Just to give you a bonus: the first person to propound the big bang theory was a Catholic priest, Fr Georges Lemaitre. He believed in God more than you...and had a more open mind than you...and was a better scientist than you (no malice intended).

Also, many other pioneer in great scientific fields and strata have been Catholic priests.

There is NO dispute between true religion and true science.
Re: Help! Please I Want Answers To Some Fundamental Biblical Question by italo: 5:26pm On Dec 11, 2015
fabre4:

Are you assuming? If true true why was she not mentioned
Genesis 4:15 And the LORD said unto him, Therefore whosoever slayeth Cain, vengeance shall be taken on him sevenfold. And the LORD set a mark upon Cain, lest any finding him should kill him. Who were those any

Yes, I'm assuming. The "any" could well have been his brothers and nephew.

It's okay to assume, because God never promised that he would give us every detail of the lives of biblical characters...neither did he say that these details should compulsory be known by us.
Re: Help! Please I Want Answers To Some Fundamental Biblical Question by italo: 5:32pm On Dec 11, 2015
fabre4:

so how do you explain their existence to the unbelievers

You're yet to prove conclusively that there is life in other planets.

Even if you do...why do I have to explain their existence to unbelievers?

Why don't you ask unbelievers to explain their existence to me?
Re: Help! Please I Want Answers To Some Fundamental Biblical Question by italo: 5:34pm On Dec 11, 2015
fabre4:
are the dead in Christ also in heaven

If you mean those who died in good standing with Christ, yes.
Re: Help! Please I Want Answers To Some Fundamental Biblical Question by italo: 5:41pm On Dec 11, 2015
fabre4:

what it has got to with belief is that is seems as if God was waiting for them to sin. Come to think about it God is omnipresent he is everywhere so he sees everything what a loving does when he sees us making mistake is to stop us from making them rather than punishing us after making them while he saw us making them

To sin is to reject God.

To sin is to freely choose the consequences of sin.

God has given us the freedom to choose.

Do you want to teach God how a loving God should behave?
Re: Help! Please I Want Answers To Some Fundamental Biblical Question by italo: 5:43pm On Dec 11, 2015
fabre4:

Why was it that anyone that wasn't an Israelite was killed whether innocent or guilty even the women and children who where innocent ? Did God not create them all and is he not a fair and true judge

Are you sure of the bold?
Re: Help! Please I Want Answers To Some Fundamental Biblical Question by italo: 5:48pm On Dec 11, 2015
fabre4:

I don't get your point here

The Catholic Church doesn't take the biblical account of the "Great tribulation" literally...as you are taking it.
Re: Help! Please I Want Answers To Some Fundamental Biblical Question by fabre4: 8:50pm On Dec 11, 2015
italo:

If you mean those who died in good standing with Christ, yes.

According to the bible during rapture the dead in Christ shall rise first does that mean they will rise from heaven
Re: Help! Please I Want Answers To Some Fundamental Biblical Question by fabre4: 8:52pm On Dec 11, 2015
italo:

The Catholic Church doesn't take the biblical account of the "Great tribulation" literally...as you are taking it.

so how do they explain it
Re: Help! Please I Want Answers To Some Fundamental Biblical Question by fabre4: 9:04pm On Dec 11, 2015
italo:

To sin is to reject God.

how can their be freedom in an action that has grave consequences
Re: Help! Please I Want Answers To Some Fundamental Biblical Question by fabre4: 9:05pm On Dec 11, 2015
italo:

To sin is to reject God.

how can there be freedom in an action that has grave consequences

How can you be under a law and yet claim you can do what you like

Marian Webster dictionary definition of freedom is the absence of necessity,coercion, or constraint in choice or action
Re: Help! Please I Want Answers To Some Fundamental Biblical Question by italo: 7:31am On Dec 12, 2015
fabre4:

how can there be freedom in an action that has grave consequences

How can you be under a law and yet claim you can do what you like

Marian Webster dictionary definition of freedom is the absence of necessity,coercion, or constraint in choice or action 

Are you free to go without water for days? Yes or No?

Does it have grave consequences? Yes or no?

If you were answering my questions, you'd find in your answers, the answers to the questions you're asking.
Re: Help! Please I Want Answers To Some Fundamental Biblical Question by italo: 7:33am On Dec 12, 2015
fabre4:

how can their be freedom in an action that has grave consequences

Do you have the freedom to vote for a corrupt politician? Yes or no?

Re: Help! Please I Want Answers To Some Fundamental Biblical Question by italo: 8:20am On Dec 12, 2015
fabre4:

According to the bible during rapture the dead in Christ shall rise first does that mean they will rise from heaven

The dead will rise bodily from the earth.

Read 1Cor15.
Re: Help! Please I Want Answers To Some Fundamental Biblical Question by italo: 8:54am On Dec 12, 2015
fabre4:

so how do they explain it

In summary, not a literal 7-year suffering period. Please show where the Bible mentions a seven-year tribulation.

These should help you:

http://www.vatican.va/archive/ccc_css/archive/catechism/p1s2c2a7.htm

https://www.ewtn.com/expert/answers/endtimes.htm
Re: Help! Please I Want Answers To Some Fundamental Biblical Question by fabre4: 4:06pm On Dec 12, 2015
italo:

Are you free to go without water for days? Yes or No?

If you were answering my questions, you'd find in your answers, the answers to the questions you're asking.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Opinion: I Am Christian, But I Love Wearing Hijab / The Relationship Between Muhammad And Satan / A New Thread: The Religious Hall Of Shame!!!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 87
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.